shape
carat
color
clarity

Tanzanian 3.01 ct greenish yellow chrysoberyl

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous stone, TL. I would be afraid to mess with the color too by recutting.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Sweet stuff..that original Mali in the next to pic looks horrendous compoared to your new one..like you said IS brown..i see what you mean in that first pic by "looks like the green is floating" in the 2 right hand pics of the bacvk of the stone..has that stronger green floating near the top..sweet stuff..and large too.

gingersnap

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 8:24:48 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
A handshot with a 1.8 carat Tanzanian pastel pink spinel.

I love pastels next to each other.
Hahaha, strawberry lemonaid! That is a pretty neat colour :) soft and airy, but never washed out or overwhelmed by its surroundings.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely addition.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, it''s the one bottom middle that is the most yellowish!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, the stats are 5.45x5.75x3.98, .86 carat.
I hope they find some more of these!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2010 10:49:37 AM
Author: packrat
Chrono, it's the one bottom middle that is the most yellowish!
Cool! That's the one I like best too.
2.gif

VL,
Thanks for the info.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
TL- That is GORGEOUS! Wow wow wow. What color!

VL - I really think that shade is beautiful! So delicate and electric at once. When it goes colorless, does it keep its dispersion?

PR - I think Michael E''s cutting is the tops, and he''s so wonderful to work with. I can''t wait to see what you get!

As others have said, I''m starting love love love chrysoberyl.It performs so well, and when the color is right... look out! I actually think the right one could be special enought for even an e-ring.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 8:39:40 PM
A further away shot to show how large it is and how bright it is. It''s a sparkler, great luster. I wish the cutting was better because it''s the kind of color that begs for awesome cutting, but I think the shape is pleasing, and I like the color a lot.

it looks fabulous - especially in this shot!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2010 11:18:25 PM
Author: Cind11
TL, I love this stone. I''ve been wanting a yellow stone for quite some time. So, it pretty much only shows the green in incandescent light?

Thank you Cind11!!
You can still see green in it during the day, but the green is a bit more pronounced in my halogens.

Mr. Ma Rae,
Thank you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2010 5:15:28 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
What a gorgeous stone. It looks almost Sphene like. I too love the mix of acid green and lemonade.

Vapid - that was the Vanadium Chrysoberyl that I had my eye on! Glad you like it. It looks very pretty and it actually had the best colour of all the Vanadiums that AJS had for sale.

Thank you LD!
Yes, it does, doesn''t it? It doesn''t have the fire of a sphene, but I''m not complaining at all. I love the durability of it over a sphene.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2010 8:17:59 AM
Author: Chrono
TL,

It’s a very bright and well saturated stone. Normally I dislike yellow with a passion but when it looks like a bright sunny yellow, I’d happily take that any day. The stone has a small window and slightly off center culet; do you think it’ll benefit from a recut? Ah, it’s a borderline 3 ct stone, so that would make me think twice about a recut as well.

VL,

Yours is a very interesting vanadium chrysoberyl in that it’s a cool greenish minty variety. What’s the stats on it?

Packrat,

I’m so excited for you; do you know which one Michael is cutting for you?

Thank you Chrono,
Yellow is also not one of the colors I'm automatically drawn to, but I love the chartreuse, and that makes it glow. Here's a far away picture in a setting, so you can get a better idea, and you can see the touch of green (natural light). I hope it's not radioactive. LOL!! My poor pink champagne looks a bit scared. Ha!

Thank you Laila!

Thank you Kismet. I don't want to recut. Despite the native cutting, it sparkles like mad.

TLradioactivechrys2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2010 9:42:48 AM
Author: amethystguy
Sweet stuff..that original Mali in the next to pic looks horrendous compoared to your new one..like you said IS brown..i see what you mean in that first pic by 'looks like the green is floating' in the 2 right hand pics of the bacvk of the stone..has that stronger green floating near the top..sweet stuff..and large too.

Thank you Amguy,
Yes, that Mali was a major disappointment *sigh*. Oh well, you live and you learn. It does sparkle though, but the brown turns me off.

Thank you Gingersnap, SCN, Valouria!!

Valouria,
I think this blows many yellow sapphires away (not all, but many), and I don't see why chyrsoberyl wouldn't be a good substitute for a yellow sapphire in an e-ring. It's very durable, and better yet, always untreated (that I know of).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another far away shot since it really gives you an idea of how bright this stone is. Natural light. The window isn't that bad, I think it would close up more when set.

TLradioactivechyrs.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Under my halogens with the sad Mali.

More green here.

TLkryptonitechrys.JPG

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Cry Sober Al V. Mad M''Ali G.

cry_sober_alVmadMaliG.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Mad M''Ali G. V. Crying Sober Al

mAliGvsCry_sober_al.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi TL,

I think the chryso is beautiful! I also love the shape of the cushion, despite the wonkiness of the culet. I think that cushion shape is so friendly and perfect for sparkly gems. There is a softness there. The window looks like it will disappear once set. I''m so happy you find this after the long mali search. That yellow is grand, I''m having thoughts of exchanging my dream of a yellow sapphire for a chryso now
9.gif

Marie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MT!! Ever since I saw your Mali, I wanted something similar, and it culminated in this stone.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif
Always delighted to enable
27.gif
9.gif
9.gif
You''ve returned the enabling favor many many times!!! The latest is your fabulous sapphire pear. Sigh.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
TL, what a fabulous chryso!!!
30.gif

I love how intense the color is, and it''s huge! It reminds me of lemonade.

And I never knew the colors can shift from yellow-green to yellow depending on lighting. I love it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MT,
Ooooh, I hope you get the sapphire pear of your dreams soon!!

PR,
Thank you for the lovely words. Did you get your spess set yet???
31.gif

I took a few more pics, I just love this stone.

Indirect sunlight.

TLkryptochrysoberyl.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture above my post is driving me crazy! The colour is eye popping and you can easily see the brilliancy.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 11:32:03 AM
The picture above my post is driving me crazy! The colour is eye popping and you can easily see the brilliancy.
I know, now I want one! It makes me think of ice-cold lemonade. Sooo pretty!!!
30.gif

TL, I got my spess set, but now I NEED a chryso. STOP IT!
27.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you can easily see the brilliancy.

Really? You can?? LOL! Thanks Chrono.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2010 5:13:06 PM
Author: platinumrock

I know, now I want one! It makes me think of ice-cold lemonade. Sooo pretty!!!
30.gif

TL, I got my spess set, but now I NEED a chryso. STOP IT!
27.gif

I think we need to change your Fanta avatar to anti-freeze color instead. Ha!

Thanks PR.
2.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 8:33:30 PM
MT,
Ooooh, I hope you get the sapphire pear of your dreams soon!!

PR,
Thank you for the lovely words. Did you get your spess set yet???
31.gif

I took a few more pics, I just love this stone.

Indirect sunlight.
OH MY! I heard Angels singing when I saw this picture!
30.gif
TL that stone is gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, Brandy, I don''t know what to say after a compliment like that, but thank you!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely and very bright! Please don''t recut it...

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I think of tangy and citrus when I see that colour - it looks really very nice. I''m interested to know why you''d like to see it bezelled? Is there something about the shape or colour that lends itself to that setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results