shape
carat
color
clarity

The passing of RockDoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m shocked and sorry to hear of this. He was a great contribution to this forum. He seemed like such a thoughtful ethical man through his posts.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never had the pleasure of working with RockDoc personally but I always enjoyed reading his helpful posts. My condolences to his friends and family.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, very sad news. Rocdoc will be missed. I have had several opportunities to talk with him and his love and desire to inform was infectious. The more you talked, the more questions you had and the more he enjoyed answering them!

Peace and heartfelt condolences to all who hurt, at the loss of their dear friend and family member......

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on vacation but had to stop in to say how sorry I am to hear this news.
8.gif
My thoughts and prayers are with Bill''s family.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i agree with all of the posts about the integrity, knowledge and helpfulness rockdoc exhibited on this forum. i echo the heartfelt expressions of condolance at his passing.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve just learned about Bill''s passing from the Polygon tradesite...I''m very saddened and shocked to hear this news!

I had the opportunity to spend a day with him at his office a few years back. We "played" with his numerous instrumental "toys" and, of course, his "pet rocks"...it was a great time...such time which he gave willingly and unselfishly to me and others, AND it was educational.

Bill was the consumate consumer advocate, be it on in his office, on the phone, internet sites, or in the courtroom. His insistent protection of all his clients...some of whom were also mine...was a hallmark, and he served them well.

I will miss his long phone conversations. I considered him a friend.

With deepest condolences to the family.

Gary Dutton

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
I have read many of RockDoc''s posts and learned much from his writings here on the Forum. He was always happy to share insightful information and gave great advice.

Thanks to the Price Scope Community, I was priviledged to learn from one of the GREATS!!

My deepest sympathies to Bill''s family and friends at the loss of their dear Loved One.
12.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I was just reading his posts and absorbing his knowledge today. He was always so helpful and giving of his expertise.

Very sad news.

a

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
I just login ps and saw this post ...
39.gif

I often enjoyed reading his postings here. He will be missed.
My sincere condolence to his family.

WL

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about this sad news. My deepest condolences to his family and loved ones. He will definitely be missed.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you to those who knew Bill best, for sharing some of your personal memories with us, since most of us didn''t know him as well. Ralph, I found your post particularly bittersweet because you and I met via one of Roc Doc''s webinar''s a couple of months back, and I know for those of us participating in that webinar, Roc Doc made us feel empowered to make informed decisions on how to best insure our jewelry and understand the sometimes unclear world of insurance policies. The knowledge he shared with us was given freely and with the intent to educate each one of us he spoke with. He was a true teacher and he will surely be missed.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Just heard about Rock

My deepest condolences to his family

Rock we will miss you at PS

Johan and Staff in Australia
Michael and staff in Canada

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a shock. And what a terrible loss.

My condolences.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sad. RockDoc will be missed. My prayers and condolences.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
This is so utterly shocking and sad. He will be terribly missed.

My deepest condolences to his family.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear of Bill a.k.a. RockDoc''s passing, my condolences to Bill and his family.
15.gif

suzi

Shiny_Rock
39.gif
I was shocked and saddened to hear of Bill''s passing. He will be missed, for sure.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
While I too never worked with RockDoc... it was VERY apparent that he had such immense knowledge and a willingness and enthusiam to share it, that we all benefited from it.

My sincerest condolences to his familiy, friends and loved ones whose lives were touched everyday by such an amazing individual.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Bill, if the Lord allows you to read this my heart is with you my dear friend and you will never be forgotten.

While Bill was not a lifelong friend of mine, we both became friends back in mid 2000 when I began participating on the forums. Daily we would post together when there were no others around; doing all he could to help with the time he had to give. Bill has a heart of gold and selflessly gave of hiimself and many times without any compensation save for the fact that he was helping another individual. I can think of many times his intentions were misunderstood, but always at the heart of the matter was the consumers best interests. He was a man who put the needs and concerns of others before his own and it reflected in his work and what he did in his daily life. Hehe… sometimes he was so giving and informative that it’d be tough to get off the phone with him!

41.gif

We had the chance to explore some technologies together and would often share our findings with one another regarding certain proportion combinations and facet structures, how they’d test out etc. and I’ll never forget our great times of discovery. We were like kids in a candy shop. :_)

He set an awesome example for all whom he came in contact with and he will be sorely missed. Marty, thank you for letting us know. I know of all people perhaps you were one of his closest friends. My prayers are with you during this time.

In God’s Care,
Jonathan

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
If Pricescope ever adds a special "in memoriam" forum, Bill deserves a place at the top.

He probably spent hours answering email questions I had over the years on some fairly esoteric topics like colored diamond treatments and nuances in spinel colors, even though I''d never been a customer of his. Like Gary Dutton said, he shared his knowledge willingly and unselfishly. He was not only a consummate professional and consumer advocate but also a hobbyist - I will always remember his great enthusiasm.

Bill, you will be missed.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock

What a shock! A terrible loss to the consumers.

We had some wild times on Diamondtalk before we both got kicked off :)

Like Friends we had our fights / feuds and our apologies, I will truly miss him.

He will have his knowlege last forever on cyberspace.

Farwell my amazing friend

cj

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry to hear about his passing. While I do not know him personally, I''ve read some of his posts and he sounds like a great guy. My condolences to his family and friends.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
I had the priviledge of knowing Bill and working with him on diamond matters.

We have lost a man of incredible honor and a true gentleman. God rest his generous soul.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I just want to add my condolences to those of my other PS family members. I was in shock when I read this. He will be truly missed.

I just want to add something if you will indulge me just a bit. It is a description of the New Jerusalem from the book of Revelation. I had to look it up to share it with you, and I think you will know why.

It''s found in Revelation 21. John is following the angel who is measuring the New Jerusalem.

There is a wall and it has foundations. The wall is of jasper and the city was pure gold like unto clear glass. The foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. And the twelve gates of the city were twelve pearls and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

I think our RockDoc will feel quite at home there.

shay

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I am so sad to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He will be missed.

I am new to PS but I have read a number of his comments and threads and considered highly off him in the diamond/jewelery world. Years from now people like me will still be reading his post, learning from him, and wishing he were here with us to learn more from.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I am shocked to hear this news. From what I''ve read of RockDoc, he was truly an amazing man and will sorely be missed by many, amongst whom are members of the PS community. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am shocked and saddened. I hope his passing was peaceful. My condolences to his family and loved ones. He will be missed.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2007 8:40:45 PM
Author: Shay37
I just want to add my condolences to those of my other PS family members. I was in shock when I read this. He will be truly missed.

I just want to add something if you will indulge me just a bit. It is a description of the New Jerusalem from the book of Revelation. I had to look it up to share it with you, and I think you will know why.

It''s found in Revelation 21. John is following the angel who is measuring the New Jerusalem.

There is a wall and it has foundations. The wall is of jasper and the city was pure gold like unto clear glass. The foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. And the twelve gates of the city were twelve pearls and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

I think our RockDoc will feel quite at home there.

shay
That is beautiful.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am sad we never got to actually meet face to face.
We had many sparring discussions when first we virtually met, but over the years we seemed to agree on most things, and I know he helped a myriad consumers find and learn to enjoy the finer aspects of the beauty of diamonds.

Diamonds and gems were his passion, and music too, so I guess we can say he had a life filled with beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results