shape
carat
color
clarity

Taille Française Grande, or, The Biggest French Cut

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And, just for kicks, a few shots out in the snow ... first one just a pretty shot of the trees against the sky, and then a few of the ring against the snow:

jan_4th_in_central_park.jpg

snow_0.jpg

snow_3.jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, that is just the most stunning ring!

Circe, do you have a thread with your rings? :))

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Begonia said:
Whoa, that is just the most stunning ring!

Circe, do you have a thread with your rings? :))

Thanks, Begonia! You mean like a "family gathering" type of thread? No, but I'll grab a snap of my ring box next time I'm changing 'em out. :)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A window-guard! Genius!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Wowsers. I would say something more articulate but I'm distracted by your precious.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Circe that is exquisite! Truly jaw dropping :love: :love: :love: You are blessed by the bling gods to find these gorgeous unique pieces! The shots next to the ruby dinner ring took my breath away! What a clever idea to create the silver cup for underneath.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GemFever|1389030499|3587522 said:
A window-guard! Genius!!!

Hee - thanks, GemFever! I felt pleased with myself. :praise: I wonder if it'd work for colored stones, too ....

April20 said:
Wowsers. I would say something more articulate but I'm distracted by your precious.

I'm struck by that same feeling all too often, especially on here - thanks, April!

woofmama said:
Circe that is exquisite! Truly jaw dropping :love: :love: :love: You are blessed by the bling gods to find these gorgeous unique pieces! The shots next to the ruby dinner ring took my breath away! What a clever idea to create the silver cup for underneath.

Thank you, WoofMama! I must make my annual offerings to them - hours and hours of my life trawling online auction sites, recitations of their liturgy (i.e., "Is that your best price?"), and sacrifices of bits of my flesh to torch and file and saw. But it's all worth it. :devil:

A few shots I couldn't resist - I feel like it goes with my french cut eternity like they were made for one another. :)

Here it is with the guard above (any red is reflected from my bright red velvet - dudes, it is COLD today, and I will draw warmth from every sense available).

rhr4.jpg

rhr3.jpg

rhr_2.jpg

rhr_1.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And here with the guard "in," between the eternity and the solitaire. Which do you guys like better?

guard_in_1.jpg

guard_in_2.jpg

guard_in_3.jpg

guard_in_4.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning no matter how you wear it! But I like the guard in between.

BTW, if we had dollar for every person I've shown your ring to these past few days we'd both be rich! :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dee*Jay|1389106038|3588159 said:
Absolutely stunning no matter how you wear it! But I like the guard in between.

BTW, if we had dollar for every person I've shown your ring to these past few days we'd both be rich! :love:

Heheheh - thanks, Deej! I think I like it better that way, too, if only because it's more comfortable ... the other way is like, total finger coverage. (Though I am tempted to have my guy attach a similar cup to one of my think french-cut bands, and wear the other below it for a split-shank effect .... :rodent: ) And, a) we need to figure out who to get in touch with to set up that system, and, b) how cool and flattering - thank you!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Circe....that is stunning! Just stunning! I adore it! Wow, what I wouldn't give to have a ring like that... :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to come back for another peek :love:
You cannot post too many pics in this thread :naughty:

I love the look with the guard in between. That way it gives more room to the mega frenchie ring and it looks more balanced. But you cannot you wrong really...

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I looooovvvveeee this ring! :love: :love:

It's one of my favorites on PS because:
it's unique
it has a history (can you imagine who wore it? Is there any way to research the previous owners?)
it has one of my favorite stone combos, sapphire and diamond
it is a rectangle, my favorite diamond shape
it is biiiiiigggg!

So, yes, love everything about it, and I'm happy you bought it. Sometimes, certain things call out to you, and you pass them by and you regret it for years afterwards. I'm glad you didn't let this slip away.

Things come in threes, and this completes your three rings. The two carat, the one with three rubies, and now this one. It was meant to be, no question. :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You get the best loot!

cheers--Sharon

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Smith1942|1389120651|3588321 said:
WOW! Circe....that is stunning! Just stunning! I adore it! Wow, what I wouldn't give to have a ring like that... :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

Thank you, Smith - I bet they're easier to find in England, in some of those gorgeous vintage shops you visit on your treasure hunts!

Acinom said:
Had to come back for another peek :love:
You cannot post too many pics in this thread :naughty:

I love the look with the guard in between. That way it gives more room to the mega frenchie ring and it looks more balanced. But you cannot you wrong really...

Thanks, Acinom! I hope you're not kidding, because once in a while it catches my eye and I just can't help myself .... :rodent:

iLander said:
I looooovvvveeee this ring! :love: :love:

It's one of my favorites on PS because:
it's unique
it has a history (can you imagine who wore it? Is there any way to research the previous owners?)
it has one of my favorite stone combos, sapphire and diamond
it is a rectangle, my favorite diamond shape
it is biiiiiigggg!

So, yes, love everything about it, and I'm happy you bought it. Sometimes, certain things call out to you, and you pass them by and you regret it for years afterwards. I'm glad you didn't let this slip away.

Things come in threes, and this completes your three rings. The two carat, the one with three rubies, and now this one. It was meant to be, no question. :bigsmile:

Thank you, iLander! That is such a nice thing to say! How I *wish* there were a way to research my pieces. Makes me think I should have all of *mine* engraved now, to make it easier for future generations .... :wacko:

I'm glad I same across it again. It feels perfect for/to me.

canuk-gal said:
HI:

You get the best loot!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you, Sharon - so do you. :love:

So, uh ... I couldn't resist snapping a few shots of it next to my french-cut watch. I am nothing if not consistent. :cheeky:

with_watch_4.jpg

with_watch_3.jpg

with_watch_2.jpg

with_watch_1.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new pics Circe, all your pieces work beautifully together and that ring looks so fab on you!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
PERFECT.

Its gorgeous. Just perfect.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was waiting for those pictures! Thank you so much and this is such a stunning match-up! :love: :love: I am pea green with envy of your treasures!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
junebug17|1389592128|3591789 said:
Love the new pics Circe, all your pieces work beautifully together and that ring looks so fab on you!

Thank you, Junebug - you always say the nicest things!

IndyLady said:
PERFECT.

Its gorgeous. Just perfect.

Thanks, Indy!

redwood66 said:
I was waiting for those pictures! Thank you so much and this is such a stunning match-up! :love: :love: I am pea green with envy of your treasures!

I took them just for you. Swear! :Up_to_something: The feeling, btw, is mutual - I love your new princess band!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
THUD.

SLURP.

Circe, I freaking adore that ring! What a wonderful and serendipitous find - good on ya!! :love: :love:

It's gorgeous - I love pieces that are soo off the beaten path like this - makes them more special in my book.

Wear in love and much happiness!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great in your newest pics! And I adore your watch.

I like it with the guard in between eternity and THE BIGGEST FRENCH CUT. Makes the eternity sit better against the main ring!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Day-mn, that is some awesome bling! Cool double halo with the sapphires too.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HeartingDiamonds|1390148296|3596150 said:
THUD.

SLURP.

Circe, I freaking adore that ring! What a wonderful and serendipitous find - good on ya!! :love: :love:

It's gorgeous - I love pieces that are soo off the beaten path like this - makes them more special in my book.

Thanks, HD! The unusual pieces are inevitably the ones that win my heart, time and time again. :love:

Dreamer_D said:

I like it with the guard in between eternity and THE BIGGEST FRENCH CUT. Makes the eternity sit better against the main ring!

You are wise! That's how I've been wearing it. It is amazing how quickly it started feeling completely natural. :rodent:

Jereni said:

Thank you, Jereni! The setting is the perfect complement to the diamond - I catch myself admiring the gallery almost as often as I find myself admiring the top-down view!

Unless, of course, I forget I'm wearing it while I finger-paint with my kid and then feel my heart skip when I look down to see ...

Lesson learned. No more bling-er painting!

paint.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1390845138|3602118 said:
HeartingDiamonds|1390148296|3596150 said:
THUD.

SLURP.

Thanks, HD! The unusual pieces are inevitably the ones that win my heart, time and time again. :love:

Dreamer_D said:

You are wise! That's how I've been wearing it. It is amazing how quickly it started feeling completely natural. :rodent:

Jereni said:

Thank you, Jereni! The setting is the perfect complement to the diamond - I catch myself admiring the gallery almost as often as I find myself admiring the top-down view!

Unless, of course, I forget I'm wearing it while I finger-paint with my kid and then feel my heart skip when I look down to see ...

Lesson learned. No more bling-er painting!

I can't tell you how often my bling looks like that! Glad I'm not the only one. :)

That beauty still gives me chills. Such a spectacular piece!!

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
So in love with this ring.
Not a halo person, but wowza.
So happy you shared.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is so beautiful and unique! I love the setting too. :dance:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad this came back up. What a stunner