shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
okay ladies, its up! sorry it took me forever! I will be up tomorrow to chat with ya''ll!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Helloo... helloo.. helloo...hellooo....

audball

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, Elle
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 8:54:51 AM
Author: audball
Good morning, Elle
9.gif
Morning, aud!

How was your weekend?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Pretty good...loafed around on Saturday. We moved into our new place last weekend and spent every night this past week up farily late putting things together (though we were completely unpacked in under 24 hours! Yes, I''m that anal) so I was just exhausted. Sunday was the normal household type things: grocery shopping, laundry, etc. And last night S took me and my friend K out for a sunset flight over the coast and grabbed some dinner. It was a good weekend. How about you, how''s the wedding planning coming?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:02:38 AM
Author: audball
Pretty good...loafed around on Saturday. We moved into our new place last weekend and spent every night this past week up farily late putting things together (though we were completely unpacked in under 24 hours! Yes, I''m that anal) so I was just exhausted. Sunday was the normal household type things: grocery shopping, laundry, etc. And last night S took me and my friend K out for a sunset flight over the coast and grabbed some dinner. It was a good weekend. How about you, how''s the wedding planning coming?
Yeah, I like to unpack right away. I guess I''m also anal.
41.gif
Sounds like you had a pretty decent weekend.

Wedding planning is fine, nothing too exciting going on right now. Kind of at a stand still.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
mornin!

how is everyone''s day going so far?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Morning, ladies!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning Squirrly and MK!
35.gif

Today is OK. I still have my really bad sore throat from Friday, but I''m not "sick" ... just the sore throat. It''s annoying.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear wedding planning is going smoothly elle!

Morning squirrly and misskitty!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Morning!
/yawnstretchyawn

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:13:53 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Morning Squirrly and MK!
35.gif

Today is OK. I still have my really bad sore throat from Friday, but I''m not ''sick'' ... just the sore throat. It''s annoying.
ooo drink some green tea with lemon and honey!!!
that usually helps me, plus it tastes delicious (and I drink it out of my ducky teapot
20.gif
)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
oooh i hate those random sore throats. you really shouldn''t be allowed to have them in the summer anyway
25.gif
if you have any honey, a teaspoon full should coat your throat for a little bit (is also the best tasting cough syrup ever)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:22:19 AM
Author: Squirrly
oooh i hate those random sore throats. you really shouldn''t be allowed to have them in the summer anyway
25.gif
if you have any honey, a teaspoon full should coat your throat for a little bit (is also the best tasting cough syrup ever)
Agreed
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Morning! My lips are so freaking chapped and I don''t have any Neosporin or Vaseline available. Grrr. I may have to go to CVS on my lunch break. They are super painful.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:31:20 AM
Author: princesss
Morning! My lips are so freaking chapped and I don''t have any Neosporin or Vaseline available. Grrr. I may have to go to CVS on my lunch break. They are super painful.
Goodness, everyone''s falling apart in small talk today, elle''s got a sore throat, princess with badly chapped lips, who''s next?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:21:32 AM
Author: ckrickett

Morning Squirrly and MK!
35.gif

Today is OK. I still have my really bad sore throat from Friday, but I''m not ''sick'' ... just the sore throat. It''s annoying.
that usually helps me, plus it tastes delicious (and I drink it out of my ducky teapot
20.gif
)
I usually drink 2-3 cups of green tea a day at work, but we have no lemon/honey here.
7.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Did everyone hear? Celebrity deaths this week is up to 4 as of yesterday early morning. Billy Mays (you know, the pitchman, oxiclean, etc) was found dead in his home by his wife early Sunday morning. He was only 50 and in perfect health, died in his sleep.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
princess and elle are getting winter ailments in the middle of summer? no fun at all! if you two end up getting sunburned in the middle of winter it better be cause you''re vacationing somewhere awesome
28.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
MORNING EVERYONE!
35.gif

Jcarly, nice to see you back around these parts. I already know you had a fantastic vacation
31.gif
, but do you have any pictures of the clear blue sea?
36.gif
I want to be at the beach today
39.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:37:47 AM
princess and elle are getting winter ailments in the middle of summer? no fun at all! if you two end up getting sunburned in the middle of winter it better be cause you''re vacationing somewhere awesome
28.gif
LOL. I''m sunburned and bruised, too. I''m actually bruised right where my wrist touches the desk when I type. Not so comfy.

JCAR IS BACK!!!! AND ENGAGED!!!!!!!

I''m a little excited. Can you tell?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:42:45 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 6/29/2009 9:37:47 AM
28.gif
LOL. I''m sunburned and bruised, too. I''m actually bruised right where my wrist touches the desk when I type. Not so comfy.

JCAR IS BACK!!!! AND ENGAGED!!!!!!!

I''m a little excited. Can you tell?
I know I;m excited for her tooo

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:36:32 AM

Date: 6/29/2009 9:21:32 AM
Author: ckrickett

Morning Squirrly and MK!
35.gif

20.gif
)
I usually drink 2-3 cups of green tea a day at work, but we have no lemon/honey here.
7.gif
AWWW!
39.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning, B!

I'm also sunburned, Princesss. We went to some balloonfest thing where they launch hot air balloons. It ended up being too windy for them to launch, but we got to watch like an hour of dogs catching frisbees. It was awesome when one of the yellow labs starting humping another dog right in the middle of the show.
9.gif

ETA: There was a carnival also, and let me tell you... i CANNOT handle spinny rides anymore. We went on a spinning teacup type ride and I almost threw up.
14.gif

elation

Rough_Rock
Morning!
I drink buckets of tea at work too. =)

And huge congratulations jcarlylew!!!!
5.gif

vip0802 - thanks for the suggestion! I think I''m going to throw together a happy box and put in what gift I get him to give it a personal touch. =)

Thanks again, everyone, for their great suggestions!

So who gets a vacation day this week?
Yay Canada day on Wednesday! =P

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Morning all...

So I could use some brief encouragement, if folks don''t mind. I have a big meeting in about 45 mins...all part of defending my dissertation and I am just sitting here...avoiding. I''ve got to get moving and get ready, but I think I''m feeling ambivalent about moving forward. I rather like my life and even tho there are such great things on the horizon I''m doing this --dig my heals in so I can enjoy the moment a little more--can anyone relate?

Ok, just posting this makes me feel like I can handle a shower. (LOL).

1.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:45:41 AM
Author: elation
Morning!
I drink buckets of tea at work too. =)

And huge congratulations jcarlylew!!!!
5.gif

vip0802 - thanks for the suggestion! I think I''m going to throw together a happy box and put in what gift I get him to give it a personal touch. =)

Thanks again, everyone, for their great suggestions!

So who gets a vacation day this week?
Yay Canada day on Wednesday! =P

Off work on Friday, and spending the 4th on the lake watching fireworks!
10.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:45:55 AM
Author: TopoDazzle
Morning all...

So I could use some brief encouragement, if folks don''t mind. I have a big meeting in about 45 mins...all part of defending my dissertation and I am just sitting here...avoiding. I''ve got to get moving and get ready, but I think I''m feeling ambivalent about moving forward. I rather like my life and even tho there are such great things on the horizon I''m doing this --dig my heals in so I can enjoy the moment a little more--can anyone relate?

Ok, just posting this makes me feel like I can handle a shower. (LOL).

1.gif
Good luck Topo! I''m sure you''ll be just fine.

Go take that shower!
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:45:25 AM
Morning, B!

I''m also sunburned, Princesss. We went to some balloonfest thing where they launch hot air balloons. It ended up being too windy for them to launch, but we got to watch like an hour of dogs catching frisbees. It was awesome when one of the yellow labs starting humping another dog right in the middle of the show.
9.gif

ETA: There was a carnival also, and let me tell you... i CANNOT handle spinny rides anymore. We went on a spinning teacup type ride and I almost threw up.
14.gif
Morning babe. I know, what is up with that?!! I love rides but I''ve noticed in the last few years, anytime I go on a rollercoaster or whatever, I get major motion sickness. It''s annoying!
11.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 9:52:27 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 6/29/2009 9:45:25 AM
Morning, B!

I''m also sunburned, Princesss. We went to some balloonfest thing where they launch hot air balloons. It ended up being too windy for them to launch, but we got to watch like an hour of dogs catching frisbees. It was awesome when one of the yellow labs starting humping another dog right in the middle of the show.
9.gif

14.gif
Morning babe. I know, what is up with that?!! I love rides but I''ve noticed in the last few years, anytime I go on a rollercoaster or whatever, I get major motion sickness. It''s annoying!
11.gif
It''s so strange! The older I get, the less I can handle spinning. Now I even get really severe carsickness if I''m sitting in the backseat. It''s ridiculous.

Getting old sucks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results