shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Missy, my only real symptom was acne so I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Could be a good sign! I got my BFP at either 12 or 14 DPO depending on how my chart is interpreted.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1314844680|3007028 said:
Thanks so much, Lizzy, JGator, Indecisive, Missy and CS! DH is due home in the next hour... I am full of nervousness and jitters!

Can you post a photo of his reaction??!! :bigsmile:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

PPM, congratulations!! Fantastic!!!! Nervous comes with the occasion, but don't forget to enjoy it!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

Holy cow, congrats PPM! Awww, your romantic night of officially trying worked out! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PPM OMG, yay! Congrats. How long were you officially trying? So happy for you.

I went to the local Borders yesterday to see if there was anything good left, now that everything is 50-70% off. Ended up finding some random book on pregnancy. Well, pre-pregnancy to actually caring for a baby. It has tons of pictures which is nice. Lots of good info on everything. There are some typos which I find to be really annoying...but it was $3. It felt weird buying a pregnancy book.

Oh, and I got the pattern for the giraffe beanie. I think the seller and I have different interpretations of "beginner." I'm smart though, I can figure it out.

BTW, when I was trying to find the name of the book on Amazon I came across this- http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-Womb-Dilly-Barlow/dp/B000E8JNT2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1314892820&sr=8-3

Anyone ever seen it? It looks really cool.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats PPM! :appl: I've ramped up my lurking, impatient to see how you told him and how it's going! Amc, I think this might have been their first month of actively trying, but don't quote me on it!

ETA: That does look interesting. I wonder if I could get my DH to watch it when we do start TTC. :lol:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1314893345|3007461 said:
PPM OMG, yay! Congrats. How long were you officially trying? So happy for you.

I went to the local Borders yesterday to see if there was anything good left, now that everything is 50-70% off. Ended up finding some random book on pregnancy. Well, pre-pregnancy to actually caring for a baby. It has tons of pictures which is nice. Lots of good info on everything. There are some typos which I find to be really annoying...but it was $3. It felt weird buying a pregnancy book.

Oh, and I got the pattern for the giraffe beanie. I think the seller and I have different interpretations of "beginner." I'm smart though, I can figure it out.

BTW, when I was trying to find the name of the book on Amazon I came across this- http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-Womb-Dilly-Barlow/dp/B000E8JNT2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1314892820&sr=8-3

Anyone ever seen it? It looks really cool.

It really bugs me when I see typos in books. I mean really...how many people read it before it's printed???

Never seen that AMC, but it sounds really interesting. I'd like to watch it for sure!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Missy0483|1314895667|3007488 said:
It really bugs me when I see typos in books. I mean really...how many people read it before it's printed???

I know, right? I always think about the number of people who proofread a book before it gets published. For example, there's an example of a BBT chart in there. But the vertical axis labels are switched, so it says 97 degrees at the top of the chart and 99 degrees at the bottome. Really?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

YAY PPM! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
I had a sneaky suspicion but didn't want to jinx it. ;)) So excited for you my dear!!!!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Quick drive by post to say Congrats ppm!! So excited for you!! :appl: I laughed so hard at the image I'd you in the girls' bathroom taking your test.

Now all of the ttc ladies are going to make their dh's take them out for a romantic ttc night on the town. I see it coming. :naughty:

Afm, feeling better & enjoying my vacay. I'm thinking of you all
& will post in depth once I get better internet access. (we were chased away from our special Internet bench last night. :o )

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Missy, random acne was one of the symptoms that FF flagged for me too! That, and 2 straight days of gas. :oops: Hope AF stays away this weekend, so you can celebrate something in addition to the start of college football!

amc, congrats on making your first baby-related purchase! The typos would annoy me too. But you can't beat 3 bucks! Can't wait to see your giraffe beanie!

BrightSpot, :lol: about your special internet bench! Hope you're still enjoying your vacation!

Lizzy, 2 more days! Fingers and toes crossed for your BFP! I feel like my baby's hand and feet nubs are also crossed for you too!

PPM, how are you feeling today?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

CONGRATS PPM!!!!!!! When you posted about your abruptly ended bleeding I definitely filed it under "things that make you go 'hmm...'" Can't wait for you to come back and tell us about your DH's reaction!

I'm with BrightSpot. I think a fun night out on the town all dressed up is in order for when DH and I start TTC.

BS- Glad you are feeling better after the test!

Lizzy- TWO DAYS!!

Missy- Enjoy the start of college football and I really hope you get your BFP soon! Sorry the OPKs continue to frustrate you.

amc- I felt weird/excited when I bought my TCOYF copy. Even more weird reading it to DH in the car. That book sounds like a steal! Are all Borders going out of business? I should check to see what is near me in the Bay Area. Your turn to cannonball into the deep end of the TTC pool is rapidly approaching!

MM, CS, and Sugarpie- How are ya?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek|1314984232|3008398 said:
amc- I felt weird/excited when I bought my TCOYF copy. Even more weird reading it to DH in the car. That book sounds like a steal! Are all Borders going out of business? I should check to see what is near me in the Bay Area. Your turn to cannonball into the deep end of the TTC pool is rapidly approaching!

Yep, all of them!

I was reading the book last night while the fiance was watching something boring on tv. Then I got to the part about the importance of perineal massage. I started laughing since it was a bit graphic...and it sounded more like "how to have some fun with yourself." I read it to him and at the end he asked what a perineum was. Um, your taint. Ha. Totally felt like that scene from Baby Mama. "I think she wants me to rub olive oil on your taint." Graphic.

Oh, and I had a dream last night that I was preggo and we went to the doctor to get an U/S. And there were three, yes THREE, babies in there. Yikes.

Speaking of TCOYF, I am letting a friend/coworker borrow mine. I walked to her cube yesterday (my facility is huge, so it was like a 1/4 mile walk) and it was a bit awkward carrying the book. Hopefully it's helpful though.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

S&I|1314979359|3008323 said:
Missy, random acne was one of the symptoms that FF flagged for me too! That, and 2 straight days of gas. :oops: Hope AF stays away this weekend, so you can celebrate something in addition to the start of college football!
Thanks S&I and Jgator now I'm really obsessing about this!! Still slightly crampy on and off but it doesn't exactly feel like AF cramps. Been checking my CM internally and no slightly pink tinge yet like I had last cycle. My acne mostly dried up but I had it on both cheeks and I'm really pale skinned so it was like HELLO RED SPOTS! I'm potentially 10DPO (last month LP was 10) so I've tested with my stupid skinny Wondfo HPTs that I'm convinced are terrible and do not work, because the OPKs were bad too! Kinda upset that I don't have any Wide Wondfo HPTs to test with. Now I officially have to wait it out for a little bit since my house is now empty of HPTs :tongue: Waiting for more "real" symptoms so I can justify buying more HPTs at the store! Okay enough obsessing for the moment.

Today is College Colors Day...did anyone participate? I have on my University of Michigan football t-shirt :bigsmile:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Missy0483|1314985949|3008421 said:
S&I|1314979359|3008323 said:
Thanks S&I and Jgator now I'm really obsessing about this!! Still slightly crampy on and off but it doesn't exactly feel like AF cramps. Been checking my CM internally and no slightly pink tinge yet like I had last cycle. My acne mostly dried up but I had it on both cheeks and I'm really pale skinned so it was like HELLO RED SPOTS! I'm potentially 10DPO (last month LP was 10) so I've tested with my stupid skinny Wondfo HPTs that I'm convinced are terrible and do not work, because the OPKs were bad too! Kinda upset that I don't have any Wide Wondfo HPTs to test with. Now I officially have to wait it out for a little bit since my house is now empty of HPTs :tongue: Waiting for more "real" symptoms so I can justify buying more HPTs at the store! Okay enough obsessing for the moment.

Today is College Colors Day...did anyone participate? I have on my University of Michigan football t-shirt :bigsmile:

My previous LP was 10 days too, and I got a BFN at 10DPO. I was so shocked by that BFN, that I didn't even bother testing at 11DPO, even though my temp was still high. So you're definitely still in it! I have a feeling this is going to be a great weekend for you! Oh, and the FRER tests gave me a much darker line the afternoon of 12DPO than my Wondfo HCG stick, even without FMU. I didn't try the CBE digital test until 14DPO.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Oh I hope so S&I!!! I hope all this isn't for wondering/excitiement isn't for nothing or I will feel like a big dummy haha. Since I'm not temping I only have a general idea that I'm 10DPO. Still not feeling like AF is coming yet. It's been coming around lunch time the last few cycles and I'm past that. I go from "Omg I just might be pregnant" to "Omg what am I thinking, AF is gonna prove me wrong". That's good to know about the FRERs because that's what I will be buying if I need to. So the remaining days this week shall be interesting! I'll keep everyone posted! Rally cap on :saint: and I'm wearing it sideways for good luck! ;))

Where are my remaining 2WWers I need someone to be crazy with me!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Missy, your symptoms are encouraging. I got a BFN at either 10 or 12 DPO and got the BFP at 12 or 14 DPO. I had and still have slight/mild cramp/pressure feelings - not like AF. I did wear my colors today without even knowing it was College Colors day. Go Gators!!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Well this is slightly bittersweet. I don't think I am pregnant, I think I'm just gearing up to try to O again, maybe!?! I've been trying OPKs the last few days and yesterdays and todays have gotten darker. Plus while checking CM, it feels more soft and open. Ugh. Check back later...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Fingers crossed for a sticky bean PPM! Congrats!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Hey, all!

AMC: Oh goodness is that giraffe beanie ADORABLE. That is one awesome way to pass the (very short) time until TTC-dom. I want one of those!!! Ugh, too cute! Nice Borders find, even if it’s full of errors. I think the editor should lose his/her job, though. As soon as I read the word perineal message, my mind went straight to Baby Mama! "Can we just spray some Pam down there?"

Bright: Hope vaycay went (is going?) well! How long are you away for? No matter the answer, I hope you don’t see this until you are back home. Enjoy this getaway with your hubby!

Missy: Okay. I’m not trying to get your hopes up… but your symptoms DO sound extremely encouraging. I have a 9 day LP but did not get a BFP until 12 dpo… and then it was LIGHT. I also had spotting, enough to convince me to use a light tampon one day. I was using OPKs and they continued to get darker than normal, which is what will happen if you are PG. Right now all my OPKs register as “positive.” I don’t think I’m great at reading my cervical firmness, but it always seems softer in the middle of the day…. so if yours is not hard as a rock, do not fret. I’m holding on to hope for you!

Freke, Tammy, S&I, LC, CS, JGator thanks for the congrats!

How is everyone else??? Sugar, Steph, Lizzy, CS, Indecisive, HOT and all others. I am anxious to hear some updates. I am thinking of you all

AFM: Thanks for congrats and well-wishes! I am still crampy and spotting (brown-tinged CM, minimal on underwear, but see it 90% of the time on TP), but the midwife I talked to yesterday blew me off. I get that cramps/spotting are “normal” to some extent, but this is day 5 of spotting and I don’t think it’s too much to ask to check my hCG levels to see if they’re doubling appropriately. She said if my cramps are like period cramps (they are) or the bleeding turns red (hasn’t…), go to the ER. Thanks, lady. It slows down when I'm resting (read: vegging on the couch) and picks up when I'm teaching... but my job involves running around a classroom for 8 hours.

DH was super, duper excited. I tied blue and pink ribbons on our dog’s collar with a little note that said, “I’m a big sister!” Cheesy? Yes… but our pup is our “fur-baby.” She wandered out into the kitchen in the middle of dinner and DH froze. He kept asking, “What is this? What is this?” but he knew the moment he saw the ribbons. I wish I had it on film! The best part is that I tricked him the moment he walked through the door... I gave him a card that read, "I love you and have some big news that is going to change our lives for the better..." Inside was the pay stub from my first paycheck for this school year :lol: He totally thought it was a pregnancy announcement. Once he came down off of that adrenaline rush he was 100% unsuspecting, especially b/c I popped a bottle of champagne in celebration of our enhanced income (I didn't drink any ;)) ) Needless to say, he nearly fell out of his chair when our dog waltzed in the room adorned with ribbons!

This is my chart for those who are curious... I had a major temp drop and it still hasn't fully recovered back to the tri-phasic level. I'm going to continue temping until the spotting subsides.

FF15dpo.png

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

Aww PPM! I love the way you told your hubby! So sweet. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Nothing new on my end. CD8 and still a low reading on the CBEFM. Waiting a few more days before getting into full baby making mode :naughty:

I would write more but I'm using my new iPad (still figuring out how to use this thing). It's tough typing!

Hope everyone is doing well and will check back later! :wavey:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Missy, I wasn't going to say anything, but since PPM started it :naughty:, I'll go ahead and chime in too. If you are PG, then your OPKs will look like you're about to O. I tested on my Wondfo LH strips out of curiosity too. The test lines on the LH strips will be a LOT darker than the test line on the HCG strips. Have you gotten the FRER tests yet? Fingers crossed for you!

PPM, sorry your midwife wasn't being any help, but it is a good sign that your brown spotting hasn't gotten any worse. Lots of sticky dust to you! Cute way to tell your DH using your fur-baby! We've been telling ours that she needs to set a good example as a big sister and keep her toys tidy and in her apartment (she has a huge sectioned off area that includes her crate and two blankets in the office). So far, she hasn't been doing anything differently - her toys are still all over the living room. :lol:

sugarpie, have fun with your new iPad! You'll get used to the typing quickly.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

PPM - what a cute way to tell DH!!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

I had a feeling one of you would mention dark OPKs could mean I am PG :tongue: I had the same feeling in the back of my head, but the softness of my cervix is throwing me off! I tried another OPK just a few minutes ago, but it's not as dark because my pee seemed diluted grrrr! I haven't bought a FRER yet because I keep trying to talk myself out of all my crazy thoughts haha!

Well time for the football game to start and I don't have any news for DH yet! Oh well, I'll keep on waiting this out!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Missy, take a HPT lady!!!

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA. This tww has been so long and hard on me that I needed to take my mind off of all things TTC so I've been staying busy. I'll be testing tomorrow morning and will keep you all posted. It is a hard cycle to read into any symptoms because I was on Clomid/HCG trigger/prometrium. All of which have side effects similar to being pregnant, so I'm trying to stay calm and positive.

Hope you are all doing well!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

I honestly can't believe it! BFP! I have very mild symptoms - bloating, cramps, veins, bb's only slightly sore when I press on them. I am trying not to get too excited due to my past history, but I am hopeful. By the end of the week I'll know how things are going. I'm hoping to find a lab to get a beta drawn tomorrow, then one later in the week. Ladies, I hope this is a sticky one!

IMG_9_3.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

YAAAAAAAYYYY Lizzy!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: So excited for you! Crossing everything that this is a sticky one! Did you take your test with DH or do you still have to tell him?

Well I think I have to take a real test next! Off to the store here soon. Not feeling too optimistic, all my symptoms went out the door! Guess I'll find out!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

LIZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

So, so, SO much sticky dust outgoing to you, friend!!!!! Everything possible is crossed. Hooray! :appl: :appl: :appl:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy! Checked in specifically to see if you had news and I couldn't be happier for you! Dust headed your way that you've got a sticky bean (or two) in there! Praying this it for you.

Missy, hope to hear similar news from you soon! I think a soft cervix is actually a good sign!

Thinking of you other ladies! I'll check in again after my appointment next week and thanks for all of your kind words.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, BFP! Alright!!! Sending you so much sticky dust for this one! Hugs and dust for you!!!

Monkey, let us know how your appt goes. Hopefully you'll get some answers and a doctor that will to listen to you.

~LC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results