shape
carat
color
clarity

The beginnings of an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHA too late TGal. I already did it...I used a Stuller 3 stone setting for the base, LS''s sapphire for the center and some of the aquas that Harriet found-it''s pretty jacked, but you can kind of get an idea...

TGal mama ring.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2008 10:43:10 PM
Author: FrekeChild
HAHAHAHA too late TGal. I already did it...I used a Stuller 3 stone setting for the base, LS''s sapphire for the center and some of the aquas that Harriet found-it''s pretty jacked, but you can kind of get an idea...
Thanks Freke!

Hm, can''t say I love the color combo. What do you think? What about 3 aquas in similar color...what would you all think about that?

This is hard. Maybe I should just do those cushion earrings and screw symbolism. Hehehe.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok so here is the one from the ring kneeling posted...

Foo32.jpg

And the same one with LS's sapphire.

TGal mama ring 2 color.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2008 10:50:50 PM
Ok so here is the one from the ring kneeling posted...

Foo32.jpg

And the same one with LS''s sapphire.
It makes a difference...I like the LS sapphire version better. So I guess color is key.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too. I''m having a heck of a time hunting down any blue sapphire pears-light or dark. Maybe you could have someone source some?

Let me poke around some and see if I can just find some to photoshop onto a ring...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2008 10:43:10 PM
TG,
You''re welcome!

Freke,
Thanks. I''m afraid the combo doesn''t work (for me at least). I chose what is considered to be the ''best'' blue for aquas, but maybe lighter toned aquas and a darker toned sapphire will work better.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found some wack cut light blue sapphires (around 1 ct each) on GemSelect, and I''m using a bright blue (big and sold) sapphire from CherryPicked as the center. I''ll post it when I''m done...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this better color TGal??

I'm sure the sizes are all off, I'll post the stones I used, but it gives you an idea of color-using real stones instead of Kneeling's photoshop job.

.97 ct light blue sapphire (big belly) ($76)
1.04 ct light blue sapphire (big belly) ($74)
CherryPicked Sold Sapphire 4.55cts (VERY deep cut w/ small window)

Here are the stats:
--1.04 ct sapph
6.86 x 4.88 x 3.83
--.97 ct sapph
6.42 x 4.93 x 3.76

Middle 4.55ct sapphire
w8.85 x d7.12

Now I'm wondering what those pears would look like recut...

ETA: I'm not sure that that middle sapphire matches the stats...Too many blindingly beautiful blue sapphires on CherryPicked...

ETAA: linkYeah, I was wrong with the stats-it's this 3.58 ct er...

TGal mama ring 3 GemSelect.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2008 11:52:20 PM
Is this better color TGal??

I''m sure the sizes are all off, I''ll post the stones I used, but it gives you an idea of color-using real stones instead of Kneeling''s photoshop job.

.97 ct light blue sapphire (big belly) ($76)
1.04 ct light blue sapphire (big belly) ($74)
CherryPicked Sold Sapphire 4.55cts (VERY deep cut w/ small window)

Here are the stats:
--1.04 ct sapph
6.86 x 4.88 x 3.83
--.97 ct sapph
6.42 x 4.93 x 3.76

Middle 4.55ct sapphire
w8.85 x d7.12

Now I''m wondering what those pears would look like recut...
That is better! You have been very helpful, thank you!

I am still not sure the colors work, as I do think it detracts from the center. Hm. How about a giant (the giantest I can afford) pear sapphire with a halo and I just present it to my mom and say, this is a tear....I''ll have no more of ''em! Hehehe.

Actually, that wouldn''t work as it''s not low maintenance enough for her. Gosh, I really open to lots of things right now...I think it''s time to crash the colored stones eye candy thread for some ideas....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So if you were to just get her a big pear halo...how about this one? ($2,150.00 though) But it''s a Santa Maria!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2008 12:10:38 AM
So if you were to just get her a big pear halo...how about this one? ($2,150.00 though) But it''s a Santa Maria!!!
Is there a link Freke?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness...Let me go find it...

ETA: link

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again...that is a nice stone. I''m still running around doing my "homework"...will post as questions come up so I don''t keep sending y''all on a mad goose chase!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG: I want to add, what a wonderful thing you are doing for your mother. We just came home from visiting my mother. You received some really good websites to look at today. I will look for more tomorrow for you.

The picture of you and your mother is adorable, I just love it.

Linda

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, you are such a nice daughter! I am sure whatever you pick your mama will love it. Though I do hope someday you treat yourself to your own Tessa ring.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda and Tacori. I''m still puttering around on the net to see what''s feasible, so we''ll see.

Tacori, I would like to someday. But you know what? I am not a pink fan, but I love your ring. I wonder though IRL if I would wear it that much because of the pink. It would be so cool to give to Amelia someday though...Tessa is a lucky gal!

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/20/2008 10:05:14 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Thanks Linda and Tacori. I''m still puttering around on the net to see what''s feasible, so we''ll see.

Tacori, I would like to someday. But you know what? I am not a pink fan, but I love your ring. I wonder though IRL if I would wear it that much because of the pink. It would be so cool to give to Amelia someday though...Tessa is a lucky gal!

Do you like Red, TGal? I''m not a huge fan of pink either, so always thought when I have kids, if I had a girl I would use rubies, spinels, etc.. in a piece. Just a thought, since you like the idea of having something to give to Amelia one day.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say Amelia needs a white metal diamond Tessa ring-being that she''s an April baby and all!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2008 11:51:57 PM
I say Amelia needs a white metal diamond Tessa ring-being that she''s an April baby and all!!

I agree! BK makes that design as well. I thought about getting a ring in yg with citrines (T''s birthstone) but a few jewelers said that was not practical for an everyday ring.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
TGal, I got tears in my eyes reading about the meaning behind this gift for your mom. I hope you can have an Amelia ring one day too!

I like the idea of a blue with white sapphire pears on either side. I wonder if WF could source white sapphires as well as blue. Are you set on having all sapphires? If you liked the white vs the blue zircon might be another option (eta-I just rememb sapph is her birthstone. sorry, sleep deprived!). I'm not a coloured gem expert by a long stretch so I won't go into detail....
28.gif

ETA: if this site hasn't already been mentioned http://www.ajsgems.com/ has had great reviews-I have had a few dealings with Rung who has been very helpful but we didn't end up buying from him for reasons to do with the project rather than his service.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 9:05:36 AM
Author: Gemma12
TGal, I got tears in my eyes reading about the meaning behind this gift for your mom. I hope you can have an Amelia ring one day too!

I like the idea of a blue with white sapphire pears on either side. I wonder if WF could source white sapphires as well as blue. Are you set on having all sapphires? If you liked the white vs the blue zircon might be another option (eta-I just rememb sapph is her birthstone. sorry, sleep deprived!). I''m not a coloured gem expert by a long stretch so I won''t go into detail....
28.gif

ETA: if this site hasn''t already been mentioned http://www.ajsgems.com/ has had great reviews-I have had a few dealings with Rung who has been very helpful but we didn''t end up buying from him for reasons to do with the project rather than his service.

I second this - got a little choked up when I read the meaning of the stones, TGal!

WF can absolutely source white sapphires, and also, the white sapphire in my RHR has a tiny tint of blue to it, especially in the sun, so you might be able to stumble across some blue tinged white sapphires?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. I''m still mulling over this whole thing, but I''ll admit it seems daunting and with my in laws coming this week and staying for 3 weeks, I don''t feel like I can dedicate the time needed for this project. Ugh.

LS, thanks for the link. It''s a lovely idea, but the only reason I want to get my mom a blue sapphire is that I already bought her a 1c cushion diamond and think she''d enjoy the color.

Gemma, LTP, thanks much. I''ll keep looking at all the links posted here to see what becomes available.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tgal,
Ya know, you are just the sweetest!! I love what you are trying to do for your Mom. It''s so genuine and sweet. You are a love. I can''t wait to see what you choose. Lots of options, and know you are swamped with family. But had to say, you are a wonderful daughter. And Amelia lucked out to have YOU for her Mommy.
12.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh...you always have the nicest things to say.
1.gif

I have an email out to Bob at WF for some RSG earrings we are looking into buying for my aunt, so maybe I will ask him what he thinks of this project since he is WF's resident GG.

And yeah, I saved my mom from buying diamond studs at a maul store!!!
32.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i just read this thread. i have to reply to let you know that your mother is stunning! the ring idea is quite unique and sounds wonderful. jmho but i think it is so worth waiting for. i only wish i had thought of something so wonderful and full of meaning. i hope this idea comes to fruition. i love selkie''s sapphire studs and think you couldn''t miss with those either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results