shape
carat
color
clarity

Tanzanite pendant photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up Tesla after my first day of rotation! Unfortunately it was night time so no daylight for photos, but I took a bunch in indoor lighting anyways. It's a little more purple in this lighting but still lovely I think!

ETA: Forgot the details.
It's an unheated tanzanite cut by Gene, 2.77ct. 7.54 x9.14 mm
Set in 18k rose gold by Hearts of Water on etsy.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm..forgot the pic

IM6807.JPG

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
In a richly saturated stone, I think it can be truly beautiful if a tanzanite betrays itself with a little purple. Your stone is absolutely gorgeous, and I like that it's in a pendant - something as rare, delicate, and beautiful as tanzanite should be protected,

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
so cute!

1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kim!
The back:

IMG6800.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this one is my favorite photo

IMG67632.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one, showing purple and blue...

I''ll try to catch some nicer pics on Thursday when I have time and hopefully some daylight.
Also, the post office misplaced my sapphire from Gene..d''oh! They better find it soon!!

IMG6819.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats hot!
18.gif
30.gif
I love your pendant!

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Arcadian!

Unfortunately I do have one small criticism of Sally''s work this time. There''s a noticeable and deep scratch on across the surface of the gold dangling leaf. The annoying part of getting the setting from Thailand is that I can''t send it back to be repolished (or rather, it''s not economic to do so).

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my MTG... I''ve been in total lurker mode lately but I had to actually sign it to say that the pendant is gorgeous!! Sorry to hear about the scratch, though I can''t see it in the pics. But that stone! Amazing. AH-maz-ing!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Novel!

Actually you can see it in the pics, but it looks like it''s just normal reflection since you can''t see the movement in the photos. Here''s a close up of the scratch.

IMG_6759.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 8:18:22 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Thanks Novel!

Actually you can see it in the pics, but it looks like it''s just normal reflection since you can''t see the movement in the photos. Here''s a close up of the scratch.
Oh, I see. Sorry... do you think you''ll get it polished out elsewhere? Have you mentiond it to Sally?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not TOO distracting, but I am a little disappointed. I wrote Sally though I doubt there's anything she can do since I don't really want to send it to Thailand over this scratch.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant MTG! Very elegant. I''ve been waiting to see this one. Does it have a checkerboard faceting?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning - I love it!!
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2010 8:53:19 PM
Author: IndyLady
Beautiful pendant MTG! Very elegant. I''ve been waiting to see this one. Does it have a checkerboard faceting?
Date: 1/5/2010 8:53:19 PM
Author: IndyLady

Thanks. I don''t really know what checkerboard faceting is? But it might be. Its certainly different than all my other gems.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, but we need neck shots! Sorry to hear about the scratch. Maybe a local jeweler could smooth it out?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I''m sorry about the scratch but it really is a beautiful pendant!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about the scratch, I''m sure that''s frustrating! I have to say though, that pendant is GORGEOUS!
30.gif
and what an amazing color!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jstar, Catmom, and Bella!

I''m waiting for some sunlight before I take neckshots.

Hehe, and yeah, I might try to find someone local to polish it out, Sally said if I wanted to send it back to repolish, I could. But it seems like a lot of risk for such a small thing, so I doubt I''ll do that. Even though I''ve never had a problem with shipping to and from her, there''s still no way to insure the item so I''m still holding my breath every time!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s nice! A beautiful stone and an interesting design, all in one! Great job
2.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colour MTG - very rich looking. What a shame about the scratch - does it show when you wear it? Only IF it''s going to bug the life out of you would I do anything about it because you''re far safer not getting it polished out unless you know the benchman very well. I''m not sure how much heat needs to be applied when polishing but what I do know is that you need to keep the heat away from the Tanzanite as far as you can. It''s probably a very simple job and wouldn''t put the Tanzanite at any risk at all BUT it''s always these little jobs that can turn into monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results