shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Charbie :appl: :appl: :appl: So excited for you!!! Congratulations on a much deserved BFP. Sending TRUCKLOADS of sticky dust. Come join us on the JBP thread when you are ready.

Lots of luck to all of you ladies for lots of BFP's in 2011!!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Thank you modern, pp, bliss, dreamer, and HOU!
Im excited to join all of you pretty preggos :)
And HOU, ill be glad to collect any spare sticky dust Ellie doesnt need anymore! What a great little sharer she is, even from the womb. That seriously made me tear up when I read that. Thank you.

Lizzy: another wife of one of DHs friends (he's 2.5 yrs older, so more friends with babies) tried for 18 months to get pregnant. She finally lost 50 lbs and got pregnant. She told me she had to find out what she was having bc she needed to prepare herself if she had a boy. She said she was going to be devastated, and didn't want to be upset in L&D if she had a boy. Of course, had their scan, and she had a boy. She said she cried she was so upset. Her tune has changed completely by now, and she loves her little man to death and says she would have all boys and not give another thought to it, but I couldn't believe that after so long just trying for a baby that you'd be so concerned over the sex! For me there are pros and cons to both boys and girls...haha! Girl stuff is sooooooooo cute tho :D

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Hey friends! Hope you all had a fantastic new year!!

Charbie, I agree with you that as long as he/she is a healthy baby, I think the sex is not as important.

Fab, glad the gurus here could give you some insight on the low temps.

Question for folks. So I bought a the BD brand BBT on Amazon. Dude, it looks just like a regular thermometer except it's pink and beeps. Maybe I was expecting something else. I dunno I thought I'd at least get an extra decimal place...

So since I got the BBT, I'm roughly starting to temp. So far I've just been able to remember to stick the BBT in my mouth when I first wake in the AM...

RRose

Rough_Rock

Happy New Year to everyone!!

Big Congrats to Charbie, that is such exciting news for the new year!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! :appl: :appl: :appl:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry I am late to the party, but I wanted to say, Charbie, OMG, how exciting about your BFP. YIPEE! :bigsmile:

I wish you a very sticky bean and am so happy for you and your DH! I look forward to seeing you in the JBP thread!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock

I am late to the party as well but congratulations Charbie! I am so excited for you. TONS of sticky dust!

Thank you everyone for the congrats. I am still shocked and every time I read a wonderful comment one of you have left me, I start to well up with tears. I am so excited but in such disbelief at this time.

I wish everyone the BEST OF LUCK with trying and for those of you who have got your BFP, I truly wish you the best in your pregnancy. I am so thankful for the amazing people on this board and all the kind words everyone has to offer. You are all amazing and deserve the very best of EVERYTHING.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats Charbie!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Hi there! Hope everyone had a great New Years! We are still sick over here but today it seems like we are finally feeling a little better.

Blen, I totally hear you on being more relaxed, and having more of the "go with the flow" attitude for baby #2. I think it is because we know what to expect and we know things don't always happen according to our plans. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 8dpo is very exciting. When will you test?

Charbie, I can't believe your friends reaction to a baby boy after trying for so long. Here's my thing...I think it is totally acceptable and normal to secretly hope for a boy or a girl. Totally fine. My problem is when you become truly distraught and upset that you are not having what you wanted. I just think that is terrible. There is a baby growing in your belly, you should be ecstatic you know? When my friend told me that she was upset she was having a boy, she actually said that she had to get off the phone because she was so upset about it. Whereas when I found out I was having a boy, I cried tears of JOY just to know what I was having and that my u/s showed that he was healthy. But I had a bumpy road, she didn't. You know? I'm glad she didn't have a bumpy road but that really bothered me on so many levels. Another one of my friends wanted a boy and had a girl instead. Do you know that the father would constantly mope and say things to me like "you are so lucky to have a boy, we weren't so lucky" in front of his pregnant wife. I was SO ANNOYED!!!! Charbie, enjoy your time with your growing belly. It goes by so quickly. Take pics and keep a journal. I love having that to look back on and show my little guy one day!!!

Fabcrab, I am sorry that I can offer no advice on temperature tracking. I didn't do that the first time around, just the OPK's. The OPK"s worked well for me so I never bothered going that extra step. Keep us posted on your progress with it.

As for me, my AF should be ending within the next day or so, then I will start the OPK's.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Ok, I totally had to share. We went to Target today to pick up some 75% off Christmas stuff, mostly gift bags and wrapping paper and the like.

DH pointed out an adorable "Baby's First Christmas" Pooh Bear stocking and said we should get it. So we did!!! It's the first thing we've purchased for the child we'll have someday, and it wasn't even MY idea. :bigsmile:

I worry sometimes that he's not super excited about TTC, but I think in his own way, he is. I know it's not as real for the dudes until it actually happens, and even then sometimes not til the baby is actually born, but I still get a little disappointed. But things like this make me realize that he does want babies too, he's just not gonna be all womanly about it. Hah!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies :) im not quite ready to move out yet....!

Thank you Tiffany, dc, iha, and rrose! I appreciate it so much....all these words of encouragement are so comforting.

Katy: my DH is similar. I think he may be a bit jaded since I have had a m/c and he doesn't want to get attached and let down, but I embrace the little times he gets excited.
LC....my BBT had 2 decimal places. I think its important for seeing the minute chances that occur.
Lizzy: what is WRONG with some people???? Id kick my husband where it hurts if he ever made a comment like that. I expected him to be a bit more" anxious" to have a boy, but today he told me all about playing with our friends 20 mo old daughter today. :love: and I know that if we had a girl she would have him turned to mush in about 2.5 seconds.
Fab: mind sharing what it is about the CM that confuses you? That was my #1 way of deciding if I was in my fertile window.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy - Oh lordy. I can't believe the things people say sometimes! DH's family was excited when George was a boy as they don't want the last name to die out (can I roll my eyes?) but I know that they wouldn't have said anything bad if he was a girl.

Fab - Have you gotten all the way through a cycle charting, off bcp? It was a little confusing until I actually got some EWCM, and then it was like, "Oh THAT's what it's talking about."

Katy - Aww, men sometimes have weird ways of showing that they are excited about things like this. The stocking sounds really sweet.

AFM - 10 dpo with some light cramping and no other signs. Post-George, my typical luteal phase is 12 days, and so AFF would be expected on 13 dpo. Hmm. I was going to hold out for a while before starting to pee on anything, but those Wondfos are so cheap.... I haven't decided what I want to do yet. I got a BFP at 10 dpo last time and at 11 dpo with George, evening both times without really trying to do much to get the urine more concentrated. I am tempted to just go for it now. I did not, however, order the early testing Wondfos (oops), and while there are reviews that said that they got positives with a beta of 20, I am not convinced that those people knew which Wondfo tests they were reviewing. They could, like me, have gotten confused between the regular ones and the early ones. I am rambling. I will stop now. 8)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Katy, AWWWW What a cute story about your hubs!!! He sounds like a softy (in a good way). ::)

Charbie, BUMMER! Now I feel I got the wrong thermometer. I think some of the other ladies on this thread use the BD BBT. Can any of you comment? NEL? Blen?

Also I'm going to start on FF for charting. I just wish it had an Android app... ::)

Lizzy, OMG about that guy saying he was "unlucky" for not having a boy. I'd be major pissed!

Blen... Hm, do you think you can hold out on testing? Maybe give it a shot and if you get nothing then test again later? They are cheap. I also got the regular ones too, so I'm going to also try to hold out until actual expected AF date. But again I'm not even sure when my AF will be coming...

Oh, and TCOYF is ready for pick up at my local library for me. I'm going to grab the copy this week. Any other fertility/pregnancy books you ladies recommend or heard recommendations for?

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Blen....mine were the cheapies and I got a faint+ on 10-11 dpo and did not have the extra sensitive ones....just the regular pink ones.

LC: android has an app called My Honey Days (cheeeeeeesy) that has temp charting. Its free.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

LC - I picked up my BB thermometer at.... um... thinking back to 2007... the drug store? Meijers? Something like that? It does have two decimal places. Fertility friend also has charting info on their website.

I have the self-control of a gnat. DH and I have deemed this one a "maybe". I secretly think it's an early positive but don't want to get my hopes up. He thinks that testing tomorrow isn't going to give me anything significantly darker and wants me to wait until Tuesday, as he is heading out of town that day and wants good news before he goes. However, I have 24 more tests and don't see a problem with testing daily...

My PCP was happy enough with the way that my betas were going downward that we never actually confirmed that they dropped to 0, although they should have if I did indeed ovulate, and so if I get a definite yes then I am going to ask her or my midwives for betas to make sure that they are doubling. My insurance changed yesterday, and so my midwives are now covered!

Blen10dpo.JPG

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Eeeeeeee Blen!!!!!!!!! I am so hopeful for you!!!!!!!!

And I'm giggling at the "self-control of a gnat" bit. Teehee.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Blen, keeping my fingers crossed for you. :) I also don't see a problem with testing everyday... I guess we're not very helpful in the self-control department... :rolleyes:

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Ooooooooo, Blen! Im gonna go with a probably on that one! Knowing these tests and what they look like IRL, I bet you can see more of a line in person. Mine still aren't glowing positives at 14dpo....bc yes, im still testing with the wondfos daily ;-)

Can't waiti for confirmation!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Ohhhh Blen, there's definitely a line there!!! I'm putting my chips on the "early positive" side!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Can't wait to see future tests....I'm with you, I don't see any problem with testing at least daily if you've got the supplies!! :naughty: hehe!! I'm so hopeful for you!! :bigsmile:

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Hello ladies! I'm just getting caught back up after a long weekend. First, congratulations to Charbie!!! So excited for you! Second, blen, I'm pretty sure I see a second line (posting from my iPhone)...crossing my fingers and toes for you!

Lliang_chi, I ended up getting a BBT from CVS and it has two decimal places, but I'm not very happy with it. It seems to have some pre-set affinity for 97.70, and I had recorded that as my temp a couple times before I realized what it was doing. Two or three times, I've had to temp again because the reading seemed weird, and got more normal temps the second time. I think I'm going to order the BD one for my next cycle and keep this one just in case the new one breaks or the battery runs out. The BD one is "approved" by the author of TCOYF so I don't think there's a problem with having one decimal rather than two. Less confusion and stress that way, and if the two-decimal thermometer isn't very accurate, it's not doing much good anyway, right?

For those who have charted before, did you have a learning curve? I feel like I've made a real mess of my first chart. Temps are all over the place, I haven't gotten the hang of checking CM, and was sick with an awful cold over the weekend -- at this point, I think I just need to wait for AF so I can start fresh! Please reassure me that I'll get the hang of it eventually...

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Blen- I'm calling that an early BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's how my BFP looked when I got my first positive! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!! I tested daily until I ran out of wondfos (yesterday)!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Blen, I'm super excited for your "early positive"!! I do see a faint line on my monitor, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it becomes more pronounced over the next couple of days!!! What a fantastic way to start the new year!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock

Charbie.. Yay :appl: :appl: so thrilled for you. Lots and lots of sticky dust your way.

Blen.. Looks promising to me :bigsmile: hoping george has a little sibling on the way.

And to all of the new ttcers... Welcome to the wild and crazy wonderful ride. My baby is only a month old and I already have ttc #2 on the brain. Yikes! I never thought I would be that person at all. But it will be a couple years before we start on the next so I will be sitting tight and lurking and living vicariously for a good while :tongue:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Charbie--big congrats!!!! What an exciting New Years! Try to relax...I know that's hard, esp in your situation. Sticky dust!!!

Iha--I'm super late on this one but congrats to you too!!! (smiley clappy hands would go here but I'm on my phone!)

blen--that looks like a line!!!!!!!!! I'll just say congrats bc we all know that it is!

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

Blen, I see something there! Test again, test again!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Blen, that looks like a BFP to me sister!!!!

RRose

Rough_Rock

Blen- Congratulations!!! And thank you so so much for posting that picture of your stick...If you hadn't done that I would've been testing all wrong forever! I didn't dip the stick deep enough and it never traveled up the entire stick to get to the control line so my OPK sticks were all invalid this past month. OOPS! I can;t believe what a big dummy I am! I was trying to be so careful and not let it go past the MAX line that I was taking it out after 1 second and it never actually read my pee. So a HUGE thank you to you, and of course I definitely see BOTH lines now!!! THis is so exciting for you!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

So, I took another test this morning, with second morning urine which some people say is the best, and there was a definite, darker line. Still faint, but not a squinter. Eeek! I spoke with the midwife on call and she thinks that it is unlikely that it would be hcg from the last pregnancy as typically women don't start to show ovulation signs before the hcg's out of their bodies, and says that although the urine tests aren't quantitative it's also a good sign that it's gotten darker from yesterday, but betas are the only way to know for sure. If they double, then we know! I took one today, will take another Wednesday, and then will get the results on Friday. This is the longest I have ever had to wait for definite results one way or the other for this kind of thing. Ack. And even though darkening lines says nothing officially, I am going to continue to test daily just to see what happens.

I will have pictures later, but am at my in-laws right now and then will need to get the boy to bed when I get home. But before bed tonight!

THANK YOU for all of the good wishes. I am so hopeful right now.

RRose - glad I could help! I think that the max line is to prevent people from getting overly enthusiastic and cramming the whole test (or close to it) down in the cup. My instructions said 3 seconds and I just made sure that the urine didn't go above the max line during those three seconds.

Octavia - I think I had about a 2-cycle learning curve. There's a reason why TCOYF recommends using a barrier method or something for the first couple of cycles if you are using charting to avoid - it takes some time and experience to really get the hang of it!

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock

Hi TTCers,
Got room for another? I've been lurking around the pool for a while and I think I'm ready to jump in. MH and I decided on Christmas that we're ready to go for it! I haven't been charting but have been using OPKs and keeping an eye on CM for the past 5 months or so and I am expecting a positive tonight. This is our first month actually trying...feels crazy after being together for 10 years.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I've mainly been a PS lurker- since before we were engaged. I am not talking ttc with anyone IRL, and thought it would be nice to be able to openly gab about it with some fabulous ladies who are in the same boat.
:wavey:

RRose

Rough_Rock

Welcome Laura!! I just joined as well, in the almost TTC situation myself. My husband and I have been together for 9 years this X-mas and married 2.5 years so I know what you mean about now making this big decision after all this time! You must know your body pretty well since you've been keeping track for 5 months, and I so wish I was already in your shoes! I've been lurking for a while too and it's so nice to actually be able to say exactly what's going on b/c I also have not told anyone that we are on the brink of TTC.

Anyway, welcome and best of luck TTC this month!! :wavey: :wavey:

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

LauraLoo - welcome! Have fun tonight, heehee. I hope that your stay here is short!

Oh, the difference that concentrated urine and/or an extra 8 hours makes. Still faint, but that's what I would expect this early. My fingers are crossed that this is an actual baby (and not residual hcg) that sticks!

Blen11dpo.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results