shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

E B

Ideal_Rock
We''re actively TTC!

Right now, I''m at 17 DPO without AF or a positive pregnancy test. I''m going to go 18 days like TCOYF says, and if my temperature stays up, I''ll be getting a blood test on Saturday morning. Of course, since I''ve even mentioned the words "blood test", AF will probably come tonight. But who knows. I''m pretty angry at my body right now, though.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 10:07:10 PM
Author: EBree
We''re actively TTC!

Right now, I''m at 17 DPO without AF or a positive pregnancy test. I''m going to go 18 days like TCOYF says, and if my temperature stays up, I''ll be getting a blood test on Saturday morning. Of course, since I''ve even mentioned the words ''blood test'', AF will probably come tonight. But who knows. I''m pretty angry at my body right now, though.
Good luck Ebree, can you explain to me what DPO means?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m kind of a lurker in this thread (biding my sweet baby making time, oh the baby aches kill me!!), but I believe DPO means "days past ovulation", am I right?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kaleigh and Amber! It does mean days post ovulation.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
We''re actively TTC!

Right now, I''m at 17 DPO without AF or a positive pregnancy test. I''m going to go 18 days like TCOYF says, and if my temperature stays up, I''ll be getting a blood test on Saturday morning. Of course, since I''ve even mentioned the words ''blood test'', AF will probably come tonight. But who knows. I''m pretty angry at my body right now, though.

Ebree that is so exciting that you''re actively TTC!! Don''t be mad at your body. I''m sure it''s doing what it''s supposed to do. If only the language translation between you and your body was a little easier! But I''m sure that following TCOYF is a great help. Good luck vibes going your way for AF to stay away and get a positive test! 17 days late is a long time to be late, so maybe something is going on in there!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 11:14:40 PM
Author: sunkist

We''re actively TTC!

Ebree that is so exciting that you''re actively TTC!! Don''t be mad at your body. I''m sure it''s doing what it''s supposed to do. If only the language translation between you and your body was a little easier! But I''m sure that following TCOYF is a great help. Good luck vibes going your way for AF to stay away and get a positive test! 17 days late is a long time to be late, so maybe something is going on in there!!
May I ask one more question? What does TCOYF stand for. I apologize for my ignorance, just trying to catch up. And wishing you all luck in TTC.
1.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 10:47:55 PM
Author: AmberWaves
I''m kind of a lurker in this thread (biding my sweet baby making time, oh the baby aches kill me!!), but I believe DPO means ''days past ovulation'', am I right?

Hi Amber! I haven''t seen you around here in a while. Of course I don''t make it all over PS like I used to. I find I mainly stick to the Family, Home, & Health threads these days mostly because I too am baby obsessed and I don''t have as much time to browse all the forums like I used to. But I remember back when we were on LIW together
9.gif
Do you and hubby have a planned time to start TTC?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kaleigh, TCOFY is a book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I haven''t read it yet, but I gues it''s everything and more you need to know about fertility and women''s cycles. Lots of info for those trying to conceive and also to not get pregnant.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey Sunkist!! As you can see, I''ve been haunting the family and home section, too. Every now and then I go to BWW to see what''s going on over there. We''re planning on TTC around Aug./Sept./Oct., a little before our 1st anniversary, he''s hoping for a summer baby, so he won''t have to take time off while he''s teaching!! He''s such a kook.

How about you guys?

Ebree, good luck!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
EBree, how exciting that you're actively TTC! Don't be mad at your body, as it's your first cycle trying. It can take some time. I do understand what you're going through. The waiting is no fun. Good luck! Keep us posted!

We've been TTC for a few months now...going on cycle #4. The disappointment each month has been heartbreaking but I've been trying to not stress about it. It'll happen when it happens. I just hate worrying that something might be wrong with us.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Amber we''re planning on TTC in June/July. It seems a little far away but I bet it''s going to be here before I know it! We just had our 1st year anniversary in November so maybe (*fingers crossed*) by our 2nd anni we''ll have a baby on the way
36.gif
I can see your hubby has the birth all planned out! I love seeing how the guys get all into this baby stuff too. And speaking of how puppies/dogs are practice for kids, my DH has begun to hold our little doggy like a baby either craddled in his arms or up over his shoulder! He says it''s for practice
3.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2008 2:02:54 AM
Author: snlee
EBree, how exciting that you''re actively TTC! Don''t be mad at your body, as it''s your first cycle trying. It can take some time. I do understand what you''re going through. The waiting is no fun. Good luck! Keep us posted!

We''ve been TTC for a few months now...going on cycle #4. The disappointment each month has been heartbreaking but I''ve been trying to not stress about it. It''ll happen when it happens. I just hate worrying that something might be wrong with us.

Snlee, don''t stress! You''re just on cycle 4 of TTC, so odds are that it could happen very soon. I just ready this from an article online:

" "We found that couples who had intercourse every other day during their fertile days still had very high odds of conceiving" -- specifically, a 22 percent chance of conceiving per cycle, compared to 25 percent for those who had sex every day. However, couples who made love weekly reduced their chances of conception to 10 percent per cycle, since they were more likely to miss the key baby-making window of opportunity. "

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi, great to hear all the updates! Ebree--that''s exciting! have your temps stayed up this whole time? If so, that''s a good sign for sure. Do you know the length of your cycles yet, to see if this is norm length or not or if the O-date you''ve identified is in line w/previous months?

i started off knowing ZERO about TTC 3 mo''s ago, and know it''s all about the acronyms. it''s easy to catch on though!

snlee-don''t worry, 4 mo''s is not long. One thing I''ve learned from all the reading I''ve done is that you can do all the extras to try to increase your odds, but ultimately the best shot and most important thing is the simplest: to BD during your O-period, even if it''s just once! So just keep watching your charts and confirm O as much as possible, and then it really is just a matter of time. And probably not that much more time :)

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2008 3:39:06 AM
Author: sunkist

Date: 1/18/2008 2:02:54 AM
Author: snlee
EBree, how exciting that you''re actively TTC! Don''t be mad at your body, as it''s your first cycle trying. It can take some time. I do understand what you''re going through. The waiting is no fun. Good luck! Keep us posted!

We''ve been TTC for a few months now...going on cycle #4. The disappointment each month has been heartbreaking but I''ve been trying to not stress about it. It''ll happen when it happens. I just hate worrying that something might be wrong with us.

Snlee, don''t stress! You''re just on cycle 4 of TTC, so odds are that it could happen very soon. I just ready this from an article online:

'' ''We found that couples who had intercourse every other day during their fertile days still had very high odds of conceiving'' -- specifically, a 22 percent chance of conceiving per cycle, compared to 25 percent for those who had sex every day. However, couples who made love weekly reduced their chances of conception to 10 percent per cycle, since they were more likely to miss the key baby-making window of opportunity. ''
Hi All!
35.gif
Snlee - no need to worry, it will happen soon and even sooner if you''re not thinking/stressing about it (or so they say).
5.gif

That''s an intersesting article. So, it looks like BDing everyday gives you more odds - I had been envisioning doing it every other. What are you ladies doing?

The plan for us is to start in the summer - we are going to Europe for over 2 weeks so, it would be a great story to tell if we conceived while we were away.
31.gif

Question for you ladies - has anyone ever heard of or used Pre-Seed? I just heard about this last night while doing some research on fertility. I was reading TONS of reviews on the stuff and found that it really worked for a lot of women. The reason I''m asking is because I don''t seem to have a lot of EWCM (I know, TMI...LOL!) and I''m concerned my DH''s little guys won''t have much of shot without it. Just curious...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Snlee, I'm sure there's no need to worry, although I can't tell you not to, since I worry about everything. I worry that our kids will have heads too big to pass through the birth canal. Who worries about that??? Lord.

Good luck to those avidly TTC!!

Sunkist, I'll be right behind you in baby season- may I ask how old you are? We used to carry Woofie over our shoulder all the time! When we got him he was only 1lb2oz, and just TINY. Even now, when I take him outside I carry him (he has a bum knee) like that. I think he likes it.

Question to all the TTCers: do any of you have nights when you're so sure you can do this whole parent thing, just to wake up the next morning seriously doubting your abilities? That's what's been happening to me lately.
5.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies for all the kind words of encouragement! It''s so great to have a support system on here since we haven''t told anyone IRL that we are TTC.

I''ve been checking my CM. During my fertile period, we''ve BD daily or every other day. Hasn''t worked yet but with a 20-25% chance it should be only a matter of time.

bb, I''ve heard of Pre-Seed but haven''t given it a try yet. I want to try things naturally for a few months. Also the cost of all the HPT, OPK, Pre-Seed can add up fast! You can easily spend tons of money TTC.

Amber - too funny about the big head! I worry about that too! My husband''s head is larger than average so I pray that our baby''s head is small when they are born!!! About not being 100% ready for parenting...I feel the same way. During the last few months when I find out I''m not pregnant, I am really sad because I want a baby so badly. We are ready for this! But with that comes a tiny bit of relief, because I''m not ready for this! It is such a huge change and responsibility! I think it''s normal. You''ll never be 100% ready. You''ll learn and adjust as new challenges come.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2008 12:14:49 PM
Author: AmberWaves

Sunkist, I''ll be right behind you in baby season- may I ask how old you are? We used to carry Woofie over our shoulder all the time! When we got him he was only 1lb2oz, and just TINY. Even now, when I take him outside I carry him (he has a bum knee) like that. I think he likes it.

Question to all the TTCers: do any of you have nights when you''re so sure you can do this whole parent thing, just to wake up the next morning seriously doubting your abilities? That''s what''s been happening to me lately.
5.gif

Amber, I''ll be 27 next month. Your doggie''s name is Woofie? That''s so cute! Our cocker spaniel is Pepper.

Yes, there are times where I feel I''m not ready for this whole parenting thing. I get a little overwhelmed just thinking about all the responsibility. But I just know that I''ve always wanted it and I still do want it. Hardships will be mixed in with joys, and through my life I notice that I always seem to forget about the bad stuff and just remember the good. So, I''ll face what comes!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, yeah, his AKC name is Woofus II. Everyone calls him Woofie or Woofman. :) hehehe. I love that little guy!

As for the name Pepper, we were considering (Don''t laugh) that as a girl''s name!! It''s slightly shameful, but whatev!

I came up with a plan for how I''m going to manage the baby during the way, we''ll just go to my dad''s house.
1.gif
Not so he can watch the baby, but because he''s got a house free of neighbors, and it''ll be perfectly fine to have a crying baby there. And he''ll have better AC and heat there, too. Also because my dad loves babies, and mos. def. loves him some Woofie. He''s building a new guest room now, but we''re hoping to take it over as the nursery when the (god willing) time comes.

I wish us all luck in the next couple of months!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Amber, Pepper as a girls name is totally different, but I like it! Huh, I''m just letting it go over and over in my head. Ya, it''s cool!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the good luck wishes, everyone! Unfortunately, our first month TTC wasn't THE month. I just bought a Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor, though, and I'm really excited to start using it.

*Baby dust* to everyone else TTC!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi girls! Just wanted to pop in and tell you about my story since I just got our BFP on Thursday! I just got off BCPs last month in December after being on them for 10.5 years, and got pregnant just around 2 weeks after the first day of AF. When I took the First Response test, the double lines showed up almost immediately. I was totally shocked and shaking because I couldn't believe it. I was hoping to get pregnant soon, but didn't think it would happen this fast especially without my charting or temping. I was going to start charting and actively start TTC during my next cycle. I knew I was pretty regular prior to being on BCP, but never knew that my body would go back to normal so quickly like clockwork. I took a total of 3 tests (2 First Response) and 1 Clear Blue Digital all in the same evening. It all seemed pretty surreal to me still, especially seeing the word "Pregnant" on the digital test. My husband was out earlier that evening, and when he came back later, needless to say, he was quite shocked but thrilled. Here were some of my symptoms in case you guys are wondering if you need to test or not:

I tested 1 day after AF was expected.
Bad cramping for the 3 days (just like AF was coming).
I was so tired for the past couple of nights around 7 - 8 p.m. (which is very unlike me). I would just knock out right after dinner.
Sore bbs for the past 2 weeks or so.
I have been having very vivid dreams.

I now know that I ovulated 2 weeks prior because I had cramping for 4 days straight. So I guess my experience is like TravelingGal because she got pregnant 2 weeks after getting off the pill, which I did as well. I have our first doctor's appointment in 2 weeks. My EDD is September 24, 2008 right after my birthday!

Lots of baby dust to all you ladies who are TTC!
1.gif
Let me know if I can help in any way!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How exciting, Radiantgirl!!! Congratulations!! I posted in the other thread too....Its so nice to see you back, and I hope you stick around!!!
Best of luck at your dr.''s appt!!!
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hi soon to be mommies....my dh wants to start trying again this summer...our first son will be 2 in july....i don''t know if i''m ready to go back to the infant lifestyle yet, but i don''t want my kids to be far apart in age. i didn''t really think of how soon i''d want to try again until dh brought it up...for the 4th time..lol.. how did you know it was time to try for the 2nd?

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

I''ve been lurking on this thread for the last day or so as my DH and I have been TTC for the last year. I went off BC right after New Years of 07 after being on the pill for about 10 yrs. I was regular right away and my cycles were about 28 days. I had EWCM usually CD12-14. We took the nonchalant "we''re not trying but not preventing" attitude until about 3 months ago. I went for my yearly ob/gyn appointment in Sept and had some hormone tests done as well as the regular yearly fun tests and everything came out normal. I then had my next two cycles and they were both a week late and then Dec and Jan never came at all. (I should be excited, right?) 3 BFN''s later and now we''re heading to the Dr tomorrow morning to see what''s going on. I think he''s planning to do an internal ultrasound and possibly more blood work. I''m so very nervous! I''ve always been regular. If I have missed it was due to stress and I always at least spotted. Anyone else out there have or had experiences like this? I just feels like something bigger may be wrong.
33.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
EBree, sorry to hear the news. *hugs and baby dust*

Congratulations radiantgirl! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Loves2Laugh, good luck. I hope you find out what''s going on. I know it must be frustrating. Lots of baby dust to you!

NYC, that''s a very interesting question. Most of us on here are TTC our first but I''d be interested in what people think. I guess a big factor is how far apart you want your kids to be. But I can understand not being totally ready for a second...what a huge change!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Congratulations Radiantgirl - that''s fabulous news!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I''m looking forward to following your story over on the pregnancy thread!

Ebree - lots of baby dust coming your way! Keep us posted on how you like using Clear Blue Easy and if you find it helpful.

Loves2Laugh - my old roommate was similar to you. She had regular periods, but occassionally spotting or lateness due to stress (she was in law school at the time). Although she was never TTC, I know that she was never diagnosed with anything serious after going to her doctor numerous times. Lots of postive, healthy vibes to you!
36.gif

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the good vibes and baby dust! As I thought he would, Dr. did some more blood work and is sending DH for a SA then I go back next week for the internal ultrasound. I love my OB/GYN, he always puts my mind at ease. I''m one of those crazed women
32.gif
(as I see most of us here are) that like to have control and plan everything out. So, we''re going on with the first of many steps to see what''s going on and hopefully mother nature just steps in and says "there ya go, you''re pg! quit worrying!" I send baby dust and sticky vibes out to everyone! Thanks for letting me vent, DH has been wonderful it''s nice to have a forum like this for support.
36.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

I''ve been lurking for quite sometime now on this thread. I posted in the Pregnant PSer''s thread back in the day until we found out that we have MFI - low morphology to be exact. We decided when we found out (late ''06) that we would step back and take a break. Sometime in August/September, we decided that we seek ferility intervention. With time loss due to some miscommunication (his doctor didn''t tell his receptionist about the required referral letter to the fertility clinic) and with the help of a determined and fiesty receptionist, she got us a February 26th appointment.

So, all that being said, I don''t know what to expect on the first appointment. Can anyone shed any light or share what their first appointment was like? I was told by my doctor that our alternative would be IVF w/ICSI. Has anyone here have this procedure done and were you successful?

Anyways, until then we will still try on our own. Thanks for letting me share this with you all.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2008 8:06:36 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
hi soon to be mommies....my dh wants to start trying again this summer...our first son will be 2 in july....i don''t know if i''m ready to go back to the infant lifestyle yet, but i don''t want my kids to be far apart in age. i didn''t really think of how soon i''d want to try again until dh brought it up...for the 4th time..lol.. how did you know it was time to try for the 2nd?

NYC- someone asked this same question over in the preggo thread. I think it''s kinda decided the same way you decided you wanted your first. If you feel physically ready and emotionally ready, than go for it.

just wanted to wish all you other ladies TTC good luck....

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. More baby dust to those TTC, and lots of luck!! I''m just passing time waiting for our TTC season to arrive, and to pass the time I''m looking at diaper bags! I''ve found a couple that I think are so cute and just wanted to share.

If any moms read this post, do you think a bag 12x14x6.5 would be too small for a diaper bag? I heard one lady say that having a smaller bag just forces to only pack the necesities.

sunkistdiaperbag.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results