carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Dust to you gorgeous ladies!

Just popped in since we're talking about Wondfos - make sure you get the early detection strips. They are different and more sensitive than the regular Wondfo pregnancy strips.

The early detection ones look like this and are marked as such.
http://www.amazon.com/Early-Detecti...ef=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1293584781&sr=1-3

They work better than the beloved FRERs!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock

Hey everyone!!!! I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

InHisArms- Congrats!!!! Woo!! Sticky bean dusts to you.

As for me, I had some bloodwork done yesterday and it turns out that Femara WORKED!!!! I am not getting my hopes up with the BFP because I don't think we BD'ed enough due to all the Xmas madness and DH's job is the busiest this time of the year!! AHHH! It turned out that I missed the LH surge because I was testing around 5 pm as opposed to 11 am. Well Christmas evening I actually felt some irritating pain on my right abdomen so I wonder if that's the egg knocking which makes it CD19 ovulation. Do you think CD19 is too late for a successful pregnancy? I just wanted to stop for a little bit for a little update. Man, I am lucky enough though that I work at a place where bloodwork is completely free which is a consolation I guess when you're going through infertility.

Wishing everyone a great New Year and here's to hoping for 2011 babies!

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock

I just wanted to pop in over here to say :appl: fabcrab for Oing!! I O'ed late when I was on the Clomid and ended up with a BFP so Oing on CD19 can result in a pregnancy! Hopefully you guys caught the egg!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Ladies, still on break here and my brother's place doesn't have internet.

BUT wanted to wish inh a big congratulations! :appl:

Fab hooray for the O!

Charlie, sorry about hubby's strike out on the presents. But I'm sure he'll make it up to you. Hope you're feeling okay, and I'm sending baby dust to you. *dust, dust, dust*

I know I'm missing everyone else, but my phone won't scroll down. I'm flying back tonight and will check in.

hello to blen, rose, scarlet, nel, and shrine else I'm missing.

And for me, Christmas had ups and downs. I dunno guess hubby and I still need to work on the whole visiting family thing. Our more visiting MY family. Looking forward to going home. And of course aunts asking about babies. I stayed cheeky and told them to tell my brother. Next time I'm going with the classic "none of your damn business" response. That'll shut them up, even if my mom would be mortified.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Okay I came back to wish new england lady good luck on her interviews.

Also to welcome making the grade. I cannot believe you're do patient. That is not one of my strong suits.

Also lizzy, thanks for explaining how your office worked for pregnancy visits. I guess it makes sense. But did you get the feeling that no one person knew everything about your pregnancy? And what if your had a complicated pregnancy? Would they still work on rotation?

Blen, I know you have a ds is this how your prior pregnancy went?

I have an appt in late feb to meet with the ob. I need to meet with my doc the same ish time for my annual too.

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Iha: sorry I missed you! Congrats! How exciting!
Fab: yay for o! Even tho I o every month (at least I think I do) I still get anxious and excited about it. I wonder if the eggie is good to go for getting attacked by them sperm. If it doesn't work this month, I am glad at least you've figured out the formula that works for you!
MTG: sorry the with AF showed up :( sounds like you may return to the states at the perfect time for some reunion baby making tho!
LC: we have trouble seeing all the fam as well, I think once I have kids I wont feel like a travelling show pony and can have an excuse for people to come to wear we are all the time :) and yes, DH should be making up for the gifts. We wiill both be getting word on our quarterly bonus' soon, and depending on how we both did, a new DSLR camera is coming my way! :appl:

Sorry I couldn't respond to everyone...busy work day.
AFM: So I ALMOST tested this morning. I psyched myself up, told DH I was going to, then wussed out. I just dread seeing a negative, im not ready for it. So ill wait until Friday, when we both are off, and test in the am. Last night was cute...DH is getting down with the lingo and said before bed, "can you POAS before we go to sleep?" And I said, "no, honey, this early and at night nothing would probably show up." And he was like, "oh, do you have to use your first pee in the morning?" And I said, "well, that's the best pee to use.just feeling really bloated. It could be from impending AF (due in 6 days) or the unmentionable other reason.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

LC, with regards to the ob/gyn....Do you go to a different doctor for your annual exams? Is that why you need to find a new doctor that handles pregnancy etc? I would ask your friends or family who they have used and get some recommendations. See I have been going to my ob/gyn for 17 years! I started going to my Dr. when I was 14 because I had irregular periods. But my Dr and his office handles both annual exams and pregnancy, labor and delivery, and fertility issues. So I did feel very confident in my Dr. and my practice because I had been going there for so long even prior to getting pregnant. I met with all of the doctors multiple times and we all had plenty of time to get to know each other along the way. First you start off going every month or so once you are pregnant, then you get down to bi-weekly, then weekly, before the big day! Like I mentioned earlier, there was one Dr. that I did not jive with so it is in my record that I do not want her in my rotation next time around. Good Luck to you!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Charbie, I am excited for you to test on Friday!!!

Fabcrab, congrats on Ovulating! Great news!

Bliss, thanks for posting that link to the tests. How are you feeling lady? Getting close now.

Blen, glad to hear George is feeling better. Poor guy.

MTG, sorry to hear you didn't get a very good Christmas present with AF showing up. Sticky dust for next month!

NElady, good luck on the interviews. You never know what kind of opportunity it is so best to check it out!

As for me, I am getting psyched for my ovulation in a couple of weeks. I have my Ovulation predictors and I am ready to start em as soon as AF comes and goes! I told my DH to start giving pep talks to his little swimmers !

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Just popping in to say there is nothing wrong with ovulaing on CD19, fabcrab and yay for ovulation! I actually ovulated on CD19 myself (yesterday) this month.

Okay, back to work!

ETA: Thanks all who wished me luck with today's interviews. I'm being super picky, so I have nothing to lose. It's great to see so many active posters here!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

Dang, I ordered the "wrong" tests. At least they were cheap! I am still early enough in my (possible) LP that I am maintaining that I will not start testing way too early, and so maybe having these tests instead of the sensitive ones will help with that actually happening.

FabCrab - yay for ovulating! CD19 is definitely fine for a viable pregnancy. Hopefully you were able to catch it! But if not, it sounds like you have a plan of attack for next time.

NEL - GOOD LUCK today!

LC - Last time, I used an independent midwife who had three apprentices. I was assigned an apprentice, and she and the midwife were at all of my prenatals. Plan A was for the midwife and my assigned apprentice to be at the birth. Plan B, if the midwife had another women in labor who seemed more imminent, was for the apprentice and for another independent certified midwife to come (allowing me someone with certification/licensing and experience as well as someone I knew) and then for my midwife to come by after the other birth if there was still time. What actually happened was that my midwife, my apprentice, and another midwife were all present. For this upcoming pregnancy, I think the practice has about 6 midwives and 4+ formal backup OBs. Three midwives are on call at any given time, and if you go into labor you could get any of those 3. As a result, they rotate who sees you for prenatals, so that you can at least meet everyone beforehand. You can ask to have an appointment with one of the OBs, but for the most part you would only see them if there is a reason to see them. This seems to be a much more common arrangement.

Charbie - If AF is not due for another 6 days and you don't want to see a negative, then it sounds like waiting a litle was the right call. Good luck on Friday!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Blen, how's the big guy feeling today? I reread your post then felt like a heel got not asking. Thanks for the details on how your practice works.

Lizzy, thanks also for letting me know how your practice worked too.

New england, how'd thee interviews go? good I hope.

I don't know what's the difference between OBs and midwives?

Sorry I'm still posting just a little, still on my .phone.

Oh and charbie yay on the camera! I want one too.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock

Blenheim, NEL, lizzy, charbie, LC, L2L- You guys are so sweet! Thanks for all the congrats. Yeah, I feel really great even if we didn't catch an egg this month that Femara worked. I was getting really worried about needing some expensive meds. :appl: It's so great because I didn't get any nasty side effects like clomid.

Lizzy- Make sure you test at the right time! You don't want to miss the LH surge like me. I think the pep talk will work haha!

LC- the questions do get really old!! Last time DH's grandparents asked I threatened that if we TTC now we'll give them the baby because we're were not ready at the time...I said it as a joke but I think they got the hint since that was a couple of years ago and they haven't said anything. Now I feel like I get more pressure from co-workers..weird!

Good luck to everyone! :wavey:

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

LC/FabCrab - When we got all of the baby questions shortly after we got married, I was in a PhD program and our plan was that we would have kids after graduation and a post-doc, and so we told everyone that it would be at least another 7 years. Then I decided to leave the program and baby fever hit, and so that plan went out the window. But since we had given everyone that time frame, we didn't get any questions as everyone was assuming it would be forever. We've been getting questions re: a second baby since he was about two months old, and we've been open about wanting a second baby but vague about timeline.

LC - I think George finally turned a corner today towards getting better, and actually laughed at dinner. Thank heavens. Thank you for asking.
Midwives versus OBs - the practioner you use can make a huge difference in your birth experience, and it's probably easiest to do reading and thinking now before you're pregnant and trying to call around for availability. Midwives are trained to deal with normal pregnancies and births (and variations of normal), while OBs are trained more in management of problems and can perform surgery. OBs are the clear choice for high risk pregnancies, but if you are low risk then it's really personal preference. I really like midwives; the ones that I've seen are so caring. There is some information on selecting a pregnancy caregiver here: http://www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ClickedLink=247&ck=10158&area=27 .

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Hi again ladies! :bigsmile:

I'm sorry to be such a selfish twit, but I have been away so long I couldn't possibly respond to everyone! I wish you all the best of luck, though.

Specifically though...

Charbie, I'm here with fingers crossed for you! I'm impressed by the marathoning... I'm not sure DH and I are capable of such a feat! And I'm sorry about the presents... I hope the bonuses come through and you get your DSLR. I love mine!!

Blen - too funny about your much shortened timeline. I was convinced I would be grilled constantly about when I was going to have babies by DHs family, but except for one or two leading questions ("Will Katy be joining us in the booze marathon this Thanksgiving?") they've basically left us alone! I knew my mom could hang on and wait to become a grandma, but I think she's turned a corner now that she knows we'll be trying soon. She's talking about bringing me all my gorgeous furniture from my nursery when I was a baby and finding a cute pattern to make a crib set out of. Squee!

I'm kinda glad she seems happy about it. I was worried for a while that if I ever told her I was preggo she'd faint or something ;-)

Lliang - Glad to see I'm not the only one who's a TTC novice around here!! What a fun thing to consider though, mommyhood! I've wanted to be a mommy for as long as I can remember, it's scary and amazing that it's (hopefully) right around the corner!

So... AF just packed her bags and left a couple days ago.... and I realized I only have one more AF and then we start trying!! I don't really expect to get preggo right away, so I'm not thinking it'll be my last AF for a while, but it's exciting to think about. One month from today we leave for our vacation....! :naughty:

charbie

Ideal_Rock

My old practice had NPs instead of MWs who would essentially serve that purpose in the practice. The OB im looking into using is in his own private practice but has a midwife partner. Im considering using him since he has office hours in the area of town close to my office, and also has hours across town at the best birthing hospital which is close to my house. Im a bit sad we've moved and I need to find a new ob, since I did enjoy old primary at my old office...
Blen: glad G is feeling better!
So NEL....did you just sneak in that you're now in the 2ww or were you guys just practicing?
Lizzy: if im not pregnant this month, ill be busting out OPKs this month.

Thanks all for the good luck wishes and dust! I'm so nervous. I have to keep reminding myself that when I was pregnant before, I had no idea until my period was a week straight, and had no obvious symptoms. I remember now my nipps were a bit sensitive (and are now....squeee) and I had mild AF like cramping for a whole week before I tested. So I need to quit looking for symptoms that aren't there...gah!

Eta: Katy- I had one of DHs cousins ask if I was pregnant since I was drinking straight diet coke on Christmas. Luckily I had a cold and just said I didn't feel like drinking anything since I was already feeling quite crappy. He dropped it right then and there. Oh, and the BD marathon....when you're trying really hard to get preggo as fast as possible, you'll go through great lengths....just you wait 8-) :lol:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Charbie--I'm keeping all crossable things crossed for tomorrow's test! I'm not in the 2ww this month--D is travelling this week, so Oed while he was gone.

We were thinking of starting to try next month, but that was before the new job opportunity came up. So now things are up in the air again.

All--thanks for the well-wishes on the interviews. Both were good, but I decided to only pursue one. It's actually at the same company where D works and I'd be working for an old boss (he moved from our ad agency to this company about 2 years ago). He was a fantastic boss, which is comforting to know. He also has 3 kids and is very family-oriented, so that could bode well for me down the line. The only glitch is that I interviewed for a position in another group a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I didn't follow up because I decided I didn't want the position, but he wants to talk with the head of that group first so that she doesn't feel undermined. We'll see!

Okay, back to your regularly-scheduled program! It's exciting thinking about 2011 and what it will bring for all of us!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Hey everyone,

FINALLY back on a computer! :) I'm at work, and of course on PS instead of, oh say WORKING! LOL! What! I haven't been able to check in properly with your fabulous ladies in like... a WEEK! Ha ha, I'm such a brat.

NEL, wow, glad your interviews went well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on the position you want. :) Would you and your DH be working together? I think I'd probably strangle DH if I had to work with him too. But that's just me.

Charbie, NP = Nurse Practitioner, right? So would they fill the roles of a midwife? I'm glad you have an OB you like, when (not if ;)) ) the time comes. And if you need ot hangout in Hangout to keep yourself from going crazy, I' m poking around there every now and then. That goes for all the other ladies too.

Katy, so nice you don't have to field crazy questions. I told my mom, the next time someone asks me, I'm going ot start asking them "When's the next time you're having sex with your spouse? How often? etc, etc etc" Wow! One month until you guys jump into the pool! :) I'm still in the shallow end, but the other ladies are swimming around. The water's great :) And yeah, I'm perfectly happy to unabashedly ask the most noobie questions. Luckily, Charbie, Blen, and all the other ladies don't point at me and laugh. Or at least they don't do it on this thread. Ha ha ha :lol:

Blen, Aw, so glad that G is doing better. Poor little guy. I was like "OH NO!" When you posted about him last week. Thank you so much for the info. I feel kinda embarrassed asking such dumb and obvious questions. But you ladies are so gracious, it makes it easy to ask even the weirdest questions. I'm so grateful to have you guys around. Oh, and the Wondofos are cheap. I can't remember if I ordered the early detection or what. I should probably check my amazon account.

Fab, Dude, COWORKERS?!?! I'd nix that ASAP. But I'm just not that close to my coworkers. Seems like you have a few that you have a good relationship with, so that's fantastic.

Lizzy, I've been doing my annual paps with my GP (General Practitioner). But I figure I'd need to get an OB/GYN this year if we're going to TTC. Sis has one. My GP gave me names for her two "favorites", but I left her list at home when the GYN office called for an appt. I'm going to call back today and see if I can book with the ones my GP likes. I like her so I trust her preferences. But it seems everyone rotates through anyway. I dunno, i think I'd be kinda OK with the idea of using a midwife, but I haven't read Blen's link yet.

Did people buy pregnancy books? I've got TCOYF on inter-library loan from the library. I dunno if I want to buy pregnancy books yet, maybe closer to the summer with DH really wants to try.

Okay and now for a kinda me-centered/pity party part... And after this i'm going to try REALLY HARD not to think/talk about it:

Christmas holiday was an abject DISASTER! We went to my family's house, then popped over to the ILs (they live 3 hrs away) for 2 days, then came back to my family's. I felt the whole time we were at my family's DH was a complete BABY! pouting, expecting me to be with him the ENTIRE TIME! On Christmas day, we do a BIG dinner (like 40 ppl) so I was over at the farmhouse cooking with my brother the whole day. DH was mad at me for "abandoning him". Mind you the farm is a whole 75 yds away from the family house. REALLY? Abandoning him? And it's not like he didn't know where I was. Then the whole rest of the time I felt he was either snarky, pouting, or not-interested in talking to anyone. Dude, really??? Whereas I'm like talking to his sister, his folks, trying to find a place to to have dinner. GAH!!! Men are SUCH BABIES!!!!

I haven't talked to him about it because obviously I'm still emotional about it and it won't come out well.

And I lost my e-ring this weekend too. :blackeye: (yes it was insured, no haven't talked to DH about that either)
Worst. Christmas. EVER....

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh, LC, you lost your e-ring?! That's awful!! I'm so sorry your DH was being a baby. I had to chuckle when I read that he felt "abandoned" when you were 75 yards away and he could have easily walked over there if he missed you so much. Maybe he knew he'd be put to work if he ventured over to the farmhouse...

But seriously, that sounds like a truly horrible Christmas. Stressful. I hope this blows past soon and you're feeling better--depending on how well he can take a joke I'd totally make jokes about it. "I have to use the restroom, hon, I just want to make sure you're going to be okay out here without me." Maybe it's a tad snide, but also kind of funny.

As for the job, DH and I would be working in completely different departments (he's a mathematician, I'm in marketing), however it would be nice to grab lunch together whenever we'd like.

Good luck with the insurance claim, LC, and I really hope you're feeling better soon!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Ooooh! NEL that'd be HILARIOUS if I made snide comments like that. :Up_to_something: He'd probably get even MORE pissed at me though, so not sure if it'd be worth it. It sure would (temporarily) make me feel better. And yes, the whole abandoning thing was my reasoning too. It's not like he didn't know where I was... :rolleyes:

Doing yoga with Sis and friends tonight. She also just had an "UGH!" moment with her boyfriend so she and I are both like "SOOOOO need this yoga class today!"

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

AF started today! Right on schedule! I am so excited to start TTC this month!!! OPK's are ready fabcrab! As soon as my period is done, I will start em. Charbie, I really like using the OPK's, I think it's because I get kind of OCD when ttc. I figure it only helps bd at the right time you know? Because we have one child it is hard to find time to get down to business as often as we would like, so I'd rather focus our efforts at the right time. But hopefully you won't need em Charbie!!! Positive thoughts going out to you!!!

lc, sorry dh was a pain in the you know what for Christmas. Totally sucks about your e-ring too. I hope your insurance claim goes smoothly.

NElady, glad to hear your interviews went well. It will all fall into place for you...

Blen, glad to hear you got a laugh out of your little guy. Sounds like he is on the road to recovery.

Hi Katy, welcome back! It is exciting to know you will be ttc soon isn't it?

The three of us are all sick in my house right now. Coughing, headache, congestion. Last New Years we were all sick too but with the stomach bug. It never fails.....

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Sooooo....ummm...how's the weather where everyone's at?

Any big new years plans?? :cheeky:

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Ok. I can't take it anymore.

I'M GOING TO HAVE ONE HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1921.JPG

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Sooooo...
I had to test. I couldn't decided if I was or wasn't...really had no idea what the results would be.
Got home from work, and had decided since I don't have to work tomorrow, I'll just go for it and deal with a negative if that was to be. I told DH (who was cooking) that I was just gonna POAS. He then tried (very weakly) to tell me not to. Said to wait until the morning. But I very shakingly POAS, and waited....and waited. We have the worst light ever in our bathroom. I *thought* I saw a faint line, smiled, and took it out to the kitchen where he was cooking. I think he could tell by my smile before I said anything. I said, "We did it!" and we just giggled, hugged, kissed, and everything in the world was great.
Then DH said, "I have a present for you." and went over the bedroom. He bought infant Ohio State Buckeye socks today at the store with the hopes of giving them to me whenever we found out I was preggo.

I cannot stop smiling. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :D :D :D :D

I am now just PRAYING this one sticks and grows into a real baby. :halo: ::)

(and please DON'T say anything on facebook if we happen to be FB friends. I will not be mentioning this for a few months on there.)

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

Congrats, Charbie! So exciting, and what a great year to start 2011!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

OMG CHARBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, lady!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am so happy for you!!!!!! Sticky sticky EXTRA sticky dust!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

charbie|1293758641|2810467 said:
Sooooo...
I had to test. I couldn't decided if I was or wasn't...really had no idea what the results would be.
Got home from work, and had decided since I don't have to work tomorrow, I'll just go for it and deal with a negative if that was to be. I told DH (who was cooking) that I was just gonna POAS. He then tried (very weakly) to tell me not to. Said to wait until the morning. But I very shakingly POAS, and waited....and waited. We have the worst light ever in our bathroom. I *thought* I saw a faint line, smiled, and took it out to the kitchen where he was cooking. I think he could tell by my smile before I said anything. I said, "We did it!" and we just giggled, hugged, kissed, and everything in the world was great.
Then DH said, "I have a present for you." and went over the bedroom. He bought infant Ohio State Buckeye socks today at the store with the hopes of giving them to me whenever we found out I was preggo.

I cannot stop smiling. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :D :D :D :D

I am now just PRAYING this one sticks and grows into a real baby. :halo: ::)

(and please DON'T say anything on facebook if we happen to be FB friends. I will not be mentioning this for a few months on there.)

Charbie, YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! :appl: So excited for you! Lots of sticky dust for you. Your DH is so stinking cute too!!!!! Woo Hoo Mama!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

EEEeeeeeeEEEEE!!! Charbie!!!! I'm soooooo happy for you!! I am literally sitting here grinning from ear to ear brimming with excitement for you. I am sending so much sticky dust to you--congrats, CONGRATS!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh, Charbie, I am so happy for you!!! Congratulations, girl! I'm sending even more sticky dust your way. :D

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Charbie, wooohooooooooooo, CONGRATS!!! :appl: :appl: :bigsmile:

Inhisarms, whoohoo Congrats too!! :appl: :appl:

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

Yay Charbie!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Congrats hun! I'm so excited for you! sending lots of sticky dust your way!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results