carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 3:13:02 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Holy CRAP!! NF, that is AMAZING news!!! I totally agree, recent twin-flux on PS! Wow, that is so so great! Did you just DIE of shock when you saw it?

Congrats!!

We totally did. If I hadn''t seen it myself so clearly I don''t think I would have believed it. We are still in shock. But getting used to the idea already.

My mother was hilarious though because she''s been saying that she wanted us to have twins so she can "have one" because they live on the east coast. Now she''s got her wish, lol. I think she was more shocked than us!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
NF, my husband thinks I''m insane because I''m always talking about "this girl I know" when I talk about PS ladies, and when Jen found out about the twins, I was like, "And now ANOTHER set of twins!!!" He asked me, "Who are you TALKING about?" And I have to pretend like I actually KNOW you people.
1.gif
I can''t wait to go home and say, "ANOTHER SET OF TWINS!".

btw: LOVE the reset. Seriously. EW is my fave, and if my finger wasn''t so fat, I would have done it with my rec. radiant.

PPS: love the U/S!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks Amber! Your DH is so cute. Mine understands about PS (and feeling like I "know" everyone) because he is on a similar forum about cigars. Lol. We are so lame.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
WOW - congrats neatfreak! that''s such great news!! don''t worry about the shock, you have 9 months to get ready to handle the duo :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 3:41:07 PM
Author: sbde
WOW - congrats neatfreak! that''s such great news!! don''t worry about the shock, you have 9 months to get ready to handle the duo :)

Just went down to 6 months probably! Lol. I''m almost 8 weeks and twins usually are born a month early. Crazy! Thanks, we appreciate the congrats!!!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I've missed so much in a day! Congratulations on the twins, neatfreak! That's fabulous news!
36.gif

Thank you so much gemma and lili! I'd love to join you in the pregnant thread, and definitely will once we hear the heartbeat. My first ultrasound is June 4, but I think I'm going to try to move it up.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 3:26:29 PM
NF, my husband thinks I''m insane because I''m always talking about ''this girl I know'' when I talk about PS ladies, and when Jen found out about the twins, I was like, ''And now ANOTHER set of twins!!!'' He asked me, ''Who are you TALKING about?'' And I have to pretend like I actually KNOW you people.
1.gif
I can''t wait to go home and say, ''ANOTHER SET OF TWINS!''.

btw: LOVE the reset. Seriously. EW is my fave, and if my finger wasn''t so fat, I would have done it with my rec. radiant.

PPS: love the U/S!
LOL that is too true! DH understands about PS, but when I talk to other people I just say, "This girl I know" and don''t elaborate.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, yeah, a few of the PS ladies I kind of "know", like Ebree and others who aren''t really here as much (Hi, Ebree!), because of another site I was a blogger on, so I just mention Ebree or Albicocca (hasn''t posted in forever), and he totally knows.
1.gif
It makes up for not having real friends. hahaha!

Anyway, now I''m 12DPO, and feeling the norm. FF said to test on the 27th, if AF doesn''t show up soon, but honestly, not feeling PG at all. I''m totally okay with that. Kind of.
2.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Neatfreak that U/S is the coolest thing ever - I was literally staring at it for over 5 min. just now - how fascinating!!! You''ve got two little swimmers in there!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 4:43:24 PM
DD, yeah, a few of the PS ladies I kind of ''know'', like Ebree and others who aren''t really here as much (Hi, Ebree!), because of another site I was a blogger on, so I just mention Ebree or Albicocca (hasn''t posted in forever), and he totally knows.
1.gif
It makes up for not having real friends. hahaha!

Anyway, now I''m 12DPO, and feeling the norm. FF said to test on the 27th, if AF doesn''t show up soon, but honestly, not feeling PG at all. I''m totally okay with that. Kind of.
2.gif
You can test anytime you like, though... like now! haha. No pressure! haha.

But time will tell either way. When is AF due for you? I am 6 DPO... waiting sucks!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Mela Lu -- yesterday at 11 am I had a ton of EWCM and by 4 pm there was only a little sticky CM. If you catch when you''re O-ing, it can happen really quickly. (I check more often around O because I think it''s cool how quickly my CM and cervix changes. I probably have issues.
2.gif
)

Neatfreak - OMG! Congrats, that''s so great!
36.gif
But, uh, why did you mention not being tall? Is that a risk factor? (I''m 5''11"...)

Last night when he got home, I told hubby that I had just O''d and that it would probably be a good idea to DTD, but that I wasn''t in the mood. He said that I should still have super sperm in me from the day before, so we didn''t need to. Seriously, what is with our husbands and the super sperm?

On the topic of temping, we''d been avoiding using FAM and I''m just in the habit so it makes sense for me to continue. Plus graphing things is fun.
20.gif
If I didn''t like graphing and wasn''t in the habit, I probably wouldn''t do it until we had been trying for a couple to a few cycles.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, AF is due Friday (way to start off the long weekend), so I could test now. Or I could just eat a bunch of ice cream. Oooor both!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 5:45:18 PM
Author: Blenheim

Neatfreak - OMG! Congrats, that''s so great!
36.gif
But, uh, why did you mention not being tall? Is that a risk factor? (I''m 5''11''...)

Supposedly! But I don''t think a big one. But "big" women (whether that means by height, weight, or both) are more likely to have twins.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 5:59:06 PM
DD, AF is due Friday (way to start off the long weekend), so I could test now. Or I could just eat a bunch of ice cream. Oooor both!
LOL!! You might as well wait a few days and see what happens, by Saturday you will probably know one way or another!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 5:59:06 PM

Amber - isn''t it so crazy that we ''could'' be PG, or just as easily NOT be PG. sigh. I wish I had a better inkling...but I don''t! I feel like you feel the same - no idea?!

ahhhh.

Sat is coming :) 3 more sleeps! You''ll know by then *wink*

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mela, tell me about it! I''m sitting here thinking, "Wow, perhaps this iced tea is a bad idea?" I''m surprised at myself, and how I am so eh... about the chances. Yes, it very well could have happened. Or it could not. I was so sick when I o''d that I''m sure the fever must have deterred the little guys.
11.gif

So this is that 2ww everyone talks about. Huh.
32.gif
Either way, next month is a new month!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I know!!! THIS is that terrible 2ww! I hope to have few of these
7.gif

I think you have the best outlook. Next cycle is a new one and there is no rush or pressure. It''s just so amazing that it "coulllllld" have worked, and we ''coullllld'' be PG. or not.

hahahah. I''m so okay with not being PG (espesh b/c we only did it once!) but natch I''m holding a small candle. I''ll know Monday.

la lalaaaaaa.
17.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
congratulations neat!!! two little bundles is definitely good news!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Anyone else get the crankypants during their 2ww? I just want the news so I can have a martini.
41.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 11:27:15 AM
Anyone else get the crankypants during their 2ww? I just want the news so I can have a martini.
41.gif
Well I don't know if I get cranky but I do get distracted and I have little patience with DH. Okay, I get cranky
3.gif

So I don't want to make too much of this, but right now I feel a little woozy. When I was on the pill, if I took a pill and then didn't eat breakfast, I would feel a little nauseous, like really mild car sickness, for a few hours. I feel a little like that right now. I'm only 7 DPO. Maybe I am getting a cold?

ETA: I just noticed that there's like four of us in the 2ww right now, I think that is a PS record! Blenheim (4DPO), me (7DPO), mela (9DPO) and Amber (13 DPO)! Caaaazy! If our sample of four is truly random, then at least one of us should be knocked up this month! LOL Something tells me that "4 crazy ladies obsessed with diamonds" is not exactly a "random" sample
31.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh DD, I hope it's something a little less infectious!! I have a headache, but that may just be because I slept oddly. I had some crazy dreams last night, which made me toss and turn. That's what happens when you watch Indiana Jones and the last Crusade before bed.

So ladies, Any thoughts on your position in your cycle right now? never thought I'd say that.

And dd, totally crazy that we're all in the same group!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOO HOOOOOO NEATFREAK!!!!!!
emotion-19.gif
36.gif
36.gif
emstar.gif
9.gif
emotion-19.gif

That is so cool! 2 babes!

What was in your water that day?

Congratulations, going off to Preggo thread to check out he US.

So happy for u guys.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 11:37:28 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 5/21/2008 11:27:15 AM

41.gif

Well I don''t know if I get cranky but I do get distracted and I have little patience with DH. Okay, I get cranky
3.gif

So I don''t want to make too much of this, but right now I feel a little woozy. When I was on the pill, if I took a pill and then didn''t eat breakfast, I would feel a little nauseous, like really mild car sickness, for a few hours. I feel a little like that right now. I''m only 7 DPO. Maybe I am getting a cold?

ETA: I just noticed that there''s like four of us in the 2ww right now, I think that is a PS record! Blenheim (4DPO), me (7DPO), mela (9DPO) and Amber (13 DPO)! Caaaazy! If our sample of four is truly random, then at least one of us should be knocked up this month! LOL Something tells me that ''4 crazy ladies obsessed with diamonds'' is not exactly a ''random'' sample
31.gif

Oh that would be so amazing if one (or more) of us 2ww''ers were PG!!! I''d be so happy for them and I feel like that will keep me motivated for next cycle! :)

Wow. So little time to wait (for us all) but it''s passing soooooooooo sloooooooooooowly
24.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 12:21:24 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
emotion-19.gif
36.gif
36.gif
emstar.gif
9.gif
emotion-19.gif

So happy for u guys.

Thanks Lisa!!!! It''s very cool, but very overwhelming at the same time. There are a lot of pluses and minuses on both side, DH right now is all over the plus side category, while my more practical self is a bit worried about the negatives (mostly COST!).

But my DH is wonderful and I know he''ll be a very involved dad, so that will help a lot. Hopefully they will be as cute as Olivia!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m actually just 2dpo, not 4dpo. (Although I suppose that technically I should wait for one more high temp to say that.)

This is my first 2ww, and I''ve been having some of the same thoughts today that Mela Lu is. I keep thinking that I could be pregnant now, or I could not be. Although, really, I guess the most that I could have right now is a fertilized egg making its way to my uterus.

Amber, I probably would have tested by now if I were in your shoes. I''m not the most patient person in the world though.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I don''t even knoooooow where I am. I''ve still got post-hbc wackiness. But no temp spiking yet. So at least I know that.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 5:49:53 PM
I''m actually just 2dpo, not 4dpo. (Although I suppose that technically I should wait for one more high temp to say that.)

This is my first 2ww, and I''ve been having some of the same thoughts today that Mela Lu is. I keep thinking that I could be pregnant now, or I could not be. Although, really, I guess the most that I could have right now is a fertilized egg making its way to my uterus.

Amber, I probably would have tested by now if I were in your shoes. I''m not the most patient person in the world though.
...I have a question to further what Blenheim just mentioned. What day Past Ovulation does implantation typically occur? I feel like it''s day 10-12 but I could be wrong. I''ve done so much reading lately that everything is getting all garbled up in my brains.

thx!

ooh. one more question. Since AF is due on monday, when *could* I test that would still be reasonable? Is friday night too early? hahaha. We''re going out for dinner and I would want to know
27.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Mela Lu, I was actually reading up on that last night. I think that implantation typically occurs 6-12 dpo, but that it''s possible for it to occur earlier or later.

As to if Friday night''s reasonable, what really matters is dpo, not when your period is due. A woman with a really short luteal phase still has to wait the same amount of time as a woman with a long luteal phase for the egg to implant and her body to start releasing hormones, you know? When tests claim to give results "up to five days before your missed period", they''re assuming that you have a 14 day luteal phase, so that your period would have come on day 15, giving you possible results at 10 dpo. It''s possible but not that likely to get a positive at 9 dpo. I read one woman who claimed to get positives at 7 dpo for two pregnancies; it''s possible that she had early implantation or that she miscalculated her O date. If you do test early (which I guess means before your missed period), try not to drink much and hold it for 3-4 hrs beforehand so that your urine''s more concentrated.

Also, some tests are more sensitive than others. FRERs are among the most sensitive, from what I understand. If you want reviews of a particular brand, you can always check out http://www.peeonastick.com/.

I hope that some of my rambling helped.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 5:22:29 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/21/2008 12:21:24 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
emotion-19.gif
36.gif
36.gif
emstar.gif
9.gif
emotion-19.gif

So happy for u guys.

Thanks Lisa!!!! It''s very cool, but very overwhelming at the same time. There are a lot of pluses and minuses on both side, DH right now is all over the plus side category, while my more practical self is a bit worried about the negatives (mostly COST!).

But my DH is wonderful and I know he''ll be a very involved dad, so that will help a lot. Hopefully they will be as cute as Olivia!
I can''t even imagine!

But think you''ll be prepared for #3 or 4 - hahahaha.

For what its worth - I used to work in NICU and OB w/ high risk (that includes you now) only b/c of the multiples thing. And while no expert, have seen many a twin mommy!
and triplet mommy and guadruplet mommy!

They referred u to a perinatologist I hope?

Or maybe it''s still early.

Oh how exciting!!!!!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 8:42:05 PM
Mela Lu, I was actually reading up on that last night. I think that implantation typically occurs 6-12 dpo, but that it''s possible for it to occur earlier or later.

As to if Friday night''s reasonable, what really matters is dpo, not when your period is due. A woman with a really short luteal phase still has to wait the same amount of time as a woman with a long luteal phase for the egg to implant and her body to start releasing hormones, you know? When tests claim to give results ''up to five days before your missed period'', they''re assuming that you have a 14 day luteal phase, so that your period would have come on day 15, giving you possible results at 10 dpo. It''s possible but not that likely to get a positive at 9 dpo. I read one woman who claimed to get positives at 7 dpo for two pregnancies; it''s possible that she had early implantation or that she miscalculated her O date. If you do test early (which I guess means before your missed period), try not to drink much and hold it for 3-4 hrs beforehand so that your urine''s more concentrated.

Also, some tests are more sensitive than others. FRERs are among the most sensitive, from what I understand. If you want reviews of a particular brand, you can always check out http://www.peeonastick.com/.

I hope that some of my rambling helped.
Oh Blenheim - your so-called-rambling made SO MUCH sense! yes. THANKS. So I have a ''perfect'' 28 day cycle. pretty much without fail.

So, I can only guess at my O day (May 11) which would mean that 12dpo would be friday, non? I (rationally) know that I have to wait to miss AF to know for sure, but I have to admit, I''m feeling trigger happy
2.gif

Blen - you are very good at explaining things.
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results