shape
carat
color
clarity

The cuprian is set! but....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
The cuprian is set, but there's a problem. I bought the ring "pre-owned" and it had a monster head on it. So I told them to replace the head, and to add double claw prongs. Well my mom picked it up for me since i'm living out of state at the moment. Well needless to say... they did not follow instructions AT ALL, and what's worse, the head that's on there is visibly crooked. The head looks like they took a yellow gold head, rhodium plated it, and then just gauged lines in it to look double pronged from the side. Well anyways, I have another stone that's being set by a different jeweler and depending on the quality of their work, i'll take this setting to them and have them fix it. Grrrr so frustrating. But regardless of all of that, I love the setting for the stone and I thought I had made you wait long enough for an update, so prepare for the onslaught of pics!

cupriantourm1.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Some of these pics show a little green but that's just my acid green camera reflecting in the stone! You can see how the head is crooked in this pic.

cupriantourm2.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Up close.

cupriantourm3.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Whole hand.

cupriantourm4.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
A little fire from the setting.

cupriantourm5.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
In the flowers

cupriantourm6.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Profile on the hand... you can really see how crooked it is in this pic.

cupriantourm7.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
sucker is cockeyed isn''t it..can''t be havin'' none of that can we..I would be angry too...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d be ticked too! But I gotta say, I adore the color of that stone! And I love the yg prongs (that very muchly do not look like dble claws as you asked for) against the stone. The flower picture is gorgeous!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t you have the same jeweller redo the job correctly? It''s a really lovely stone RFT

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RFT,
That is a beautiful stone. It''s one of the most beautiful asschers I''ve ever seen on Pricescope, and I love it. I have to be honest with you, I think that gem is way too good for that setting, and the prongs are too bulky. I''m very sorry, I just want to be honest because I really love that stone and I think it deserves something really special to be showcased in.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Red,

I have to say I agree with TL. The stone is gorgeous and the setting is not right for it at all regardless of it being cockeyed or not.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
another agreeing with TL. the prongs are too bulky for my taste

...but your lovely gem on the other hand, well, that''s a beauty
30.gif

what are the specs? and who did you get it from? inquiring minds you know
12.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
The gem is gorgeous, the prongs are NOT what you asked for. I''d be sending that back!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone!!! It deserves a better home.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous!
30.gif
the color on that stone is TDF....

the prongs...meh... they''re kinda big. I wouldn''t have been happy if instructions were totally ignored like that. Are the people doing your other ring ok with redoing this one? I would let them know exactly what you''re not happy with. The guys that originally set it... I admittedly wouldn''t go back to them unless they''ve done other work for me that I had liked (but thats just me).

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with all above but a different idea for the prongs. Instead of split prongs - which are ok but you want to make sure your lovely stone is safe - why not file the prongs down to a point (with the point lining up with the windmills). That way, it reduces the bulkiness, you retain the lovely colour gold against the stone''s colour AND you get security.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I know everyone are right about the setting. But I just see that gorgeous gem. It would be beautiful if you just glued it to the ceiling (but please don''t!). It must be such a joy to wear it. I can''t stop looking at it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Having said that, the jeweler should give you your money back to make up for their shoddy work.

Gosh, that asscher of yours!
9.gif

m00sie

Rough_Rock
Trade
That stone is beautiful!! I''m not usually a fan of greens but WOW!

Pity about the setting not living up your expectations, I hope you can get it sorted :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I must say that is one of the most amazing stones (both cut and colour) I have seen.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The horrible workmanship is off-putting for such a nice and bright stone. The head is obviously crooked and the prongs are oversized. I hope you’ll be able to get these issues resolved because that stone deserves better.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Well that ring is really not something you see every day, and I mean that in the best way possible. The stone is gorgeous, but it''s a real shame (and unprofessional) they didn''t follow instructions. It''s a nice setting, maybe not what I would choose for this stone (I''d set something darker in this one), but it''s your taste that matters. Hope everything works out.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are quite the prongs...

Stunning stone, but yes, the ring should go back to the jewellers to be fixed - at no extra charge, since you are asking for what was originally agreed on.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
An amazing stone, just amazing. Love it.

I''m sorry the jeweler let you down like that. First of all, WTHeck? the crooked head, how can they look anyone in the eye and let it out of the shop like that? And secondly, the charged real money for that POS setting job they did.

It just defies thinking, they got to work with a cuprian like that and this is how they respond to that. Philistines, obviously.

How about they refund your money and you go elsewhere? It''s like going back to a neurosurgeon who scrooed up your first surgery...

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a lovely stone. As everyone has said, it''s too bad the setting isn''t right. I hope you will be able to get this rectified.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I can just get lost in that seafoam/carribean green color. And the asscher cut is just hypnotic!

I agree with the others, this stone is too good for its setting. Wait, actually let me take that back. The setting is lovely, and I love the split-shank.

I hope they'll be able to fix the prongs to your liking!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my! I''m so happy to see that it''s been set, but I''m sorry you had to deal with setting issues!

It''s a gorgeous combo, though!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, guys. Thanks for letting me vent. I like the setting a lot. But that head... is AWFUL. They were supposed to rip it out and put in a more delicate one. I am just so irritated with this jeweler. They are arrogant and he treated me and my mother like we were dirt on his shoes. The only reason we were there was because they have really good prices. Sigh... I should have just bought the setting and taken it elsewhere. Lesson learned. The plan thus far is to take the setting to a different jeweler and see if they will fix it... if they can''t... it''s going back to the original jewelers for a refund. Another thing that you can''t see in the pics is that the prongs are banged all to hell which is a main reason that I won''t take that stone back. It''s worth too much to be treated like that. And if they can''t even be trusted to set the thing straight I don''t trust them to follow my other instructions to not steam clean it, etc.
38.gif

And TL, Vapid, et al. of course no hard feelings! Your honest opinions are why I posted it here.

Kas baby- the stone is a cuprian tourmaline, 7.5 mm, cut by Gene at Precision Gem.

And you guys are giving my ego quite the boost with your wonderful compliments on my stone!
4.gif
Hopefully I''ll have a happier update this weekend.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that is a fabulous stone! good luck getting the setting fixed

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Unbelieveable.

You bring a cuprian of stunning custom cut and they treat you like DIRT?

You''re well rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results