shape
carat
color
clarity

The HILLZ -- Young, Dumb, Engaged

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 10:09:09 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
If any of you care to watch Heidi 'perform' you can go here.

First of all she is obviously lip syncing. Second, the way she is dancing or whatever it is she is doing makes her look like a five year old. She needs to visit a choreographer, even if it's only to teach her to calm her hand movements down a bit. I love Spencer in the background acting like she is the greatest performer of all time.

GAG!
What's that taste in the back of my mouth? Oh yeah..... vomit.

It's like watching a seven year old girl play with her first karaoke machine.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this show -- it''s one of my guilty pleasures, right there with Rock of Love (which is really on another level of bad reality tv, but it''s like a train wreck and I can''t not watch it!)

I used to side with Heidi and think, my god, Lauren doesn''t want her friends to have bfs...then the more I watch it, the more I realize that I really think she''s just looking out for her friends, it''s not like they''re picking these awesome guys and she''s saying bad stuff so she can have her friends to herself -- they really are not good guys (or don''t seem to be on TV) -- I mean Spencer was soooo rude to Lauren the last season, and there is really no need for that. I''d never data a guy who was so mean and rude to my friends.

Then that Justin Bobby with his combat boots, short shorts and dirty hair and T shirt is rude to Lauren as well, and she didn''t do anything to him, he just knew that it was important to Audrina that he make a good impression since he''d made an awful one before (ie: leaving her in vegas, not cool) -- he goes in with this "I don''t need to be judged" attitude and is so disrespectful to Audrina and selfish -- he can''t even act nice to her friend because he''s too cool to be judged. Puh-leeze.

Honestly, the more I see Heidi the more I can''t stand her. Not because she''s mean or whatever, but because she allows Spencer to become her life and to really define her life. She''s the epitemy of what every girl''s mom says to not be -- she''s allowed a man to take over her life and she''s ostracized her friends probably to the point of no return. I think Elodie''s implied point that everyone hates HER, so obviously she did something, and it''s not everyone else, is spot on. She''s becoming more and more like Spencer, and it''s sad to watch -- she doesn''t have a strong sense of self so is resorting to being like him, and it''s awful. Every time I see Spencer on tv I seriously want to wretch. He''s so lame and just yuck--really there is nothing attractive about him at all and if she had better self-esteem she could do much better! I hate when he makes those snide immature comments, I just want to jump through the screen and tell him off.
14.gif

And I don''t like Spencer''s hair.

Brody is hot though.
18.gif
At least he seems to be the most normal of the bunch.

Jason I have no idea about, I didn''t watch LB so I don''t know enough about him.

LOVE THIS SHOW!! haha

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
*~*I love this show too!!! I''ve been hooked since season 1 of Laguna Beach (sad, I know; and yes, I watch Newport Harbor)!!! Did anyone watch the show Monday?? *SPOILER ALERT* I am sooooooooo on Team Elodie...Heidi screwed her out of that job, and Elodie had been there a year longer than her...wow!!! I like how Elodie put her in her place in a nice way and was still able to remain professional about it. I love Lauren, and I used to like Heidi too until last night. It seems like the longer she & Spencer are together, the cattier she gets. I mean, he pumps her up to do these things that will eventually bite her in the butt (confronting Lauren, getting the job that Elodie had told her about, etc.). She doesn''t know how to keep a friend!!! And what about the whole run-in @ Ketchup (btw, I think that was def. set up by mtv)?? Why on earth would they send Lauren & Jason drinks?? And in a spiteful way at that...Spencer really irks me & Heidi is losing more & more friends because of his influence on her. That said, I think that her & Spencer really love each other, but at the same time it seems like he''s got some kind of motive. Justin-Bobby; I have no words for him or his combat boots w/ swimming trunks...Audrina can do sooo much better. I can''t wait for next week''s show!!*~*

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 5:08:49 PM
Author: BriBee

(Maybe we should start a weekly hills thread
9.gif
)

I second this idea! For a 30 min show, it certainly leaves you with plenty to talk about
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
bling *diva* I 100% agree with you. I love hoe Elodie handled herself "So sad..." Haha! Heidi''s face was priceless. Anyone else notice she told Spencer she had worked there for 2 years BUT Elodie said she worked there for two years (1 year longer than Heidi). I love how she is so clueless about why she has NO friends. Maybe b/c you will stab them in the back for anything?!?
20.gif
This is kind of a rude comment but anyone else think her hair is bleached within an inch of its like? Sometimes it looks scary. Spencer is SOOO icky! You know who I love? Whitney. I have always loved her. She is so mature and sweet. Don''t even get me started on Justin-Bobby! Arggg...some girls never learn!

I missed the previews for next week (DVR cut it off). What did I miss???

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
It''s the episode where Jason gets engaged at his house warming party. lol.

So, I guess I''m the only one who thinks that Lauren and Heidi are really friends in real life, and the whole Heidi/Specer/Her parents thing was scripted, and the whole Elodie thing was scripted as well?

Am I the only one who sees this show as fiction.....are there people out there who believes this show to be 100% true?!?!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I think a lot of it is set-up and scripted. Oh, did anyone else notice Jen looked different? Did she have a nose job or something?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think she had her lips done.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 11:59:40 AM
Author: luckystar112
It's the episode where Jason gets engaged at his house warming party. lol.

So, I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Lauren and Heidi are really friends in real life, and the whole Heidi/Specer/Her parents thing was scripted, and the whole Elodie thing was scripted as well?

Am I the only one who sees this show as fiction.....are there people out there who believes this show to be 100% true?!?!

Do you really think it matters? I think we're all entertained regardless of their 'real' situation.

Whatever 'real' is in Hollwood.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
If I didn''t think it mattered I wouldn''t have asked.

I agree that it is entertaining.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 12:07:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Oh I think a lot of it is set-up and scripted. Oh, did anyone else notice Jen looked different? Did she have a nose job or something?
I think Jen DEFINITELY had a nose job, I meant to look it up and see. I just remember thinking last season when I would see her that she was sort of odd looking. Then when I saw her a couple of episodes ago I thought she looked much different. Also, her voice was very nasally like she had a cold...OR a swollen nose job nose.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 11:59:40 AM
Author: luckystar112
So, I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Lauren and Heidi are really friends in real life, and the whole Heidi/Specer/Her parents thing was scripted, and the whole Elodie thing was scripted as well? Am I the only one who sees this show as fiction.....are there people out there who believes this show to be 100% true?!?!

There are a lot of shades of grey between "fiction" and "100% true", Grasshoppppa. Can't speak for everyone else but I DO NOT think that Lauren and Heidi are secretly friends & the whole feud is made up. I DO NOT think producers are "scripting" anything for anybody -- if you mean WRITING UP lines & cue-cards & teleprompter etc.... I DO think that producers manipulate who is where & instigate drama by encouraging people to tell each other off, or giving them ideas about what mean things they could do. And even make all parties feel like they are "in the right" -- regardless of the producers' own feelings, or insight they have into what the AUDIENCE is going to think. FWIW, I do work in tv ... but not on "reality" shows.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

OMG - I love this show!! I''m embarrassed to say it, but it''s definitely at the top of my list of top shows to watch! Part of me is just fascinated by young Hollywood and the scene out in LA. I guess it''s because I live in NYC it''s interesting for me to compare and contrast things.

I don''t think the Lauren vs. Heidi fight is made up. Let''s be honest, Lauren is not the best of actors and she really got into the night she saw Heidi out at Les Deux and screamed at her. I really feel like that was real. I heard that when Spencer bought her "engagement ring" he had to use Brody''s credit card because he couldn''t afford it!

Personally, I don''t think Heidi deserved that promotion - she seems like a complete twit who can''t possibly know how to handle any sort of responsibility. I''m proud for Elodie for putting Heidi in her place! She seems like she can just walk all over people, do whatever the heck she wants to and not face any of the consequences!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree to an extent that it''s not scripted. I remember watching a behind the scenes show about Laguna Beach and they mentioned that what went on did in fact happen in real life, but the filming wasn''t always real time. There were places that the camera crew couldn''t go, like into the school. So if something major happened during in-school hours, they would re-live in another location later. But nothing was formally scripted, there were no cue cards, and there was no real blocking or directing.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Jen got a nose job and a boob job, which is what Heidi had earlier this spring. Reading everyone''s responses, this thread cracks me up!
31.gif

A lot of the show is scripted (showing up at the same places) but Heidi and Lauren have a true totally-hate-each-other feud. Just follow thehollywoodgossip.com and perez!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I remember reading somewhere about someone who just so happened to be eating at the same restaurant that Lauren was at, and how the camera man would make her repeat things she's said.

To me, the most scripted part was when Spencer met Heidi's parents for the first time. The questions that the mom asked, especially. Instead of saying, "Why does Heidi have to choose?" like a normal person, she would say, "Heidi could really benefit from being friends with Lauren. Why does it have to be either or?" If you watch other MTV shows, when there is an "amateur" interviewing someone, they always make a statement and then follow it with a question. There was a whole lot of that.

Don't get me wrong...I believe that for the most part the main characters are unscripted, but I think most of the one on one interaction (at restaurants, etc) is a little set up. Totally agree about MTV setting the scene. Heidi and Spencer showing up at the same restaurant as Lauren and Jason was NO coincidence. One or both parties knew ahead of time, too. Probably Heidi and Spencer, since Lauren seemed more surprised than them.

I also remember that when Lauren broke up with Jason, MTV was PISSED because they did it off camera, so the fact that they didn't re-do it says something.

Hmmm...what else do I think is scripted? Oh yeah....whenever Audrina talks to her co-workers. Whenever Heidi used to talk to Elodie about Lauren....Not sure about Whitney and Lauren at Vogue, but I did catch on this latest episode that Whitney acted really surprised when Lauren said she hung out with Jason. I was thinking, "why is she surprised? They hung out during the last episode too."

So yeah. I think that the "feud" is making MTV a ton of money...Lauren knows it, Heidi knows it.
Heidi said on the mtv aftershow that her parents LOVE Spencer, and apparently they are living with Spencer's family right now.

I just watched the after show with Elodie, and it was hilarious. She said when she first saw Heidi's ring she thought it was a diamond, and when she found out it was an amethyst she was "dying". She said if anyone ever gave her an amethyst as an engagement ring she'd punch them in the face. LOL.
But with that being said, she seemed to beat around the bush when asked direct questions.

Edit: My definition of "scripted" is very loose. Basically, when they are talking about anything that they wouldn't normally talk about if they hadn't been TOLD to talk about it.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 11:52:04 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
bling *diva* I 100% agree with you. I love hoe Elodie handled herself ''So sad...'' Haha! Heidi''s face was priceless. Anyone else notice she told Spencer she had worked there for 2 years BUT Elodie said she worked there for two years (1 year longer than Heidi). I love how she is so clueless about why she has NO friends. Maybe b/c you will stab them in the back for anything?!?
20.gif
This is kind of a rude comment but anyone else think her hair is bleached within an inch of its like? Sometimes it looks scary. Spencer is SOOO icky! You know who I love? Whitney. I have always loved her. She is so mature and sweet. Don''t even get me started on Justin-Bobby! Arggg...some girls never learn!

I missed the previews for next week (DVR cut it off). What did I miss???

*~*Right!!!! It seems like Heidi is clueless as to why no one trusts her...she really needs to buy a brain & lay off the hair color!!! Her hair looked so much better last season...okay back to the job situation; anyone notice the new assistant Lacey??? Why is Heidi treating her more like a servant than an assistant?? I understand that Heidi has a new position and all, but why does the poor girl have to transfer all of her contacts from her old phone into her new one (I thought the cell phone companies did that for you)?? That''s the worst job to do...seriously!!! Spencer really bugs me; it''s something about his teeth (I think he has too many & they are kind of large) and his facial hair (eeeeeeeeyw)!!! I love Whitney too. She is really sweet and she always gives good/sound advice. That was a lot to say!!! I''ll save some for next week!!*~*

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
It depends on the cell phone company I think. Some charge you for it, some do it for free, some don''t do it at all. The only reason I know this is because my FI pretty much switches companies every year and a half.
20.gif
They could all do it now though.

I don''t feel bad for Heidi''s assistant...and I really don''t think she is treating her like a slave.
I''m a technical writer for a company. You know what I did today? Updated my fricken boss''s outlook calendar, including the two previous years appointments.
Apparently I''m his secretary now too.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I know we''ve already talked about Heidi''s rings on other threads, but I''d figure I''d post this link:

http://www.iceaccessories.com/store/?do=catalog

So this is the website of the store where the ring came from. The site wasn''t working for a while but now it''s up and running. It''s interesting to see what kind of jewelry they really carry. It seems most of their "high end" (as Spencer called it) gemstone rings are made with "lab grown" diamonds. Here is an actual product description from the site:

Saffron Jewelry
Blue Sapphire Ring
SKU: 31406
Boasting over 17cts of lab grown diamonds and sapphires, this trapezoid ring looks so real, only your jeweler will know!

I found this to be amusing
11.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one tacky tacky site.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 2:14:22 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
That is one tacky tacky site.
You mean you think a store that also sells baseball caps & napkin rings & purses & hairclips is not a "real" jewelry store??
31.gif

p.s. -- is it wrong to like these? ... real NATURAL diamonds, albeit .11tcw ... and avail in white gold too. I have lost my everlovin' mind.
20.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
For $390?? Are you flippin kidding me deco? Oh god I hope you are...the design isn''t bad though. Still, for .11ct of (what are probably) K I3 stones? I think that''s a little steep.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 1:42:48 PM
Author: BriBee
of lab grown diamonds
What are lab grown diamonds LOL!!! (I know there really are lab grown diamonds but these are NOT those... haa haa) I saw that some of the other jewelry descriptions include the term CZ which would lead some to believe that the "lab grown diamonds" are something different than CZ
20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 3:24:14 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
For $390?? Are you flippin kidding me deco? Oh god I hope you are...the design isn''t bad though. Still, for .11ct of (what are probably) K I3 stones? I think that''s a little steep.
HEE ... I''m sure you''re right. I haven''t seen that *exact* design before though -- if you stumble on in somewhere legit pls. do page me!!!
2.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Is anyone else excited to discuss the hills tonight!!!!!!!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I am! It''s on ladies!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
WHOA!!!!

I must have missed something. What happened to a long engagement? I was on the phone during the dress buying scene, but suddenly they''re registering? What''s going on?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wheeeeeeeee! HILLZ!!!!! No spoilers but --- I *loved* the last scene with Lauren. AIN'T *THAT* THE TRUTH!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

And did anyone else notice a certain underaged 12-stepper SLURRING his/her words???
20.gif
I sure hope his/her PAROLE officer is watching!
11.gif
31.gif
38.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Totally agree about the last scene with Lauren, Deco...but did you see the preview for next week''s episode?!
I swear one minute I think she''s the brightest girl on earth, and the next I''m like "NOOOOO!!!!"
I think Brody is just a tad on the womanizing side. He''s hooked up (or at least made out with) with Nicole Richie, Kristen from Laguna Beach, Lauren, Jen Bunny, WHITNEY, hmmm who else? I think he seems like a cool guy to have fun with though...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i totally caught the slurring too deco!
wow. that''s all i got.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results