shape
carat
color
clarity

The 2010 PS Holiday Tree Thread

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Here's one of mine. It's not decorated yet, I'm planning on getting glass ornaments. Hey, you have to be African in Africa right?

IMG00190-20101203-1458.jpg

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kribble -

I absolutely love your African tree! It's stunning.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread, everybodies trees are soooo beautiful! Radientquest, that mouth open pic is fabulous!! And Davi, you have mad decorating skills! This is my little tree, I do not have the big one decorated yet, I have a small collection of vintage ornaments that fit perfectly on this tree that we put on the buffet in the dining room along with some retro reindeer and a small putz house.

rsz_1rsz_img_1981.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Haven...

I agree.

Best.thread.ever.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Hope these pics aren't too big -

LR Mantle.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
breakfast room table

BR Table 12 days of Christmas.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Fairy tree in entry

Fairy Tree in entry.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Fairies on the study desk

Study Fairies.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
dining room console table

DR Console table.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
old monkey fairy in a black box

Old Monkey Fairy in a black box.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
this is my daughter's dog, Macy, checking out a "deer" in our family room - hilarious

family room deer and Macy.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
family room tree that I didn't really finish this year - oh well!!

family room tree.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this thread too. We went out yesterday to look for a tree but we didn't find one we loved. We'll go out again today and hopefully bring one home.

Bebe -- I always look forward to this thread every year, partly because I can't wait to see your decorations. Your house is beautiful and everything always looks stunning.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
ah thanks Zoe. I just didn't have "it" in me this year to all my normal decorating. I have so much more stashed in storage that I didn't
drag out! Anyway, here's my kitchen mantle - forgot about it. The little timed battery candles in the lanterns were not on for this picture.

kitchen mantle 10.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love everybody's trees/decorations!

We just got our tree this afternoon and now the whole house smells like pine. Mmm!

I'm also including a pic of our mantle. My parents have this macaroni ornament my sister made them that they still hang on the tree. This year my family decided to do hand-made gifts only and I joked I was going to make everybody a macaroni ornament. On Wednesday I got a package from my mom and opened it up to discover that eveybody in my immediate family had made me a macaroni ornament. I was so flattered that I immediately hung them up on my mantle!

Macaroni Ornaments.jpg

Christmas Tree.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love everybody's trees/decorations!

We just got our tree this afternoon and no the whole house smells like pine! Mmmm...

I'm also attaching a pic of our mantle. My parents have this macaroni ornament that my sister made for them in second grade and they still hang it on the tree every year. This year our family decided to do hand-made gifts only and I joked that I was going to make everybody a macroni ornament. On Wednesday I got a package from my parents and opened it to discover that everybody in my immediate family had gotten together to make me macaroni ornaments. I was so flattered I immediately hung them on the mantle.

Macaroni Ornaments.jpg

Christmas Tree.jpg

emilyalyse

Rough_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1290110896|2771694 said:
Anyone else have multiple trees?

My mum. LOL... She's a decorating queen, and has no fewer than 9 trees every year. The main tree is *always* a white pine of ceiling-scraping height, and she does separate smaller real trees for her glass ornaments, and then several themed faux trees (of all sizes) throughout the house.

I am so envious of her sense of style when it comes to Christmas decor... the entire farm is dripping in lights and just looks amazing. She even breaks out the ladder to light up this massive 40-foot ancient pine that is next to the road.

DH and I are not nearly so stylish yet. We're blaming it this year on the fact that we just moved into our new place, and just don't have the time or spare funds to go crazy. ;-) Our one little tree is doing its job nicely, though. And we've got a wreath on the door! That counts!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
NewEnglandlady, Love the macaroni ornaments, thats hilarious!!! Sounds like you have a awesome family!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh, shoot, sorry for the double post. I tried posting twice and got an error both times, so I gave up. I came this morning to look at more trees and saw my double post. Oops!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I just put our tree up yesterday. We weren't going to do one because we will be gone on our honeymoon for most of the holiday season, but it just didn't feel like Christmas without a tree. I put up my slim 6 footer instead of our full size 7.5 foot Artificiola this year. This one has snowmen ornaments, red and silver stars, red glittery bows, and red/silver/white mini ornaments. My cat likes to look at it - he lays under it on his back and stares at the lights. LOL

Christmas%20Tree%202010%20002.jpg

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Decogirl|1291517543|2787589 said:
I love this thread, everybodies trees are soooo beautiful! Radientquest, that mouth open pic is fabulous!! And Davi, you have mad decorating skills! This is my little tree, I do not have the big one decorated yet, I have a small collection of vintage ornaments that fit perfectly on this tree that we put on the buffet in the dining room along with some retro reindeer and a small putz house.

rsz_1rsz_img_1981.jpg

Decogirl - I love your little tree and all the ornaments, and the retro reindeer are perfect with it. I'm looking for a small feather tree for the buffet in our dining room and yours looks like it would be perfect. Is your tree vintage or newer?

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Blueiris! The tree is new and not a feather tree, that is the look I was going for but I could not find the right tree for what I wanted. If you go on ebay and search Kurt Adler antique green metalic christmas tree that is this tree, it was like 29.99 I think. It looks very metalic in the pic but in person it is very subtle gold and sliver needles mixed in with the green, I am now searching ebay for a topper. Show us pics of your decorating when your done!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, Decogirl, for the information on your adorable tree. I did find it on eBay, and also found a 24" feather tree on another site. I'm not sure which size will work best so I'm going to get both! :D I'm looking forward to decorating them but realized that I don't have any extra ornaments that will be the right size, so that will have to be my next purchase.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Love feather trees and vintage ornaments! I'd love to have a small tree with the old European looking ornaments on it. I see this
on so many of the design blogs I read and the holiday shows I've gone to. Post pics if anyone gets one!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Everyone's pics are great--love the pet/animals!!

cheers--Sharon

bebe

Ideal_Rock
My "family tree". Old picture that I have posted in the past.

tree06 012.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
So I have two little kitties, I will have to post a picture tonight of our kitty proof tree setup. My husband had to do a little rigging :) We got a smaller tree this year. Last year it was HUGE and we couldn't put a star on top because it was touching the ceiling! This year the tree trunk is smaller, so the screws wouldn't screw in far enough to keep the tree completely upright, so it is held in place with wires, one hooked around the back and one hooked around the side :lol: Good thing most people wouldn't notice unless we point it out!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this year, since we have a new puppy, we opted for a table-top tree rather than full size. I might never have a big tree again! it comes with it's' own stand - no assembly necessary and it's less messy! of course, not all of my ornaments fit, but i had lots of extras to use for decorating :wacko:

This table is a sideboard/bookshelf behind my dining room table - it stores our glassware. First - lit up little tree!

rsz_holidayripandrhonda.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
no flash - baby tree and decorations -- i always top my tree with butterflies as opposed to a traditional tree topper. it was really hard to find a good topper for a smaller tree, so i picked these years ago b/c they are sparkly and pretty. Some people think it's weird, but i love them!

rsz_holidaynoflash2200.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results