shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official 2010 Winter Olympics Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 10:26:53 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 2/24/2010 10:22:15 PM
Author: hlmr

Date: 2/24/2010 10:11:14 PM
Double congratulations to Canada''s two-women bobsleigh teams - taking gold and silver tonight!!
Yes, and to Clara Hughes with the bronze earlier today!!
36.gif
I was out for most of the day today, so I missed this event.

I''m snuggling in for the day tomorrow though. I''m off to check what''s on the docket for tomorrow. I think it''s the ladies hockey final amongst other notable events.
Yes, it should be a very exciting game!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the docket for tomorrow folks!

Thursday olympic schedule.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Just when you thought it couldn''t get any better, now I hear that the Canadian Women''s short track 3000 metre relay team took silver. I hear that the Korean team was disqualified (knocked off the top slot too), but I don''t know why. Gotta feel sorry for the Korean girls.

So I make that A gold, two silvers and a bronze for Canada today.

Go Team Canada - Well done!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Did you find the Joannie SP video? Lots of pictures out there but very little video. Probably some kind of copyright laws.

Best I could find for you was on the NBC site:
Joannie Rochette

Treefrog

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 10:43:48 PM
Just when you thought it couldn''t get any better, now I hear that the Canadian Women''s short track 3000 metre relay team took silver. I hear that the Korean team was disqualified (knocked off the top slot too), but I don''t know why. Gotta feel sorry for the Korean girls.

South korea short track relay team totally got screwed!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just watched the German's women's bobsled team crash...
6.gif

Seriously, I can't even imagine what must go through your head if you're ejected from a sled on a solid ice track at 90 mph!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 1:41:58 AM
Author: VRBeauty
I just washed the German''s women''s bobsled team crash...
6.gif

Seriously, I can''t even imagine what must go through your head if you''re ejected from a sled on a solid ice track at 90 mph!
That was a scary moment, huh?

I imagine that it''s something along the lines of, "$#!+ DON''T DIE!"

Well, that would be what I bet I''d be thinking.
32.gif

Ever since Nodar crashed, every time a skeleton, bobsled or luge athlete takes a tumble, I''m sitting there freaking out and holding my breath.
15.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
congratulations, lydia lassila, on taking gold for Australia in the women''s freestyle aerials!

that is one jaw dropping competition!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 11:56:50 PM
Author: treefrog
Did you find the Joannie SP video? Lots of pictures out there but very little video. Probably some kind of copyright laws.

Best I could find for you was on the NBC site:
Joannie Rochette

Treefrog
Thanks Treefrog,

I couldn''t watch it because it''s not playable if you live outside the US. But it did make me think to go to the CTV site and I found her skate there. Very emotional. She''s such a brave girl.

Thank you for looking for me!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 1:21:11 AM
Author: zhuzhu

Date: 2/24/2010 10:43:48 PM

Did you see the race zhuzhu? I''m trying to find it on-line. I did read that a Korean girl impaired another skater. I''m sure it wasn''t deliberate, so it does seem harsh.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 8:01:37 AM
Author: whitby_2773
congratulations, lydia lassila, on taking gold for Australia in the women''s freestyle aerials!

This is an event I missed seeing. I have just seen Lydia''s jump on-line. It looked flawless. Well done Lydia.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 10:19:26 PM
Date: 2/24/2010 1:13:06 PM

Author: icekid

Seriously, good for her! It takes an incredible amount of strength to put out a performance like that under such duress. However, she received some pretty inflated scores. Oh well! Figure skating at its best
2.gif

Really? I respect your judgement icekid, and I am no expert, but I watched all those women skate and I felt she placed exactly where she deserved. If she had have placed higher I would agree with you.

Hehe, figured the Canadians might take exception to my comment
2.gif
I think third place for her skate was reasonable, but still think were actual score was higher than the skate warranted.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 8:01:37 AM
Author: whitby_2773

She was freakin'' amazing!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 9:53:21 AM

Date: 2/25/2010 1:21:11 AM
Author: zhuzhu

Did you see the race zhuzhu? I''m trying to find it on-line. I did read that a Korean girl impaired another skater. I''m sure it wasn''t deliberate, so it does seem harsh.
I actually missed watching this and I did see a few quick clips on TV this morning, so I''m not sure how ''fair'' the DQ was. HOWEVER, I did watch the Koreans skate in other races and they''re VERY aggressive. Both men and women. I saw a lot of pushing, touching and holding back. So I wonder if that was a ''last straw'' call?

That said, I also read that the referee who DQ-ed them, also DQ-ed another Korean speed skater in Turin. So there are apparently some rumous about a possible personal issue?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 2:16:54 PM

Date: 2/24/2010 10:19:26 PM

Date: 2/24/2010 1:13:06 PM

Seriously, good for her! It takes an incredible amount of strength to put out a performance like that under such duress. However, she received some pretty inflated scores. Oh well! Figure skating at its best
2.gif

Really? I respect your judgement icekid, and I am no expert, but I watched all those women skate and I felt she placed exactly where she deserved. If she had have placed higher I would agree with you.

Hehe, figured the Canadians might take exception to my comment
2.gif
I think third place for her skate was reasonable, but still think were actual score was higher than the skate warranted.
Saw your post to me in the other thread, and you definitely know more about figure skating than me considering your background! On second thought, her total score was probably a few points higher - but her placing on third was spot-on especially when compared to the rest of the skaters that followed. I wonder if her few extra points would make much of a difference in the total? I doubt it, but I suppose we''ll soon find out.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Anyone on here IN Vancouver other than myself? It's been pretty interesting to say the least...... I was going to take time off but couldn't afford it so am working part-time to get out of the city before the crowds come (I work downtown and live in the 'burbs). I had to laugh at myself yesterday as I was leaving work to go home. I was thinking to myself "I wonder WHERE the cauldron is exactly?" (with the flame. I knew it was at "Jack Poole Plaza" but I wasn't sure exactly where that was on the waterfront). As I was standing there wondering this waiting to cross the street I looked to my left and there it was! LOL About two blocks down the street from where I was standing! I had walked down this street every day for weeks and hadn't looked down there so I hadn't noticed it! This gigantic thing with four arms and a big kettle on top with flames shooting out of it! Kind of funny..... DUH...... what a dork......

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
The puck drops in about 20 minutes for the final of the women''s hockey. Canada vs. US.

Good luck to everyone playing.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 6:12:06 PM
The puck drops in about 20 minutes for the final of the women''s hockey. Canada vs. US.

Good luck to everyone playing.

We are excited for the game! Is it wrong that the women kind of remind me of kids playing hockey though?
12.gif
Should be a good one! Good luck to our formidable opponent
9.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Let''s go ladies!
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 6:59:25 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Let''s go ladies!
36.gif
Whoa. Did you guys see the punch exchange that just happened?! I''ve never seen that in women''s hockey!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
No love lost between these two teams. I doubt it will be the last punch either.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 7:23:07 PM
Author: kama_s

Let''s go ladies!
36.gif

Whoa. Did you guys see the punch exchange that just happened?! I''ve never seen that in women''s hockey!

Yeah, I did.
38.gif
Lot''s of animosity between these two teams.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 7:29:49 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 7:23:07 PM
Author: kama_s

Let''s go ladies!
36.gif

Yeah, I did.
38.gif
Lot''s of animosity between these two teams.
Yes, it is brutal! Worse than the men!

My little sister is watching it live!! She is loving it!!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 7:34:41 PM

Yes, it is brutal! Worse than the men!

My little sister is watching it live!! She is loving it!!!!
Lucky! I'm so jealous of all my friends in Vancouver.

I think I might be the only one (/girl) who admits to loving fights in hockey. I always tell people that if I were to play hockey, I'd be the one responsible for breaking out the fights a la Tie Domi
3.gif
Okay, kidding about the Domi bit, but a few soft punches really revs up the game.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
yippee10.gif
yippee10.gif
yippee10.gif
Gailey doing the happy dance!

2-0 at the end of the second period.

Go team Canada!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I''m just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!

Well done ladies.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s all good!! Enjoying everything!

cheers--Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
God Bless Shannon Szabados. I lost count after 15 saves!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Just had to pop in to say good game ladies! Quite the goaltending match. It was certainly a well-deserved win for the Canadian women. And wow, there was definitely plenty of animosity to go around. Love the spiritedness
36.gif
Congrats!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I''m just watching Team US get their silver medals and I feel gutted for them, even though I am happy for our girls. Can you imagine how awful it must feel that you aren''t happy at getting an Olympic silver medal? They played hard and well.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results