shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m super excited that FI got the job he really wanted, but I''m also really bummed. Now we''re stuck in Michigan with our stupid 15% unemployment rate.

I''m scared I''ll never find a job. This really sucks. I have friends who lost their jobs last year, and still haven''t gotten a new one! I don''t want to be stuck being an assistant forever, making no money.

elation

Rough_Rock
Ahh sunnyd I think you''re right.
39.gif
Do you really think he''s guilting me on purpose? He has never pushed me to do anything, he probably doesn''t even know the effect he has on me. I wonder if I am a game to him. But who am I to be hanging out with a guy when I am the one in a serious relationship! I''ll own up to this one too.

And princesss, lilac, I''m going to try that. Even if I do respond, I''ll have a reminder that I really shouldn''t be. Thank you, that''s a good suggestion.

Thanks Elle, I don''t think I''m actually afraid of the future, or of the self-discovery.. you''re right I have a lot of growing up to do. I am so definitely not ready to get married yet. Two months ago I was convinced otherwise! How does that happen?
And aaahhh good luck with finding a job! Lots of job dust going your way =( I hope the job fairy comes and hits you with a baller dream job opportunity of your own!!

Thanks BigT, I know he has been far more understanding than I deserve.
7.gif
He really doesn''t deserve any of this.

gpoop.JPG

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 11:41:29 AM
Author: elledizzy5
<whine>
I''m super excited that FI got the job he really wanted, but I''m also really bummed. Now we''re stuck in Michigan with our stupid 15% unemployment rate.

I''m scared I''ll never find a job. This really sucks. I have friends who lost their jobs last year, and still haven''t gotten a new one! I don''t want to be stuck being an assistant forever, making no money.

</end whine>
BF is having the same problem. He''s really upset because all of our friends (mostly) have jobs and he''s still stuck in this rut. I just don''t know what to do for him! No matter what I suggest, it''s wrong, and I end up feeling guilty for dragging him down here and being the one with a "grown-up job." And I feel really guilty because I don''t really want to move yet. Yes, it''d be nice to see our friends and be close to family, but I''ve got a lot going on down here and I''m happy. But he''s miserable, and I don''t know how to fix it/help.

Sorry to piggyback, elle. It''s just been on my mind a lot...

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
<whine>
I'm super excited that FI got the job he really wanted, but I'm also really bummed. Now we're stuck in Michigan with our stupid 15% unemployment rate.

I'm scared I'll never find a job. This really sucks. I have friends who lost their jobs last year, and still haven't gotten a new one! I don't want to be stuck being an assistant forever, making no money.

</end whine>
Sorry, elle.
8.gif

But I have faith that you'll find something more fulfilling to do. It might take a little longer than it otherwise would, but it'll happen. It's so hard to feel "stuck," but you've only just graduated and started looking, and you have a lot of work experience under your belt, which employers love!

And if you don't find something, you can always go back to school!
3.gif
2.gif

ETA: princesss, I'm sorry you're in that situation! it's almost as stressful to the be the partner of a job-seeker as it is to be the seeker himself. My DH is looking for a new job currently, and I think he's pretty depressed over his prospects. I just try to be really encouraging and supportive, but very little I say seems to help. He's definitely in a sort of rut.
15.gif

I thought your BF was looking at schools?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 11:49:05 AM
Author: princesss

<whine>

</end whine>
BF is having the same problem. He''s really upset because all of our friends (mostly) have jobs and he''s still stuck in this rut. I just don''t know what to do for him! No matter what I suggest, it''s wrong, and I end up feeling guilty for dragging him down here and being the one with a ''grown-up job.'' And I feel really guilty because I don''t really want to move yet. Yes, it''d be nice to see our friends and be close to family, but I''ve got a lot going on down here and I''m happy. But he''s miserable, and I don''t know how to fix it/help.

Sorry to piggyback, elle. It''s just been on my mind a lot...

ugh, i seriously feel his pain, princesss. FI has the job he''s been dying for (without a college degree!) and i''m 20,000 in debt barely making more than what I owe.

I''m trying to stay positive. I DO have a job, which I know is such luxury right now, but i feel like im wasting my life in a job that requires no thought or brain usage whatsoever. lame.

tell your BF he''s not alone!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 11:51:00 AM
Author: TheBigT

<whine>

</end whine>
Sorrey, elle.
8.gif

But I have faith that you''ll find something more fulfilling to do. It might take a little longer than it otherwise would, but it''ll happen. It''s so hard to feel ''stuck,'' but you''ve only just graduated and started looking, and you have a lot of work experience under your belt, which employers love!

And if you don''t find something, you can always go back to school!
3.gif
2.gif
I hope so.

And believe me, I would LOVE to go back to school! I just cant take on any more debt!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
morning everyone! computer is dead
7.gif

still hot as heck here. e and i got into another huge fight last »
7.gif
but it turned okay this morning.
i swaer this heat is making us CRAZY.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Morning, jcarly!!

sorry about your fight! but glad it got resolved. are weather reports predicting any change in the weather soon?

So I''m sitting at someone else''s desk - a lawyer who''s on leave for a year - and the same outside phone number keeps calling. It''s like they dial, let it ring, hang up, repeat. Seriously, they''ve called like 15 times now. In that situation, i would either (a) leave a message on the voicemail or (b) decide the person was away from their desk and I would try later.

I''m not sure what''s to be accomplished by calling someone 36 times in 10 minutes. But the ringing is driving me batty!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 12:22:25 PM
Morning, jcarly!!

sorry about your fight! but glad it got resolved. are weather reports predicting any change in the weather soon?

So I''m sitting at someone else''s desk - a lawyer who''s on leave for a year - and the same outside phone number keeps calling. It''s like they dial, let it ring, hang up, repeat. Seriously, they''ve called like 15 times now. In that situation, i would either (a) leave a message on the voicemail or (b) decide the person was away from their desk and I would try later.

I''m not sure what''s to be accomplished by calling someone 36 times in 10 minutes. But the ringing is driving me batty!!!
Maybe it''s a mistress!
31.gif

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I''m excited for the new month, as I want to join this conversation but the 80 somthing pages are making me crazy... so hurry August for a new Small Talk Thread... as I''ve decided to become more devoted to Pricescope and less devoted to Facebook''s Farmville game (it''s addicting!)...

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Just popping in to say hi, everyone!

Have to go back to my "art installation" -- the good news is that I got most of it to work with minimal hot glue, and all but a few of the books are totally salvageable. Also, I got to take a couple home...most were complete rejects (think self-published romance novels, outdated political commentary books, and memoirs of not-famous people) but I snagged one that has recipes in it!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 12:37:37 PM
Author: ILoveSpinel
I''m excited for the new month, as I want to join this conversation but the 80 somthing pages are making me crazy... so hurry August for a new Small Talk Thread... as I''ve decided to become more devoted to Pricescope and less devoted to Facebook''s Farmville game (it''s addicting!)...
Poor ILS, we got Ali to sticky this and just make it a permanent thread. No need to read through everything, just jump in! I''ve been kind of a drive by poster lately, and I know how overwhelming it can get.

misskitty, I''m glad you kept the damage minimal to the poor, defenseless books.

So, I keep torturing myself dreaming of a little colonial in VA. And I''ve been looking, and prices are incredible. Dang I wish we had jobs and a downpayment.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 11:48:18 AM
Author: elation
Ahh sunnyd I think you're right.
39.gif
Do you really think he's guilting me on purpose? He has never pushed me to do anything, he probably doesn't even know the effect he has on me. I wonder if I am a game to him. But who am I to be hanging out with a guy when I am the one in a serious relationship! I'll own up to this one too.
Dont put anything past a guy thats determined! When I was with one of my ex's, this guys would keep hitting on me and such, and kept asking when we were going to "hook up". My reply to him every time was "let it go, I have a bf". So one day, he goes into my ex bf's work, and tells my ex that I have been cheating with him! (which obviously I wasnt!). My ex called me and broke up with me! I guess he thought if I didnt have a bf he would have a shot??? I said "ummmm that was NOT the way to get on my good side!" Boys
38.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 1:27:49 PM
Author: princesss
Date: 7/30/2009 12:37:37 PM

Author: ILoveSpinel

Poor ILS, we got Ali to sticky this and just make it a permanent thread. No need to read through everything, just jump in! I''ve been kind of a drive by poster lately, and I know how overwhelming it can get.

misskitty, I''m glad you kept the damage minimal to the poor, defenseless books.

So, I keep torturing myself dreaming of a little colonial in VA. And I''ve been looking, and prices are incredible. Dang I wish we had jobs and a downpayment.

Hehe, a drive by poster!

elation

Rough_Rock
Oh I''m sorry to hear about your fight jcar, glad everything''s fine now though!

NakedFinger >> What a story! That guy seems a little psycho.. but in my case, the dude''s never technically insinuated anything beyond friendship. Maybe I''m reading too much into this whole thing. Maybe I''m the psycho girlfriend.
15.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today is the last day of summer school. Then Friday, then Saturday, then Sunday and then VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For now, lunch. And then perhaps studying...

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

I''m having such a hard time focusing at work for the last...wow forever! I''m just so not happy at this job, but it pays really well, and I guess that in this economy, I just should not complain and suck it up! I don''t know if you all read my other thread but my BF gave me the go ahead to start planning a wedding for 2/12/11 and I am so excited that that is all I want to do (although I''m overwhelmed with how much there is to do even with just a 40-50 person wedding!).

Jcar...sorry to hear about the fight.
elation...sorry you are going thru all that! ((((hugs))))

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 2:52:25 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Today is the last day of summer school. Then Friday, then Saturday, then Sunday and then VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!! I love the end of a school term!!! Although I am such a geek that I also love the beginning of school years, and now that I am completely done with school forever, I miss it sooooo much!

Yay for Vegas, it''s one of my and BF''s (I typed FI and had to go back and erase it...this whole date setting thing has me a little confused lol) favorite places and we try to go once a year...if your wedding were in March, I would crash it heheheh!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go to grad school?

And you should move your trip up to January!!!!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock

Hooray for the last day of summer school and Vegas!!

Don''t forget to make us some fresh yeast donuts rolled in coconut before you go!!
2.gif

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:10:18 PM
Go to grad school?

And you should move your trip up to January!!!!
Already went to law school (which was great!) and am at a law firm now. Thought about an LLM (Masters in law) but it''s really not useful AT ALL unless you want to practice tax law...h*ll to the N.O.!!!! Seriously thinking about becoming a law professor!

We usually go to Vegas in March for March Madness, but if I happen to be there in January it''d be great to GTG and compare shoes! (I have been meaning to take pics of my shoe collection for the shoes thread!!!).

Bia

Ideal_Rock
What''s up ladies?! Up to page 7!!! Only a few more to go. Yipee!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO VEGAS GTG''s WITHOUT ME!
29.gif

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:32:03 PM
29.gif

hahaha...so let''s both crash freke''s wedding!
31.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:32:03 PM
29.gif
Hey!
11.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:30:54 PM
Author: Bia
What''s up ladies?! Up to page 7!!! Only a few more to go. Yipee!
dancing_penguin.gif
GO BIA!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just going for the Adult expo... I *guess* I could swing by Freke''s wedding...
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:11:13 PM

Hooray for the last day of summer school and Vegas!!

Don''t forget to make us some fresh yeast donuts rolled in coconut before you go!!
2.gif
I haven''t made a doughnut in...um...4 years. Yikes. Not like it''s hard or anything...the hardest part about making doughnuts is getting the oil to stay the right temperature.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:17:03 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
We usually go to Vegas in March for March Madness, but if I happen to be there in January it''d be great to GTG and compare shoes! (I have been meaning to take pics of my shoe collection for the shoes thread!!!).
GO TAKE PICS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Yes, that means leaving the office.
3.gif
)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:35:00 PM
I''m just going for the Adult expo... I *guess* I could swing by Freke''s wedding...
2.gif
Oh whatever.

HEY! What if we got married at the Expo?!

OMG. best. idea. ever.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results