shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori 2536 (RD65)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

folger

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone

I don''t know if this is in the correct forum, but I literally need someone to show me the ring, so here goes...

I''m looking to buy a particular Tacori ring but can''t find any pictures other than what is given on the website! (see linke below) The model # is 2536RD65. I''ve been to jewellers around town, but none of them have it in stock. Does anyone own this ring and could post some pictures or do you know where I can find more pics?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!

Folger

http://www.tacori.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH&Product_Code=2536RD65&Category_Code=ENGAGEMENT&Store_Code=TACORI&Search=A&offset=10&filter_cat=4&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=%20&srch_srcha=1

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome folger, I can''t think of someone off the top of my head who owns that setting but you never know, someone may chime in.

I would ask the tacori retailer near you to see if they can order it in for you to look at.

folger

Rough_Rock

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 12:11:42 AM
Author: folger

Unfortunately, I already tried going to the jeweler and apparently they can''t order it in simply to have a look.

you might try asking a different tacori Dealer. I was just at Michael b''s store in LA (i''m in TN) and they said they''d be happy to source out any setting to a local jeweler near me to look at. I know other designers have done the same thing with Ritani''s or whatever. there is just know way a store can carry every setting designers make so many times the designer will just send one to the store for you to look at. seriously, do they expect you to spend $$$$ on a setting without seeing it first?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe they can''t get a sample in! I agree with MrsS and you should try another dealer!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

folger

Rough_Rock
Yeah I''m a bit surprised, too, that they would expect you to buy a ring without actually seeing it first. I''m wondering a little if that particular salesperson just BS''d on that or if she knew for sure. Maybe I''ll call their other location to confirm that claim.

Unfortunately, though, that is the only Tacori dealer in town! I''m from up North, I imagine Tacori dealers are not as common here as in the States. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

folger

Rough_Rock
Gypsy:

Thanks for that link! That is definitely an angle I was more curious about.

Is that the setting you''ve decided to go with for sure? I''m not entirely sure yet, but after looking at some of the Tacori rings I definitely feel like a snob :) at many other jewellery stores because many rings appear of inferior quality in comparison.

I''m also very curious in regards to your other post, where you said the ring looks better with a square diamond. Have you seen a square diamond in it? My potential fiancee actually said she''d prefer a princess cut (this time for real, unlike your post :razz:) but I wasn''t sure what that would look like.

folger

Rough_Rock
Meanwhile I''ve come across a couple more pictures. Gypsy, is this what the ring looks like up close? I don''t know why, but the metal looks quite matte in this picture (i.e. not very shiny, old?), I don''t know why that is. In particular, though, on the claws, is that how the diamonds are set in the model you saw as well? That is, are there 3/4 small diamonds in there like that? Hmm.. odd, I don''t know why the claws seem to curl less in this pic compared to the one you posted in your other link.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2536RD6.5SIDE_resize2.jpg

Tension7

Shiny_Rock
try sisters jewelers in boston at the jewelers exchange building, talk to anna. they have tacori for best price. bought by ritani blue saph there.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very delicate in person. It''s not matte finished. The picture is very detailed... but the actual ring is delicate and refined so the diamonds look like a sparkley trail-- sprinkled sugar-- not beadset individula stones. The sides look like leaves.

One of the stores I went to had both a princess and a round set into that same setting. I''m not a princess fan, but I preferred the look of the setting with a squarer stone. I have an asscher and thought, looking at it, that it would actually look best with a cut cornered square, like an asscher, an X factor, or a square radiant... and STUNNING with a square modern cushion. Many settings you see look contorted to fit a square stone... this one just worked very well with it. Tacori will make the setting to fit a cut cornered square ( I checked) and I''m sure they''d do it for a cushion as well. They will also make other slight modifications to it as well. The matching band is nice too, BTW.

No I haven''t decided on it for sure. But that''s just because I''m neurotic.
37.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori will change the head to any of their rings for any shape diamond. My setting is for a RB and it was no problem (and I don''t think we even paid more) for an EC head.

folger

Rough_Rock
Hehe... this is a never ending story :) I had a ''spy'' run that design past my future fiancee and unfortunately, she didn''t seem too happy. Her main concern apparently were the claws. Gypsy (sorry to keep on harrassing you) or anyone else who''s seen the ring, did you find the claws were too big or clumsy? Does anyone know if it is possible to get finer claws to hold the ring in place?

The problem with me is that when I fall in love with an item I have a hard time finding anything style that pleases me...
40.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Folger, I think Tacoris are *much* more delicate in real life than in their photos. They are blown up to show detail. If you are worried about the prongs I would contact Tacori, tell them your concerns, ask to see a sample or if thinner prongs can be used. Every ring is made to order so changing things shouldn''t be a problem. Good luck!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 2:47:06 AM
Author: folger
Hehe... this is a never ending story :) I had a ''spy'' run that design past my future fiancee and unfortunately, she didn''t seem too happy. Her main concern apparently were the claws. Gypsy (sorry to keep on harrassing you) or anyone else who''s seen the ring, did you find the claws were too big or clumsy? Does anyone know if it is possible to get finer claws to hold the ring in place?

The problem with me is that when I fall in love with an item I have a hard time finding anything style that pleases me...
40.gif

No offense folger, but this is one time in life when it isn''t about what YOU like at all. Stick with what she likes regardless of the things you like and you will have a happy fiancee.

folger

Rough_Rock
Hehe... no worries neatfreak, I know it''s all about her. It may have come off the wrong way there, I was just really hoping she would''ve liked the same ring as well.

Thanks for the tip about the adjustments. I was considering it, but since my fiancee gave it a rather obvious ''no'' I don''t think I''ll be going that route anymore.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
folger, if you're trying to keep the proposal a surprise, maybe consider proposing with a temp setting and try to find the permanent setting together. Or if it's not a complete surprise, take her to a store to try on rings with you to see what she likes and what looks best on her finger. I have found that there are many settings I love in pics but when I try them on they just don't look right on me for some reason. Or maybe have her pick her top 3-4 favorite settings and then you make the final choice from there.

IF you like the look of the tacori's you might also check out www.ritani.com. they have beautiful designs but the prongs are usually a little more dainty.

I think tacori's are beautiful but do agree the prongs can be a little much in some of their designs, I completely understand why she might not like them on this particular ring..

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The claws aren''t really claws when you are looking down at the setting head on. They look like claws from the side-- but head on it looks like a 1/4 or 1/2 bezel setting. Like the corners are bezeled. So I don''t think she''d like it.

I second the ritani. Or custom with Leon Mage.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results