shape
carat
color
clarity

The need for new pearls

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok definatly laughing :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2:
im.going to lower the tone of this whole forum down below basement level :lol-2:
an arts and crafts type project and i am definatly not talking about the movement :lol-2:
but rather just some filler to sew onto a top for that cheapo braclete i brought at Christmas im going to sew onto the neck of something ? out of my wardrobe :lol-2:
i want the bright green and purple ones :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What cheery colors! =)2

that's probably the nicest thing possible that can be said about those :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2:
(so thank you =)2 )
i can hear Gary saying i look like a clown with anything i do with the $12 trade me (NZ ebay) xmas braclete i brought those really bright ones for (its just a bit lean in places - because hello ! it was only $12 :lol-2:

someone did suggest i make an xmas candle holder and i think in the cold reality of the next day this is probably the best idea (except my xmas decorations are usually lime and orange)
i briefly though about sewing it onto a wide robbon and making a choker but where am i going to wear that ? :lol-2:
fancy dress ?
getting back to clown territory :lol-2:

maybe i go check out the local hospice shop and look for a handbag or a denam jacket to sew it onto ? (not wanting to risk something of my own :lol-2: )
i did think about a beanie - but i hate beanies :lol-2:

do you remember the bedazler advertized on tv about 30 years ago ?
my best friend banned me from having one because she knew i would bedazzle everything with sparkly rhinestones :lol-2:
so you see its getting back to the clown thing again :lol-2:

its dyed freshies and raw peridot , amethyst and i think rose quartz beads
but you know ive had quite a lot of pleasure just looking at it these last 6 months =)2 for no other reason than i like the colours - its been sitting under the tv -so ive had $12 worth of pleasure out of just looking at it but sometimes i know just occasionally my taste is all in my ar*e :lol-2:
20220716_174128.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220716-175730.png
    Screenshot_20220716-175730.png
    855.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, I think it is lovely. It is like a warm spring day all in one necklace. (It would be lovely as a hairband too, for a bridesmaid).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I think it is lovely. It is like a warm spring day all in one necklace. (It would be lovely as a hairband too, for a bridesmaid).
:kiss2:
i did think about like an Alice band but then i imagined the pain of getting hair caught around the beads :lol-2:

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
The peridot, amethyst, pearl necklace (?) could be a fun bracelet. I like things like that with movement & lots of pretty colors and shapes. I don't know if it will work as a bracelet but it's a thought.

I understand getting enjoyment from just viewing things. That's primarily how I enjoy some of my necklaces now. Except I have them hanging over the lampshade of a small, decorative lamp. (The lamp is purely ornamental---I don't turn it on with my necklaces on it.) It's the only way for me to enjoy them now because I can't really wear necklaces anymore due to tactile/pain issues with my neck.

These are just costume pieces & it's not something I suggest for others to do because I can see damage from being exposed to the sun. The damage is not glaringly obvious but it's still not the best idea. But, it works for me because I cannot wear them.

I have no idea if this rambling post will be of any use to you but I guess I just wanted to chime in to let you know that you can count me in on enjoying things in unexpected ways. :)

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Or...if you had several they would be fabulous wraps for napkins on a beautifully laid table.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The peridot, amethyst, pearl necklace (?) could be a fun bracelet. I like things like that with movement & lots of pretty colors and shapes. I don't know if it will work as a bracelet but it's a thought.

I understand getting enjoyment from just viewing things. That's primarily how I enjoy some of my necklaces now. Except I have them hanging over the lampshade of a small, decorative lamp. (The lamp is purely ornamental---I don't turn it on with my necklaces on it.) It's the only way for me to enjoy them now because I can't really wear necklaces anymore due to tactile/pain issues with my neck.

These are just costume pieces & it's not something I suggest for others to do because I can see damage from being exposed to the sun. The damage is not glaringly obvious but it's still not the best idea. But, it works for me because I cannot wear them.

I have no idea if this rambling post will be of any use to you but I guess I just wanted to chime in to let you know that you can count me in on enjoying things in unexpected ways. :)

sorry about your neck :(2
but i already love your lamp - we need a picture =)2
actually the thing is a brackete but for $12 you can imagine how baddly made it is
i think its wire wrapped but there is loose very fine almost thread like wire sticking out - thats why i thought sewing it onto something would secure it safely - because $12 or not its too pretty to have it fall apart

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or...if you had several they would be fabulous wraps for napkins on a beautifully laid table.

i absolutly agree as actually the first thing i did after it arrived was to try to buy more but it was unavailable :boohoo:

perhaps when i get up the courage (global pandemic) to go visit the hospice shop ill go look at candle holders and look for something i can adapt

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a little ramble
see i think by writting it down :lol-2:

so these cost NZ$6 plus a little freight ! (the pearls not the necklace ;)2 )
photo right at the bottom (100 in a packet) they are 4 to 5mm

Yesterday i was looking at @bella3x 's gorgouse new pearls i think from pearls of joy 'A journey of a crazy Pearl newbie' https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-journey-of-a-crazy-pearl-newbie.274312/post-5153526

.....so i think i was then having a lot of doubts my one was gonna work :boohoo: :lol-2: :boohoo: :lol-2: :boohoo: :lol-2:
but today i got them out of the packet and reminded myself life is a journey and im learning and practicing - on a budget within my means - and im also trying out Wen pearls for the first time

i think they are so pretty
i mean i probably have some shinny glass beads around here somewhere in these kind of colours - but that's not the point !
And its true your mind works things out at nighy when you're asleep

i brought this necklace (made to order) just before the Christchurch earthquake - so in well over 10 years ive worn it once and it broke so had to go back - and was delayed because the maker had their studio in the red (very broken) zone of Chch

the chain is just too light and also minimalistic for my liking so ive been working on this at the back of my mind for a wee while

ive learnt im absolutly hopeless at gauging sizes so these little cheaper projects are great for learning on rather than dive in and make exspensive mistakes because i do not want to be mucking around trying to do returns and chasing up refunds

so im going to buy a smaller size
and make these ones into a (fat neck accommodating) choker-ish length necklace for layering

ok only Wen's AA quality but once i polish up the silver 'Nicky' its going to be the focus
also im going to buy 20 of these https://www.etsy.com/listing/698171173/10pcs-aaa-5-55mm-seed-roundnear-round to place at the front of the 'matching choker'

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220727-144551.png
    Screenshot_20220727-144551.png
    733.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220727_140612.jpg
    20220727_140612.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a quick questions for when ever someone has time to read and answer

and it doesn't matter, its just for myself to learn
are grey freshwater pearls dyed ?
Wen doesn't say on the item description, i mean obviously the dsrk blue/ green ones are dyed and the grey ones are for extending a necklace that is of dyed pearls so its perfevtly ok for this project
and even though ive misplaced them somewhere in the house, i love my brought blue very unnatural bright blue $30 freshies
but i just feel if these funny little projects are about learning, i need to actually learn :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh - i think i forgot to show you the wee cheapie grey ones
they are going to be pergect for around the back - i have long hair anyway
you guys remember those silver wired dyed freshwater necklace
these havnt been worn in like 20 years ..
and then when i finally tried them on again ...well fat neck strikes again
20220727_160626.jpg

bella3x

Rough_Rock
Ooooh, so fun!! I’m waiting impatiently on my order from WenPearls, to learn stringing on them before I butcher the Tahitians :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, so fun!! I’m waiting impatiently on my order from WenPearls, to learn stringing on them before I butcher the Tahitians :D

i live in NZ
so shipping from China isnt as slow as from the US/UK
and with more planes in the sky things have hopefully stopped taking months to arrive
im looking forward to hear all about your knotting/ stringing journey =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You asked if gray freshwater pearls are dyed. Yes, they are.

thank you

and dang
i really liked them
but i am now done with dyed pearls
i brought them for a specific reason, they will do their job and then im back to being a grown up

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results