shape
carat
color
clarity

The Diaper Bag...that Isn''t?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without flash you can see it''s in pretty good shape considering I throw it around everywhere.

ADSC_0197.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
corners..

ADSC_0199.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bag, front view, no flash.

ADSC_0200.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bag, front view, flash. That''s it! Hope that helped. I think the other diaper bags may be heavier than the Hansel.

BADSC_0203.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and for what it is worth, knock on wood, I have not had a sippy or bottle leak on me yet. Plus no clothes with vomit or poo while I am out and about. But carry lots of ziplocks and put the sippies on them (I admit I do not take my own good advice here.)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the pics TG! It looks like it is holding up amazingly well. I am rough on my stuff too. And you have a Balenciaga? SAY WHAT? What is this world coming to?! hehe. Did I forget that??

Mrs...I emailed Fabiana so we''ll see what she says. Thank you for that recommendation!

I really liked the bronze one in pics online originally but now it looks like it is WAY more bronzey metallic than I thought originally and it doesn''t seem as cute. Maybe there is a bronze leather one that isn''t on sale here...or else the bag just looks WAY diff.

I really like the browns though technically I should get a black one because my next b-bag purchase was going to be a Black City, which these are fairly reminiscent of. So from a practical standpoint, black. From a ''I love this color'' I adore the browns. Though the gray is nice too.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I vote no way for the LV tote! If it has the leather handles and trim... baaaad idea!
31.gif
If ONE DROP of water gets on it, it's stained forever. I remember my poor mom sprinting through the rain trying not to get her LV bag ruined. It was hilarious! Yep, the handles were splotchy forever afterwards. I've spilled water on my LV leather trim when it was new (not the canvas part) and it's stained. Pen marks... you name it. It's no biggie, but I can only imagine vomit, stray milk drops poop and drool staining your bag! LOL. Get a chic one you can abuse with no regrets!
19.gif
I loooove the one TravelingGal posted! It's so chic! Looks indestructible, too! Mara, use your blue Balenciaga bag! Just kidding.
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Bliss I considered a Balenciaga Work as a diaper bag... oooh that would be dreamy except I would destroy it. But it was just an excuse to think about getting one. And I have some LV''s already with the handles, I have had them in rain and not had issues, but typically the oils in the hands darken them anyway, so eventually they end up dark.

So thanks so much ladies for your help and TG for those awesome pics. I am purchasing the Gray Distressed Hansel from NR... just emailed the form over to Fabiana. YAY ! Mrs thank you SO much for recommending I email Fabiana immediately and ask what she had left to sell, she has been so helpful. I was torn between gray and black but I am so much more into gray in the last year (gray is the new black!) and don''t have a gray bag soooo this is it. Can''t wait to get it! I will have a hard time waiting to use it.
3.gif

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
That''s great Mara!! I hope you love the Hansel as much as Tgal and I do!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 10:09:57 PM
Author: EBree
I completely agree with Tacori. Go function over fashion. You''ll be packing this bag with a lot that could stain or leak, including soiled onesies.

We''ve got a basic black wipeable Skip Hop that holds what we need, and I''d recommend something similar to all new parents. Before I gave birth, I too was looking for something cute and designer, but I''m so glad I didn''t spend the money.
Ditto the advise of Tacori and EBree. I ended up with a Skip Hop one - they clean up nice, have room, clip on to the stroller, etc. I found it was more of a functional device rather than anything pretty - it usually was stuffed in the car or in the bottom of the car seat, not over my shoulder.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Not a mom yet, but when the time comes I am getting just a Longchamp Le pilage Hobo Bag in black and buying a changing pad. It fits over the back of a stroller and also is just a great bag to throw across your body.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31pLj7lg4nL._SL160_.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a Kate Spade bag and I though it was pretty expensive, I used it to death for two daughters. I think it was $200 or $300. I can''t recall for sure but I felt it was a lot. I just liked it. I didn''t carry a purse during that time if I was out for the kids. I just threw my wallet in there. But if I were you, I wouldn''t get an LV and plan to use it for a purse after because quite frankly, when you get done with the diaper bag, you will be done with it and not even want to look at it. That''s when you go out and buy a nice bag after all those years of carrying your diaper bag. That was when I got my first b-bag.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.katespade.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3009299&cp=2450627.1876038

This is the closest thing I can find to what I got. Mine was all black and it was a workhorse. It had a texured little pattern on it and end pockets. It was made of nylon so easy to wipe down with a little antibacterial cleaner like purell. It had a nice tie on top so stuff didn''t fall out and a changing pad that rolled up which, I found to be VERY useful. You won''t want to put your baby directly on those public changing tables that fold down. The pad had a velcro closure on the outside. That bag was great. I still have it if you want me to snap a photo. Also, it stood up on its own, which I agree with a previous poster is essential. I don''t think I realized how great that bag was (and practical) when I got it. I just liked the look of it.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Oops. Didn''t see your post about being over nylon. Haha. Yep. I got my 6 years ago as my little terror is now almost 6. :)

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
whoa .. didn't know this thread was out there.
i loathe diaper bags... loathe them... so i went bargain hunting and caught the steal of the century.

i got this very high quality leather, durable bucket bag for $49.99 - i love the purse but for the $$ i don't care if it gets trashed/spilled on etc. and i have a diaper pod to make it into a 'diaper bag' ;-)

ETA: DH has a timbuk2 messenger bag that's his 'man diaper bag' and his own diaper pod. i think i might steal his for trips and keep my purse, my purse ;-) no sense in having 2 diaper bags when we are together, right?

vizdiaperbag.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Viz, I LOVE that bag! What a great price too! Who makes it? Where did you find it??!! Inquiring purse-loving minds want to know! I think that diaper pod will work perfectly for you. I do the same thing on days when I don''t carry my timbuk2. I carry a big purse and put a similar pod thing in it, works great!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you picked one!

My SIL bought us a Burberry bag, but it was useless. Does it look good? Absolutely. It''s too small for twins, however. We use a Jack Spade messenger hag. I had to find something that Nate wouldn''t mind carrying around.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 10:47:39 PM
Author: TanDogMom
Viz, I LOVE that bag! What a great price too! Who makes it? Where did you find it??!! Inquiring purse-loving minds want to know! I think that diaper pod will work perfectly for you. I do the same thing on days when I don''t carry my timbuk2. I carry a big purse and put a similar pod thing in it, works great!

LOL - it''s a ruehl bag (www.ruehl.com). they have some FANTASTIC leather bags - super high quality, made in italy - all that good jazz. i "won the lottery lucky" when i caught this one on clearance for $49.99 (the actual color i have is a smidge lighter - but i pulled the above picture from their current online images). anyhoo... keep an eye on their handbag clearance section - when they have one. they mark their bags down a*lot*. if you have a store by you, you might even be able to find a better deal.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love that bag viz, nice steal!!! i def could have found something at nordstrom rack or the like, but i am too friggin lazy nowadays hahaha.

for anyone who has the not rational bag, do you actually or did you guse the leather diaper roll? how easy is the leather to clean? i am not sure i would totally use that given all the places it could be put down.
40.gif

mine shipped 2 days ago so should be here any minute. yay, i can''t wait! greg was waching me surf through bags this week online while we watched TV and he was like ''you are not really going to buy a $300 diaper bag....'' and i turned and said ''hello i am the one going to be pushing a watermelon through my #@&%'' and he was like ''what a great bag!''...HAHAA. plus i love that it can be used as a laptop bag later, i have a huge tote that i use for that already, and i love it (i got it in germany and i get so many compliments on it, the styling is fabulous!) but it does take quite a beating with how much i travel and use it, so this will be a nice backup in a few years.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 11:17:57 AM
Author: Mara

for anyone who has the not rational bag, do you actually or did you guse the leather diaper roll? how easy is the leather to clean? i am not sure i would totally use that given all the places it could be put down.
40.gif

Nope, I don''t use the leather changing pad. I have one that a friend gave me like the JJ Cole Pod thing Viz posted a pic of that I transfer from one bag to the next as needed.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Haha Mara....use that one to get what you want! I also used "hey, I was in labor for 24 hours with him, so I deserve so and so!" Too funny. Love the bag!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 12:18:22 PM
Author: Mrs

Date: 9/25/2009 11:17:57 AM

40.gif

Nope, I don''t use the leather changing pad. I have one that a friend gave me like the JJ Cole Pod thing Viz posted a pic of that I transfer from one bag to the next as needed.
Nope, the idea of a leather changing pad is a joke. I''ve never even unrolled ours. This is sort of morbid but when my dad died, we had a ton of those pee pee pads left over that we bought for him. I usually just stuff one of those inside the bag.

Which color did you end up getting?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the distressed gray on the link that Mrs. put out for the sample sale. It is a nice darker medium gray in person... it came Friday and I love it. It has a pacifier on it and Greg is like WHAT is that? hahaha.

My 18 year old sister came over this wkd, and I told her to go into the baby''s room to see things I have purchased since last time she was here, and she was like ''OOOH I love this bag!'' Excellent purchase validation as she has great taste, I wish I was as well put together when I was her age. hehee.

I''ll try to snap an iPhone photo and upload. Thanks again for the excellent help!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 2:16:53 PM
I got the distressed gray on the link that Mrs. put out for the sample sale. It is a nice darker medium gray in person... it came Friday and I love it. It has a pacifier on it and Greg is like WHAT is that? hahaha.

My 18 year old sister came over this wkd, and I told her to go into the baby''s room to see things I have purchased since last time she was here, and she was like ''OOOH I love this bag!'' Excellent purchase validation as she has great taste, I wish I was as well put together when I was her age. hehee.

I''ll try to snap an iPhone photo and upload. Thanks again for the excellent help!!!!
Mara, I''m glad you love the bag...I''d love to see pics! I didn''t use mine at all at first because it was too big for what I need (and I preferred hands free since lugging around that carseat is a pain). But I use it every day now.

Oh yeah, chuck the paci and bottle that comes with it...worthless as the changing pad (and kind of scary, actually, but you probably know that!)

And your sis is EIGHTEEN? Ack, where as the time gone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s an iphone photo in the baby''s room. you can see the room color too hehee. funny because i thought it looked huge but my mom was like ''it''s kind of small?''...i was like jeez how much stuff do i need to put in there?!?!

and yes TG i feel OLD when i say my sis is 18. she''s so amazing though...i love watching her grow up. she''s in college!

not rational gray.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
College? Oh my! She was like...ELEVEN (or maybe 12) when I first started reading Pricescope. This is scary!!

That leather looks great, I like the color. I think you made a fab color choice as it will be good for business use too. I like mine for business but I don''t use it for serious meetings because it''s too bold a color.

Sometimes the bag is too small for what I want to put in it, but the problem is usually me, not the bag.
1.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I wanted to say congratulations...and also that...although my boys are 10 & 15, I recall valuing our shopping at Lands End. Bags were vinyl, a number of good and functional pockets, and did the job in a handy way, economically.

Regards,

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a super cute bag - diaper or not. LOVE the color & distressed leather. My new bag this season came from my sister & is froggy green patent leather, which is fun & I adore it -- but if I was picking for myself I''d have gone medium gray for sure. CONGRATS!!! (The pearlized wine looked groovy too, TG - supple!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks RG..! I am unfortunately not that practical hehee. But a smart pal gave me a great idea to also stash a bag in the car filled with baby goodies, I am thinking one of those trunk organizer things.

yep gals the leather is pretty fun, it''s not quite same as my B-bag suppleness but then again it''s a huge price diff. It must take lots of rocks and manpower to make that Balenciaga leather quite so squishy hehe. This also seems easier to care for which is fab.

The cool thing about this gray is that in certain lights it almost takes on a blue-gray hue. FUN. and TG I don''t think your color is too bold for corporate at all! It would really spice up an all neutral outfit.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 12:59:22 PM
Thanks RG..! I am unfortunately not that practical hehee. But a smart pal gave me a great idea to also stash a bag in the car filled with baby goodies, I am thinking one of those trunk organizer things.

yep gals the leather is pretty fun, it''s not quite same as my B-bag suppleness but then again it''s a huge price diff. It must take lots of rocks and manpower to make that Balenciaga leather quite so squishy hehe. This also seems easier to care for which is fab.

The cool thing about this gray is that in certain lights it almost takes on a blue-gray hue. FUN. and TG I don''t think your color is too bold for corporate at all! It would really spice up an all neutral outfit.
Mara, no it''s not too bold, but my boss is ultra conservative. So for big meetings, I take a Tumi.

I love the gray though...makes me almost want to get another one. But I always wanted a burgundyish bag, so this fit the bill.

Yes, it''s not b-bag smooshy but it''s light and decently soft, and that''s what I wanted. It''s a good bag...I should be better to it, but I bought it to use, so I have to admit, I''m beating the dickens out of it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results