carat
color
clarity

Tanzanian 3.01 ct greenish yellow chrysoberyl

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Yingh,
Don't worry, I'm NOT recuttnig it. I think the native cutting is good enough, and I actually like the high crown. At the 3 carat mark, it would be foolish to recut, and it might also lose saturation.
32.gif

Thank you Klewis,
MariedTiger has a Mali that is a similar color, shape and high crown like my stone, and she prong set it, but the gallery was very enclosed, so it was similar to the effect of a bezel. I find that light toned, bright stones with high brilliance tend to really glow in bezels or in an enclosed gallery. It's like the dark surrounding metal makes them look even brighter. It's difficult to explain, but here's a photo of MariedTiger's ring (thanks MT!!) to give you an idea. I actually might try to halo it (I know I know) with a very enclosed gallery. It kind of reminds me of a yellow diamond from far away due to the brilliance.

Isn't her ring beautiful?
30.gif

tultajatappuraa.jpg

side view

pulleakasi.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, MT''s ring is beautiful.
I know that sometimes people just have a preference for a particular setting but it''s interesting to know the reasons why a setting will enhance, or detract from, a stone - thanks. I''m looking forward to seeing it finished when it gets to the front of the queue for setting.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Your chrysoberyl has such a sunny disposition - very nice!
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2010 3:54:03 PM
Author: klewis
Yes, MT's ring is beautiful.
I know that sometimes people just have a preference for a particular setting but it's interesting to know the reasons why a setting will enhance, or detract from, a stone - thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished when it gets to the front of the queue for setting.
Ha, I have many in that queue!! Thanks again Klewis.

Thank you Vigor (I'm still waiting for photos of your new asscher Afghan btw
emclock.gif
- time is ticking)

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/24/2010 10:56:53 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Thank you Vigor (I''m still waiting for photos of your new asscher Afghan btw
emclock.gif
- time is ticking)

Yes I know... I''m ready to take lots of pics, but guess what.. my package hasn''t arrived yet!!!!
I really hope it gets delivered tomorrow... I need lots of dust! (but no ash please!)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mind if I ask where you got this stone?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ebay store odysseygem.

ruffysdad

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi TL
emteeth.gif

Just saw that chrysoberyl. Verrrry Nice! I agree, don''t re-cut that puppy! That little bitty hole in it will be so overpowered by the rest of the stone that you''ll never see it. It sure is nice here to see so many people that know there''s other stuff besides the big four (diamond, ruby, sapphire and emerald). Makes me cry though, over some rough parcels that I''ve taken a pass on way back when. Anyway, love that color!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that''s beautiful!! Electric Lemonade is a great description. Lovely lovely stone. TFS!!
36.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments on my ring. What I most love about the setting is that, like you said TL, it really covers up the imperfections in the cut perfectly (which would otherwise make me crazy since it had a significant tilt window.)

Why am I noticing all the beautiful chrysoberyls on gem sites these days?

TL, you''re killing me with all these gorgeous pics. I love them!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww, thanks for all the kind words.

MT,
Your ring was the inspriration for me to get a yellow-green stone. I love that ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results