carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 12:16:05 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
LOL!! Lisa, you are a baaaaad girl! I have no idea how the whole ''HCG getting out of the system'' thing works, but if it SHOULD be goen by today, then the test today could be a true BFP? Still, I would be cautious. Comparing the darkness of two lines on different tests is tricky business b/c apparently tests vary in how much dye they have etc etc, even two in the same pckage, so who knows? Cautious optimism may be in order, but you probably need to test again tomorrow and the next day to be sure. In about 3 - 4 more days the line will be DARK if you are really preggo.

Here''s hoping!

DD I knew you would be able to tease out the nuances!!!!

Trigger HCG 101 - HCG trigger is usually in 10,000 units dose given once (at 3:33 PM on 7/18) and then you O anytime from 36-48 post.

The half- life is 1,000 units per day so theoretically it should be gone by day 10.

However, there is enormous variabiility in metabolism, etc. between women and I was clear about 10 days last cycle so this is just masochism
in it''s best form here.

I''ll update later w/ another test.

I''m just accepting that I have no willpower whatsoever and completely embracing my self-indulgent peeing behavior w/o guilt or shame.

Stay tuned..................

Oh and the Okra has slimey little balls that pop in your mouth and coat it in what can only be described as thick, mucusy, goo....sound familiar all you FAM''ers??

EWWWW!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
um, lisa.....I see that line!!!!!!!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
I don''t want to get too ahead of myself...but that does look promising! GL. Pee soon. Pee often.
19.gif

Hi LovelyLulu and Ebree! Great to see you back here!

Also nice to see those jerkstores DD and Indy!
3.gif

HIL - if my guess is correct (based on previous cycles) then I''ll O on CD14 which is this Thursday. TMI ALERT - I feel like if we BD Tues night and then again Thurs morning before work, we should have our bases covered. thoughts anyone?

I feel like because the anticipation for this cycle has been building so long for me, and because I want it so bad, I''m scared that the ''tension'' of it all is going to jinx it for me! Can someone really jinx it? What can I do to relax and go with the flow - so that I don''t jinx it??!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa-that looks like a line to me.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, have you had a test with a negative reading since taking the HCG shot? ie. has there been a stick with no line after IUI since those three sticks all look like some version of faint line to me.

If not, then are you trying to read intensity differences on the lines of tests from different days? That is going to be a bit tricky. Who knows if they are even calibrated for that kind of thing - ie. they are designed to be read digitally (yes/no) not quantitatively and we don't know the sensitivity variance from stick to stick, and does anyone know if the color fades? (since the tests are taken on different days, you are comparing sticks of different ages.)

So presuming you haven't had a negative test since the HCG shot, you are looking for increasing color density over the next few days to indicate increasing hormone concentration from actual pregnancy? In which case my conservative self says the trend probably needs to be a little more convincing for a BFP declaration but it is enough for cautious optimism. Certainly decreasing color intensity would be
7.gif
. Good luck, please post more data in coming days!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mela, I jinx it all the time! Not like, jinxing an actual pregnancy attempt, but jinxing actually having sex since I get all "Planny" on DH.

I should be Oing right after you, on Friday or Saturday!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Amber and Mela- I should be sometime fri-sun. Last cycle I was waaay too plany, and DH kinda resisted... this month I''ve laid off all (ok, most) of the TTC talk and now he is the one asking if it is time
3.gif

Lulu- I admire your approach. Trying to stay focused on other things until the 2ww is a great way to keep TTC stress down! Maybe I''ll be able to do that someday, lol.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 2:21:05 PM
Author: cara
Lisa, have you had a test with a negative reading since taking the HCG shot? ie. has there been a stick with no line after IUI since those three sticks all look like some version of faint line to me.

If not, then are you trying to read intensity differences on the lines of tests from different days? That is going to be a bit tricky. Who knows if they are even calibrated for that kind of thing - ie. they are designed to be read digitally (yes/no) not quantitatively and we don't know the sensitivity variance from stick to stick, and does anyone know if the color fades? (since the tests are taken on different days, you are comparing sticks of different ages.)

So presuming you haven't had a negative test since the HCG shot, you are looking for increasing color density over the next few days to indicate increasing hormone concentration from actual pregnancy? In which case my conservative self says the trend probably needs to be a little more convincing for a BFP declaration but it is enough for cautious optimism. Certainly decreasing color intensity would be
7.gif
. Good luck, please post more data in coming days!
CARA - u r so right and I am so plebian. I never got a complete stark white as the Alaskan refuge white but I skipped Sunday when that could have happened.

I assumed since the Saturday was so faint it was pretty much gone and now today it's back and actuallu darker.....GAH!!!!!

See how there's nothing to do but wonder about such ridiculosities???

MELA - your f-tastic planning sounds spot on! And have a cocktail to relax don't worry u can't jinx anything your'e a woman!

AMBER - how much cookie dough did u actually ingest?

DD & INDY - always a pleasure to hear from u 2 now that you've graduated from here. INDY - MONO?MONO? or MONO/DI? I wasn't clear in the last post I read.

TIFFANY - sorry about dissing Okra......but Erika agreed w/ me
3.gif

HIL - In an effort to avoid thinking about TTC I always read up on whatever is obsessing me about it, make mental lists to ask the Dr.
and pee on as many sticks as I can - sorry obviously I am hopeless and of no use whatsoever in this dept.

ERICA - How goes it w/ u and that half-Korean bebe you got there? You know the fetus can taste whatever mommy has eaten in the amniotic fluid and tends to prefer these taste profiles after birth. Kimchee extravaganza.

LITTLE & EBREE - Hi.

LL - thanks for looking at my sticks.

And to anyone I missed go forth and procreate......

Lisa

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa, I made enough dough for 30 cookies and only made about 20 cookies. So far no salmonella. And I don''t regret it one bit!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Amber, oh yum, I love cookie dough so much. Apparently I can still eat commercially made cookie dough ice cream, but no more licking the spoon for me.
39.gif
Thanks for reminding me.

I need to make an index card of things I can no longer eat or drink, cover it in tape, and keep it in my wallet. I''m so terrible about remembering the list, and my husband gets really annoyed when I hesitate about a certain food and say, ''Um, maybe I''m not allowed to eat that.'' He''s one of those people who hates it when I say ''I can''t do this or that,'' because he feels that it''s more an issue of ''I do not want to do this or that.'' Ugh. Semantics!

Lisa, this is going to be a real kimchee baby. My husband was probably Korean in a past life, too, because I think he loves Korean food more than me (a nearly impossible feat). Everything I eat is doused in chili oil, Sriracha, or kochujang. Mmmm! When we got Indian the other day, I made sure to ask them to make it extra spicy. Apparently I lack a sophisticated palate, but who cares when your mouth is on fire?!?

Ahhh, ladies, I''ve lost count on who''s knitting, but I second Lisa: go make some babies! I don''t like being a jerkstore when there are so many ladies out there who are much more deserving of the title
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
OK, Lisa, I'm excited!!!!

Re the twins, they are most likely to be mono/di, because they each had their own yolk sac, but they still can't identify a membrane. They're going to have another go at finding it in a couple of weeks.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
INDY - How will having 2 chorionic sacks change things in terms of determination of identical twins or are there medical issues at stake if they are separate or in one big chorion?
Sorry if u already posted this in preggo thread.

The only reference pt. I have is when we did the amnio w/ Olivia.

We had to postpone from 16 wks to 18 wks. b/c the amnion/chorion was not attached to the uterus and would have made
getting a needle in there very difficult.

I have an US of it - a thin wispy bubble structure.

ERICA - Can I borrow ur DH. Mine can't stand the smell of kimchee!!!
My mom and I went to pick-up Korean food yest. and of course the car stunk and DH goes, "never again" yeah right like
he's married to a half-Korean who's mother is full-Korean and Olivia is 1/4 Korean - in ur face white boy!

He aired out the car for the better part of the day.

AMBER - I like cookie dough but not fond of cookie dough ice cream am I insane?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome, ladies!

Oooh, Lisa- that looks promising! Fingers crossed it gets darker and darker.

6 DPO. Tomorrow, at 7 DPO, I'll have my progesterone tested. Hopefully the levels are good, but if they aren't, it's an easy fix (or so I hope).

A pretty good match, no?
3.gif
I'm such a nerd. Damn you 2ww with no chance of a BFP!

pinktoesbag.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 9:16:07 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
INDY - How will having 2 chorionic sacks change things in terms of determination of identical twins or are there medical issues at stake if they are separate or in one big chorion?

OK, here goes! All fraternal twins have separate chorionic sacs and separate amniotic sacs. ABout 20-30% of identical twins have separate both kindsa sacs too (di/di)

70% or so of identical twins share a chorionic sac, but have separate amniotic sacs (mono/di). This comes along with a 20% risk of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome, which, without intervention, kills both babies. Basically, since they share a placenta and blood supply, one twin sometimes ends up taking all the blood. The twin without blood or nutrients dies of starvation while the other one dies of heart failure because it can''t handle all the extra blood. So, this is the main extra risk (and at 20%, it''s a big risk!) of mono/di twins. With intervention, they can save one twin about 85% of the time, and both twins about 60% of the time. In other words, the mortality risk is crazy high! Also, the risk of cerebral palsy and less serious mental disabilities is about 20% in surviving TTTS twins.

ABout 1% of identical twins are mono/mono. Because they share not only a chorionic sav but an amniotic sac, this is the most dangerous, with a death rate of about 50%. Basically, you''ve got two cords and two babies swimming around in them, and cord accidents are likely.

All that plus the usual twin related risks means it''s going to be a loooong pregnancy! We just have to hope we''re in the 75% of mono/di''s who do just fine!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Indy--
Thanks for the explanation.
I keep meaning to ask you to clarify in the preggo thread.
Was wondering why you were so antsy about what you had.

lili

Ideal_Rock
lisa--
it does look like a line to me.
good luck!

ebree--
hang in there.
a few more days and you can POAS
36.gif
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, looks like a line to me! How exciting!

Ebree, hang in there!

Lots of baby dust all of you ladies TTC!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you lili and snlee! Unfortunately, there's no chance I could be PG this cycle- we used condoms the whole month. I'm just waiting for AF (and then O) so we can start trying again! I'm not going to lie, I'm a little scared of the Clomid, but my doc is optimistic and so am I. :)

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 11:23:18 PM
Author: EBree
Thank you lili and snlee! Unfortunately, there''s no chance I could be PG this cycle- we used condoms the whole month. I''m just waiting for AF (and then O) so we can start trying again! I''m not going to lie, I''m a little scared of the Clomid, but my Doc is optimistic and so am I. :)

:) Oh, hehe....sorry didn''t read through all the posts.
Well, hope AF shows up soon then so you can start the new cycle
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I really hope that''s positive but I''d just be wary because you didn''t have a negative first. I''ve got my fingers crossed for you. I really hope that this is it.

EBree, I LOVE the wristlet and the toes!

IG, I had no idea that identical twins were that risky. I really hope that everything goes smoothly.

From yesterday evening, at 11 (or maybe 10) dpo:
36.gif

BlenBFP.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
bleheim - congratulations!!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Blenheim you JERKSTORE YOU!!!!!! Congratulations! Hurray!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Ebree, your toe/bag combo is adorable. Adorable!

Liiiisaaaaa, we know you POAS this AM... and? and?

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 7:37:45 AM
Author: Blenheim
Lisa, I really hope that''s positive but I''d just be wary because you didn''t have a negative first. I''ve got my fingers crossed for you. I really hope that this is it.

EBree, I LOVE the wristlet and the toes!

IG, I had no idea that identical twins were that risky. I really hope that everything goes smoothly.

From yesterday evening, at 11 (or maybe 10) dpo:
36.gif
Congratulations!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Blem!!! How exciting!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS BLENHEIM!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
That''s awesome news!!!!
9.gif

Sorry I''ve been MIA girls...I''m super busy at work this week so, just doing a drive by for now...I''m still knitting away and will not POAS until the end of the week if I still haven''t gotten my AF. Since I was away on my European adventure and didn''t temp or chart, the only thing I know is that I''m on CD 28. Soooo since my cycle could be wonky, I don''t want to stress myself out about it.

Best of luck to Lisa...I''m rooting for you and your follies!!!
5.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Blen!!! That is WONDERFUL, you jerkstore you!!!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
BTW - Blenheim - did you have any symptoms which made you suspect you were preggers??? Always curious about this....

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 1:07:02 AM
Author: TravelingGal
BB, a belated welcome back. *sigh* Loved looking at your pic of Dubrovnik...such an awesome city.

To the rest of the TTCers, just wanted to stop by and say hi. I try to lurk from time to time. I''d lurk more, but honestly, half of what you guys are saying is greek to me! But I have my fingers and toes crossed for you all and can''t wait to see some of my favorite PSers over on the mommy thread. Have faith...I''ll see you there.
1.gif
Oh, I almost forgot to respond to this. T-Gal (if you''re lurking out there)...I will post some more pics when I find the time. Croatia is simply STUNNING!
6.gif
5.gif
I''m so proud to say my husband is from such a wonderful country. Anyway, thanks for stopping by to say hello...sometimes we need someone from the mommy thread to come over here and smack some sense into us once in a while!
3.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Blenheim woooooo hooooo!!!! Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you, you must be bouncing of the walls with excitement! I wish I had a smiley doing back flips, cuz that''s what I would insert (here).

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
wooooooo hoooooooo!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

blen, so many congratulations to you and your husband!!! how exciting!!!! from reading these threads i''m thinking that maybe the trick for inducing labor is baking and the trick for getting a BFP is buying a stroller
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results