shape
carat
color
clarity

the best material is cut close to the mine : WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 12:51:22 AM
Author: PrecisionGem
To my taste, I would take a tsavorite a little lighter, which generally means a little yellow, than one that is too dark. You see some of these overly dark stones that look nice when flooded with light, but 90% are just too dark. The guy who traveled to see me from Kenya had a large tsavorite, that was just too dark, but a very nice color.

Here''s a picture of a cutter in Arusha, using a US made Facetron machine.

ditto on the preference for tsavorite colour/tone.
The one I recently purchased is, to my understanding, one of these with an equal amount blue and yellow secondary. However of course I will report back once I''ve seen in person.

Cheers Gene for posting some of the photos I was referring to earlier.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
arjunajane,
Wouldn''t that mean that your tsavorite is a pure green?

Tourmaline Lover,
Fly Girl did make you a generous offer.

"Medium-dark" admits of a range. I''m glad to hear that most here prefer mediums. More medium-darks for me!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 5:19:31 PM
Author: Harriet
arjunajane,

Wouldn't that mean that your tsavorite is a pure green?

that's what I was getting at Harriet
2.gif
I actually wrote the term pure grass green afterwards but deleted as didn't want to use "trade names" for a gem I haven't seen IRL.

What you've said is what the vendor has described it as to me, and what the photo looks like to me -
but it should be here tomorrow so we can reserve judgement until then
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results