shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
LOL they even give a free book light with the Snuggie!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:23:21 PM
Author: Bia
I''m trying to picture FI wearing a snuggie
9.gif
Hopefully not the zebra print one...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:24:28 PM
Author: elledizzy5

9.gif
not a good look...although even the plain one would look dorky on him

guess he''s not a snuggie kind of guy

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:27:24 PM

9.gif

YOU''RE his snuggie, B!

20.gif
2.gif
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock

9.gif
Psh, obviously the classic camel. It''s FOR HIM (at least that''s what they say on the commercial).

Also, I''m thinking this will be perfect on long, cold plane flights.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
haha the Snuggie! I don''t get those things. I mean I understand the concept but it''s completely open in the back. So it sort of defeats the purpose.

Eating lunch right now. I was so hungry! Made salads last night with this pasta stuff but I didn''t eat much of the pasta because it taste like dirt to me. I think it was the spinach in it
14.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:29:31 PM

Date: 7/14/2009 2:27:24 PM

9.gif

YOU''RE his snuggie, B!

20.gif
2.gif
9.gif
tru
16.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:29:58 PM
Author: princesss

9.gif
Psh, obviously the classic camel. It''s FOR HIM (at least that''s what they say on the commercial).

Ohhh... good thinking! It''s perfect for a plane!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:33:26 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
haha the Snuggie! I don''t get those things. I mean I understand the concept but it''s completely open in the back. So it sort of defeats the purpose.

Eating lunch right now. I was so hungry! Made salads last night with this pasta stuff but I didn''t eat much of the pasta because it taste like dirt to me. I think it was the spinach in it
14.gif
did you wash the spinach? I wash/rinse it 3 or 4 times because it can be really gritty. I''m OCD about washing veggies...HATE finding sand or dirt in my food.

I love spinach
18.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:35:36 PM

9.gif

Would you want camel? I''d want the red. It looks like a blanket. But then when you wear it, it reminds me of cult-wear. All it needs is a hood.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:38:23 PM

9.gif

Would you want camel? I''d want the red. It looks like a blanket. But then when you wear it, it reminds me of cult-wear. All it needs is a hood.
Are you planning on starting a cult?

I''d rock the zebra.
11.gif

FI would get the bonus camel color (for the low, low free* price of 7.95)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Since we're on the subject...

Are we going to get anymore pictures of your ring ELLE?
3.gif
5.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
35.gif

12.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:40:59 PM
Since we''re on the suject...

3.gif
5.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
35.gif

12.gif
You show me yours, I''ll show you mine!

I don''t recall a Bia SMTR...
27.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:40:08 PM

Date: 7/14/2009 2:38:23 PM

9.gif

Are you planning on starting a cult?

I''d rock the zebra.
11.gif

FI would get the bonus camel color (for the low, low free* price of 7.95)
Its like the mages hoodie...right? That''s prob why I like it.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of zebra...

I have a zebra print dress I wore once. It''s in the back of my closet. I wonder if that would work for e-pics. Red shoes still apply!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
good afternoon ladies!

ok, i''m totally loving the fact that we''re talking about wings! the sports bar that i manage specializes in them, and we''re the only place around here where you can find "authentic" Buffalo style wings. we actually got to compete for the first time at the National Buffalo Wing Festival last year and we got invited back for this year''s. there was actually a Travel Channel or Food Network special on the festival and my place got a little "air time" with the franchise owner. this year, the owner said that two girls from every location get to go this year and i''m hoping they''ll let me do it!

so, BF and i had a discussion on engagement rings while in bed last night and i ended up feeling bad about it. at first he started asking me general questions like: what kind of setting i like, what carat size, color and clarity i was comfortable with. i told him that it all depended on what his ring budget was like, and he said, "ahh...i''m a little uncomfortable telling you my budget so, why don''t you just describe your dream ring." well, i said a "dream ring" would be something like a 2ct chunky cushion, D, VVS1 for me. of course, i told him that was just my inner jewelry snob talking, and that it''s just what it is: a dream ring. i would never in a million years expect him to get a ring like that and would be happy with whatever he chose to get me.

he didn''t believe me. he was like, "i can''t get you "whatever", i want to get you a dream ring. something that i know you''ll be ecstatic over and not ever think that i could''ve gotten you a better ring. it''s like me and watches for example. i wouldn''t expect you to just go and get me a "whatever" watch. i mean if you did, of course i''d wear it and be proud of it, but it wouldn''t be the watch that i really wanted. honey, i love the fact that you would be happy with whatever i got you, in fact i think it''s endearing, but you''re going to have to help me out here and let me know what you really want. if i have to change my budget and work a 2nd job, i''ll do it."

i guess most girls would feel elated to hear something like that, but i sure didn''t.
7.gif
i don''t know...i just felt like a snotty spoiled brat for even mentioning my dream ring. in the end, i just told him that i don''t expect an overly extravagant ring, and that he could definitely find me a dream ring with his original budget. i guess i started dozing off at this point because he started laughing and said, "ok, we''ll talk about it some more later. out of all the women i could''ve fallen in love with, i got the diamond lover! i wouldn''t have it any other way.".

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Suddenly I keep getting really really dizzy. Like to the point where I can''t stand up without feeling like I''m going to fall. I tried eating lunch, I still feel the same way. I wonder why...

Personally I think I would go with the leopard print Snuggie. DH seems to like leopard print
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:41:55 PM

3.gif
5.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
35.gif

12.gif

27.gif
Ahhhhhhh...MY BAD...I should have KNOWN you''d take it there miss elle. (Damn, you remember everything)

I''m waiting for my reset, remember? And I know yours is already set in its permanent home.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:46:00 PM
Author: Lilac
Suddenly I keep getting really really dizzy. Like to the point where I can''t stand up without feeling like I''m going to fall. I tried eating lunch, I still feel the same way. I wonder why...

Personally I think I would go with the leopard print Snuggie. DH seems to like leopard print
2.gif
Hows your blood pressure? Mine is always low, and I get dizzy a lot, even with my increase in salt.

Are you dehydrated at all?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:46:00 PM

2.gif
hmmmm. that doesn''t sound good. I hope you feel better fast.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:46:51 PM

3.gif
5.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
35.gif

12.gif

27.gif
Ahhhhhhh...MY BAD...I should have KNOWN you''d take it there miss elle. (Damn, you remember everything)

I''m waiting for my reset, remember? And I know yours is already set in its permanent home.
Yeah, yeah...
20.gif

Pssshhh.. reset. Right!

I am way overdue for an SMTR. I know, I know. I really need to just sit down and do a ring photo shoot. One of these days... Maybe tomorrow when FI is out. I like my privacy when I take pictures for PS.
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:44:47 PM
Author: vip0802
good afternoon ladies!

ok, i''m totally loving the fact that we''re talking about wings! the sports bar that i manage specializes in them, and we''re the only place around here where you can find ''authentic'' Buffalo style wings. we actually got to compete for the first time at the National Buffalo Wing Festival last year and we got invited back for this year''s. there was actually a Travel Channel or Food Network special on the festival and my place got a little ''air time'' with the franchise owner. this year, the owner said that two girls from every location get to go this year and i''m hoping they''ll let me do it!

so, BF and i had a discussion on engagement rings while in bed last night and i ended up feeling bad about it. at first he started asking me general questions like: what kind of setting i like, what carat size, color and clarity i was comfortable with. i told him that it all depended on what his ring budget was like, and he said, ''ahh...i''m a little uncomfortable telling you my budget so, why don''t you just describe your dream ring.'' well, i said a ''dream ring'' would be something like a 2ct chunky cushion, D, VVS1 for me. of course, i told him that was just my inner jewelry snob talking, and that it''s just what it is: a dream ring. i would never in a million years expect him to get a ring like that and would be happy with whatever he chose to get me.

he didn''t believe me. he was like, ''i can''t get you ''whatever'', i want to get you a dream ring. something that i know you''ll be ecstatic over and not ever think that i could''ve gotten you a better ring. it''s like me and watches for example. i wouldn''t expect you to just go and get me a ''whatever'' watch. i mean if you did, of course i''d wear it and be proud of it, but it wouldn''t be the watch that i really wanted. honey, i love the fact that you would be happy with whatever i got you, in fact i think it''s endearing, but you''re going to have to help me out here and let me know what you really want. if i have to change my budget and work a 2nd job, i''ll do it.''

i guess most girls would feel elated to hear something like that, but i sure didn''t.
7.gif
i don''t know...i just felt like a snotty spoiled brat for even mentioning my dream ring. in the end, i just told him that i don''t expect an overly extravagant ring, and that he could definitely find me a dream ring with his original budget. i guess i started dozing off at this point because he started laughing and said, ''ok, we''ll talk about it some more later. out of all the women i could''ve fallen in love with, i got the diamond lover! i wouldn''t have it any other way.''.
Does he know anything about diamonds? Do you know what his price range is? A 2ct cushion, with the specs you described, can be quite expensive (depending on his budget of course). Since he''s talking diamonds with you, why don''t you try and find out what he''s thinking and then give him a more realistic ballpark...again depending on his budget.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
vip - don''t feel bad, he ASKED you. Maybe bring it up again gently and just explain again that when he asked you to describe your dream ring it was sort of like you were telling him if you both had an unlimited amount of money, thats what you would want, but you will be over the moon ecstatic with XYZ or whatever he gets for you.

If DH asks me what kind of house I want I might say I want a 7 bedroom mansion with a pool and tennis court in the backyard, but I would never in a million years expect that and I will be soo happy with something even half that size - something more REALISTIC. I would rather take the extra money and use it towards something else. Just because we fantasize about certain expensive items doesn''t mean we expect them or will be unhappy with something smaller
3.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks elle and Bia. I''ll try drinking some water - maybe I am dehydrated.. my apartment is kinda hot I just turned on the air conditioner so maybe that will help. I used to get dizzy a lot but recently it hasn''t been happening until today.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
VIP, what a sweet guy! I''d feel guilty too, though.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
What about pointing out that he''s got to give you something to work towards? Maybe save the big, honking dream ring for a 10th/20th/25th anniversary ring, and have the happy, realistic ring now. I''d rather have more time with my BF than a bigger ring.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:48:49 PM

3.gif
5.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
35.gif

12.gif

27.gif

Yeah, yeah...
20.gif

Pssshhh.. reset. Right!

I am way overdue for an SMTR. I know, I know. I really need to just sit down and do a ring photo shoot. One of these days... Maybe tomorrow when FI is out. I like my privacy when I take pictures for PS.
2.gif
Excuses, excuuuuuuses
20.gif

9.gif

I told FI about what setting I liked (micropave! my tastes are changing, and I don''t know why) and he didn''t like it. He said he likes simple best. I can''t tell if he''s saying that because more diamonds means more money, or if he really likes the plain platinum. This is the one I am thinking of...what do you think? LeonMege_-_1222

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:57:07 PM

Date: 7/14/2009 2:48:49 PM

3.gif
5.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
35.gif

12.gif

27.gif

Yeah, yeah...
20.gif

Pssshhh.. reset. Right!

2.gif
Excuses, excuuuuuuses
20.gif

9.gif

I told FI about what setting I liked (micropave! my tastes are changing, and I don''t know why) and he didn''t like it. He said he likes simple best. I can''t tell if he''s saying that because more diamonds means more money, or if he really likes the plain platinum. This is the one I am thinking of...what do you think? LeonMege_-_1222
It''s funny... I''ve always been simple jewelry kind of girl, and I keep falling more and more in love with different styles.. particularly pave!

My FI didn''t like the pave band with my e-ring either. I decided against it because my diamond is a J, and the pave stones are generally a whiter color, and I didn''t want to make the center stone more yellow looking.

I LOVE that Leon... B. It''s really gorgeous! What are you thinking for a w-band?

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:54:11 PM
Thanks elle and Bia. I''ll try drinking some water - maybe I am dehydrated.. my apartment is kinda hot I just turned on the air conditioner so maybe that will help. I used to get dizzy a lot but recently it hasn''t been happening until today.
try laying down and putting your feet/calves up on a chair/box/couch. when i get dizzy it''s cause my blood decides it doesn''t like my brain (don''t know why, not like my brain works all that hard or anything
25.gif
) and decides it''s just going to chill in my legs until i force it to move. silly blood.

what about salt? had much of that lately?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again, ladies!

All that buffalo talk makes me want to whip up a batch of buffalo sauce. I don''t even know what I''d put it on, because there isn''t anything thawed in our fridge, but I guess I could make dipping sauce for fries? Is that awesome or gross?

Lilac, definitely push those fluids. Gatorade sometimes perks me up when I get that kind of feeling.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results