shape
carat
color
clarity

Temp Check ... Kenny's annoying holiday tradition

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
+1000

President Carter tried to drag America out of the stoopid dark ages, and into the smarter metric system.

But, Noooooo!
Muhrkahns were too stubborn, ignorant, and stoopid to accept base-10 units, which are simpler and intuitive. :doh::doh::doh: :nono::nono::nono:

Gary was in high school when we went metric
he said it was actually quite excitting,the money also had to change here as we had the old British shillings (and stuff im afraid i do not understand as im too young, DC day was 10th july 1967), i dont think it all changed in one day either but there was a lot of public education, no one was thrown in the deep end
i dont understand anyone who says that anything is eaiser than metric because as its basically the 10 times table
but people are stubbborn as you say, i would get very annoyed at work with old people who still wanted to work in feet and inches, tape measures are dirt cheap, i would say we have been metric my entire life, its time to forget feet and inches

it does actually make hardwear and timber sales hard because so much of hardwear and fastenings especially come from the US or are for the US market, a lot of the sizes are just converted imperial so they do not roll off the tounge easy
but some do - i mean 100x 50 is a 4 x 2 (except when its dressed its really 90x 45)
note we call it a 4x2 not a 2x4 :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very wet week

IMG_0559.jpeg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, near 80 today and 48 tomorrow.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 9.32.28 AM.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, near 80 today and 48 tomorrow.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 9.32.28 AM.png

OMG! I'm in heaven!

I have all the windows AND doors wide open to let in the glorious heat and direct sun!!!!

e.gif

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Up to two feet possible this Wed into Thurs, with 40-60 mph wind gusts. :rolleyes:
The generator is ready to go.

I have decided that Winter needs to be over now.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! I'm in heaven!

I have all the windows AND doors wide open to let in the glorious heat and direct sun!!!!

Me too The cats were belly up in the sun on the patio all day. Tomorrow will be a different story.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely today, and should be nice next week too. Thursday, though, UGH !!!

IMG_6404.jpeg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Up to two feet possible this Wed into Thurs, with 40-60 mph wind gusts. :rolleyes:
The generator is ready to go.

I have decided that Winter needs to be over now.

Sorry. :cry2:

But actually you can end those brutal winters ...

Fifty years ago mom and dad ended their family's winters.
We moved from the, either, freezing or miserably-humid midwest to costal California.

3.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Sorry. :cry2:

But actually you can end those brutal winters ...

Fifty years ago mom and dad ended their family's winters.
We moved from the, either, freezing or miserably-humid midwest to costal California.

3.jpg

Sure, sure, just have to win the lottery to do that now. I'll keep you posted:lol:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
The most snow we’ve had all winter!

IMG_6408.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results