shape
carat
color
clarity

Talk to me about Buccellati

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
In my googling I came across the weirdest thing. What looks like an online jewelry shop but must be a scam - they've taken Buccellati's photos and claim to be selling an Opera Tulle bracelet for, say, $80. The website is karl lester shop dot com (I'm not putting in a link because I don't want anyone to click on anything shady.) There's no address or even hint at what country they're in.

Of course if a nutcase is really selling Buccellati at pennies on the dollar I've missed the bargain of the century, but somehow I don't think so.

Definitely definitely a scam. I recently fell prey to one so let me dissuade you.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Definitely definitely a scam. I recently fell prey to one so let me dissuade you.

Oh I would never - but it didn't turn up a few days ago in a search for Buccellati. And do the scammers really think that they can offer to sell Buccellati for under $100 and no one smells a rat? I confess I wonder. Sorry about your experience!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
they've taken Buccellati's photos and claim to be selling an Opera Tulle bracelet for, say, $80

They do this with Rolexes, too -- even on eBay! :cool2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been to the store a few times, in Vegas and Singapore. Lovely pieces though mostly not my style. I did entertain adding this to my collection but the threading was a bit too delicate for my careless ways. They can re-etch it for you if you scratch it up. I will say that for the price, it felt a wee bit flimsy. I compare it to my VCA signature bangle and it felt noticeably lighter in weight, although well constructed. Although interesting and modern, I knew it was a piece I would grow bored of quickly. So I passed. But it may fit another person’s aesthetic perfectly.

IMG_4601.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4602.jpeg
    IMG_4602.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4611.jpeg
    IMG_4611.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4606.jpeg
    IMG_4606.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4612.jpeg
    IMG_4612.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 39
M

maru8888777

I’ve been to the store a few times, in Vegas and Singapore. Lovely pieces though mostly not my style. I did entertain adding this to my collection but the threading was a bit too delicate for my careless ways. They can re-etch it for you if you scratch it up. I will say that for the price, it felt a wee bit flimsy. I compare it to my VCA signature bangle and it felt noticeably lighter in weight, although well constructed. Although interesting and modern, I knew it was a piece I would grow bored of quickly. So I passed. But it may fit another person’s aesthetic perfectly.

IMG_4601.jpeg

I love the texture of this piece!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:
Plenty of fans here!!!! When I think about the countless hours I've spent ogling their pieces, I can't breathe! I've been in one of their stores and I really felt welcome. And I've tried on Estate pieces IRL--and they are everything dreams are made of (think ruby and diamond large gold cuff).

Oakgem and Beladora have Estate items--and they sell. @AGBF started a gold thread here and Buccellati has been oft discussed. Some here have Hawaii collection/pieces.

I'll stop now, lest I give myself a heart attack.

cheers--Sharon

Thanks for alerting me to this thread, Sharon. Buccellati is my favorite. I was trying to think about whether I had anything by Buccellati, because I know I never bought any of the rings or bracelets I coveted over the years...then I read your post and remembered that my earrings from the Hawaii collection are Buccellati. They don't have that characteristic Buccellati look, though. Even though I don't wear my jewelry, I feel as if I missed out by not getting one of those truly characteristic looking Buccellati rings or bracelets while I was still collecting it. (It would have had to be by by hook or by crook as empliiau said she would have to get hers. I don't know how I'd come up with the money for it.)

I did enjoy the Hawaii earrings, though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for alerting me to this thread, Sharon. Buccellati is my favorite. I was trying to think about whether I had anything by Buccellati, because I know I never bought any of the rings or bracelets I coveted over the years...then I read your post and remembered that my earrings from the Hawaii collection are Buccellati. They don't have that characteristic Buccellati look, though. Even though I don't wear my jewelry, I feel as if I missed out by not getting one of those truly characteristic looking Buccellati rings or bracelets while I was still collecting it. (It would have had to be by by hook or by crook as empliiau said she would have to get hers. I don't know how I'd come up with the money for it.)

I did enjoy the Hawaii earrings, though.

Nice to hear from you @AGBF. Actually VERY nice (for me) b/c the OP inquiry was an impetus to touch base with a lovely long standing thread about gold jewellery of your creation. Buccellati notwithstanding.

Last edited:

urchin

Rough_Rock
I have been emboldened, encouraged, and enabled to resolve to go to the Maison in New York.
Please do go into their store if you haven’t already! I went in Milan and they were the sweetest. They also truly appreciate your interest in the brand and craftsmanship, and definitely want to help, even if you don’t buy anything. IMO as a brand Buccellati is much more interested in heritage and craftsmanship and people who appreciate that vs sales’y approach from some other big jewelry brands, and I have experience with quite a few at this point.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you checked The Real Real? I don’t prefer to be the first buyer when I want a branded piece, so I look as the hunt as part of the fun.

I sold some designer jewelry I had worn once or never worn through the Real Real. They took some clothing from me, but they positively pounced on any jewelry I was willing to give up. (I didn't sell much, but what I did was all new and branded. It sold instantly on their website.)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

GULP!

cheers--Sharon

empliau

Shiny_Rock
So: I went this week. They were, as I was encouraged to hope, charming and gracious, and distinctly encouraging.

I have no pictures, but the New York store has diamond bracelets that would blind you, but are absolutely art. Simply, utterly gorgeous. I lingered in front of them, although I have no desire for a diamond bracelet - they were just so out of the world beautiful. Sparkle and design heaven, married in the most exquisite fashion.

The Opera Tulle bracelet. I was sure I wanted enamel. I tried on the green enamel and the mother of pearl - it was like being hit with a thunderbolt. The green enamel was gorgeous. The mother of pearl was EVERYTHING. (Yes, I know I'm shouting. I'm sorry. Nothing else can convey what that bracelet did to me.)

Of course the mother of pearl is more expensive than the enamel. Of course it is. I am working on a plan to get it. Dare I say - it looked, and felt, right. Until I thought about explaining my Visa bill to my husband. But with a bit of economy and summer teaching maybe - although the kitchen is in the midst of a remodel. Still, I can plan two projects at once? Can't I?

TL;DR: The people at Buccellati New York are lovely. The jewelry is breathtaking. Go. If you love the beauty of Renaissance goldsmith work, you won't regret it - although you may regret having a finite wallet.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mother of pearl tulle… It must have been ethereal in-person :love:

I hope all your plans come to fruition quickly and I’m so looking forward to whatever your next update to this thread brings!

M

maru8888777

So: I went this week. They were, as I was encouraged to hope, charming and gracious, and distinctly encouraging.

I have no pictures, but the New York store has diamond bracelets that would blind you, but are absolutely art. Simply, utterly gorgeous. I lingered in front of them, although I have no desire for a diamond bracelet - they were just so out of the world beautiful. Sparkle and design heaven, married in the most exquisite fashion.

The Opera Tulle bracelet. I was sure I wanted enamel. I tried on the green enamel and the mother of pearl - it was like being hit with a thunderbolt. The green enamel was gorgeous. The mother of pearl was EVERYTHING. (Yes, I know I'm shouting. I'm sorry. Nothing else can convey what that bracelet did to me.)

Of course the mother of pearl is more expensive than the enamel. Of course it is. I am working on a plan to get it. Dare I say - it looked, and felt, right. Until I thought about explaining my Visa bill to my husband. But with a bit of economy and summer teaching maybe - although the kitchen is in the midst of a remodel. Still, I can plan two projects at once? Can't I?

TL;DR: The people at Buccellati New York are lovely. The jewelry is breathtaking. Go. If you love the beauty of Renaissance goldsmith work, you won't regret it - although you may regret having a finite wallet.

I hope you keep us posted on this... I'm not usually into branded jewelry, but I'm quite drawn to their pieces... For instance, the bangle that @LLJsmom posted above is absolutely beautiful to my eyes, though it's absolutely not my usual style. I bet the mother of pearl tulle is gorgeous... about to go google it!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I should have specified that it is the chain bracelet, as there is a MOP bangle as well.
I didn't take photos in the store, but I doubt Buccellati would mind screen shots of their fabulous wares: Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 09.55.46.png And a link to the remarkable process from their instagram, coincidentally making the MOP opera tulle logo element:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Alright, alright, this would break me down. I don't care about labels at all, almost to the point of aversion. Never understood the appeal...except for Buccellati. The opera in MOP?
Yes.

M

maru8888777

I should have specified that it is the chain bracelet, as there is a MOP bangle as well.
I didn't take photos in the store, but I doubt Buccellati would mind screen shots of their fabulous wares: Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 09.55.46.png And a link to the remarkable process from their instagram, coincidentally making the MOP opera tulle logo element:

Oh my goodness, this is glorious. I could watch that video all day. Beyond wanting to see the piece or buy it, it makes me wish I had the skill and talent to make beautiful things. Maybe one day I'll learn something about engraving...

Ah, summer teaching :). I hope that, and some planning around the kitchen will give you some flexibility @empliau.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results