shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with HH. I mean, the only time I can think of where you''ve done a tasting after booking is when you book a reception venue with on-site catering and you''re choosing your menu. They should at least provide you with a small sample of their offerings before booking...then a full smattering of options to taste after!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:08:23 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I think that''s a bogus business practice in my opinion. Granted it''s an expense, but running a successful business requires investment! For me this would be a deal breaker.
I''m glad you said that because this is my instinct. Cheap ass douchebags.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a bogus business practice in my opinion. Granted it''s an expense, but running a successful business requires investment! For me this would be a deal breaker.
Ditto. It''s so dumb. Can you offer to pay for the tasting?

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:12:45 PM
Author: sunnyd

Perhaps....

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:14:03 PM
Author: winelover23

Perhaps....
If you DO, and you book them, make them take the tasting fee out of your deposit.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good idea VC!

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah, I never quite understood this. What''s the point of tasting it AFTER you''re already locked in! But I''ve seen this done this way in quite a few places!

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ummmm, where did everybody go? Are you all actually getting work done?
33.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:37:25 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
33.gif
believe it or not, I actually got busy
11.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
33.gif
I''m here, I was talking to my bf who is coming into town this weekend! YAY!!!!! I''m asking her to be a bridesmaid so I''m DYING for her to get here!

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:39:43 PM
Author: Bia

33.gif
11.gif
Well, i choose not to believe it
3.gif
11.gif

I need to switch my holiday avatar out!
7.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
...also busy.
39.gif

but lurking!!

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:41:08 PM

33.gif
I''m here, I was talking to my bf who is coming into town this weekend! YAY!!!!! I''m asking her to be a bridesmaid so I''m DYING for her to get here!
That is so exciting!!!! I don''t think I''m having bridesmaids! Hmmm, I don''t know. My sis will definitely be my maid of honor but I don''t really have close close female friends like that, maybe I''ll have a brideslad
9.gif
or SO''s two sisters...

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:41:20 PM
Author: elledizzy5
...also busy.
39.gif

but lurking!!
I also choose not to believe this!
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:41:15 PM

Date: 1/13/2010 3:39:43 PM

33.gif
11.gif
Well, i choose not to believe it
3.gif
11.gif

I need to switch my holiday avatar out!
7.gif
yes, time. I did mine yesterday. now I just have to take my Christmas tree down! (shameful, I know people!...and yes, it''s dry as a bone)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m here. Also stalking my inbox.
7.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
33.gif
Copying receipts for supplies I bought so I can get reimbursed.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:42:53 PM

33.gif
I'm here, I was talking to my bf who is coming into town this weekend! YAY!!!!! I'm asking her to be a bridesmaid so I'm DYING for her to get here!
That is so exciting!!!! I don't think I'm having bridesmaids! Hmmm, I don't know. My sis will definitely be my maid of honor but I don't really have close close female friends like that, maybe I'll have a brideslad
9.gif
or SO's two sisters...
Oh yay, WL!!! That sounds fun! HDG, I'll only be having 2 since A only wants his 2 brothers. Next on my list of people, though, would be a brideslad!
9.gif

ETA: I was across the hall chatting about work and not-work with one of my coworkers.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock

33.gif
That is so exciting!!!! I don''t think I''m having bridesmaids! Hmmm, I don''t know. My sis will definitely be my maid of honor but I don''t really have close close female friends like that, maybe I''ll have a brideslad
9.gif
or SO''s two sisters...
I''m having them because J is having groomsmen otherwise I probably wouldn''t.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Okay. My friend''s mom is doing a project for an MBA. Basically they have to start up their own company, make the website, do the marketing, etc. She''s going to be starting a jewelry company, selling mid-range ($50-100) good quality jewelry using crystals and low $/ctw gems. They''re trying to name the company and want it to convey the iea . The following are on the table:

Snobby Jewels
Bratty Bling
Stuck Up Sparkles
Sassy Sparklies

Which would you most likely buy from? Which would you definitely NOT buy from? Have any other ideas for names?

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:50:25 PM

33.gif
9.gif
or SO''s two sisters...
I''m having them because J is having groomsmen otherwise I probably wouldn''t.
Yeah, I guess I''ll see what SO wants to do. I figured it might also be a nice way to include his sisters in the wedding. Meh, we''ll see!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ignoring the bad formatting, does this show me as identifying with Israel, world Jewry, local community, & synagogue?

Israel
I like to follow the accomplishments of scientists and others in Israel. It is exciting to hear the progress that has been (and is being) made in technology, agriculture, and defense. Israel is an important place and it makes me happy to see so many successful things going on there. When I finish with school (hopefully sooner) I’d love to visit Israel and spend some time there.

World Jewry
There are many Jewish communities all around the world. This creates a huge diversity of food, music, art, and opinions. Even with all of the differences, there are things that are shared by all of the communities around the world. It is so interesting to be able to post a question or comment on a forum and get to hear back from people in Germany, France, Morocco, Spain, Canada, and more.

Local community
I recently signed up on ShabbatDinnerCrowd.com. I’m really excited to get to meet more people from the local community in a less formal setting. There have been barbeques, concerts, and other events but they are too large to really get to know anyone very well.

Synagogue
I have gotten to meet many people at HNT and am enjoying getting to know them better. The block parties have been a lot of fun and a lot easier to meet people. Hosting the summer party in Sammamish was the best thing we did all summer. It is great to know that so many people live in Sammamish/Issaquah.
The Torahthon and other classes are a nice way to get to meet even more people from Herzl and others in the community. I love the classes that really get going debating different views and digging deep into what stuff means. It is really when you get to learn about who the other people in the class are and how they view things.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:53:21 PM
Author: vc10um
Okay. My friend''s mom is doing a project for an MBA. Basically they have to start up their own company, make the website, do the marketing, etc. She''s going to be starting a jewelry company, selling mid-range ($50-100) good quality jewelry using crystals and low $/ctw gems. They''re trying to name the company and want it to convey the iea . The following are on the table:

Snobby Jewels
Bratty Bling
Stuck Up Sparkles
Sassy Sparklies

Which would you most likely buy from? Which would you definitely NOT buy from? Have any other ideas for names?
Why are ''Stuck Up,'' ''Snobby,'' ''Bratty'' being considered? Is there a reason? I don''t like any of the names, truthfully.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock

Snobby Jewels
Bratty Bling
Stuck Up Sparkles
Sassy Sparklies

I probably would only be inclined to buy from a "Sassy Sparklies."

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snobby Jewels
Bratty Bling
Stuck Up Sparkles
Sassy Sparklies

I like Sassy Sparklies.

Bratty Bling I wouldn''t go near.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Snobby Jewels
Bratty Bling
Stuck Up Sparkles
Sassy Sparklies

Sassy Sparklies would be a maybe.

Probably wouldn''t buy from the other 3 options because the names are sort of odd, IMO. I can easily imagine how jewelry could be sassy (in a good way) but snobby, bratty, and stuck up are not really sentiments I would want to have towards my accessories. If that makes sense.

Are these the only options or is she going to add more based on the feedback?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:57:03 PM

Snobby Jewels
Bratty Bling
Stuck Up Sparkles
Sassy Sparklies

Why are ''Stuck Up,'' ''Snobby,'' ''Bratty'' being considered? Is there a reason? I don''t like any of the names, truthfully.
Not sure. Possibly to differentiate as higher-end from some of the other mail-order jewelry companies? (They''d be selling these catalogue and Mary Kay Party style...)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 4:02:26 PM
Author: Clairitek

Snobby Jewels
Bratty Bling
Stuck Up Sparkles
Sassy Sparklies

Probably wouldn''t buy from the other 3 options because the names are sort of odd, IMO. I can easily imagine how jewelry could be sassy (in a good way) but snobby, bratty, and stuck up are not really sentiments I would want to have towards my accessories. If that makes sense.

I''m hoping they add more once I tell them the first 3 are out.
3.gif
LOL.

PS: We''re almost on page 500!!!
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 4:03:30 PM

Snobby Jewels
Bratty Bling
Stuck Up Sparkles
Sassy Sparklies

3.gif
LOL.

36.gif
I just saw that VC!! Yay for page 500!!
36.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 4:03:30 PM

Snobby Jewels
Bratty Bling
Stuck Up Sparkles
Sassy Sparklies

3.gif
LOL.

36.gif
I hope they do add more options. Especially those three come accross as obnoxious. Low end & not really serious or over price & not really serious.
I''d expect it to be somewhere a teenager would go to buy cheap, gawdy, fake stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results