shape
carat
color
clarity

The March LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOO hahaha! That''s hilarious and so wrong.
3.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 12:33:28 PM
Author: misskitty
So, the poop cake reminds me of an April Fool''s joke my friend''s mom played on him in 2nd grade.

We all sat down and opened up our lunchboxes, and everything in his was made to look like poop -- rolled up bread crusts, dates and prunes, brownies that were smushed up, etc. It basically looked like his mom had packed him a bunch of bags of dog poo for lunch.

Knowing his mom, she probably thought it was the funniest thing ever. He forgot it was April 1 and cried at the lunch table.
40.gif
Oops!
That is awesome! I may have to pull that on K this year...
11.gif
I do pack his lunch sometimes.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Do any of you girls watch Ghost Hunters on SciFi? The new episode tonight looks really good tonight! I love my Wednesday nights
9.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey no- but I wanted to say how do you watch those? haha I normally get myself so into the stories and then I scare the you know what out of myself, and then I can''t fall asleep. Silly me. Good think I have my BF to sleep next to me and cuddle up now
3.gif
How is everyone doing? I have been MIA lately, AGAIN but school is crazy this semester. ADVICE: don''t take 17 credits! IT STINKS the big one.

Elle- LOVE the poop cake. I bet it was tasty. I haven''t had cake in like 5 months!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Shameless plug time: I am in love with the master recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. I just made some this morning, and it is AWESOME.

Shameless photo of my bread:

fresh bread.JPG

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, misskitty... that poop lunch story was hilarious. Also, your bread looks delicious!

ILA: I didn''t eat any of the poop cake. I ate so much frosting while making it that I couldn''t handle any more sugar. Oh, and I still need to check out the Shamwow parodies!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmm that bread just made me hungry! Looks delicious!

ILA I LOVE scary movies. I dont know how to explain other than my brothers and I grew up watching Beetlejuice and Ghost Busters. Those were our favorite movies to ask our parents to pop in the VHS - and my youngest brother was 4yo at the most. I find paranormal stuff so intriguing. I wish I could drop out of school and go become a ghost hunter! SO doesnt really like scary movies and my good girl friends HATE scary movies - their minds freak them out just like you said yours does. Meanwhile, heres little old me loving the SciFi channel and going to scary movies for fun.
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:41:59 PM
Author: SailorsSweet
ILA I LOVE scary movies. I dont know how to explain other than my brothers and I grew up watching Beetlejuice and Ghost Busters. Those were our favorite movies to ask our parents to pop in the VHS - and my youngest brother was 4yo at the most. I find paranormal stuff so intriguing. I wish I could drop out of school and go become a ghost hunter! SO doesnt really like scary movies and my good girl friends HATE scary movies - their minds freak them out just like you said yours does. Meanwhile, heres little old me loving the SciFi channel and going to scary movies for fun.
3.gif
You want a scary movie? See The Strangers. OMG...

I was practically peeing my pants watching that! I kept telling FI, "Okay! Let''s shut if off NOW!!!! I can''t take this anymore!" Of course he laughed and made me watch it...

I used to not be phased by horror flicks but lately, they are getting really scary!
32.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think for me, it depends on the kind of scary. I don''t really get into the whole paranormal thing, but I love "people" scary ones - Saw, Hostel, etc.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got back from the vet.

Ferris, my kitty, was just diagnosed with DIABEETUS! (If you don''t know why I spelled it that way, google it.
3.gif
)

He has to switch food and now has insulin shots twice a day. Poor little guy.

His blood sugar was 3 times too high!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:12:09 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Ferris, my kitty, was just diagnosed with DIABEETUS! (If you don''t know why I spelled it that way, google it.
3.gif
)

Really? Poor baby.
7.gif

So now you have to administer the insulin twice a day? Have you done it yet?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:20:09 AM
Author: Bia

3.gif
)

Really? Poor baby.
7.gif

So now you have to administer the insulin twice a day? Have you done it yet?

I practiced at the vet. They showed me how to do it, but it was just saline solution. I haven''t given him a real injection yet... just got back.

FF is afraid of needles. DEATHLY afraid. I have to teach him how to do it too.
32.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock

3.gif
)

Oh no! Does it have to be insulin, or can you control it through diet alone?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:27:43 AM

3.gif
)

Insulin AND diet for the time being. He''s hoping that after a while, we''ll be able to just go down to the diabetes management food.

Im keeping my fingers crossed.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:40:22 AM

Date: 3/19/2009 11:27:43 AM

3.gif
)

Insulin AND diet for the time being. He''s hoping that after a while, we''ll be able to just go down to the diabetes management food.

Awww....elle! Poor guy! I''ll keep my fingers and toes crossed for Ferris.
1.gif

I just googled diabeetus because you had me intrigued...hahahaha

diabeetus.jpg

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:40:22 AM

Insulin AND diet for the time being. He's hoping that after a while, we'll be able to just go down to the diabetes management food.

Poor baby.

You'll get used to it Elle. My brother (I know, not a cat!) got juvi diabetes when he was twenty and he had to start injecting insulin shortly after. At first it was strange knowing how to keep his levels where we wanted them, but he got the hand of it quickly. One thing, if you can get your kitty to eat the right foods, it will help a lot where the insulin is concerned.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! Sammy... i saw that online, and almost posted it.
3.gif

Bia.. I''m cool with it. Not really worried. I know I can deal with the shots, and we don''t have to check blood levels everyday. Plus we have the "Diabetes Management" food so I''m hopeful that the insulin shots wont have to continue forever.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I know we''ve moved on to another topic, but OMG I WANT THAT BREAD.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wilford Brimley Diabeetus Cat.

moomanbrimley1.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bwahahah. Love it!

type-2-diabeetus.jpg

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
aww your poor kitty! Is he overweight? I have a fat cat at home - hes 17lbs. We''ve had problems with his urinary tract and he just got his tail amputated over the weekend - thank god though because the biopsy came back as a malignant cancer but the xrays showed no spread to his torso. He had 1 lump visible to us and 4 lumps under his skin once they shaved the tail to simply remove the first lump. So now hes tailless. His name is Coco Bear and I keep joking that he has a bear butt now - just a little bump to wiggle lol.

cocobear.jpg

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
coco bears bare butt.. its fuzzy cause he was running away

cocobutt.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww!!! Poor baby!!
39.gif
He''s so cute though!! Love the little bump. LOL

Glad he seems to be clear on the cancer front!

Ferris was about 17 pounds, and recently dropped down to 14. That was part of the reason we thought he might be diabetic.

Plus.. he''d pee FOREVER. His pees were longer than mine, by a long shot. And he''s just a kitty!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
haha you girls are silly!
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 6:29:02 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
Do any of you girls watch Ghost Hunters on SciFi? The new episode tonight looks really good tonight! I love my Wednesday nights
9.gif
YES I DO!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
I love this show. I usually record it and watch the recorded version so I can pause at any moment to see what they say they see!
27.gif
I haven''t watched a few episodes though but I''ve got them on DVD and plan to watch soon and catch up!

I met Jason and Grant in 2007. Really nice guys!

No engagement- yet. I''m holding out.

But.. i just wanted to vent.

My brothers girlfriend is so freaking crazy. She is obsessed with getting engaged (more than any of us) and she''s 19. She wants to have babies asap. Like NOW NOW NOW, but not until after they''re married. My brother and her fight like crazy, they actually act like teenagers towards each other.

The other day she comes over and is like, "So my friend got engaged this weekend. She said her ring was only half a carat, and my promise ring is a carat (total weight).. so I didn''t wear it because I didn''t want to make her feel bad about her ring" WTF!!
38.gif

Then: "I found a ring I want! It''s 5 carats and it''s $1000. It''s like here''s my hand.. and here''s my ring! A huge ring."

us: "$1000????? that''s impossible unless the whole thing is an inclusion"

her: "Well it''s little diamonds that look like a bigger diamond (illusion) but the total is 5 carats."
14.gif

I begged my brother not to get it for her. Begged. He said he''ll get her what SHE wants.. which, ok.. how many of us wanted a differen''t diamond before being educated on them? Well I did.

Sigh. I just want to smack her.

Ooh I just got a text from my brother saying it''s gh clarity, si1, and 3ctw for $5500 but currently it''s 50% off... HMMM... but she did say it was 5ct, $1k.

Whatever. Then she told me that when she starts having babies she''s getting a gift from my brother!! It''s a mercedes! *grumble* my brother is 22. They can''t afford it. He is paying ALL of the bills. So she wants to get married with a huge illusion ring asap, have kids asap, AND get a "birthing" gift... asap... grrrrrrrrr. rant.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Just wow. The "birthing gift" thing is making me go
33.gif
I know she''s only 19, but she does realize that babies cost money, right? Best of luck to your brother.

Haha I know. I''m 25 and I''m like.. ok kids would be nice.. but not now! She is so fussy. Has to have the best of everything, spends money like it''s going out of style (and soon) and... I''m just like.. you realize what you''re getting yourself into right, brother?
11.gif

Sorry I just needed to vent.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I really hope you and your family and I assume your brothers close friends can talk some sense into him. I dont think you guys should even humor the idea of them getting engaged. Thats just a disaster waiting to happen. If either of my brothers ever bought a girl home like that I''d beat her up!!
3.gif
Having babies for a Mercedes is like having octuplets for media attention, hah! I dont think your brothers girlfriend should be allowed to bring children into the world when she is clearly a child herself... "give me give me give me"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results