carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 2:09:21 PM
Author: janinegirly
hi, i''m no expert, but the dotted crosshairs means it''s not able to pinpoint O definitively, namely b/c you don''t have 3 high temps in a row. are you temping the same time everyday? looks like same thing happened last month.

i can''t identify why it backtracked O so many days, but maybe it''s b/c it''s taking into account secondary signs (EW,etc)? I''m trying to understand charting myself since I''m new to it too, so would like to hear what others think.

my other suggestion would be to buy an OPK next month so you have another tool to identify O and bettter understand your patterns.
I''m temping at 6 AM every morning. I expected last month to be kinda weird since it was my first cycle off of the ring. I just don''t get why me putting in my info this morning would make it think I Oed 10 days ago.

I hadn''t thought about OPKs since we''re not actually TTC yet. Might be a good idea to see if they correspond to the chart though.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
So as I suspected, I am not pregnant.

It''s strange going through the rollercoaster of emotions that is TTC. For about two weeks now, in all my spare time, I have been *nearly*-obsessively researching all things baby and waiting eagerly to see if our life was about to completely change. but, at least for now, life stays the same. and honestly, i''m a tiny bit relieved. i know you can never really be ready, but i feel like i have more time to read, research, learn and maybe renovate our kitchen
3.gif
before there''s a bun in the oven.

so my dh and i agreed that we''re not going to TTC this month, because he''s going to be off in colorado on a business trip (conveniently missing my firm''s holiday party -- suspicious planning me thinks) during what i believe to be my window.

after december we may start trying again. part of us wants to wait, but once you''ve started trying it''s tough to pull back, mentally/emotionally.

I also think that while i''m keeping track of my cycle generally, i''m not going to track temps until we have a few more months of failed attempts. i think others have voiced this opinion before, but i''d rather just let things take there course, at least in the beginning when i''m not feeling too desperate
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
lulu, I'm sorry! If it helps, you're not alone.

I'm on CD 34 with no period in sight. I had cramps a few days ago for a week, but they stopped. I'm now experiencing other lovely pre-AF/pregnancy symptoms I won't share. The chances that I'm pregnant are very, very slim, so having any symptoms at all without either a fetus or AF really, really sucks. I just hope AF decides to visit soon so we can start our first month of trying. Right now, if I even ovulate on day 14 of my next cycle, it's going to land RIGHT in the middle of our Christmas visit with our parents.

Yay.
20.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
lulu, sorry to hear. You sound just like me last month. During the 2WW, I obsessively researched about pregnancies and waited eagerly to see if our life was about to completely change forever. And when AF came, I was really bummed but a tiny bit relieved. It is such a huge responsibility! I also am planning not to track my temp for a while. I don't want to obsess over it and just let things happen when it does. I believe I know when I ovulate by checking my CM anyways so I hope that's good enough.

EBree, you weren't trying this cycle right? I hope your AF comes soon so you can start TTC! The waiting sucks big time!

No good news to report with me.
39.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 10:33:49 PM
Author: snlee

EBree, you weren't trying this cycle right? I hope your AF comes soon so you can start TTC! The waiting sucks big time!

This upcoming cycle will be our first cycle trying. I really wished we'd tried last cycle, since it was so picture perfect. I'm just worried my cycles will be irregular and figuring out when I ovulate will be that much more difficult. DH keeps reminding me that we're young and not in any hurry, which is true, but it doesn't help the cluckiness much.

Blah. I've never wanted my period to come so badly. Baby dust to you, lulu, and anyone else TTC!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. I know I''m not alone and that is really helpful!! And while we''re disappointed, I honestly think it''s for the best. Last night we were putting up christmas lights (we''re a tad late with our home decorating) and having a nice little evening and it kept going through my mind that we should just forget our best laid plans and pick back up with trying in Jan/Feb...so we talked about it and still no definitive conclusions. I guess we''ll just have to wait and see how we feel in January.

However, during my whole waiting post-BD, I got to thinking how evolutionary biology is tricky in the sense that if you really are emotionally invested and wishing and hoping that you''re pregnant, you''ll find out you''re not right at the time when your hormones are heightened and everything tends to feel a bit more sensative.

Ebree, here''s hoping AF comes a calling soon
3.gif

snlee, are you guys continuing on with the TTC or are you waiting a bit longer?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
try to put things in perspective--i''m on another board and there are so many ladies who''ve tried for years or are approaching the post 35 years after dozens and dozens of cycles, and it''s kind of heartbreaking. But they''re still positive and determined! So be grateful that that''s not even on the radar for most on this thread, and know that a one-shot miss is by no means anything to be concerned about! If anything it makes perfect sense!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 1:03:50 PM
try to put things in perspective--i''m on another board and there are so many ladies who''ve tried for years or are approaching the post 35 years after dozens and dozens of cycles, and it''s kind of heartbreaking. But they''re still positive and determined! So be grateful that that''s not even on the radar for most on this thread, and know that a one-shot miss is by no means anything to be concerned about! If anything it makes perfect sense!
Thanks janine for the reminder. I try to remind myself of this all the time! 2 months of trying is nothing compared to years and years of trying that people go through. It''s heartbreaking thinking about couples who have fertility issues and can''t conceive. It''s also hard trying yourself because every month it doesn''t happen there''s that "what if there''s something wrong with us" thought in the back of your mind. I try not to worry but it''s hard not to. Not being able to have a baby is one of my biggest fears.

lulu, we will continue to TTC. No waiting for us.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks janine, I think that we have it in perspective.

we have a lot of time and a lot of tries still in our future
9.gif
and fingers crossed, we''re healthy people. plus we were realistic about our chances this go-around.

I''m really liking my life right now. we have a great life. I have a wonderful husband. pretty super job. good friends. family. home. so all this baby-talk cuts both ways. like last night, putting up the lights, part of me was like "wouldn''t it be amazing to share our love with a child" while the other part of me is like "your lives are going so well, what are you doing turning them upside down."

snlee, hope that this cycle brings you and your man a little bundle!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 1:59:39 PM

Thanks janine for the reminder. I try to remind myself of this all the time! 2 months of trying is nothing compared to years and years of trying that people go through. It''s heartbreaking thinking about couples who have fertility issues and can''t conceive. It''s also hard trying yourself because every month it doesn''t happen there''s that ''what if there''s something wrong with us'' thought in the back of your mind. I try not to worry but it''s hard not to. Not being able to have a baby is one of my biggest fears.

lulu, we will continue to TTC. No waiting for us.
Lulu - I''m sorry to hear that you didn''t get a BFP, but since it was only your first try, you definitely need to stay positive. I fear that I might be one of those ladies who try and try and try with no success and I pray that it never happens to me. The fear will always be in the back of my mind though.

My friend who recently had a baby told me, "dont start thinking bad things already, just relax and it will happen when it''s supposed to. If you start getting all stressed about it, you''ll never get pregnant." I totally agree with her mentality and need to just go with the flow without all the stress!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
bb, love your new avatar! Your dog is so cute!!! I agree about trying not to stress and go with the flow. I try to think positive...it''ll happen when it''s supposed to!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
GREAT post, Janine! I''m gonna cut and paste it to refer to once we TTC.

Lulu- I''m sorry to hear your news. I can''t really imagine what you''re going thru, but isn''t it nice to be able to come here to share and vent? Sending you tons are baby vibes for next time!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 5:36:08 PM
bb, love your new avatar! Your dog is so cute!!! I agree about trying not to stress and go with the flow. I try to think positive...it''ll happen when it''s supposed to!
Thanks Snlee! I figured it''s time to take the wedding pic down. That''s our baby, Harry - all he needs now is a Santa hat! LOL! Well, 2008 could be a very exiting year for all of us TTC''ers and future TTC''ers! I can''t wait to follow everyone''s journey! It''s nice to come here and get the positive reinforcement needed to stay sane through it all!
3.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I swear this stuff is confusing! I thought I was so smart, but I think I will be buying a ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor! So this cycle has been my first natural cycle off of BC, so naturally it''s been long (I''m on day 38.) As soon as I went off BC I had the fake/BC bleeding, but I haven''t had a real period yet. So I have been temping/OPK testing all month to get an idea of my cycle. Well I got my first positive OPK on day 25 (I had been getting a little discouraged there, thinking I must have missed it and that OPKs dont work for me.) Well then day 37 and 38(today) -- again, positive OPKs ( I didn''t test between day 26 and 37.) Yesterday I guess I just tested for fun. I totally don''t see how I could have positive OPKs again??? I haven''t had my period yet. You can''t ovulate twice without a period, 12 days apart can you? Ha!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Lindsey, what exactly do the OPKs measure? On my second cycle off bc, my body prepared to ovulate at a majorly stressful time of the month (EWCM and everything) and then there was no temp rise. A week and a half later, it started to prepare for ovulation again, followed by an actual temp rise. I''m pretty sure that the stress caused delayed ovulation. If the OPKs measure hormones that occur just before ovulation, it''s possible that something like that happened. If they measure hormones that happen just afterwards, then that can''t be it.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone. with the new year coming up, i thought i''d say hello :) we''ve been married for a year on the 12th of january and are renewing our vows on may 31st. the minute that celebration is over, we''re off to bed ;-) we''ve been wanting to try for the greater part of the year, but want to get the vow renewal over first. it''s been tough though and my impatience is reaching an all time high. :) DH''s too. We lay in bed at night and agonize and wish we could start our family yesterday. But. . . my dress for the renewal is. . .ahem. . .fitted. we''re officially trying after the ceremony (unless I O right before, then we''ll go for it) and we''re really excited. i''ve been on prenatals for about a month so that i could be on them for six months before. only 5 months to go! we''re over the moon excited (as are my parents. it''ll be their first grandchild). i haven''t been on BCP for about 6 months as my side effects were horrific! We use FAM at the moment and it''s going really well. I''m the FAM expert as I used it before for years. So if you have any questions, let me know.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hello, TTC ladies!

Well, after a longer than expected cycle, today marks CD 1 of our first cycle trying! I am on cloud 9. Let the BDing begin!
9.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
I havent participated much on this thread, but have been following everyones story..

just wanted to wish everyone good luck and Ebree good luck to u too!!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck EBree!

As for me, looks like the baby making is in hold for a while! I just got the chance to go to Alaska for 3 months for my job, and since it will be over the summer, I don''t want to be 6 months pregnant in Alaska all by myself! So we may try right before I leave, and see what happens
1.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
YAY Ebree!!! That is sooooo exciting!!!!
36.gif
Be sure to check back in with us and let us know how things are going. Is anyone else trying???

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the good luck vibes! After my long cycle (42 days), I decided that charting right away was probably a good idea, so I purchased a 3 month membership at FF and it's awesome! I've already joined a couple of TTC groups in the communities, and it's fascinating to see what your waking temperature says about how your body is functioning. I've already recorded 2 temps.

Around day 40 of this last cycle, I was pretty down. DH presented me with a surprise gift: a brand new copy of TCOYF. I was originally going to check one out from the library, but he wanted me to have my own so I could take my time reading it. As for his reading material? He's on his second book about pregnancy, called "How to Make a Pregnant Woman Happy."

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about.
9.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Ebree, your hubby is on board! That''s so cute that he''s reading books about babies and even pregnancy! You''re one lucky woman
2.gif
Wishing baby dust for you and hubby!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
More baby dust for ebree!

I''ve been checking this thread here and there but have not posted as there''s really nothing to report. But I do have some news... I am going off the pill- taking my last one tomorrow! We''re not planning to TTC for a couple of months (springtime), but thought it would be a good idea to start getting it outta my system. Plus, I also want to begin charting and need to have things in working order for it to be legit.

How''s everyone else doing?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 3:04:51 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
More baby dust for ebree!

I''ve been checking this thread here and there but have not posted as there''s really nothing to report. But I do have some news... I am going off the pill- taking my last one tomorrow! We''re not planning to TTC for a couple of months (springtime), but thought it would be a good idea to start getting it outta my system. Plus, I also want to begin charting and need to have things in working order for it to be legit.

Oh how weird. I could have written that post. I am taking my last one tomorrow too. How funny! Exact same reasons. I don''t plan to tell ppl (here or in real life) when we start TTC - too much pressure - but I do want to get the pill out of my system so that when we''re ready, my body is ready too. I hope it goes well for the both of us!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone. just wanted to wish you good luck this cycle. i''m in the 2 week wait. haha. We wanted to wait until after the renewal ceremony, but my DH said let''s go for it. Didnt have to tell me twice! :) He wants to be a father so badly, so we figured we might as well give it a go. Not really good timing as I think I O''d already, but it was nice to BD sans condom for once. :) We''ll see what happens and will be at peace with a BFP or a BFN. Just trying to let things go the way they want to :)

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I''d post a little TTC update... nothing exciting to report though, I''m sorry to say!!
40.gif
I''ve been off birth control since October, but only had 2 full cycles... 36 and 37 days... UGH. Not temping, so not sure if I''m ovulating... and this last period was a mess... tons of spotting, hard to even tell what day it officially started. So right now I should be around cycle day 10, which means possibly ovulating within the next 2 weeks... fingers crossed!! I''d planned on using OPKs, but the package hasn''t arrived in the mail yet and we''re leaving for a week vacation tomorrow... so looks like we''ll be guessing.

On the emotional front: As much as I am looking forward to a child, I do love and appreciate our life as it is, sans-baby... so I think it will be a few more months before I officially become a TTC-fanatic. Almost all of our couple friends have announced they are beginning to TTC with the new year, however, so I''m sure as those pregnancy announcements start rolling in, I''m going to start to get anxious!! DH is officially no holds barred, full speed ahead, ready to go... he keeps asking what''s going on with my cycle and when it will be time to try, and when I explained that many people go with an "every other day" approach, he announced we would be trying every day. We''ll see how long that lasts!!
26.gif

OK sorry if any of this was TMI, it''s just nice to be able to share these things with people who understand! We are definitely keeping our TTC a secret from our families and friends... only my best friend knows that we''re off BC at this point. In fact, my dad is my pharmacist, so he is still providing me with my monthly Nuvaring... haha.
12.gif
Which is good, because he is the one most desperate for a grandchild... and this will make it even more exciting for him when it finally does happen!

Lots of babydust to everyone else trying...........

E B

Ideal_Rock
How are all the PS TTCers doing?

I'm on CD 12, with possible O yesterday or any time now (I had EWCM last night!). I've been sick with a cold for 3 days, though, on top of traveling and the holidays, so my chart is insane. Hopefully FertilityFriend will be able to make sense of the craziness.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year!!

Hope that everyone had wonderful holidays with friends and family.

Just checking in to the thread. I *think* that DH and I are going to wait until the spring/summer, as originally intended, before we start TTC. We missed our december window because he was out of town and with the chaos of the holidays, job, house, etc. i think that our original plan feels better. BUT, who knows what tune we''ll be singing when my january window comes around
2.gif

It''s great to read how supportive our respective husbands are! My man is great. totally on board, but even more importantly excited! it''s nice to have an actual partner!

In great news, I''m an aunt!!! My very first nephew came into this world between snow storms up in Vermont! We''re planning on going up this coming weekend to meet the little man, but i''ve seen tons of pictures already and perhaps i''m biased, but he is a cutie!!

To everyone else trying or waiting good luck! I''ll think good thoughts for you!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone,

i''ve been off bcp for 2 mo''s now, tracking on FF (temping only really) to get a sense of my cycle. Things seem pretty regular. Exactly 27 days for 2 months in a row. So I guess we can officially TTC at anytime now.

MY TMI question of the day is should TTCin''g couples be BDing every day or EOD once in the predicted fertile period (which is 5 days on FF). Does anything change if using an OPK? Thanks...I''m still learning :)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies, I wonder if I could have some advice... What''s the best thermometer for temping, and where can I get it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results