shape
carat
color
clarity

The Gem Show is coming- L.A GTG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hey L.A PSers!

Who''s up for getting together on Saturday, September 20th? The International Gem & Jewelry Show will be taking place in Santa Monica: http://www.intergem.com/
Selkie and I are planning to go and have earmarked this date. We''re open on the time, but she mentioned that it tends to get busy from noon on. Perhaps we can also do breakfast or brunch?

Chime in if you''re interested and we''ll make a plan!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 8:00:01 PM
Author:ChargerGrrl

Hey L.A PSers!

Who''s up for getting together on Saturday, September 20th? The International Gem & Jewelry Show will be taking place in Santa Monica: http://www.intergem.com/
Selkie and I are planning to go and have earmarked this date. We''re open on the time, but she mentioned that it tends to get busy from noon on. Perhaps we can also do breakfast or brunch?

Chime in if you''re interested and we''ll make a plan!
OOooooooh I want to join in the GTG.
I live in Torrance, (hop & skip away from Santa Monica)
Breakfast/brunch sounds YUMMMY!!! Let me know if
you need suggestions on location!
YAY!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
What about the Urth Cafe on Main St in Santa Monica? As long as its not raining like last time =)

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
YAY- MommaBear & Rockzilla!

let''s see who else we can get on board.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2008 9:03:56 PM
Author: rockzilla
What about the Urth Cafe on Main St in Santa Monica? As long as its not raining like last time =)

Urth is SOOOO scene.
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
bummer, I wish I could go!! We have DH''s company picnic that day... I definitely much rather be hanging out with you gals though!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 12:30:08 AM
Author: JulieN
Date: 9/11/2008 9:03:56 PM

Author: rockzilla

Urth is SOOOO scene.
3.gif

Yeah, it''s yummy, but so crowded and can take a while. I''m curious what other alternative we have there?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 2:06:47 AM
Author: kcoursolle
bummer, I wish I could go!! We have DH's company picnic that day... I definitely much rather be hanging out with you gals though!
I was hoping you'd be able to make it. Would luv to see your new Beverly K. band in person!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 2:06:47 AM
Author: kcoursolle
bummer, I wish I could go!! We have DH''s company picnic that day... I definitely much rather be hanging out with you gals though!

Call in sick!
11.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Bump

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, I was really going to try to be good and NOT go this time, but since you gals are going...I may have to reconsider
31.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Believe me, I soooo wish I could go!! I''ll ask DH if there is any chance we can show up later during the day... I''ll keep you posted if anything changes for me, but I still probably won''t be able to make it.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww... wish I could go but I''m gonna be out of town next weekend
7.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
bumping for the week...

Jinky''s gets my vote (good call MommaBear!) I''ve been to the one in Sherman Oaks- yum.

Let''s firm things up by Thursday

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a plan. I will probably only come for brunch (we''re moving that weekend and the wedding budget doesn''t really allow for any impulse buys!) What time should we meet? 10:30? 11am?

RZ

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Jinky''s sounds good to me. I vote 10:30, we''re planning to do some house hunting later that day!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
10:30a works for me- it''s a plan!

CONFIRMED
Selkie
MommaBear
Rockzilla
Chargergrrl

MAYBE
Luvmyhalo

We''ll do a final roll call later this week

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, I wish I could make it, but I have to go to a football game! Booo!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
-------------------------->BUMP

Is it ok if I bring my 3month old?
I may not be able to get anyone to hang out with her cuz she still so wittle...
MB

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
When do you think you''ll be at the gem show? I can''t meet for brunch, but I will be running in for a quick look at the show--I''d love to meet you ladies! Maybe I''ll bump into you all over there?

Coats

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
BUMP

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow - the show is no longer allowing free passes!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 3:04:29 PM
Author: :)

Not online, anyway. I had two mailed to me by a vendor I''ve bought from. There''s also a $1 off coupon here:
intergem.com.

Coati, maybe we could arrange to meet you at the central area (where the food vendor is) at a set time.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Also-for any LA/OC folks who can''t make it to this show, you might like to check out the West Coast Gem and Mineral show in Costa Mesa in November.Linky.

This one is interesting in that it''s held in a Holiday Inn, and while some vendors have booths in the lobby and conference rooms, others rent entire hotel rooms and turn them into shops! It''s very odd, at first, to walk into random hotel rooms to look at goodies.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 3:08:09 PM
Author: Selkie

Date: 9/18/2008 3:04:29 PM
Author: :)

Not online, anyway. I had two mailed to me by a vendor I''ve bought from. There''s also a $1 off coupon here:
intergem.com.

Coati, maybe we could arrange to meet you at the central area (where the food vendor is) at a set time.
i had this thought as well. let us know what you think. Coati!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 3:13:54 PM
Author: Selkie
Also-for any LA/OC folks who can''t make it to this show, you might like to check out the West Coast Gem and Mineral show in Costa Mesa in November.Linky.

This one is interesting in that it''s held in a Holiday Inn, and while some vendors have booths in the lobby and conference rooms, others rent entire hotel rooms and turn them into shops! It''s very odd, at first, to walk into random hotel rooms to look at goodies.
wow- that does sound interesting!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 8:52:34 PM
Author: MommaBear
-------------------------->BUMP

Is it ok if I bring my 3month old?
I may not be able to get anyone to hang out with her cuz she still so wittle...
MB

I don''t think you''ll get any objections from anyone MommaBear! Just be sure to have her in a carrier for the gem show, they don''t allow strollers.

I''m still undecided about going. If I do, I wouldn''t be able to make brunch so I would just meet you guys at the show. I''ll try to make up my mind soon! I''ve just been so bad lately with buying stuff online and I KNOW I won''t be able to refrain from buying something at the show!
31.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I am in too. YEA!!! I am afraid it is going to be overwhelming with all the choices!

See you at b-fast at 10:30 am. cool.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
awesome, Green! I got your email.

OK, roll call time.
CONFIRMED
Selkie
MommaBear
Rockzilla
Green with Envy
Chargergrrl
MAYBE
Luvmyhalo
Coatimundi

Jinky''s doesn''t take reservations, but i''ll plan to get there a bit earlier to put our name in- party of 5 under Price. I''m always chilly, so i''ll have a red pashmina on in case anyone needs help ID-ing me/the group.

looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results