shape
carat
color
clarity

The HILLZ -- Young, Dumb, Engaged

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay ... so even 40year olds have guilty pleasures ... like MTV''s THE HILLS. But this season is so CRAZY. And now I just read that bad-boy Jason Wahler (he of the multiple arrests, jail time, rehab, just clean for a couple months now) is ENGAGED???? To a 19-year old college FRESHMAN??? With a four-carat emerald cut ring???? Proposed to at a party in front of his barely broken up with EX-GIRLFRIEND LAUREN???? After dating for less than 6 months??? Maybe partly while he was in REHAB???

Um ... I am pretty sure this is BEYOND RIDICULOUS.

What is with these jokers?? They are making a mockery of the institution ...
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
AIIIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And PROPOSING in FRONT OF the ex???? That is a TOOL move, jerkoff!

Read it & weep/hurl/groan

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
ok...actually i heard hes been with this girl for more than 6 months, and him and lauren have been broken off for quite a while...my sister and i have been watching the hills since season 1 and whats the big deal if he loves the girl and wanted to propose than good for him, how is that bad? just casue their young? their just enagged who knows they may be getting married a long while from now...im 20 so im in their age range and if its a bad thing cause he proposed then.. i wanna know why? its not like he did it in front of the camera like spencer...his engagement you can question all you want...but i dont understand why jasons a tool for proposing to the girl that he loves...i mean yea hes had plenty of slip ups for a 20 year old...but thats no reason to get all bent outa shape becasue he proposed...i dont think he did it for publicity...i think its great when anyone, famous or average gets engaged no matter what thier age. plenty of older women get engaged within 6 months shoudl we be calling their men tools? and if he can be friends with an ex than thats great too...i mean at least you can see that they both have moved on and can stay friends....so i dunno why your all upset about him getting engaged....
33.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Emilina, I'm sorry, but I don't think this douche (FI's word choice for this guy, not mine) is defendable! And Deco's not upset about it. Well... I dunno Deco, are you upset? Is your overwhelming, er, upset-edness affecting your work today? (hee hee
9.gif
keeding of course
2.gif
)

/Edit, because I was going to list all the reasons why this whole debacle is absolutely ridiculous, but then I remembered hey... the lovely and wise DECO already did it for me!
3.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 1:18:50 PM
Author:decodelighted
Okay ... so even 40year olds have guilty pleasures ...
Hee hee, this was too funny
9.gif

I cant even watch that show, so you are way ahead of me! I agree it is sleazy to propose in front of your ex, but all the other stuff is just minor crap that a lot of young people (especially those in the "lime light") go through... don't get me wrong I'm not making excuses, I still think its totally ridiculous!

What I want to know: Do they really get paid that much for doing The Hills that he can afford a 4ct ring!!!
23.gif
Good for them I suppose...
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i haven't had the pleasure of tuning into the hills yet...i'm so preoccupied with other fabulous summer TV such as america's top model and ummm...american princess.
31.gif

but i read about all the hills drama in the us weekly and life and style mags...hee hee. they all seem dopey to me...a bunch of kids with too much money and not enough sense playing grown up for sure. i doubt that many of them will make it to the altar thankfully..it's a lot more hassle to get a divorce than break off a fauxgagement.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
lol
I don''t watch it, but I think it is too funny you are hooked on it Deco!! haha. It''s kind of how I was hokked on the most ridicoulous show on TV, :Age of Love"! lol
I can''t wait for the good shows to start again! I need my weekly dose of Grey''s and 24!!!!!!!!!!
M~

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I dont know, I mean, I am only a little older than they are (in years, hopefully more in maturity!) and I think its pretty crazy. I mean, he needs to get himself together first! Hes only been sober like 180ish days, I read somewhere, I am glad he found someone but what is the rush? BTW US weekly says they are waiting 2 years to get married, when she graduates. He has messed up a lot in the last year, I would take it slow.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 1:41:04 PM
Author: Mara
i haven''t had the pleasure of tuning into the hills yet...i''m so preoccupied with other fabulous summer TV such as america''s top model and ummm...american princess.
31.gif

but i read about all the hills drama in the us weekly and life and style mags...hee hee. they all seem dopey to me...a bunch of kids with too much money and not enough sense playing grown up for sure. i doubt that many of them will make it to the altar thankfully..it''s a lot more hassle to get a divorce than break off a fauxgagement.
Love the word, Mara!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 1:45:55 PM
Author: Miscka
Hes only been sober like 180ish days, I read somewhere,
And if you believe Blind Items ... Perez (who''s on Celeb Rap Superstars w/ him) says he''s relapsing big time ALREADY. Post-Engagement!
20.gif
Anyone who watched last night would say he was DRUNK OFF HIS A**.

AA programs, BTW, encourage people NOT to make big decisions in their life DURING RECOVERY. That means no RELATIONSHIPS PERIOD ... much less ENGAGEMENTS.
20.gif
38.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
i haven''t had the pleasure of tuning into the hills yet...

I''d watched it a bit but then GAWKER came out & declared it the new "Sex In The City" ... HA! FAUXGAGEMENT ... love it!! Like Paris Hilton & her fakie ring ... and Rod Stewarts daughter who is engaged every few minutes ...

I blame Jessica Simpson & her damn virginity for starting this whole "Engaged & Underaged" trend. Look how well it worked out for HER.
14.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 1:59:56 PM
Author: decodelighted

I blame Jessica Simpson & her damn virginity for starting this whole 'Engaged & Underaged' trend. Look how well it worked out for HER.
14.gif
hahahahhahaahahaahahahhahaaaa

rofl34568.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Emilina ...

Date: 9/14/2007 1:28:15 PM
Author: emilina22
him and lauren have been broken off for quite a while...
Really? They seemed to have feelings for each other in this week''s episode, which was filmed just a few weeks ago. How do I know? IPHONES were just released ... filmed since IPHONES existed.

whats the big deal if he loves the girl and wanted to propose than good for him, how is that bad? just casue their young?
You can''t be serious?? Yes ... LOVE, that''s all that matters. Not a track-record of stable behavior or being a responsible adult first??

its not like he did it in front of the camera like spencer...
WANNA BET? Like it would have aired yet?? How convenient that it happened when LAUREN would be there (with her cameras??)

i dont think he did it for publicity...
Oh I do ... and for the joy of rubbing it in Lauren''s face ... and to create more drama in his drama-filled life. And because he finally met someone immature enough to buy his BS ... where anyone with any life experience would kick is a** to the curb ASAP.

plenty of older women get engaged within 6 months shoudl we be calling their men tools?
If the dude is proposing in front of an EX-GF after being out of COURT-ORDERED REHAB for less than two months .. uh, YEAH .. call him a TOOL!

if he can be friends with an ex than thats great too...i mean at least you can see that they both have moved on and can stay friends
PUHLEEZE. He & Lauren will be back together by XMAS and Ms. Tennis Player will be crying on her raquet. Oh, and I bet he has a couple more relapses & car accidents & jail terms in the meantime.

so i dunno why your all upset about him getting engaged....
33.gif
STUPIDITY IS LIKE A CAR-CRASH .. YOU WANT TO LOOK AWAY BUT CAN''T. HUMAN NATURE.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
i haven''t had the pleasure of tuning into the hills yet...i''m so preoccupied with other fabulous summer TV such as america''s top model and ummm...american princess.
31.gif
it''s okay - i watched a marathon of the first season sometime back...
2.gif
definitely entertaining.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 2:23:18 PM
STUPIDITY IS LIKE A CAR-CRASH .. YOU WANT TO LOOK AWAY BUT CAN''T. HUMAN NATURE.

AAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAAHHA... I love it!!!!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
I, too, have been watching The Hills since season 1 [hiding face shamefully]. In fact, I watched its predecessor, Laguna Beach...and basically followed Lauren''s story to The Hills.

I dunnoy why, but I enjoy watching these MTV reality shows. They''re just 30-minute episodes so they don''t suck up much time... I know they''re basically 1/4-reality and 3/4-scripted, but they''re entertaining nonetheless (and addictive).

I bet Jason''s proposal will air later on this season, maybe for the finale or something like that (ooh drama!).

E B

Ideal_Rock
The Hills is a total guilty pleasure of mine. We don''t have cable yet, so I''ve resorted to watching it at MTV.com!

And I agree with you, Deco: Jason is a total tool. Looks like he proposed to the first bimbo he could bed, and she was probably not only lured by the ring but by the D-list fame. Their marriage is sure to last...for as long as they dated.

And don''t even get me started on Spencer. Just looking at him makes me want to gag.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 4:24:22 PM
Author: EBree
The Hills is a total guilty pleasure of mine. We don''t have cable yet, so I''ve resorted to watching it at MTV.com!

And I agree with you, Deco: Jason is a total tool. Looks like he proposed to the first bimbo he could bed, and she was probably not only lured by the ring but by the D-list fame. Their marriage is sure to last...for as long as they dated.

And don''t even get me started on Spencer. Just looking at him makes me want to gag.
Guilty pleasure of mine too!! And Spencer?? Yeah better not go there, totally creepy. Yuck!!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 4:06:05 PM
Author: cutey TT
I, too, have been watching The Hills since season 1 [hiding face shamefully]. In fact, I watched its predecessor, Laguna Beach...and basically followed Lauren''s story to The Hills.

I dunnoy why, but I enjoy watching these MTV reality shows. They''re just 30-minute episodes so they don''t suck up much time... I know they''re basically 1/4-reality and 3/4-scripted, but they''re entertaining nonetheless (and addictive).

I bet Jason''s proposal will air later on this season, maybe for the finale or something like that (ooh drama!).
I''m right there with you! I''m a 27 year old who has followed Lauren from Laguna to the Hills, lol!
I'' sure Jason''s proposal will air, and I think it is in super bad taste to propose in front of your ex, ESPECIALLY in front of an ex who still has some feelings for you, as Lauren CLEARLY does. I doubt this "fauxgagement" (lol, love it Mara!) will make it to marriage. These young Hollywood kids seem to take the engagement thing VERY lightly, as is evident by the plethora of broken engagements among that crowd.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Geez, when this fauxgagement is called off, who gets to keep the 4 carat e-ring?!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Deco, first of all, I too indulge in your guilty pleasure. And Mr. Surfgirl loves me anyway, thank god! Yeah, J-Wal is a tool of the highest order, but I''m not sure I''m surprised by this latest news. He''s a rich, spoiled, and totally out of control on so many levels. The girl probably is a junior famewhore and sees a big ring and TV cameras and is delirious with the possibility of being as "famous" as any of The Hills famewhores. She might have big asparations to be just like Heidi one day! Who can blame her when our society rewards such airheaded bimbos with fame and fortune?!?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 5:17:59 PM
Author: cutey TT
Geez, when this fauxgagement is called off, who gets to keep the 4 carat e-ring?!
Dollars to donuts: his DADDY''s credit card company! Mwahahahahahahahaha
11.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
sadly deco, IIRC, the Toolman is worth millions thanks to his over indulgent grandparents. I think when he turned 18 he got several million in his trust, and another chunk recently. But dont quote me. The dude can afford to pay cash, sadly...

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
This is hilarious! My FI just admitted to me that last week, even though he was OOT without me, he watched The Hills because he was so used to it being on when he''s home cause I watch it, and once it started he just couldn''t turn it off! I totally agree that it''s like a car wreck.

I won''t bother chiming on on the whole Jason engagement since I missed this week''s episode...but here''s what I don''t get: Are Spencer and Heidi engaged or what?!? I mean, he bought the ring (which seemed like it was from a weird location to me, don''t know the specs though), he asked, she said yes, but they are still labled "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" when they appear on the show!
26.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I am addicted to just about every trashy, stupid reality t.v. show there is- includingThe Hills. I dont really like Lauren & Heidi went overboard with her cosmetic surgery (Teeth, breasts etc..) & I cannot understand her attraction to Spencer at aaaaaall.
14.gif
I do like Audrina & Whitney a lot.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
How to tell you''re getting old:

You can remember when MTV was mostly about music videos.
11.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it bad that this thread makes me want to start watching The Hills? I started watching one episode and since I hadn''t seen anything about it ever before I spent the entire time trying to figure out a) if these people were for real, and b) if so, who the heck are they and why should I care about them? Then the episode ended and I got really excited that it was a The Hills Marathon and I''d get to watch another one. Yeah, I sat there and watched two in a row.

You''re so right, Deco--these people are train wrecks and it''s really difficult to look away. The thing that would make me upset about these fauxgagements (love the word, Mara) is that there are millions (?) of teenagers watching these shows on MTV and thinking that this behavior is normal, and (gasp!) something they should emulate and aspire to. So perhaps shows like his should be reserved for us mature adults who know better--we don''t want to be like them, we just want to laugh and gawk at them.
11.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 6:04:13 PM
Author: Haven
there are millions (?) of teenagers watching these shows on MTV and thinking that this behavior is normal, and (gasp!) something they should emulate and aspire to.
EXACTLY ... I think "The Hills" is the #1 or #2 show on cable right now!!??? And its the ONLY legit hit a struggling MTV has.

But it's so UNREAL. Are high school kids gonna think they can skip college & end up with a GLAM window office & personal ASSISTANT after a few months of "really hard work" checking names off of clipboard lists in front of private parties?? Drive around LA in convertible Mercedes? Have everyday mundane conversations at breathtakingly scenic locales?

YET ... I'm a full on grown-up and I swear to god I bought a thick patent leather headband after Lauren wore one on the show. I didn't realize that's WHY I was inspired to buy it until catching a repeat & feeling WAY FOOLISH.
3.gif
It *is* trend-making ... as Gawker summarized ... just like "Sex In The City" was. And they freakin' ensnared me in their fashionable lunacy. AIIGGGHHHH
32.gif
4.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 6:33:17 PM

Date: 9/14/2007 6:04:13 PM
Author: Haven
there are millions (?) of teenagers watching these shows on MTV and thinking that this behavior is normal, and (gasp!) something they should emulate and aspire to.
EXACTLY ... I think ''The Hills'' is the #1 or #2 show on cable right now!!??? And its the ONLY legit hit a struggling MTV has.

But it''s so UNREAL. Are high school kids gonna think they can skip college & end up with a GLAM window office & personal ASSISTANT after a few months of ''really hard work'' checking names off of clipboard lists in front of private parties?? Drive around LA in convertible Mercedes? Have everyday mundane conversations at breathtakingly scenic locales?

YET ... I''m a full on grown-up and I swear to god I bought a thick patent leather headband after Lauren wore one on the show. I didn''t realize that''s WHY I was inspired to buy it until catching a repeat & feeling WAY FOOLISH.
3.gif
It *is* trend-making ... as Gawker summarized ... just like ''Sex In The City'' was. And they freakin'' ensnared me in their fashionable lunacy. AIIGGGHHHH
32.gif
4.gif

ooOoh Let me tell you Deco, you are not the only one I did too, lol her hair just looked(s) so cute with it in-Cant say the same for me
20.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never missed an episode! Jason is no winner for sure, but he''s nothing compared to Heidi and Spencer, the biggest, craziest jerks of all time!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 5:43:01 PM
Author: Sabine
I won't bother chiming on on the whole Jason engagement since I missed this week's episode...but here's what I don't get: Are Spencer and Heidi engaged or what?!? I mean, he bought the ring (which seemed like it was from a weird location to me, don't know the specs though), he asked, she said yes, but they are still labled 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend' when they appear on the show!
26.gif
Did the proposal already air? I don't watch.

There is quite a bit of downtime between filming and airing of episodes. It may be that the show just hasn't caught up with that development yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results