shape
carat
color
clarity

Tempted

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I''m REALLY tempted to post the picture of the E-ring on my hand. SO let me take a peak at it when we took it out of the safe at the bank. Ok fine, I confess...it was waaay longer then a peak. He let me take it in the car with me on our 1.5 hour drive back to PA and I took tons of pictures so that I could keep myself sane till it is actually mine. It''s actually helped A LOT with the sanity. And now, that the pictures are sitting on my desktop I am extremely tempted to share the sparkly.

Must....resist....must...resist.

31.gif

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
No NO No...C''MON - POST IT!!!

Pretty pelase?
31.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
JUST DO IT!!!!

11.gif
3.gif

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
You guys are very. very. very bad.
29.gif

The temptation is truly killing me

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Why can''t you post a picture?
33.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
do it woman!

it''ll be gone when 2.0 gets going, so you can post it again.....

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I know how you feel. I actually took some pictures of my ring too. I don't want to post it until it's official.
28.gif

I'm sure he'll propose soon. If he's not planning to propose anytime soon.. why bother taking it from the safe deposit box... when it has been there for the last 7 months? am I right?
31.gif

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Exactly Beezy :)

I don''t want to Jinx it haha

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
yes... I''m SO WITH YOU on this one!!!! don''t listen to the devils here.. (sorry gals.. I still love you all).. HAHAHA
41.gif

You want to feel special when you are actually engaged THEN show your blingy. It doesn''t really mean anything if you show it now.
26.gif

I''m SO SO SO excited for you!!!
30.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
aaaawwww......

slg47

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait to see it!!!!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
OMG! I did the same thing when my - now fiance - let me wear the ring or the night. It was so wonderful but so cruel at the same time. Hopefully it wont be too much longer for you!

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Don''t give in if you don''t want to jinx it (although I am sure it really wouldn''t be jinxed). Just stare at the pics for awhile, and be glad you don''t have to spend time resizing to post
2.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 9:45:20 PM
Author: PavePrincess
OMG! I did the same thing when my - now fiance - let me wear the ring or the night. It was so wonderful but so cruel at the same time. Hopefully it wont be too much longer for you!
I KNOW!!! why are they like that? My bf is like that too.. trying to tempt me to look at it. (which.. u know.. i''m glad I did.. because of the problem)... After trying it on... falling in love with it, he''s like.. let''s put it back in the box...
29.gif

Autumn: did your bf send your diamond to Tacori to have it set?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
The dreaded words: lets put it back in the box! hahahaha I was like "no, no we REALLY do not need to do that. You can just propose right here...right now!"

Beezy, he had the jeweler we bought the stone from set it. He was crazy proud of the way he set it (the jeweler)...and I''ll agree, he did a great job.

Only thing I''m worried about is the semi finger fat I have...hopefully I was just really hot that day

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 10:56:46 PM
Author: Autumnovember
The dreaded words: lets put it back in the box! hahahaha I was like ''no, no we REALLY do not need to do that. You can just propose right here...right now!''

Beezy, he had the jeweler we bought the stone from set it. He was crazy proud of the way he set it (the jeweler)...and I''ll agree, he did a great job.

Only thing I''m worried about is the semi finger fat I have...hopefully I was just really hot that day
omg...That''s EXACTLY what I said to my bf too!!!

I''m glad your jeweller is WAY BETTER than mine!

is it really that tight? Did you have problem getting over your knuckle?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Great minds think alike :)

I had no problem at all getting it over my knuckle...when I took it off later, there was in imprint of where the band was. I''m keeping my fingers crossed that my hands were just hot...I just lost 30 lbs so I was worried it would be a bit lose since I think my fingers probably lost a little weight but...NOPE!

I tried to go try it on the other day (its currently hidden somewhere in my house---doings of my dad) and when I asked my dad to give it to me, he refused!!!!! I couldn''t believe it! He was like "I can''t give that to you, it''s not yours!" lololol.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got to take it out for a test drive. I can''t wait to see it.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 10:56:46 PM
The dreaded words: lets put it back in the box! hahahaha I was like ''no, no we REALLY do not need to do that. You can just propose right here...right now!''

I said the exact same thing! Sadly, he didn''t fall for it and I had to give it back.. LAME!

As for the finger fat, just wear it for a week or so. I''ve decided that a little finger bulge is worth it to not have my ring flopping around.. BUT If it is too tight, get it sized just a bit too big (and have sizing bars put in) because our fingers will get larger when we have kids and it''d be better to just remove the bars then get it sized again.. Just my opinion since i''ve seen your ring, seen the amazing pave, and I''m sure you want to have it sized as little as possible.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Im actually afraid that it CANT be sized again because the pave is all the way around the band
7.gif
any ideas?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
well... at least the ring won''t spin as much.

I think you should enjoy the moment of waiting for the surprise. Worry about the ring until you have to. Maybe after wearing it for awhile, you don''t think it''s that bad. You don''t want it to be toooooooooooooo loose. Winter time will spin a lot.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
this is why I''m not letting my BF show me the ring until he proposes :)

but autumn...can''t wait to see yours! I hope you get it soon!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
maybe you can make a more "anonymous" photo? e.g. crop it so only 1/4 of the ring is showing, or put one of those "black out" boxes across your knuckle?

so bad ;-)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 4:18:54 PM
Author: rockzilla
maybe you can make a more ''anonymous'' photo? e.g. crop it so only 1/4 of the ring is showing, or put one of those ''black out'' boxes across your knuckle?

so bad ;-)

LOL

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
You guys are bad, bad, bad.

But I''m just as bad.

Considering I just took a beautiful picture of the ring with its arrows showing
27.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
autumn I thought it was locked up???

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 2:06:10 AM
Author: slg47
autumn I thought it was locked up???
yesyes... good point ... did you take a sneek peek? tsk tsk tsk...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 1:39:48 AM
Im actually afraid that it CANT be sized again because the pave is all the way around the band
7.gif
any ideas?

I would tell him to try to send it back/exchange it ASAP then. That's why hanging onto the ring for foreverrrrr is a bad idea-if it's too small and the jeweler/maker won't take it back because it's been so long, you're stuck with a super expensive ring that doesn't fit. And I hate to pile on, but it will be even tighter when you wear it with a wedding band.

I hope it works out!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ladies :)

We took it out of the safe at the bank about two weeks ago. It's now in my fathers possession, so when SO ask's him for permission, dad can hand him the ring.

Dad was very sick this weekend and out of the state at a hospital 3 hours away and we weren't sure how long he would be there so my dad had to inevitably tell me where he hid the ring so I could get it just in case.

Now, dad is coming home either today or tomorrow, and the ring is staying here.

I put it on, and it actually fits fine...I think I was really hot that day.

I DID get some very pretty pictures
31.gif

The ring is completely under warrant :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good, glad to hear it! When you order your wedding band you can just order it 1/4-1/2 size larger than your e-ring and then they should fit fine together. My e-ring fits perfectly so I got my wedding band 1/4 size bigger and together they fit great. On its own my wedding band is a smidge big but I always wear them together so it doesn''t really matter.

Can''t wait until we can see pictures!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results