shape
carat
color
clarity

The HILLZ -- Young, Dumb, Engaged

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Darn me for being at school and work all day!
I LOVE the hills and I have no problem admitting it.
16.gif

Emilina....hahaha...my goodness. DON''T MESS WITH HER HILLS!

Musey, the proposal did air already, but according to Heidi, at that time it was just considered a promise ring and NOW it is considered an engagement ring.

I actually like Jason. I root for him on celebrity rap superstar. <--Love that show too for some reason.

I totally follow Lauren''s trends. I just bought dark nail polish because she inspired me. Contrasts well with the bling!

I love Laguna Beach too. But it isn''t the same since they''ve switched it to Newport Harbor. Blah.

Oh, and they film the hills while the season is already airing. Apparently Lauren doens''t get to see the final cut until the day before it airs.
I can always tell the scripted parts. I remember reading an article a while back about how the camera men will be like, "Why don''t you guys talk about this." So usually, whenever someone is bringing up a drama-related topic I''m sure that''s all the camera men''s doing.

I found out that Jason got engaged a couple of weeks ago. But I read that Lauren gave her support, so I don''t know if that is true or not. Lauren actually goes to all of his celebrity rap superstar shows!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I actually like Heidi and Spencer too. Well, Spencer (or T-rex, as I like to call him because of his jaw) is kind of annoying, but Heidi is okay. I don''t get Lauren and how she can''t let any of her friends DATE anyone. So annoying. First Spencer, now JUSTIN BOBBY!!!!!

And Brody reminds me so much of one of FI''s friends. They look so much alike, have the same mannerisms, the same voice...it''s crazy.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this thread? The Hills is my guilty pleasure, I have my DVR record it and then watch it--usually on Friday nights when I''m too tired to do anything else.

I forget where I saw that Jason proposed, but I do remember laughing out loud. It''s so bizarre watching these rich kids try to play "house", I think getting engaged to them is just something trendy to do. Like buying a chihuahua to carry around. In six months they get tired of being engaged just like they get tired of carrying around a dog. I''m happy to adopt that ring when it needs a new home :)

I know I''m just reiterating Deco''s points, but I can''t help it. The first thing I noticed was the iPhone and those didn''t come out until 2 days before the end of the second quarter, so the earliest he could have had one is July. So in two months he''s gone from being in rehab and having feelings about Lauren to being emotionally mature and committed enough to propose? I didn''t even realize he was only 20 until I read the article--the man is an alcoholic and he''s not even 21 yet!

I''m sure we''ll be seeing it since he just SO HAPPENED to do it while Lauren was there with the filming crew. I''m sure that was a coincidence!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 9:02:03 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I think getting engaged to them is just something trendy to do. Like buying a chihuahua to carry around. In six months they get tired of being engaged just like they get tired of carrying around a dog.
Um ... why are you getting so upset about people buying chihuahuas to carry around? Is it because they're SMALL? Lots of people get BIGGER dogs ... is that not "trendy" too?? Can a girl not fall in love with a tiny dog (or three, or ten) and decide impulsively to bring it home and then abandon it on her balcony when she gets shipped off to jail if she wants to?? I mean -- what is it to YOU? I, for one, am happy ANYTIME a person commits themselves half-heartedly to a defenseless furry creature ... future care & expenses & responsibility be d******!

psyche!
9.gif
9.gif
31.gif
11.gif
the wee 7 lb. girlie in my avatar says "arf!" btw. She's lasted 4 1/2 years around this joint
2.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 9:13:19 PM
Author: decodelighted

I think getting engaged to them is just something trendy to do. Like buying a chihuahua to carry around. In six months they get tired of being engaged just like they get tired of carrying around a dog.
Um ... why are you getting so upset about people buying chihuahuas to carry around? Is it because they''re SMALL? Lots of people get BIGGER dogs ... is that not ''trendy'' too?? Can a girl not fall in love with a tiny dog (or three, or ten) and decide impulsively to bring it home and then abandon it on her balcony when she gets shipped off to jail if she wants to?? I mean -- what is it to YOU? I, for one, am happy ANYTIME a person commits themselves half-heartedly to a defenseless furry creature ... future care & expenses & responsibility be d******!

psyche!
9.gif
9.gif
31.gif
11.gif
the wee 7 lb. girlie in my avatar says ''arf!'' btw. She''s lasted 4 1/2 years around this joint
2.gif
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, you''re on FIRE today
3.gif
hahaha

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t read all the replies but I don''t understand why they are all getting engaged SOOOOO young?!? What happened to just dating? More importantly I NEED to see a photo of that ring. That is all I REALLY care about
27.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 9:13:19 PM
Author: decodelighted

Um ... why are you getting so upset about people buying chihuahuas to carry around? Is it because they're SMALL? Lots of people get BIGGER dogs ... is that not 'trendy' too?? Can a girl not fall in love with a tiny dog (or three, or ten) and decide impulsively to bring it home and then abandon it on her balcony when she gets shipped off to jail if she wants to?? I mean -- what is it to YOU? I, for one, am happy ANYTIME a person commits themselves half-heartedly to a defenseless furry creature ... future care & expenses & responsibility be d******!

psyche!
9.gif
9.gif
31.gif
11.gif
the wee 7 lb. girlie in my avatar says 'arf!' btw. She's lasted 4 1/2 years around this joint
2.gif
Deco, this seriously made me laugh out loud. I love dogs of all shapes and sizes, though my 150 lb. newfie gets annoyed when I try to stuff him in my purse :) I think I should abandon him.

Love the sweet face in your avatar, she's a cutie. If you ever decide to abandon her, you can leave her on my doorstep.

I'm thinking I need to move to Hollywood and open one of two businesses: 1. Some sort of jewelry leasing store where young, rich twenty-somethings can "rent" rings and not lose any money when they have to be returned in 6 months--then again who am I kidding, they're rich, what to they care? or 2. A posh emergency doggy daycare service for celebrities who get hauled off to jail and have to leave their "beloved" pets behind while they spend time behind bars. Which seems to be often. I'd charge an arm and a leg, of course.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
crap, i love Newfies!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I want a newfoundland so bad!!!!!!
I think we gotta move out of TX first. FI said that it''s too hot for one down here.
7.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently his new fiance is yet another classy underage drinker..
20.gif
Doesn't Jason remind you of Colin Farrell?

katja_decker_sadowski1.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2007 9:31:01 AM
Author: curiopotter
Apparently his new fiance is yet another classy underage drinker..
20.gif
Doesn''t Jason remind you of Colin Farrell?

He does Curio! I doubt they will make it to the alter
20.gif
After all there are so many pretty girls out there. It would be SO hard for Jason not to explore other opportunties.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
WOW. I disappear for a few days to come back and find out I don''t have to be so ashamed of watching this show!

That is one classy girl. She hasn''t quite figured out that dating a "celebrity" puts her in the public eye, has she? Of course, there are pictures of me like that (pre-PS)...maybe it''s a college thing? When you''re underage it seems cool, somehow. But then, binge drinking seems cool to a lot of people. Maturity levels change, luckily.

As for Spencer and Heidi...I was pretty happy when Heidi finally showed some backbone and painted that wall. But it doesn''t bode well for any relationship to sacrifice friends for a relationship unless they''re truly toxic. It seems like they say "Well, they don''t do everything I want them to, so they''re a BAD PERSON and I''m a GOOD PERSON for telling them to f*** off." *le sigh*

But yes, I''m hooked, and Jason being engaged doesn''t really surprise me. He''s obviously not following the 12 steps very hard. It''s stressed big time that you should not commit to another person for a year because you''re at risk of transferring your addiction from booze to them. He''s not in love. He''s addicted.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 8:29:47 PM
Author: luckystar112
Oh, and I actually like Heidi and Spencer too. Well, Spencer (or T-rex, as I like to call him because of his jaw) is kind of annoying, but Heidi is okay. I don''t get Lauren and how she canrex''t let any of her friends DATE anyone. So annoying. First Spencer, now JUSTIN BOBBY!!!!!

And Brody reminds me so much of one of FI''s friends. They look so much alike, have the same mannerisms, the same voice...it''s crazy.
This is so wierd, my friend and I refer to him as T-rex!!!!! Obviously I don''t miss an episode, I''m 28 and I love silly reality TV shows. I think its a way to gossip with my friends and not feel bad because we don''t actually know them. Well, my actress friend in LA see''s them all the time, I still don''t consider that "knowing".

I personally didn''t grow up with a ton of money so its also interesting to see the advantages that these kids get just because they come from money. The whole series began with L. Beach which was marketed as rich kinds in the OC. Some of it was just luck that it worked out but still I think its almost a way into a life that I don''t have and will never have. Not that it makes me jealous at all. I actually think it makes me feel better.

As for the engagement topic; I think that engagements and marriges in Hollywood are so different from the "real world" and I think we all get that. My point is, I don''t take them as seriously as I would in my world. Just my two cents.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone see next week''s preview??????

HA!!!!!!! Just as I predicted ... he was totally trying to get back with Lauren WHILE planning to move in with his classy college-student chickie ... AND then got engaged right in front of her FACE (and her CAMERAS!!!!)

Oh it feels so good to be RIGHT!
3.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
27.gif

On a totally different (more shameful) note ... I may give in to DH''s attempts to get me to upgrade my IMac now that I see the NEW IMacs so prominently featured on the show.
39.gif
I am a DWEEB!
28.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I officially love Elodie.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
ditto curio, what a great scene.

The whole water ordering ridiculousness was just further proof of their immaturity.

Deco the new iMacs are super yummy, give in!!!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Curiopotter, you took the words right from my mouth!
1.gif
I was like "go Elodie!!" I know that business is business, but at least from how the show portrayed it, Heidi took the job in such an underhanded way without telling Elodie, even when Elodie gushed about how much she wanted the job, how she had worked there the longest, etc. Heidi should have added an excited "I''m applying too!" just to mentally prepare her friend. It really annoys me that Heidi acts baffled as to how she doesn''t have any friends left... oh, besides that winner Spencer.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 11:47:36 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth...that was priceless.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
ELODIE ROCKS!!!

"Um...what did you do to make all of your friends not want to be friends with you anymore?"...and Heidi''s reply is just a blank stare like "Are you implying that it''s MY fault?" LOL it was GREAT!! I love The Hills, I usually watch it at random times during the week when it''s re-aired on MTV.

As for the men on the Hills, I think Justin Boobie(as I like to call him) and Justin-W are harmless. Yes they''re bad boys who like their motorcycles, booze and babes, but Spencer is a controling narcissist with stalker tendencies. I remember the episode where Heidi paints over the wall...the rage I saw in his eyes when he saw it made me want to hug her and take her somewhere safe. I think the s*it is going to hit the fan when they break up-and you know they will.

See below for diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

has a grandiose sense of self-importance
is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by other special people
requires excessive admiration
strong sense of entitlement
takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
lacks empathy
is often envious or believes others are envious of him or her
arrogant affect.

As a woman I feel bad for Heidi, I know how easy it is to get wrapped up in someone like this, I''ve been there (my last serious bf was diagnosed with the condition above). At the same time though, she''s a big girl and she should know better than to treat people the way she has. I can''t say that Spencer is guilty of that alone.

I think Lauren knows what she''s doing. She knows better than to get involved with Jason. I think she''s just looking for closure and hopefully she gets that when she sees him and his fiance together.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 11:47:36 PM
Exactly.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 89.16%; HEIGHT: 95px">Date: 9/18/2007 7:08:32 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
ELODIE ROCKS!!!

Spencer is a controling narcissist with stalker tendencies.

The Hills is one of my guilty secrets too!

You are totally right! I’ve been fighting AGAINST Spencer for a long time. Believe it or not the lovely ladies I watch the Hills with weekly were actually falling for the new Spence. HA! I have a hard time feeling bad for Heidi but that's probably more to do with my life experiences with girlfriends who forget they have friends as soon as they have a man. I tend to feel more pity for Lauren who I think honestly thought she could talk some sense into Heidi. Lauren also seems genuinely hurt by the loss of friendship while Heidi seems more interested in trashing Lauren.

Obvoisly Heidi has a track record of dropping friends for boyfriends as evidenced by her parents constant fixation on the fact that Heidi has few friends of her own. Did you see the parents reactions when Spencer impersonated Lauren? Talk about digging yourself a hole! Then the scene when Spencer is at dinner with Heidi’s parents and while she is exiting he says “ah, what an angel” made my skin CRAWL. Ick…Ick…Ick and more Ick!

As for Jason…he’s easy on the eyes but he needs to work on himself before he can make a lifelong commitment. He should make a commitment to his sobriety first. I am sure a lot of this is generated publicity and drama to keep the show sizzling especially if viewers think that Jason’s engagement will be televised.

*RubyRN*

Shiny_Rock
OK. I LOVE the Hills. There is so much to say but I''ll keep it short:

1. Lauren and Jason will be back together soon
2. If you look up d*uche-bag in the dictionary, you will see Spencer''s creepy google eyes and sneering face
27.gif
( i think this icon was made to represent him)
3. What is UP with the way Heidi walks all the time?!

...and most importantly,
4. Justin Bobby wore short-shorts and combat boots on the beach... (is it wrong that I still think he is incredibly attractive? complete a-hole i know, but very hot)

P.S. I tried to find a picture of JB in his beach attire but was unsuccesfull in finding one
39.gif

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to come by and tell deco how right on she was about the whole Jason/lame engagement/publicity crap, but it looks like I''ve been beaten to the punch! Either way, as soon as I saw the previews I thought: "No way! Deco TOTALLY predicted this whole episode." Are you sure you don''t get some advanced preview privelages?
emotion-5.gif

Also, I must add to the "Elodie Rocks!" section. Heidi looked like she was about to cry! I loved it!
11.gif

And don''t you love how when Heidi is telling Elodie the story she makes it sound like they sent drinks over to be nice, break the ice, and as a peace offering etc....
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

When it was so OBVIOUSLY an immature, rather insulting gesture done sarcastically and in jest!!!!!!
I just loved watching her be called out by someone who is on the outside of the whole feud!

Can''t wait until next week!!!!
(Maybe we should start a weekly hills thread
9.gif
)

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 5:00:49 PM
Author: *RubyRN*
OK. I LOVE the Hills. There is so much to say but I''ll keep it short:

1. Lauren and Jason will be back together soon
2. If you look up d*uche-bag in the dictionary, you will see Spencer''s creepy google eyes and sneering face
27.gif
( i think this icon was made to represent him)
3. What is UP with the way Heidi walks all the time?!

...and most importantly,
4. Justin Bobby wore short-shorts and combat boots on the beach... (is it wrong that I still think he is incredibly attractive? complete a-hole i know, but very hot)

P.S. I tried to find a picture of JB in his beach attire but was unsuccesfull in finding one
39.gif
#3 is what I think EVERY TIME she walks on the show...what is it with her?!?

I do have to disagree with you about JB though...he looks sooo unattractive to me, I think Audrina could do so much better! Brody is much more my type even though he is a bit of a d*uche-bag himself.

*RubyRN*

Shiny_Rock
Sabine- LOL
3.gif

Glad to know I''m not the only one who noticed the walk..

I think Brody is good-looking, and less of a d-bag than most of the guys on that show. I think a lot of the ladies like him
31.gif
But since Johnny Depp is the hottest man alive IMO, you might be able to see why I like JB
36.gif
they have some similar features, dark eyes, hair, angular, chiseled facial features... yuuuuummmmm
18.gif
I''d date him if he promised never to talk or wear short-shorts again.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
*TOTAL* guilty pleasure!

I actually like Jason, although he''s obviously got problems... Heidi must be clueless (or totally brainwashed). Elodie''s interaction with her this past week was *classic!*

Next week should be interesting...looking forward to it. :)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
OK I have to chime back in to agree with Ruby...I like her taste in men AND dogs
2.gif
I loooooove your puppy!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
If any of you care to watch Heidi "perform" you can go here.

First of all she is obviously lip syncing. Second, the way she is dancing or whatever it is she is doing makes her look like a five year old. She needs to visit a choreographer, even if it''s only to teach her to calm her hand movements down a bit. I love Spencer in the background acting like she is the greatest performer of all time.

GAG!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh man!! That whole Elodie smackdown was awesome, wasn't it?!? "What did you do that all your friends no longer want to be friends with you? You really have no clue. It's so sad. Really." BWAH!
25.gif
Man, I love Elodie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results