shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mela, you can try testing at 12 DPO, but remember that a negative is NOT definitive. Only getting AF tells you that you aren''t preggers (and with implantation spotting even that can be confusing!
33.gif
). FF says that elevated temps for 18 DPO is also a good signal that you are pregant. Some women don''t get positive tests until quite late... like 16-18 DPO. Others seem to get it early at 10 DPO, or a few even earlier! I think that I read that about 60% of women can get an accurate positive result the day of their missed period, but that means another 50% have to wait a couple more days before they get an accurate result.

If you plan to test a lot I recommend going to the dollar stone and picking up some dollar tests. They are as accurate as many expensive tests (mine are 25miu) and you don''t have to feel guilty about testing if you want to.

As for me, still feeling queezy.
14.gif
It started last night before dinner, but only lasted a little hwile. Then on and off all day today, felt better after a nap after work, but after dinner it came back... who knows...?? Time will tell for sure.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
thanks for all the info gals. I have to admit, if Im not PG (which is VERY posible) i''ll be kinda surprised. I''ve been SO tired the past week....like, so tired even the heels of my feet are tired when I walk (if that makes any sense). It could be also becase I just went thru a couple months of career change, and I now work 6 days a week (3 of which are very physical and on my feet). D''oi, which could explain how tired I feel and dazed. Doi Doi Doi.

Anyways, I''m going to try to hold off on testing as long as I can. I''m trying to remain realistic that my chances are so slim to begin with...I dont want to psych myself up and out.

speaking of up and out, I''m going to drag my sore heels to bed now.

Hang in there gals. Only a few more agonizing days to go
14.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies!

hope that everyone''s week is going well.

to all those in the 2ww -- i''ve only been there once and i was so impatient to find out. the possibility of being pregnant sort of threw me for a loop, even though we actively tried that month, and like you amber, i had the same concerns about not drinking tea, staying away from brie, etc...

currently i''m at CD8 which according to my previous charting (not temping) is just before i start noticing EW. my DH and I are waiting until July to start actively TTC, but hey you never know what could happen this holiday weekend
11.gif
2.gif
11.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hi gals,

so here''s an update - after I shut''er down last night and literally crawled to bed, I laid there in agony with terrible cramps. They were much like AF cramps, the type I would have just popped 2 xtra strength Advils for to squash. weird. I feel fine now, but strange. Either they are ''early'' AF cramps or maaaaaaaybe implantation cramping???

I need to chill. I''m leaving soon to go to work - as a florist. I''ll keep these idle hands busy...that should do it!

PS. Dreamer - you are a Canadian too!!!! I''m in TO. You?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! We had such a late night last night, I''m just exhausted. I woke up thinking it was Saturday. There really is nothing more depressing than waking up and realizing you have two more work days.
7.gif
Paul''s school had their annual musical (this one was "Cinderella"), so we had to sit in the dressing room for a few hours and try to keep the peace (and the illicit flirting that was done the previous night) all smooth-like. I swear, babies are so much easier than dealing with 60 8th and 7th graders and their hormones.

No AF yet, but I''m sure it''ll be along soon. I have noooo pg feelings at all, so I''m totally thinking it''ll be another cycle for me! Totally cool with that. Now I just need a nap. Also: someone in our office building either left something bad in the fridge, or is eating something super gross.
14.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 8:42:05 PM
Author: Blenheim
I read one woman who claimed to get positives at 7 dpo for two pregnancies; it''s possible that she had early implantation or that she miscalculated her O date. If you do test early (which I guess means before your missed period), try not to drink much and hold it for 3-4 hrs beforehand so that your urine''s more concentrated.

Also, some tests are more sensitive than others. FRERs are among the most sensitive, from what I understand. If you want reviews of a particular brand, you can always check out http://www.peeonastick.com/.

I hope that some of my rambling helped.

Blen,

I''m one of those women who got a super early BFP (8DPO for the first very faint line)...now I''m having twins! Lol. So it is possible to truly get an earlier +. Most women impant days 7-10, but there are also women who implant a bit earlier, so that means that you *could* have an early +, but it''s unlikely.

As long as you won''t get yourself worked up about it you can test as early as you want, but it does get expensive!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 9:07:27 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Date: 5/21/2008 5:22:29 PM

Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/21/2008 12:21:24 PM

Author: lisa1.01fvs1

WOOOO HOOOOOO NEATFREAK!!!!!!
emotion-19.gif
36.gif
36.gif
emstar.gif
9.gif
emotion-19.gif

That is so cool! 2 babes!

What was in your water that day?

Congratulations, going off to Preggo thread to check out he US.

So happy for u guys.

Thanks Lisa!!!! It's very cool, but very overwhelming at the same time. There are a lot of pluses and minuses on both side, DH right now is all over the plus side category, while my more practical self is a bit worried about the negatives (mostly COST!).

But my DH is wonderful and I know he'll be a very involved dad, so that will help a lot. Hopefully they will be as cute as Olivia!
I can't even imagine!

But think you'll be prepared for #3 or 4 - hahahaha.

For what its worth - I used to work in NICU and OB w/ high risk (that includes you now) only b/c of the multiples thing. And while no expert, have seen many a twin mommy!

and triplet mommy and guadruplet mommy!

They referred u to a perinatologist I hope?

Or maybe it's still early.

Oh how exciting!!!!!!!

2 is PLENTY for us. We only wanted 2, so in a way, this gets things out of the way! I have to say that there is something immensely appealing about not trying to have another baby while I am in the midst of trying to get tenure at my first academic position!

They have not referred me to anyone yet, but then again, I actually haven't even seen my real OB yet! I saw my old NP this week and my OB's nursing staff, but he was actually OOT. So I go in on Thursday to meet with him for the first time and see what he has to say. I hope that because I am young, a healthy weight, no prior health problems, etc. I will be one of the "lower risk" high risks. But I guess you just never know...I'm both freaked out and calmed by the designation! I am calmed because I know it means I will get much better monitoring, which calms my anxiety greatly, but also a bit freaked out that my pregnancy is now considered high risk!

I guess all I can do is follow the directives, stay healthy, and cross my fingers right?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 10:35:26 AM
Author: mela lu
Hi gals,

so here''s an update - after I shut''er down last night and literally crawled to bed, I laid there in agony with terrible cramps. They were much like AF cramps, the type I would have just popped 2 xtra strength Advils for to squash. weird. I feel fine now, but strange. Either they are ''early'' AF cramps or maaaaaaaybe implantation cramping???

I need to chill. I''m leaving soon to go to work - as a florist. I''ll keep these idle hands busy...that should do it!

PS. Dreamer - you are a Canadian too!!!! I''m in TO. You?
Mela, I''m in southern Ontario too! haha.. there had to be a few of us around here right?

So this morning my temp dropped by 0.3deg Celcius... still well above the cover line, so since I''m only CD-23, 8-DPO, it seems unlikely that this is my temps lowering in anticipation of AF. I''m thinking maaaaybe an implantation dip?? Tomorrow''s temp will tell I guess.

Still feeling woozy today. Time sure passes slowly when you are waiting for your aunt to visit!
3.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 1:25:56 PM
Well ladies, the verdict is in. Not one but TWO strong heartbeats. It''s twins!!!!!!! I''ll post more later once we''ve had some time to digest.
36.gif
Congrats Neatfreak
9.gif

and hello to all! Just a little intro to this area of PS... we can''t wait to start trying, we were just married in April, and we are both very excited to get movin'' on this baby thing. As soon as my new insurance gets going we are off to the races! (I don''t have maternity coverage right now, and my new insurance is going to take 30-45 days to get approved
7.gif
)

DH thinks I''m nuts (which is nothing new) because I''ve been looking for all those old wives tales for conceiving twins... Ha! Any tips
2.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 1:49:56 PM
Author: happy in love

Date: 5/20/2008 1:25:56 PM
Well ladies, the verdict is in. Not one but TWO strong heartbeats. It's twins!!!!!!! I'll post more later once we've had some time to digest.
36.gif
Congrats Neatfreak
9.gif

and hello to all! Just a little intro to this area of PS... we can't wait to start trying, we were just married in April, and we are both very excited to get movin' on this baby thing. As soon as my new insurance gets going we are off to the races! (I don't have maternity coverage right now, and my new insurance is going to take 30-45 days to get approved
7.gif
)

DH thinks I'm nuts (which is nothing new) because I've been looking for all those old wives tales for conceiving twins... Ha! Any tips
2.gif
Hi HIL - welcome to the thread!
35.gif
Congratulations on your wedding BTW! That's great you and your DH are getting a "jump start" on things. My DH and I have almost been married a year (wow, time flies!). Seems like you'll be joining the second wave of PS TTCers happening in a month (including myself). Looking forward to sharing stories and knowledge with you!
5.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hi Happy!
36.gif

I just recently joined this thread, and the TTC party - you''re going to love it!

re: twins. There are quite a few baking around here (and fresh outta the oven) so if it''s contageous, then jump in and cross your fingers and toes
2.gif
that you catch them! hahah. jokes. I got a ''twin vaccine'' so I cant possibly conceive twins (yyaaaahhh riiiiiight!). I wish. I''m scared that I may end up with them because of the strong presence of twins on BOTH of my parents side. hah. My DH is a twin too, but apparently it''s ALL ME who decides if we''re having twins or not. please not. oh god, one at a time please. thanks.
17.gif

lol. I feel "funny" tonight, like cranky/tired/silly/crazy. 4 days till Auntie is expected. la la la la la......

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak -- good to know! Was your 8dpo BFP easily recognizable as a line (albeit a faint one), or was it the type where you were holding it up in different types of light and squinting and stuff? We just made the impulse decision to drive to DC tomorrow to visit our parents for the long weekend, and our last day there I''d be 7dpo. It would be so fun to find out while I''m there (I know I''d tell my mom immediately anyway) but 7dpo just seems so early. If it''s there''s a small chance though, I''ll pack a $ Tree pee stick to use on the last day. I don''t really mind wasting $1.

A road trip will probably help to distract me in the 2ww. Plus, hubby''s cousin''s 7 mo old baby girl is getting baptized on Sunday and I have yet to meet her.
30.gif

Mela lu, can I have a twin vaccine too? I''m getting afraid that there''s something in the water here, haha.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 8:41:45 PM
Author: Blenheim
Neatfreak -- good to know! Was your 8dpo BFP easily recognizable as a line (albeit a faint one), or was it the type where you were holding it up in different types of light and squinting and stuff? We just made the impulse decision to drive to DC tomorrow to visit our parents for the long weekend, and our last day there I''d be 7dpo. It would be so fun to find out while I''m there (I know I''d tell my mom immediately anyway) but 7dpo just seems so early. If it''s there''s a small chance though, I''ll pack a $ Tree pee stick to use on the last day. I don''t really mind wasting $1.

A road trip will probably help to distract me in the 2ww. Plus, hubby''s cousin''s 7 mo old baby girl is getting baptized on Sunday and I have yet to meet her.
30.gif

Mela lu, can I have a twin vaccine too? I''m getting afraid that there''s something in the water here, haha.

It was a line for sure, but a super faint one. But we took a picture and there clearly was a line. Take one, it can''t hurt!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Happy, welcome!

Nothing yet, no AF or PG symptoms.
1.gif
My, isn''t it fun having to wait for your body to cooperate? How are the ladies doing tonight? I am now 14dpo. I won''t test until Saturday, since I''m almost positive AF will be here tomorrow like clockwork.
5.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, well I''m kinda freaking out here.
32.gif

AF just arrived and that means my last cycle was only 23 days and my luteal phase was only 8. My temps started dropping yesterday and this morning went below the cover line. Then the doorbell rang and my aunt had arrived.

I am trying to tell myself that it is only my body trying to get regular after being on the pill for so long. First cycle off the pill was 31 days, then 28, and now 23. If you remember last cycle for me
20.gif
, I got a really strange period, way too light to be normal. This cycle was definitely ovulatory with a clear bi-phasic shift. But my EWCF only lasted a day and it was very scant, and then my luteal phase was only 8 days.

I guess I have to wait and see what this cycle looks like. I am wondering if ignorance of all this information would have been better, but I still would have known my cycles were wonky since even if I wasn''t charting I would still know how to count!
20.gif

This cycle I worried that I wouldn''t ovulate and couldn''t sleep properly until I saw the temp shift. Now I will probably worry until my luteal phase proves itself. Siggghhhhh not looking forward to this.

On the bright side, this is a *real* full on period, not like last month, so maybe this month will be a fresh start so to speak. Apparently women over 30 who have never had a child experience the most problems with their cycles after going off the pill. Well Yippee for us!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
hey dd, if it makes you feel any better, i''m 28 and my first two cycles off the pill are nothing like i remember them to be, and much longer, too. i have been halfheartedly charting, but i doubt they''re very accurate due to my irregular sleep.

for now all i want to know is how long my cycles are. we aren''t officially TTC, i''m just trying to establish good habits so i''m ready when it happens. i''m hoping to time the due date within a few months margin due to our dissertation/semester schedules. we aren''t finishing for two more years, so i have time...

i''m sorry your cycles have been so wonky! the extra information probably gives you another thing to worry about, but in the long run it''ll be more empowering than not. i''m a born worrier, so if i weren''t obsessively deconstructing luteal phases (not that i am right now, but i probably will), i would probably obsess about things in a more superstitious way.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 9:01:12 AM
Author: erica k
hey dd, if it makes you feel any better, i''m 28 and my first two cycles off the pill are nothing like i remember them to be, and much longer, too. i have been halfheartedly charting, but i doubt they''re very accurate due to my irregular sleep.

for now all i want to know is how long my cycles are. we aren''t officially TTC, i''m just trying to establish good habits so i''m ready when it happens. i''m hoping to time the due date within a few months margin due to our dissertation/semester schedules. we aren''t finishing for two more years, so i have time...

i''m sorry your cycles have been so wonky! the extra information probably gives you another thing to worry about, but in the long run it''ll be more empowering than not. i''m a born worrier, so if i weren''t obsessively deconstructing luteal phases (not that i am right now, but i probably will), i would probably obsess about things in a more superstitious way.
Thanks erika. Had I known that it can take so long for the body to regulate itself after BCP, then I would have gone off the pill sooner. Make note ladies!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 9:23:36 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Thanks erika. Had I known that it can take so long for the body to regulate itself after BCP, then I would have gone off the pill sooner. Make note ladies!

At the same time...I had a wonky cycle right after I went off the pill. And the next one I was pregnant. With twins. So just because it''s a bit wonky DOESN''T mean you aren''t super fertile!!!!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
neatfreak, that''s so true. (belated congrats, by the way!!).

it''s really interesting to see how my body adjusts to being off the pill (i was only on it for 3 years). before the pill, my cycles were irregular and painful. the past two have been irregular and like nothing at all. even though one can conceive right after going off the pill (super twins, even!), i''m glad to have some down time in between. things have been so stressful this semester, it''s nice to have something like charting while not TTC.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 9:25:50 AM

Date: 5/23/2008 9:23:36 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

At the same time...I had a wonky cycle right after I went off the pill. And the next one I was pregnant. With twins. So just because it''s a bit wonky DOESN''T mean you aren''t super fertile!!!!
I think my short luteal phase (i.e., 8 days) pretty much guarantees that for me at least I was not fertile this month.

But you are right, generally it may not be so dire.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD: I wouldn''t worry about it yet. If you find that you also have a super short luteal phase next month, THEN go see a Dr. But one month, esp. while you are going off the pill, you are probably totally fine!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 10:41:11 AM
DD: I wouldn''t worry about it yet. If you find that you also have a super short luteal phase next month, THEN go see a Dr. But one month, esp. while you are going off the pill, you are probably totally fine!
I know, you are probably right, but it''s hard not to freak out a little. I just wish I had gone off the pill and started charting earlier so that I wouldn''t have to be dealing with two stresses: discovering my body''s fertility patterns AND TTC. I guess it doesn''t help that I have a 4 month window to get preggers before I won''t qualify for maternity pay through my current research position (it ends June 1, 2009, so I need to get preggers by Auguest 10). After that we will have to rely on savings--still doable, but it will be tight. And it doesn''t help that I have been trying to find an academic job for 2 years. That''s always a stress just waiting to rear its ugly head and depress me any time I let me guard down.

Blech, I''m just feeling really defeatest today and a little (a lot?) depressed. I was so upset this morning when I took my temp and it had fallen for the second straight day and was below the cover line... I was like, "It''s too soon!"
39.gif

Good thing I can take the afternoon off and go shopping
3.gif

Since I''m out of the races, this makes it more likely that Amber, Blemheim, or Mela will be preggers right?
28.gif
I know stats don''t work that way, but lets just pretend.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only had ONE period after stopping the pill Nov 06 and getting preggo in Jan 07 so I agree just b/c your cycles are irregular does NOT mean you cannot get preggo. I was doing 40 day cycles. I know it is hard not to worry but I am sure you will all get your BFPs soon! Baby dust to all!!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Awww, DD, so sorry about AF.
7.gif
I hope this was just a wacky cycle for you this time, and next one will be regular. I know sometimes it feels like things are just so overwhelmingly CRAP, and things just won''t work right- hugs!! As my own (pregnant) buddy said, "Stress doesn''t help make babies!" Yeah yeah yeah, tell that to my green with envy ovaries.
21.gif
I''ll probably be starting AF today or tomorrow, so we''ll be on the same cycle almost!

As for me... nothing yet. I had the WORST headache last night, and I''ve just been so cranky.
11.gif
Doesn''t help that Los Angeles had tornadoes and HAIL yesterday! What is going ON?

How are you all doing?
21.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
DD: i agree with the others - i would try not to stress out one irregular cycle considering that it''s so likely to be irregular after coming off the pill. there is definitely the trap of over thinking these things, especially when we have so much information available. but try to remain calm and relaxed about TTC, because like amber said stress is no good for making babies.

Here''s to hoping that your next cycle will perfect!!! heaps of baby dust.

so, i told my DH about the twin boom here on PS and asked him if he would be a little taken aback if I wound up having twins. he totally suprised me by saying that he thought it''d be such a great experience. cute that he''s not overly concerned...i told him that i''ll have to re-poll if i found out and see what the actual response would be
6.gif

cannot wait for the weekend to roll on in!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 11:34:22 AM
Author: lovelylulu
DD: i agree with the others - i would try not to stress out one irregular cycle considering that it''s so likely to be irregular after coming off the pill. there is definitely the trap of over thinking these things, especially when we have so much information available. but try to remain calm and relaxed about TTC, because like amber said stress is no good for making babies.

Here''s to hoping that your next cycle will perfect!!! heaps of baby dust.

so, i told my DH about the twin boom here on PS and asked him if he would be a little taken aback if I wound up having twins. he totally suprised me by saying that he thought it''d be such a great experience. cute that he''s not overly concerned...i told him that i''ll have to re-poll if i found out and see what the actual response would be
6.gif

cannot wait for the weekend to roll on in!!

I think men are so idealistic sometimes...and cute of course. My DH is the same way. He thinks it is 100% the best thing ever and can''t even fathom why I am a bit worried.
20.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
DD - sorry to hear that AF is a meanie and visited w/o an invite!
I hate it when that happens!!!!! She''s been over to my place a lot recently (read past 6 months!).
She eats whatever she wants and doesn''t make the bed.

So we are waiting on the final 3 this month? When is everybody testing?

Hmm luteal phase issues? Sounds just like me. Cycle are 22-26 days.

Probably need projesterone at some point.

Had the HSG and all tubes are open, no blockages and DH''s swimmers are good (53 million and motility a 3+ out of 4).

We will time BD this week and next cycle try IUI.

Thinking of everyone.

Lisa

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

DD - sorry to hear how you''re feeling!

7.gif
But, I think you should look at the positives in all this - you have awareness of what is going on w/ your body and if a problem arises, you will be able to take the proper measures to correct the problem.

I agree with the rest of the girls and think it''s just your body adjusting after coming off the pill (for the first 3 months my cycles were long - I think my first one was close to 40 days and my cycles were 28 or 29 days on the dot before the pill), so it WAS a concern. By the 4th cycle, things were starting to get back to normal, but everyone is different.

As you know, I discovered I had a short luteal phase last month after temping and charting for the first time. After doing some research I learned that vitamin B-6 can lengthen it and started taking it this cycle. I am now on 7 DPO and if I have another short luteal phase, I will not hesitate to call my doctor. In a way, I''m thankful that I''m charting and temping and learning! By doing all this, I am able to save myself MONTHS of TTC if I do in fact have luteal phase defect. It''s so easy to fix w/ B6 and progesterone cream - I would''ve kicked myself if I tried and tried and tried w/ no success only to learn that I had a problem that was easily curable.

SO, be happy that you are learning about your body - I''m sure things are just fine, but awareness is so important and you''re already taking the right measures to meet your goal of getting pregnant soon! And remember, we are all in this together right along with you.
2.gif

Good luck DD and baby dust to all!
5.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey Dreamer, another over-30 and just off BCP over here. My cycles have been TOTALLY wacked out... super short (21 days) then long (31 days). It''s normal for cycles to be wacky for a while off BCP. Even for several months.

So try not to worry.

The thing is, if I understand correctly, even if your luteal phase ends up short-ish, you can do something about it. It''s easy to treat. So everything will turn out fine and there is really nothing to fret about!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for you support and well-wishes. It is so great to have this forum for support, who knew a diamond site would be so useful for TTC??
2.gif

I am feeling better right now, though I have a headache and cramps and I am TIIIIIRRRRRED!

So I was curious about how sensitive the estimates of ovulation day are on FF, so I did a little "experimenting" with the data on my chart. First, I discovered that if one of my temps in the ovulation period was just 0.1 degree higher, then the estimate of ovulation would have been two days earlier (CD-13). Also, I was unsure about whether my CF was EW or not on Tuesday, and if it wasn''t, then the esimate of ovulation was three days earlier (CD-12). Other similar small changes resulted in earlier and later estimates as well. Since I am sure that both of these variables are indeed error prone, especially my examination of my CF, from this I conclude that the estimate of o-day is exactly that--an estimate, with o-day actually happening within a couple days before or after the cross-hairs. FF basically says as much, but it was interesting to play with my data and see how sensitive it actually was.

So from my chart this month I know two things for sure: a) My temps showed a clear bi-phasic pattern, so I know ovulation occurred, and b) this was an unusually short cycle for me. It is possible that my luteal phase was short, but given the error-prone nature of the data collection instument (i.e., ME
2.gif
), I''m not gonna put to much weight on that possibility yet.

Good news is that I think that my cycles are getting back on track. Although this was a short cycle for me, my two previous AFs before this were so light that I doubt my hormones were working right. This time feels much more "normal", so hopefully that is a good sign.

PS: I do take super vitimins that include B6, blushingbride, so hopefully that isn''t the cause of this mysterious cycle! Thanks for that tip! I too will visit the doc if next month looks the same.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results