clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hello misskitty!

So have any of you seen Bride Wars?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
No, but I kind of want to! Is it any good?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Haven''t seen it yet but I just got the dvd from the Library so FF and I are going to watch it. Yes.....I will make him. lol

Geeze, a super storm just rolled in and it looks like a monsoon outside. Totally windy. Think I''m gonna step away from the computer for a few. The lighting just got bad. I''ll be back.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 4:43:53 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Hello misskitty!

So have any of you seen Bride Wars?
The only good parts they already showed in the previews for it. I thought it was dumb.
14.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok I''m back. That was an intense storm! We''ve been getting some hard rain and hail the past several weeks now.

Thanks sunnyd- I was wondering if it wouldn''t be any good but it looks good (to me) from the previews. I know I didn''t much care for 27 Dresses. I''m just a sucker for those ''girly'' movies.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
It wasn''t BAD, per se, but definitely an odd choice for those actresses, I thought. Oh well.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
hooray it''s back!! i missed the goaps
5.gif

so i''m not feeling altogether well so i just kinda skimmed through everything (my own fault for not feeling well though. blah one of these days i''ll learn)

that is one cute black polka-dotted dress! (heh apparently i''m had polka dots of the purple variety on the brain
25.gif
i had to post that story in the e-ring dream thread though since i really couldn''t figure out a place for it) it makes the chest look bigger? i think i''ll buy one in every color
9.gif

as far as wedding dresses/braless... um unless the magical boob fairy visits me then there''s no way i can with how those tops run. i''ll have to have the corset-bra thingy and cups sewn in and i still might tape the dang thing to me just to be safe for when it comes to dancing.

as far as weekend plans go:
tonight- i won a mary kay princess party (i swear the world is conspiring to make me girly) so that''s tonight, and depending on how long that goes i''ve been invited to a cook out at a friend''s
tomorrow- work then swimming unless i wear myself out with potatoes, in which case it will be floating. lots and lots of floating.
sunday- i think i work? not feeling like getting up to check the calendar. then possibly swim/float or just rest/clean room (it''s become a disaster area lately with all the running around i''ve been doing)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 5:58:15 PM
Author: Squirrly
as far as wedding dresses/braless... um unless the magical boob fairy visits me then there''s no way i can with how those tops run. i''ll have to have the corset-bra thingy and cups sewn in and i still might tape the dang thing to me just to be safe for when it comes to dancing.
hahaha! You are one funny chica
3.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 6:19:06 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

as far as wedding dresses/braless... um unless the magical boob fairy visits me then there's no way i can with how those tops run. i'll have to have the corset-bra thingy and cups sewn in and i still might tape the dang thing to me just to be safe for when it comes to dancing.
hahaha! You are one funny chica
3.gif

hehe thanks, but looks and smell aren't everything, or at least i try to remind myself of that
25.gif
9.gif

blargh. i will not take any more 5 hour energy shots, no matter if they are free samples. never never never. although i did end up with 16,666% of my daily B-12. i never want to be this awake again.

time to attempt to shower then make my way over to get all make-uped. i'll prolly post some pics of me being attacked with this stuff.
37.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey- I''m outa here! You ladies have a lovely weekend...

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
lol i know it''s belated, but you have one as well!

fire alarms+ 5am when i don''t have to be up by then=
38.gif

the party last night was a lot of fun, i didn''t take too many pics of the group sadly, but i ended up being the only one to get the color part done right then and my friend got plenty of pics of that. i just might make a thread of it, if the pics are amusing
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Yay for last night being a good time, Squirrly!

I had a good time, too. We''re still trying to pick a team name/logo and figure out what tournaments to go to. We had to come up with 25 name choices before they''d let us eat (slave drivers, I tell you!), and then we ate, and then the games started, and then the boys came over, and then it was a party! So we never ended up finishing the meeting. I guess that''ll be the last part of practice tomorrow. Happily I''m the least fit person on the team, which will push me to get in shape. Lovely selfish little piece of self iterest there. And we''re REALLY hoping to get to a tournament in Chicago, which would be my first time in the Windy City. So that''s all very exciting.

And now my dad''s here and I''m awake unreasonably early. I''m so excited for today, even though I''ll have to spend more money than I want to. Stupid sports being all expensive.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Okay. Decision time.

My birthday is next Friday. I feel like doing something awesome for myself. If you were me, would you:

1) Go skydiving?

2) Buy some bling?

3) Take a mini-vacation?

4) Massage + mani/pedi?

5) Something else that is so awesome I haven''t thought of it?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
SKydiving or vacation!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
hooray it's back!! i missed the goaps
5.gif

Don't worry, Squirrly--plenty of goaps to go around.

3.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 4:42:41 PM
Author: misskitty
Okay. Decision time.

My birthday is next Friday. I feel like doing something awesome for myself. If you were me, would you:

1) Go skydiving?

2) Buy some bling?

3) Take a mini-vacation?

4) Massage + mani/pedi?

5) Something else that is so awesome I haven''t thought of it?

Hmmm...what''s your budget?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Umm...kind of flexible (because a mani/pedi is not even in the same range as a trip or a piece of jewelery) but I don''t want to go too overboard.

I do need to decide by this afternoon. The skydiving option goes off the table then, just based on time constraints and such.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 11:27:24 AM
Author: ladypirate

hooray it''s back!! i missed the goaps
5.gif

Don''t worry, Squirrly--plenty of goaps to go around.

3.gif

oy i''m tired. for some reason i now have a very messed up version of the wheels on the bus go round and round stuck in my head. i didn''t know goats had wheels...

oh and thanks LP, i will gladly take some goaps, wheels or no wheels
28.gif

as for what to do misskitty, personally i wouldn''t go skydiving, but that''s just because i happen to be exceptionally terrified of falling. ("round.. ground! that''s it, ground! i wonder if it would like to be friends...)

however M went skydiving once (he forgot to tell me until the night before. definitely not what i expected to hear when i asked if he had any exciting plans for the next day.) he survived and loved it, so if you''re not terrified of going splat, and would enjoy the thrill, then i know he''d say go for it.

of course he also got convinced to try professional massages and liked it so much he got a monthly package. i treated myself to a spa day last october. the package included an hour long full body massage (i was in heaven) a body wrap with oxy-spa treatment (tons of fun) facial, paraffin hand and foot treatment, mani and i added on a pedi. that plus my haircut there came to about $300, and i was there for about 5 hours. i can''t wait to try that again
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

hi ladies

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 9:08:30 PM
Author: jcarlylew
9.gif

hi ladies

SO...?!?!?!??!?!
37.gif
37.gif
37.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
okay, you''ll have to forgive the short posts because i am still in the car and i cannot type so hot from my phone.

totally enagaed!!!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 9:15:41 PM
okay, you'll have to forgive the short posts because i am still in the car and i cannot type so hot from my phone.

totally enagaed!!!!!

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear all the details!

So excited for you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ETA: That listkeeper position is HOT!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
give me two hours to get home! you''lll get all the details and pics soon!!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 9:24:04 PM

i don''t care if i threw away half my body weight in peaches at 5am. bring on the caffeine, i wanna hear this story! and pics. nice shiiiiny pics.

congratulations to you and your now FI!
5.gif

hehehehe coffffeeeeeeeeeeeee
19.gif
37.gif
32.gif
23.gif
26.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 9:15:41 PM
okay, you''ll have to forgive the short posts because i am still in the car and i cannot type so hot from my phone.

totally enagaed!!!!!
WHAT thats so awesome congrats lady....listkeeper dust is STRONG!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
YAAAAAAAAY, congrats JCar!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. I opted to go skydiving. I do not even remotely regret that choice, and I want to go again ASAP.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 9:37:49 PM
Date: 6/28/2009 9:24:04 PM

i don''t care if i threw away half my body weight in peaches at 5am. bring on the caffeine, i wanna hear this story! and pics. nice shiiiiny pics.

congratulations to you and your now FI!
5.gif

hehehehe coffffeeeeeeeeeeeee
19.gif
37.gif
32.gif
23.gif
26.gif

LOL! i''m with Squirrly on this one! YAY!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
congrats jcarlylew!!!!!!!! can''t wait to hear the details, and see ring and hand pics!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
ellydizy - One of my friends just had her e-pics in a black polka dot dress (not the same one) and they look really cute

jcarleycrew - CONGRATS! can''t wait to hear the story

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 10:20:28 AM
Author: elation
Hey everyone!

So.. I was hoping someone would have some great ideas to help me out with

what should I get for the BF's birthday?

I have like.. a week. So far all I've thought of is:

1. New watch

2. New phone

3. .............. okay that's all I've got

He's turning 24 and I'm on a poor student's budget. Any ideas?

TIA!

sorry i'm late on this one but i wanted to chime in. whenever i'm strapped for cash and/or don't have any ideas for a specific b-day gift, i put together what i call a "happy box". it's basically just a bunch of little things that i know that person will like, all grouped together as one big gift. the things aren't anything extravagant, but anyone i've given them to love it because of the thought put into it. for your boyfriend, maybe you can put together some of his favorite candies, some "love coupons", a book about something he's into, maybe even a small amount on a gift card to go towards a new phone, watch or game that he can pick out. better yet, you could pair the happy box with a homemade version of his favorite meal, and then have you for dessert?
31.gif
keep us posted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results