shape
carat
color
clarity

The Ideal numbers within Ideal cut (RB)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragongem

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 2:03:55 AM
Author: Carlotta
Call GOG and ask them to compare them re: clarity and overall look......or they might suggest another option!!

Good luck!!!
I did and the person who helped me said both stones look identical but based on some of the tests, the 1.23 F VS2 is better so thanks for the recommendation. I have reserved that stone. Now I just have to find someone who will set the stone for me. Of course I just went against every jeweler's recommendation of "don't buy a stone, based on #s."
9.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DG, congrats on the F VS2. And, just pointing out that you DIDN''T buy a stone based off of numbers. You had lots of more than just numbers...

dragongem

Rough_Rock
Thanks Julie!!! I am excited too! And yes this forum is definately the best help ever!

dragongem

Rough_Rock
So there it is the 2 stones side by side. So far it has been 50-50 on which stone people have liked more. Sorry for the big picture, its the first time I uploaded anything and I can't seem to modify it now.
14.gif

diam comparison2.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
based on that pickure I like the 1.23 better, just a bit more head shadow shows on the other.
ie: arrows too dark.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2006 6:24:36 PM
Author: strmrdr
based on that pickure I like the 1.23 better, just a bit more head shadow shows on the other.
ie: arrows too dark.
Same here, plus it has an advantage in that it is a little larger... over 1.2 sounds better!

dragongem

Rough_Rock
Wow you guys must have good eyes or something because here are the Isee2 scores!

diaaaaaaaaaa.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a very neat tool!

jonclegg

Rough_Rock
A comment about being able to see that inclusion. I recently purchased a 1.62 VS2 with an inclusion that is in exactly the same place. I was not able to see the inclusion at all using tweezers, even under a loop it was very small and hard to see.

Once it was mounted I actually could spot it, however it is very difficult to see. you need to know exactly what to look for and hold it just the right angle under just the right light. IMO this is not a bad inclusion, its actually nice to be able to pin point if this is really your stone or not.

All that being said, i would prefer that that crystal on the crown instead of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results