color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:17:58 PM
Author: TheBigT
Bia, whose sloppy joe won?!

I passed up ''Throwdown'' for ''Leverage'' because my husband wanted to watch it, but he''s now fast asleep next me on the bed... hmph!

ETA: Oh, I''m too late, you left. Lalala...
bobby flay won of course. i always feel bad when he wins. he''s a professional chef for god''s sake! who the hell wants a gourmet sloppy joe? or any sloppy joe for that matter...

don''t think I''ve ever had one come to think of it...

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:17:18 PM
Author: FrekeChild
And Bia, you should SO watch 16 and Pregnant! Or something else somewhat trashy...

I keep seeing 16 and Pregnant on the channel guide thingy, but haven''t (yet) watched. Does it literally jsut document pregnant 16yos? Is it terribly sad?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:21:30 PM

And Bia, you should SO watch 16 and Pregnant! Or something else somewhat trashy...

I keep seeing 16 and Pregnant on the channel guide thingy, but haven''t (yet) watched. Does it literally jsut document pregnant 16yos? Is it terribly sad?

The season finale with the couple from Michigan is a TEAR JERKER! Oh dear god I sobbed like a baby.

The others were just entertaining.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:13:22 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 7/29/2009 10:12:30 PM
Author: sunnyd
Freke and Elle, DO IT!!! It really was a lot of fun and not awkward at all!! I mean the photog team was a married couple in a hotel room and me in my underpants. But still cool.

yeah, I''m not shy.
2.gif

It was more or less the money. but you look fantastic in yours, so it made me think the money wasn''t such a big deal after all...
I can''t believe it''s that much!! Mine were only $350 and I get the rights. Have you looked around in your area?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:20:45 PM

I passed up ''Throwdown'' for ''Leverage'' because my husband wanted to watch it, but he''s now fast asleep next me on the bed... hmph!

Haha.. .or is she? She reappears when she''s supposed to be WORKING ON STUFF!

11.gif

told you not to talk about anything interesting!

kbye.forgoodthistime (till tomorrow
3.gif
)

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:21:10 PM
Author: Bia

bobby flay won of course. i always feel bad when he wins. he''s a professional chef for god''s sake! who the hell wants a gourmet sloppy joe? or any sloppy joe for that matter...

don''t think I''ve ever had one come to think of it...

Yeah... nice job getting off PS!
3.gif

I hate it when Bobby Flay wins because he''s competing against, like, the hometown hero whose entire life is devoted to making that one thing! And then Big Mr. Food Network comes to town and people like his better?! It''s heartbreaking!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:22:10 PM
Date: 7/29/2009 10:21:30 PM

The season finale with the couple from Michigan is a TEAR JERKER! Oh dear god I sobbed like a baby.

The others were just entertaining.

Ooooh. I love stuff that''ll offer a nice therapeutic cry.
I can''t imagine having been pregnant at that age...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:22:28 PM

Freke and Elle, DO IT!!! It really was a lot of fun and not awkward at all!! I mean the photog team was a married couple in a hotel room and me in my underpants. But still cool.

yeah, I''m not shy.
2.gif

It was more or less the money. but you look fantastic in yours, so it made me think the money wasn''t such a big deal after all...

I can''t believe it''s that much!! Mine were only $350 and I get the rights. Have you looked around in your area?

There are others, and probably cheaper. Its 250 for the session, but 400 for the retouching/digital negatives.

I really like this photog, though!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is supposed to be a Throwdown locally soon. Green Chile Cheeseburger and all that. I can''t see Bobby winning that one. I''m thinking he won''t use New Mexican Green Chile, and use some stupid combination of "green" chile, and get too gourmet.

If a green chile burger gets gourmet, it''s no good.

It should be: bun, hamburger, green chile, tomatoes, ketchup, American cheese, MAYBE lettuce.

I just know he''s going to ruin it.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Throwdown really bothers me. It seems so...arrogant.

Sunny-HOT pics!! That is not your real name is it? You look like the famous one tho
2.gif
I love the wine pic. Awesome!

Elle-do the pics! Your FI got a raise, so you should....give him a raise
3.gif
11.gif
12.gif

I crack myself up.

I wanted to do them, but DH was like
33.gif
33.gif
, which I had a feeling would be his reaction. I may do them for myself one day!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:30:30 PM
bun, hamburger, green chile, tomatoes, ketchup, American cheese, MAYBE lettuce.

Yum! I had dinner a couple of hours ago, but... this makes me hungry again. Yum!

Interesting, because "southwestern" cuisine is sort of Bobby''s specialty, I think? Maybe he''ll get too confident and totally screw it up. He seems to have a pretty healthy ego!
9.gif

ARe you gonna go watch the throwdown?? Are you ready for a throwdown?!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:35:45 PM
Author: Miscka

Sunny-HOT pics!! That is not your real name is it? You look like the famous one tho
2.gif

3.gif
11.gif
12.gif

I crack myself up.

33.gif
33.gif
, which I had a feeling would be his reaction. I may do them for myself one day!

LOL!!!

You made me spit out my weight watcher ice cream! Damn you! The portion is small enough as it is!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
he did the puffy taco and didn''t win (Texas?)

he also gave a go at the ''arepa'' and failed miserably (I called that one though...arepas are no joke)

9.gif
sorry needed another break.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Shoulda had some pudding instead...
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:42:42 PM

he also gave a go at the ''arepa'' and failed miserably (I called that one though...arepas are no joke)

9.gif

LOL. Bia... you are cracking me up right now.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
33.gif
33.gif

Yah, I asked my DH if he''d like something like that, and he didn''t really get it. I guess that saves us some money!
2.gif

It''s the kind of thing that I think is cool in principle, but I know when I got there I''d be massively uncomfortable, since I don''t even like being photographed in full clothes very much. But the ones that I''ve seen have turned out beautifully!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:43:34 PM

he did the puffy taco and didn't win (Texas?)

he also gave a go at the 'arepa' and failed miserably (I called that one though...arepas are no joke)

9.gif

LOL. Bia... you are cracking me up right now.
sorrrrrrryyyyyyy
im such a bad influence on myself

concentrate Bia!

eta: i always do that

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock

9.gif

LOL!
Let us know when you need someone to proofread.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock

2.gif

3.gif
11.gif
12.gif

I crack myself up.

33.gif
33.gif
Thanks!! Nah, my name isn''t nearly as cool. They thought I looked like her though. They did the same thing to a girl who looked like Cameron Diaz.
3.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:27:06 PM

Date: 7/29/2009 10:22:28 PM

yeah, I''m not shy.
2.gif

There are others, and probably cheaper. Its 250 for the session, but 400 for the retouching/digital negatives.

I really like this photog, though!
Yikes!!
6.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

9.gif

he lost the pulled pork one too...
OMG I wanted to eat the winners sandwich, it looked soooooo good
18.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:55:40 PM
Author: ckrickett

9.gif

he lost the pulled pork one too...
OMG I wanted to eat the winners sandwich, it looked soooooo good
18.gif
Mmmmm perhaps it''s dinner time?
18.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:35:55 PM
Date: 7/29/2009 10:30:30 PM
bun, hamburger, green chile, tomatoes, ketchup, American cheese, MAYBE lettuce.
Yum! I had dinner a couple of hours ago, but... this makes me hungry again. Yum!

Interesting, because ''southwestern'' cuisine is sort of Bobby''s specialty, I think? Maybe he''ll get too confident and totally screw it up. He seems to have a pretty healthy ego!
9.gif

ARe you gonna go watch the throwdown?? Are you ready for a throwdown?!
Yeah, he has a clue as to New Mexican food, but we''re kind of unique. He usually makes a combo of Tex-Mex and Mexican. New Mexican has to have New Mexican Green Chile or New Mexican Red Chile.

Which he never uses...he may have to for this one though...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think he won cupcakes either......

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bobby lost:

Wedding cakes
Chili --tied
Jerk Chicken
Steak
Breakfast
Jambalaya
Doughnuts (that guy was a jerk)
cheesesteak
ice cream
fried chicken
BBQ
Pizza
Chocolate
Chicken Caccitore
meatloaf
Fish and Chips
cuban roast pork
spare ribs
buffalo wings
sticky buns
Hot browns
crepes
puffy tacos
jerk ribeye
chicken fried steak
muffuletta
blondies
meatballs
gingerbread
biscuits and jam
ice pops
chocolate chip cookies
eggplant parmesan
chicken and waffles
arroz con pollo
Dumplings
pulled pork
arepas
moules frites
seafood gumbo
paella
chile rellenos
brown bag apple pie
Bûche de Noël
deep dish pizza
chocolate bread pudding
Cioppino
sushi
pad thai
Ravioli
Chicken matzah ball soup
shrimp and grits
NC Ribs and baked beans
Fried Fish Escovitch
Fish Tacos
GREEN CHILE BURGER******************************************************SPOILER

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bobby won:

Chowder
Chili was a tie
Burgers
Cocktails
Mac and Cheese
Cheesecake
Cupcakes
Hot Dogs
Pie
Crab cake
Ice cream sundae
Lasagna
Turkey and dressing
Pretzels
Grilled Cheese
Grilled pork tenderloin, vegetable skewers, grilled whole fish, cocktails
Coconut cake
Red Velvet cake
Falafel
Chicken pot pie
Blueberry pancakes
German Chocolate cake

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Was the donuts competition with the guy from Doughnut Plant? Their donuts are Heavenly! But I don't doubt that the guy's a jerk.

Wow! Bobby loses more than I thought!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:20:03 PM
Was the donuts competition with the guy from Doughnut Plant? Their donuts are Heavenly! But I don''t doubt that the guy''s a jerk.

Wow! Bobby loses more than I thought!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was such a doosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uber arrogant Prima Donna. He thought he was getting his own show and then Bobby showed up and made him look like a moron. I wished that Bobby had beat him.

(Fresh yeast doughnuts are the BEST. When we made them in class...glazed and tossed with fresh coconut. GAHHHHH...........)

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
sunnyd, you look AMAZING!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
those photos are gorgeous!!!

i''m an amateur photog, and if i could, i''d take photos for you ladies! i''d totally do it for free too since your company is all the payment i need.
9.gif
geez...did i sound cheesy or what?!

Bia, i agree that you should take a breather and log off of PS...i don''t want you to go, but maybe it''ll help you focus a little more? oh, i had to stop watching Throwdown w/ Bobby Flay. i like the premise of the show but it sucks when he wins! i don''t even like Bobby Flay to begin with. don''t get me wrong, i think he''s a fabulous chef and his food is awesome, but he comes off as so cocky and arrogant!

i remember his first battle against Morimoto in the original Iron Chef series and he was such a cry baby about losing. not only that, but he totally disrespected Morimoto and the other Japanese chefs when he stood on top of his cutting board as time was called to cheer and basically gloat that he was going to win. Bobby Flay ended up winning the 2nd battle against Morimoto, (even though i always thought it was rigged for him to win so he would stop b****ing and moaning about the first battle) and this time around he tossed his cutting board on the floor, and again stood up on the counter to cheer.
38.gif
seriously dude, get off your high horse! *end rant* i''m sorry if i offended anyone...he just rubs me the wrong way i guess.

sloppy joes aren''t too bad actually. my first one was in elementary school and i didn''t like them at all...then again it was the school cafeteria. i ended up trying them again but i made the sauce from scratch and it made a real difference. i don''t make them too often but tend to shy away from the pre-made canned sauce.
2.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
ok i'm such an uber-geek, but i noticed my post count and i just wanted to dedicate my 500th post to my fellow LIW! you all are so wonderful, and i really enjoy sharing small bits of my life with you gals.
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results