shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
MP, I am so glad to hear E is becoming more easygoing! That must've been so difficult to struggle with his tantrums (on top of sleep deprivation & all of the other adjustments you have to make as a new parent!) I hope the transition to being a working mom is going as smoothly as possible.

As for the pill, it's funny, as much as it was odd & sad to start taking it again, I was sort of looking forward to my body going back to "normal" (at least what it was before we started the TTC journey). While it has helped somewhat with the hair loss, the spotting was unexpected. I'm trying to learn not to expect anything as there have been surprises at every turn! :tongue:

As for your taking the bcp, it does seem odd to bother since it took some assistance to conceive E, but I have a good friend who had to undergo 2 rounds of IVF to conceive her first (adorable) daughter, only to conceive her second (adorable) daughter 6 weeks after giving birth to her first. It was a hole in one on New Year's Eve after they'd been told they couldn't possibly conceive naturally. So, you never know...

Anyway, I guess I'm hijacking too, but it's really good to chat with you. I've missed you & all of my other friends here. ::)

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Great to hear from you Bright. You will love South Africa. I went for 2 weeks in 2006 and had an amazing time. Start another post if you have any questions. We went to Jo-burg, Kreuger, Cape Town, and Madikwe Game Reserve. Wishing you the best in 2013.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Aw Bright!!!!! Hi!!!!!!!

The story about your friend is amazing and :-o wow I bet she has her hands full!

So, I talked to the RE today and DH and I talked about all this tonight. Financially and logistically, I don't know how we would even start to handle ART. Even just IUI with injectibles would cost us $5000-$10,000 out of pocket and be at least 5 office visits...plus, we really weren't totally feeling at peace about going that route.

Dh and I are both going to start taking CoQ10, we are going to try and de-stress our life as much as possible, and I am going to keep going with the accupuncture.

We'll reevaluate this summer and see if we feel any differently re ART as well as if we are ready to start another adoption.

DH and I are finally both on much closer pages about adoption. :appl: He finally opened up and said that in his ideal world, we'll welcome a child through pregnancy and then a year or two after that adopt again. He just really would like to try to get pregnant for another 6-12 months before we start talking about adoption for our second child. I am totally ok with that as the thought of work, MBA, and 2 kids was definitely feeling scary when I really thought about it.

So, our new plan is that I will finish the MBA this year, we'll keep trying to get pregnant, and we'll discuss adoption again this summer.

I am totally fine with that :love:

Our new supplement regimes will be:

Me:
Floradix (iron and herbs) 10 ml once a day
1 Rainbow light prenatal vitamin
3 Rainbow light gummy vitamin C (totals 250 mg)
1 tsp Now foods liquid chlorophyll
2 tsp Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Royal Jelly in Honey
CoQ10 ubiquinol 200mg/daily

DHEA I am still researching and trying to decide if I want to take--I am leaning towards no b/c I feel like we've just started to get my hormones on the right path...

DH:
FertilAid for Men 3 capsules daily
CoQ10 ubiquinol 200mg/daily

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
JGator, thanks, lady! I'd love to hear about your trip to South Africa & get some travel advice! I'll post a separate thread in "around the world."

Bella, I'm so glad to hear you & your DH have a plan to move forward that makes you both happy. :appl: That's great that your cycles are finally regular too. Sounds like you're in a really good place. Stay warm & dry today!

Hi to everyone else!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies!

It's so nice that this thread is lively again! :)) now let's clear it out!! :bigsmile:

Bella, I'm excited for your plan. I love that you and your DH are on the same page ttc/adoption wise. That makes the journey a lot less painful, at least in my opinion from the brief period of time way back when that DH wasn't ready to ttc yet. Your supplement list sounds good! I'll have to look at some of what you have mentioned. The rj you're taking is the same one I'm on. It's not bad, just super sweet.

Bright, hope you have a good day!

Ltl, it's baseline day for you, lots of dust!!!

Take care ladies, hope everyone has a fantastic day. :))

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies! I haven't been the best PSer as of late, but I dropped in today and caught up a bit on what you are all up to.

I am so excited to read that you all have some great plans in place for the next few months... I will keep reading. Please know that I am cheering you on and excited for good things to happen for all of you this year!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Bella, have you had Fertilitea? I know major changes happened with that tea for me.

And yay for being on the same page with the hubs! That will aid in stress relief in itself!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Curly, thank you for dropping in to say hello!

Fisher, I have been meaning to try that tea, I wonder if the place I get my RJ from sells it. Hmmm....

AFM: close enough to positive OPK today, which is a day earlier than anticipated (I'm CD13). So I'm off to get my follie scan and trigger shot in a little over an hour. If all goes well, the IUI will be tomorrow! :errrr: The good news to come out of the surprise surge is that I found out there's an office that's only 15 minutes from my work, and within walking distance from the public transit that I use! Woohoo for not having to sit in traffic for 2+ hours on treatment days! :tongue:

While I'm excited about this and feeling positive, I have to admit I'm SUPER nervous. I hope I get two good follies this month, this next hour is going to crawl!! Please toss some dust my way, if so inclined. ::)

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo, Tammy! All my "dust" is headed your way! The whole process is so nervewracking, but exciting at the same time. Keep us posted!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tammy, sending lots of dust your way!

Bright, it's so good to see you back. I hope your funding comes through soon and you enjoy your adventures in the meantime!

Bella, I've been thinking of you and I'm so happy that you and DH have a plan. I hope 2013 brings you wonderful things!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
All things considered, I think that I had a decent appointment! I had only one follicle (boooo), but it was on the correct side and a whopper at 25mm! My lining was 8.3, so again pretty much perfect. She seems to think that we have a pretty good shot and said that she sees women with my stats getting pregnant all the time. So, tomorrow I go in at 11:30 for my iui! It'll be 22 hrs after my trigger, but with the size of the follicle and the fact that I am already getting pretty close to my surge, I *think* the timing will be fine. We shall see, right?!

Oh and I asked her about my AFC today. She said that she for sure could see three, but that there might be more that are being blocked by that big one! Considering I only had two total on my CD3 AFC 6 weeks ago, I'll call that an improvement. I don't know if it's luck, or the RJ starting to kick in but I'm happy and hopeful that future cycles (if needed) will produce more than one good egg.

Thank you for the well wishes! :mrgreen:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck today Tammy! Sending truck loads of sticky dust your way.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, JGator! I think it went pretty well and overall not nearly as bad as I'd imagined it'd be. We learned a bit of info that makes me more hopeful yet that an IUI will help us out. I go in for my beta on 2/1/13. They told me not to test early, but how the heck am I really going to resist peeing on things once 10 dpo rolls around? I really want to test out my trigger for some sick reason and I have a truckload of wondfos. Besides, it'd be nice to see something other than one line for a change, even if it is just the shot. :devil:

In other news, I figured out what stone I'm going to put in a RHR antique setting that I picked up recently on DB. It's a sweet little green tourmaline that looks really good in the setting! I had forgotten that I bought them and when I was milling around nervously this morning I found the pair. I'm sad to break them up but I'm sure I'll find something to do with the other one. :)

Hope everyone is doing well and HAPPY FRIDAY!! :bigsmile:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Tammy - Good luck. I am glad everything went well for you. If you do decide to test at home, try to not get too down if it is negative as the serum quant HCG's go much lower than the urine HCGs. One follicle is all you need!

Bella - I am glad you and your husband are on the same page, and hope your new regimen works out for you.

Bright - Welcome back. I am so sorry you IVF was delayed. But I hope you enjoy your vacation. As you know, I went to France instead of doing an exploratory surgery, my doctor was one of the biggest advocates for me going and waiting a little longer. It was one of the best decisions I made. I really hope the same is true for you, and that you can relax and check out of reality for a little while.

So, the IVF process. This is way more intense than the IUI. I am not sure I fully understood what I am getting myself into. I think I almost had a panic attack on Wednesday. I am lucky that one of the head docs at my work is an OB. He gave me lots of reassurance that holding on the surgery and going this route was the best decision for me and the company I am working for.

My baseline US was good. I have a new doctor this cycle. My doctor is out for the month, which is disappointing because he knows me so well, and this guy was clearly reading my chart on the fly. But I know my doctor figured out my protocol before he left, and I have herd wonderful things about this doctor, so not too worried. I am going to be doing 2-3 injections a day until the trigger, and than after the retrieval I am going to be doing IM progesterone daily for 2-8 weeks. I also have to do steroids around the time of the retrival, so I am going to be super moody :o. I am sad they banned my power yoga. Of course the heated room is a no no (I saw that coming), but I also cannot do any exercise that involves jumping or twisting starting late next week. What they said is that my ovaries are going to get really big, and I could twist them (this is called ovarian torsion and you could loose the ovary). I verified that with the OB at my work, he said "sounds about right."

Gave my first follistim injection this morning, and have a micro HCG shot this afternoon. Going to a yoga class at a non-heated yoga studio. I figure they said I will be fine until late next week. Next appointment is Wednesday morning.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Tammy and Firecracker, just checking in to send you my best wishes. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of you!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you MP,

I had a follow up on Wednesday. I think I had 11-12 follicles. Most were 10mm, and one was 9, one was 12. They adjusted my meds, and I go in tomorrow.

The meds are feeling a bit stronger this time. I am bloated with some cramps. I go back tomorrow morning, they are looking at a Mon-Tues retrieval.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies!

Ltl, how's it going? Thinking positive thoughts for you, and for everyone else!

I'm 9dpo, 10 dptrigger. There's still a hair of a shadow but I'm close enough to bfn now to call it completely out of my system as of this morning. Now I can hold my breath hoping it fades back in! I'm not expecting it to work the first time, but oh I hope it does.

Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday! ::)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Tammy,

I am holding out for you! When do you have the serum HCG drawn????

AFM, had my appointment today. The doctor predicts I may have 12-16 eggs! I trigger tonight at around 11 (tomorrow is going to be painful at work I normally go to bed at 9), and have my retrieval on Tuesday morning. I am excited and nervous.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I've been MIA (thanks for all the good wishes sent earlier) - just wanted to pop in to send good wishes to Tammy!! Hope you get good results in the next few days!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Ltl, that's awesome news!!! Major fertilization dust for you. ::)

Sha, great to "see" you and thank you for the positive thoughts. I hope they work! Hehe

I think wondfos are too sensitive. The stinkers are still lingering at 11 dptrigger. I wish they'd put me out of my misery and either get darker or go away. I'm going to go cross eyes staring at them! :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AFM, had my appointment today. The doctor predicts I may have 12-16 eggs! I trigger tonight at around 11 (tomorrow is going to be painful at work I normally go to bed at 9), and have my retrieval on Tuesday morning. I am excited and nervous.[/quote]

LtlFirecracker:

Wishing you the BEST of success!!

cheers--Sharon

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, it's a 2ww times 10, isn't it? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! I didn't test out my trigger, so I'm no help there. I tested for the first time on 12dpiui (14dp trigger) and got an extremely faint line on a digital test (which led to all sorts of drama, if you remember!). I don't think I even saw a line on the wondfo until at least 2 days later. I'm so hoping that line never fades and keeps getting darker! Hang in there.

Firecracker, yay! All kinds of dust headed your way for a successful retrieval and that you have some super healthy embryos to implant!

Thinking of the rest of you! And so hoping 2013 is a fruitful year!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Mp I remember your ordeal! Super glad I was right! Hehehe

So, yeah. Either my body has reached a new level of cruel by clinging to that shot, or um, it's something more. I'm still way too cautious, but the pink is definitely more noticeable since yesterday. Evenings are always stronger, but it was pretty obvious this morning too. My temp is steady, but I'm only 11 dpo so that could change tomorrow. I'm so nervous and scared to get my hopes up, but could it really be the trigger if the lines were all but gone and no color to them 3 days ago now? I've taken some progression pics but can't post them from my phone. I'll try to post them later if anyone cares to see and try to help me reason with myself, lol.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Eek! Tammy, I'm feeling cautiously optimistic for you. Obviously, you need to wait a few more days to be sure, but this sounds very promising! Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MP! Reading al the true bfp stories for ladies 12 dpt is boosting my hopes too much. I need to calm down just in case it's still the trigger. :errrr:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tammy, I've been thinking about you. I really hope this is it!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, here I go...I REALLY hope I'm not jinxing myself, ugh!

The progression pic with the most tests is from 1/27, 9 dpo; 10 dpt. The top two are from 1/26 pm, middle two are from 1/27 am/noon and the bottom two are from early evening/late evening. I know it's ridiculous, but my trigger was so close to out that I couldn't help myself. :oops: Please don't judge!!! On the ones where there's a shadow of a line, it took beyond the 10 min to show up.

The progression pic with three is from yesterday, 10 dpo; 11 dpt. Top is am, middle is around 6pm and bottom is around 11pm. Now, ALL of the pics up to this point were taken past the 10 minute mark, but the smaller series ones came up at or around 10 min.

The solo pic is one from this morning, 11 dpo; 12 dpt SMU w/3hr hold. The pic was taken AT the 10 min mark, but the line started to show up around 3 minutes and was very obvious by 5. The line is also more obvious in person than in the picture.

So, help me out here please. Do I have reason to get excited/hopeful or is it really possible for this to be the trigger still lingering? If it looks like a true bfp, is that a respectable line for 11 dpo? I've noticed that my evening tests are always darker than the morning, so I'm sure I'll be peeing on things again tonight. :rolleyes:

Holy crap, this is nerve wracking! It's been a very long 16 months, I really truly hope this is real and it sticks. My beta isn't until Friday, how am I going to wait that long?! :lol:

jan_27_10_dpt.jpg

jan_28_11_dpt.jpg

jan_29_12_dpt.jpg

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
JGator|1359484540|3366601 said:
Um..that's a line!!! Congrats!! Sending truckloads of sticky dust your way!

ETA - look at how light mine was at 12 days post trigger (10 or 11 DPO)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-official-ttc-thread.71510/page-678']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-official-ttc-thread.71510/page-678[/URL]

Holy crap, it does! Thank you so much for showing me that! :bigsmile: I did put an email in the RE to beg for an "early" beta. Here's hoping they indulge me, haha. I see that you had a positive digi the next day. Here's hoping I can follow in your footsteps. :halo:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If judging by the middle pic, the line is certainly getting darker and a very *respectable* line for 11dpo for sure. I'm getting excited...a little optimism never hurt anyone, right? I know your Beta isn't until Friday but I think you'll have a darn good idea of the outcome before then. I can't wait to check back in tomorrow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results