carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 12:24:57 PM
Author: TheBigT
BEG, I hear ya on the waking up thing. My hubby''s IMPOSSIBLE to wake, yet he always asks me to. ARgh!
I don''t know if you''re in midtown, but if you are, have you discovered midtownlunch.com yet? I lurve it.
Do you love calling him hubby? I can''t wait to call FI "husband." "Fiance" doesn''t roll naturally off my tongue and boyfriend is not right either.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
BEG, I hear ya on the waking up thing. My hubby''s IMPOSSIBLE to wake, yet he always asks me to. ARgh!

I don''t know if you''re in midtown, but if you are, have you discovered midtownlunch.com yet? I lurve it.

Ooh thanks! I think I''m going to drag BF to Chopt....yum....

Are you in NY?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 12:25:53 PM
Author: Bia
Date: 7/14/2009 12:19:19 PM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Thanks for the sympathy ladies.

Random thoughts:

1) I want a salad. A delicious, fatty Cobb salad. From Chop''t if possible.

2) I like my officemate, he''s a great guy, but NOT when he turns on the fan in our freezing office. Just take your freakin'' jacket off!!

3) I hate waking up BF because he asked me to, and he won''t get up, and then I waste a lot of time trying to get him awake, and I get pissed off. What a waste of time.

It''s not the greatest day, sadly.

I hope all of your days are going better!!!
FI is an early bird, but he doesn''t like to be woken up when he''s been up late. He actually had the nerve to get annoyed with me because I called him from my car on Saturday morning after realizing I''d forgotten my wallet, and needed him to bring it down to me. Nevermind that I was in a hurry to get to class, and that I was going to be late!

eta: Hope your day gets better
1.gif

Ooh that''s annoying! Yeah, BF gets grumpy, but so do I - neither of us are morning people. But I set 3 alarms and make myself get up. Anytime it''s left to him to get up on his own (like I have an early meeting or something), he''ll oversleep. Gah!

And thanks!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okey dokey...

Running to Whole Foods, then home for lunch.

See ya!
3.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 12:28:24 PM

Do you love calling him hubby? I can''t wait to call FI ''husband.'' ''Fiance'' doesn''t roll naturally off my tongue and boyfriend is not right either.
Definitely prefer "husband" to "fiance," but I still feel like I''m lying when I say it. And even though I changed my last name, I forget to introduce myself to people that way. Oops.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 12:30:01 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Okey dokey...

See ya!
3.gif
Drive safe!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 12:31:11 PM

Do you love calling him hubby? I can''t wait to call FI ''husband.'' ''Fiance'' doesn''t roll naturally off my tongue and boyfriend is not right either.
Definitely prefer ''husband'' to ''fiance,'' but I still feel like I''m lying when I say it. And even though I changed my last name, I forget to introduce myself to people that way. Oops.
ha. i call E "bethrothed"
Fiance does sound weird to me too.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Okey dokey...

See ya!
3.gif
Get something healthy!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 12:39:13 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Definitely prefer ''husband'' to ''fiance,'' but I still feel like I''m lying when I say it. And even though I changed my last name, I forget to introduce myself to people that way. Oops.
ha. i call E ''bethrothed''
Right? I don''t mind typing it, but saying it...I wince. It just seems pretentious to me, I don''t why because it''s not.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I like calling DH my "husband" - before we were engaged, boyfriend was so much easier to say than fiance and I always felt like fiance was an in-between stage. Like at that point I just wanted to be calling him my husband already and fiance was annoying to say.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 12:39:13 PM
Author: jcarlylew

ha. i call E ''bethrothed''

Cute! It sounds Jane Austen-ish, I love it!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Okey dokey...

See ya!
3.gif

Have fun!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
so we just watched a vid called Fish! for training purposes featuring this pike place fish market thingy. i believe i just might''ve heard about it on here. is it really that awesome? if i mail myself to seattle will someone open my box and direct me to the fishy place?

and i love wings, so does M, however i can do the blazin challenge at b dubs and he won''t go there. he''s only a couple levels under that spicyness though.
darn it, fish made me want sushi.

and i just got caught up, panic attacks suck, i had one when i was working the at the doughnut place and the only way i could keep myself from passing out was to work drive-through and stay completely busy. t''was the rents that caused mine though.

*hugs* elation! it''ll get better and you''re not incompetent and they hired the right person. i currently feel utterly useless at work since i have no numbers to get into the systems i need so when things get busy i get booted off so the person training me can get stuff done in a much faster fashion than i can.

misskittty- in addition to packages, letters are wonderful. which reminds me i need to mail my friend who just got to mali.

i forgot to have my TB test read on saturday. guess who''s going to be stuck again. yay.
20.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
OMG, the FISH video totally changed my life. Seriously. Play, Make Their Day, Be There, and Choose Your Attitude are the foundation of my daily life. Choose Your Attitude was especially revolutionary for me. I can''t say enough about how much I''ve changed since watching that video.

And I thought you guys would enjoy this:

I have a secret crush on the Snuggie. I desperately want one. I''m ALWAYS cold, and I love snuggling up on the couch and reading, but it means one arm is always cold. Combined with that, my circulation kind of sucks, so whatever hand holds the book turns blue and my fingers don''t work so well. I finally admitted to BF that I wanted one yesterday. So today I had a terrible day, and BF agreed to bring lunch so we could sit by the pond at my office and eat together. Apparently he went searching through Target and Bed, Bath, & Beyond looking for one for me. And not just any one - the zebra print one (it''s my favourite).

Well, the plan didn''t work. He couldn''t find one. So instead I got to hear his story about going to BB&B. (He went up to the lady at the front register and said, "So, I never thought I would say this, but here it goes. Do you have a Snuggie?" and when she said they had blue and leopard print, he said, "Again, I never thought I would say this, but I''m sorry. She has to have the zebra print Snuggie. Do you have zebra print?") Oh, the things that boy endures for me.
3.gif
But it means I probably get a Snuggie soon. It cracks me up, though, that he''ll have this plan to surprise me, and then when it doesn''t work he gives up and just tells me what he was going to do. No delaying it, it''s just, "Nope, that didn''t work. The plan flopped. Oh well. Honey, want to hear about this AWESOME plan I had?"

I dread what that means for a proposal, though.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:25:38 PM
Author: princesss
OMG, the FISH video totally changed my life. Seriously. Play, Make Their Day, Be There, and Choose Your Attitude are the foundation of my daily life. Choose Your Attitude was especially revolutionary for me. I can''t say enough about how much I''ve changed since watching that video.

I have a secret crush on the Snuggie. I desperately want one. I''m ALWAYS cold, and I love snuggling up on the couch and reading, but it means one arm is always cold. Combined with that, my circulation kind of sucks, so whatever hand holds the book turns blue and my fingers don''t work so well. I finally admitted to BF that I wanted one yesterday. So today I had a terrible day, and BF agreed to bring lunch so we could sit by the pond at my office and eat together. Apparently he went searching through Target and Bed, Bath, & Beyond looking for one for me. And not just any one - the zebra print one (it''s my favourite).

Well, the plan didn''t work. He couldn''t find one. So instead I got to hear his story about going to BB&B. (He went up to the lady at the front register and said, ''So, I never thought I would say this, but here it goes. Do you have a Snuggie?'' and when she said they had blue and leopard print, he said, ''Again, I never thought I would say this, but I''m sorry. She has to have the zebra print Snuggie. Do you have zebra print?'') Oh, the things that boy endures for me.
3.gif
But it means I probably get a Snuggie soon. It cracks me up, though, that he''ll have this plan to surprise me, and then when it doesn''t work he gives up and just tells me what he was going to do. No delaying it, it''s just, ''Nope, that didn''t work. The plan flopped. Oh well. Honey, want to hear about this AWESOME plan I had?''

LOL... poor guy.

Dude. I want a snuggie SO BAD. We saw them at Target and I almost bought one. I should just do it. I can''t deny my love any longer.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
noooooooooo not the snuggie cult!!! run before the inition squad gets you!
25.gif

they do look comfy, and you always will have a wizard/monk costume on hand for halloween. i just could never wear one and not run around goofing off in one.

and fish was amazing. except i probably shouldn''t toss the urine samples. for some reason i see that ending badly. oh and speaking of magic 8 balls, have you guys seen ask me jesus? it is awesome. and they have a virtual one. and it''s pink. you know you want to google it.
31.gif
dooooooooooooo it.

i wonder when they''ll tell me how to get into this email i''m supposed to be getting...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:28:19 PM

Well, the plan didn''t work. He couldn''t find one. So instead I got to hear his story about going to BB&B. (He went up to the lady at the front register and said, ''So, I never thought I would say this, but here it goes. Do you have a Snuggie?'' and when she said they had blue and leopard print, he said, ''Again, I never thought I would say this, but I''m sorry. She has to have the zebra print Snuggie. Do you have zebra print?'') Oh, the things that boy endures for me.
3.gif
But it means I probably get a Snuggie soon. It cracks me up, though, that he''ll have this plan to surprise me, and then when it doesn''t work he gives up and just tells me what he was going to do. No delaying it, it''s just, ''Nope, that didn''t work. The plan flopped. Oh well. Honey, want to hear about this AWESOME plan I had?''

LOL... poor guy.

Dude. I want a snuggie SO BAD. We saw them at Target and I almost bought one. I should just do it. I can''t deny my love any longer.
YES! I knew I wasn''t alone! I wasn''t going to order one from the TV, but once they show up at Target they''re fair game. Target had a zebra one the other day, but then they sold out of the zebra.
39.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA Squirrly. Throwing urine samples couldn''t possibly be a bad idea. No way.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock

3.gif

Awww!! Adorable story!!! What a good guy! I love his perseverence.

But no need to have a secret crush on the Snuggie... be proud of your Snuggie love! I have one and I love it.

Actually - my BF surprised me with mine after I spent a few weeks talking about how awesome I thought they were (though I got mine before the cool prints came out, so I just have blue... would love the leopard print one!). Kinda funny... I came home one night, and he told me he had a surprise for me. When he pulled out the Snuggie, I FLIPPED OUT! I was so psyched. BF was amazed at how happy I was and was like, "Um... you know I just picked ths up at Walgreen''s right? It really makes you this happy?" In retrospect, I probably did get a little over-excited about it.

Meanwhile, have you heard of Snuggie Pub Crawls? They did one in Chicago (I did not go but saw pictures - HILARIOUS), and I know they were having them in alot of other cities. I believe they are now doing them for charities.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
good morning, er afternoon ladies.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:31:52 PM
Author: Squirrly
noooooooooo not the snuggie cult!!! run before the inition squad gets you!
25.gif

they do look comfy, and you always will have a wizard/monk costume on hand for halloween. i just could never wear one and not run around goofing off in one.

and fish was amazing. except i probably shouldn''t toss the urine samples. for some reason i see that ending badly. oh and speaking of magic 8 balls, have you guys seen ask me jesus? it is awesome. and they have a virtual one. and it''s pink. you know you want to google it.
31.gif
dooooooooooooo it.

i wonder when they''ll tell me how to get into this email i''m supposed to be getting...
See the wizard look, I totally want one...
I desperately want to be a comfy wizard

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:32:04 PM

Date: 7/14/2009 1:28:19 PM

3.gif

LOL... poor guy.

YES! I knew I wasn''t alone! I wasn''t going to order one from the TV, but once they show up at Target they''re fair game. Target had a zebra one the other day, but then they sold out of the zebra.
39.gif
Are Snuggies those sleeping bags you wear?

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only seen the Snuggie in red and blue at BB&B - they make them in leopard print and zebra print now? cute!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:46:46 PM
Author: Lilac
I''ve only seen the Snuggie in red and blue at BB&B - they make them in leopard print and zebra print now? cute!
They are *ahem* FASHIONABLE leopard and zebra print. And classic camel (perfect for him).

Yeah, I definitely only refer to it as "fashionable zebra print" when I''m talking to BF.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Snuggie

Ever ask yourself: Why didn't I invent this?!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:57:24 PM

I've only seen the Snuggie in red and blue at BB&B - they make them in leopard print and zebra print now? cute!
They are *ahem* FASHIONABLE leopard and zebra print. And classic camel (perfect for him).

Yeah, I definitely only refer to it as 'fashionable zebra print' when I'm talking to BF.
If you are looking for more options to suit your fashion preferences, you can also check out:

The Slanket http://www.theslanket.com/
The Blankoat http://www.srulirecht.com/index.php/projects/blankoat.html
The Freedom Blanket https://www.freedomblanket.com/

The Blankoat is a horrible name, but actually quite nice looking. ETA: It's also about $300!!!!! Yowza.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I freaking LOVE my Snuggie! It''s seriously the greatest invention ever! Everyone makes fun of my Snuggie, so I''m glad you guys love them too. LOL!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 2:04:58 PM
Snuggie

Ever ask yourself: Why didn''t I invent this?!
LOL

Every day, B. Every. Single. Day.

38.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:57:24 PM

Yeah, I definitely only refer to it as ''fashionable zebra print'' when I''m talking to BF.
Designer Snuggies!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to picture FI wearing a snuggie
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results