clarity

TG's Wedding Pics!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I wanna see more!

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Everything looks perfectly put together, I love it! I reeeealllly love that you had sushi there, I'd be in heaven :)

P.s. you and your groom are one sexy couple :razz:

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Wow! These are gorgeous photos! You make a stunning bride!

You and your DH are one hot couple! You're going to have beautiful children! :bigsmile:

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
Truly stunning! I love outdoor weddings, and your scenery was just to die for.

Congratulations!

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Fantastic photos.
Mr and Mrs TG, you're a very attractive couple!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
dawnabee: Thanks! I like the fireworks ones too. We stood there for about 15 minutes while the fireworks went off and he only really was able to get two decent pictures of it so I think capturing that was hard. We were in a really dark room at the time as well.

lulu: Thank you, my dear! It's funny when you're planning and you think "will anyone even remember or care what the centerpieces looked like?" So when someone comments on one of the little details, it makes my heart smile. :))

jaylex: Why thank you! I hired that photog specifically because I love his photojournalism style. I started to get nervous that maybe all I'd end up with were a bunch of candids and nothing really artful. He definitely proved me wrong!

Thank you thing! You have one of my favorite PS weddings, so I take it as a genuine compliment when you say it looked gorgeous!

Monnie: You know, it's funny, I feel like I spent so much of my life wishing I was from a big metropolitan city or a state on one of the coasts. But the older I get, the more I appreciate being from the Midwest. I also love that we took pics in front of corn and that farm mural. DH grew up on a farm and I grew up in a larger (by Iowa standards) city so this wedding was kind of a mix of both our styles. You and I have so much in common, too! Favorite holiday, favorite tree.... I hope you'll post pictures of your wedding!

Thanks Mannequin! It was a truly special, marvelous day. I wish I could go back through it in slow motion. It's so true what they say, the day just FLIES by!

Thanks loriken and bebe! I really appreciate it!

Hey Autumnnovember! Sexy?! I'm so flattered! I'll have to tell DH! I was all over that sushi when we got there. We had such a mix of guests in attendance; half of them were loving the sushi and the other half probably called it "bait." I tried to keep it simple with a couple raw maki rolls and then california and philly rolls for the beginners. I actually have a friend that was kind of on the fence about sushi but was able to enjoy it at the reception (and DH was definitely not a sushi fan when we met - he'd actually never had it. Now he likes it more than me and is very adventurous when ordering)!

diamondbuggy: Thank you very much! If DH and I decide to have kids and they're tall and blonde, I'll have some 'splainin to do! :bigsmile:

Thanks Lozza! I'm so glad our photog was able to capture that picture of the grove. Unfortunately, I was so wrapped up in the ceremony I barely noticed anything. I didn't really notice the trees, the guests, even the musician. Thank goodness for pictures!

Why thank you, Supers! I'm going to have to mention to DH that we're getting some compliments on here. He'll be very flattered!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Wow TG everything looked so amazing :love: :appl: you look beautiful and all the details look gorgeous :love: big 'fan' of the programs! oh and even bigger fan of the smooch - very classy without being too restrained :bigsmile:

congrats again on your marriage :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congrats MRS TG!!! :appl: :appl: Your pictures look wonderful! :appl:

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL pictures!! You and your hubby are simply adorable and you can just see the love and playfulness in your eyes! Love all the shots and great work by your photographer capturing so many wonderful detail shots!

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
TG, your photos (and you!) are STUNNING!!! Everything looks super classy- but also really down to earth and fun. Your photographer did an amazing job...congratulations! I wish you nothing but happiness and continued smiles at the beautiful pictures of your special day :appl:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, TG! Those pics are great! It looks like the wedding was a huge success, and I love all the little details that you put into it. I've never seen so much sushi at a reception - that's where I would have been most of the night too. :lickout:

You looked gorgeous in your dress, the flowers were beautiful, the cake looked yummy, I could go on and on and on!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
You and your DH make a gorgeous couple! What a beautiful day! Congratulations!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TG: I've followed your posts and threads for a long time and I'm really happy to see how happy you and your DH are. Your wedding was simply beautiful. Everything about it, down to the last detail was classic and perfect. You and your entire bridal party look beautiful! I'm almost in tears because you guys look so happy! Your photographer did an amazing job, and your cake...WOW! Congrats honey, everything turned out amazing, you look so happy! Congrats again! :appl:

ETA: I'm from the Quad Cities area in Iowa and actually am going to be there in a few weeks if your interested in a mini- G2G if your still in the area. And I love corn, when I saw that picture my smile widened because its so nice to see someone else see it as beautiful instead of a field of corn. The mid-west is beautiful, but some people just don't care much for all the farms, and I love them! Its nice to see someone else love them too! *end mini thread jack*

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzas! So much to love about your wedding & photos!

You and your DH look AMAZING and so natural & happy in your photos. And your face is so expressive - it's just lovely. Love your flowers, centerpieces, and cake.

And my favorite photos are the ones with the fireworks and on the bridge. Beautiful!

Congrats!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Blackpaw: Aww, thanks! DH is big on the face-grabbing romantical kisses. I don't mind them either....

Thanks so much Tuckins!! It feels weird to be a "Mrs!"

MagsyMay: Thank you! If we are anything, it's playful. DH is very "corporate" to most people so when they see him acting goofy, the way I know him, it throws a lot of people off, I think.

IrisAccents: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. That is EXACTLY what I wanted it to feel like. Classy, but not stiff or uptight. That's probably the biggest compliment I could get!

sandyandisaac: No really, you can go on! :D Haha. We shoved a lot of our budget towards food. Right after fireworks (around 10:30) we set out mini sandwiches and warm cookies. I always get hungry after all that dancing so I figured my guests would too.

Thank you meresal! Your wedding was so beautiful! And congratulations on your beautiful son!

redrose!! Wow! You know, I've followed certain posters people through the planning process but I never thought anyone really paid attention to my posts! I'm so honored! And I love another Iowa girl! I'm in the process of moving down to St. Louis so I'm not sure if I'd be here for a GTG but when are you in the area?!?

Hey CurlySue! I have so many pictures from this wedding where I'm making weird faces. I hate them, but DH says my facial expressions are his hands down favorite thing about me. Thank you for the many compliments!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
TG! What breathtaking photos. You look absolutely stunning. That dress is so beautiful. Can I count the ways I love that giant tree you were married under? I love the combination of the different purples threaded throughout the flowers and that cake looks absolutely incredible. Are your BMs wearing a pin? Do you have a close up? Their dresses came out so sophisticated looking. Congratulations.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
mayachel said:
TG! What breathtaking photos. You look absolutely stunning. That dress is so beautiful. Can I count the ways I love that giant tree you were married under? I love the combination of the different purples threaded throughout the flowers and that cake looks absolutely incredible. Are your BMs wearing a pin? Do you have a close up? Their dresses came out so sophisticated looking. Congratulations.

Hi! :wavey: Thank you so very much! For the bridesmaid dresses, I was going for a "Mad Men meets Michelle Obama" look. I love the cut of that dress (though the girls all had them hemmed from tea length to knee length) with that neckline but I thought it needed something. I saw a pic of Michelle Obama and thought "brooch!" So I just went to Younkers and bought three $30 brooches and pinned them up at the top of the dress. I have a couple more pictures I can post. I'll see if I can zoom in on any of them. The brooch is by "Monet" and the dresses are from David's Bridal. The color is Pewter. They were $99!! Loved loved loved how everyone ended up looking!

130.jpg

132.jpg

013_2.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TG: St. Louis! Have you been up in the arch yet? I've only been there once and we did go up in the arch. When my FF and I drove from Texas to Canada we drove right by it and he was like....HEY, it's the arch! LOL. We didn't stop though! We are flying in on the 23rd and are staying until that following tuesday. If your to busy moving I understand, I just didn't realize there was PSer's near my home town and it's exciting ::)

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
You are beautiful, gorgeous pics, love love love your dress, and I'm now going to work out because your arms in the "entering the reception" pic inspired me. :wacko:

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful couple, and beautiful photos! I particularly liked the ones by the river. May you have a long and happy marriage!

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I really love everything about your wedding. You looked beautiful and I LOVE your dress. Congratulations! :appl:

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I love, LOVE, <3 :love: everything about your wedding! Your cake, centerpieces, decorations, details, and oh my your dress! You two are such an adorable couple. And I'm going to sound like a weirdo, but I love the chairs!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Stunning Wedding. Every detail is just beautiful!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful wedding and photos TG! I :love: ed the one with the willow trees, so beautiful!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Tgal, everything is so gorgeous!! You are such a stunner!! I love that you got photos in front of the building where the two of you met! I think they are my favs!

Congratulations!! Wishing you a lifetime of joy!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
HOW IN THE WORLD HAVE THESE BEEN UP FOR DAYS AND I AM JUST NOW SEEING THEM!!!!!!! :angryfire: :nono: shame on me!

Simply stunning, dear. You look so happy, DH looks so calm, cool, collected- just wonderful.
The grove you got married in is BREATHTAKING. Seriously, the photography just captures what a wonderful day I'm sure it was. These could honestly be pictures from a magazine. SUBMIT these to theknot!

And that DBTY bracelet....DROOL. I want more pictures of that baby. I *think* it may be what I save for next. I've been talking with DH about wanting a diamond tennis bracelet at one point in my life, but that seems so much more *me* and something I would wear on a regular basis. LUCKY LADY!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
You look great, and your DH is very handsome. You guys make a lovely couple. I especially love the pictures on the street and the ones with the fireworks in the background (and hello, bling! Your rings are fabulous). Love the Iowa references, too, lol. I've never been, but it looks exactly like I picture in my mind. Congratulations.

P.S.-I have one of those chocolate bars in my cabinet. I'm hesitant to try it because bacon and chocolate just seem like such an odd combination for a candy bar (although I have made chocolate bacon cupcakes with a friend and drank bacon beer-one of my BIL's homemade brews-and both were TASTY). So then I guess maybe the candy bar wouldn't be too weird...

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
TG,

These are some of the most beautiful wedding pics I have EVER seen. You are stunning!

My favorite pics are of the ones in front of the mural - LOVE them!

Best wishes to you and your husband!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
doodle: Gah! I can't believe a pic of my arms inspired you! I lost over 20 pounds for the wedding and gained about five pounds back in the first month. I think I might pin that pic up next to the treadmill for inspiration for me too!

Thank you Austen! We almost didn't leave to take those pics by the river. Glad that we did!

cushionlady: Why thank you! I really, really loved my dress too. It was very sparkly in person but unfortunately, the pics don't really capture that. Oh well!

choro: Hearing that you loved the chairs actually excites me! When I first showed my mother pics of the ballroom, her first response was "Thank god the chairs aren't ugly." Haha. Thank you for the many compliments!

IWPO: Thanks!!! When I first started lurking/joined PS, I remember fawning over your wedding pics. I'm glad to see you around here more often again!

HOT: Oh, I've been admiring your pics since you posted them. So jealous of your gorgeous beach wedding. Your husband is a doll too!

HouseCat: How have you been? I was inspired by you doing gift bags for the children at your reception, so I put together a bag filled with crayons, coloring books, little gifts/trinkets and glow sticks for the seven children that attended our reception. They were a HUGE hit. Hope your family is doing well. We had a big absence at our wedding due to DH's grandfather's suicide. I hope your family continues to heal.

DearBuddha: EAT THAT CHOCOLATE BAR! I had so many people tell me they were skeptical but they loved them. And thank you for the compliment about DH. I find him quite dreamy....

sphenequeen: Wow. I'm so flattered. Thank you for your very kind words!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
charbie said:
HOW IN THE WORLD HAVE THESE BEEN UP FOR DAYS AND I AM JUST NOW SEEING THEM!!!!!!! :angryfire: :nono: shame on me!

Simply stunning, dear. You look so happy, DH looks so calm, cool, collected- just wonderful.
The grove you got married in is BREATHTAKING. Seriously, the photography just captures what a wonderful day I'm sure it was. These could honestly be pictures from a magazine. SUBMIT these to theknot!

And that DBTY bracelet....DROOL. I want more pictures of that baby. I *think* it may be what I save for next. I've been talking with DH about wanting a diamond tennis bracelet at one point in my life, but that seems so much more *me* and something I would wear on a regular basis. LUCKY LADY!

Where the hell have you been!?!?!? You're the one who started a thread last month asking for these! :bigsmile:

Okay, I've been toying with the idea of sending them to theknot. Do you really think I should? I feel like it's not "quirky" enough. They seem to like weddings with a lot of DIY, creative stuff. Hmmm, I guess I will take it under advisement. :wacko:

I L-O-V-E my DBTY bracelet. DH originally ordered it as a necklace but about three weeks before the wedding I said "I need to find a bracelet for the wedding, I don't think I'm going to wear a necklace." He frantically emailed BGD and ask them to turn it into a bracelet! Whoops! I DEFINITELY think you should get one. Do it! Doooooooo iiiiiiiit!

Anyway, thanks for FINALLY showing up to see these. Jeez, some soulmate you are.... :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results