shape
carat
color
clarity

Summer Moives

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I FINALLY saw a new movie today. It was Live Free or Die Hard. I have never seen another Die Hard movie aside from bits and pieces of the 2nd one, but I don''t think it makes much of a difference other than knowing the tag lines and such. I must say, I REALLY enjoyed the movie. There were a lot of really cool action sequences. A few of them were a bit "Yeah, right," but the majority of them were pretty cool. I also thought it was quite humourous in several places. I am so used to multi tasking these days (Especially when I am "watching TV." I never just watch. I have to be working on something) that a lot of the time I get antsy during movies and wish I had something else to do while I watch, but not this one. I was definately entertained.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saw Pirates last night. Meh.

I just got back from Ratatouille!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
LOVED it. Saw the 12:01 showing of it
2.gif
(we waste no time!!)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be careful if you see Pirates -- anything could happen:

pirates.JPG

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
That''s going to be one ugly baby!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 6:07:13 PM
Author: Skippy123
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
Date: 6/28/2007 5:43:58 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 6/27/2007 2:21:56 PM
Author: musey
I also want to see License to Wed, not really for any other reason than John Krasinski (ohhhhhhh LOVE HIM).
John K. is my new CRUSH! Have you seen the latest photo spreads of him in mags -- HOT HOT HOT. He''s so ''of another era'' or something. Retro cool & dead-pan-hilarious.
you should show us those mag pics
Took me a while but ... only for you Skippy!

johnk1.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And one more ... from here.

johnk2.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif
3.gif
Deco! hehe, that is the Office guy; he is adorable! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his pics made my day. hehe

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Transformers was the most fabulous movie. I went to see it last night with my friend and her two boys and my two boys. It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My five year old kept looking at me and going, "Mom, this is awesome!" He gave me high fives during some of the action scenes. It was action-PACKED!!! I never once felt oh, wow cool CGI. It was like, "Squeal, it''s Optimus Prime." I am such a geek.

shay

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh...Deco

My mouth just fell open. I love him so. He''s on my list of "allowed guys", so at least I have that! I love John.... FI wonders why I always tape The Office, and have 5 hours of it on my iPod. *sigh*
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

THANKS!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 1:38:01 PM
Author: Shay37
Transformers was the most fabulous movie. I went to see it last night with my friend and her two boys and my two boys. It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My five year old kept looking at me and going, 'Mom, this is awesome!' He gave me high fives during some of the action scenes. It was action-PACKED!!! I never once felt oh, wow cool CGI. It was like, 'Squeal, it's Optimus Prime.' I am such a geek.

shay
now i am going because of your good review!!! hubby and i love action packed movies!!!! off to the movies.hehe

eta not seeing it because it opens july 2nd, dang

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Deco, I am in HEAVEN right now!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
27.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 1:46:32 PM

Date: 6/29/2007 1:38:01 PM
Author: Shay37
Transformers was the most fabulous movie. I went to see it last night with my friend and her two boys and my two boys. It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My five year old kept looking at me and going, ''Mom, this is awesome!'' He gave me high fives during some of the action scenes. It was action-PACKED!!! I never once felt oh, wow cool CGI. It was like, ''Squeal, it''s Optimus Prime.'' I am such a geek.

shay
now i am going because of your good review!!! hubby and i love action packed movies!!!! off to the movies.hehe

eta not seeing it because it opens july 2nd, dang
Yup. My friend''s SIL works at Dave and Busters and she got premiere passes from her bosses that the radio station promo (94 HJY) was running. Me and the boys did get to see it before it opened.

The security was amazing. You got searched to make sure no recording devices of any kind. They also had guys in black suits with night vision goggles walking around so that they could catch you in the act if you were trying to record the movie.

shay

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen Knocked up, Pirates, Shrek, and 1408. Knocked up was freaking hilarious and so is Shrek. I didn''t really enjoy Pirates very much despite loving the first and second...I thought it was very convoluted and just plain ridiculous. 1408 was also cool. It was very creepy in a not so gruesome way (Saw, Hostel etc). It''s more psychological.

DH can''t hardly wait for Transformers but I''m personally very excited for Harry Potter
10.gif

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 12:05:10 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Be careful if you see Pirates -- anything could happen:

23.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw Fantastic Four today and it was . . . meh
28.gif

But Chris Evans was the cutie of the movie.
3.gif
I still can't wait for Harry Potter; it looks very exciting!!!

chris-evans-9.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Saw Die Hard last night and it was fab! FULL of what you''d expect--and we were not disappointed. Heehhee that old John McLean. Waiting on Harry Potter now, but I dobut I''ll be see Homer on the big screen. OH AND can''t wait for Transformers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cjeers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw Transformers and have to say it was super action packed!!!! Lots of explosions. hehehe

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 9:22:56 PM
I saw Transformers and have to say it was super action packed!!!! Lots of explosions. hehehe
We saw Transformers, too! I thought it was a bit long, but it sure kept the audience enthralled. I felt very guilty taking my kids to it though. . .I think its target audience really is only adults due to all the violence!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 10:59:13 PM
Author: MC
Date: 7/6/2007 9:22:56 PM

We saw Transformers, too! I thought it was a bit long, but it sure kept the audience enthralled. I felt very guilty taking my kids to it though. . .I think its target audience really is only adults due to all the violence!

I thought so too but I was in shock there were so many 3-5 year olds. Some parts I thought were scary too. It was loud and a little long. I thought it was entertaining.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 11:00:46 PM

I thought so too but I was in shock there were so many 3-5 year olds. Some parts I thought were scary too. It was loud and a little long. I thought it was entertaining.
I know! My kids are 5 and 6 and it was just flat out wrong to have brought them! They LOVE transformers so much, though, so DH thought it would be a shame for them not to see it. I wish the movie had been a bit more child friendly.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 11:04:49 PM
Author: MC
Date: 7/6/2007 11:00:46 PM

I know! My kids are 5 and 6 and it was just flat out wrong to have brought them! They LOVE transformers so much, though, so DH thought it would be a shame for them not to see it. I wish the movie had been a bit more child friendly.

I bet they loved it; I wouldn''t worry.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw Ratatouille which was very cute, my 5 year old enjoyed it. I saw Pirates and found it long and odd, but love Orlando Bloom. Saw Knocked up, nearly peed myself at some of the stuff, but it had a poignancy too. Well done for the genre. I saw Shrek and enjoyed it, Fantastic 4 was ehh but the Human Torch actor is HOT pun intended. I would love to see Transformers, think it might be too scary for my 5 year old, want to see Evan Almighty. Also saw Surf''s Up, voiced by Shia LeBeouf, who is the guy in Transformers and Disturbia. Did not see Disturbia though I heard it was really good, creep and sort of like Rear Window in the modern age.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We saw License to Wed on Wednesday. It was just okay, but TOTALLY worth it to see J.Kras. Um, yeah, def. had weird wedding slash john krasinski dreams that night
3.gif
31.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Musey, I have dreams about Krasinski all the time, it''s maddening, because it''s just us hanging out. Odd.

Ephemery: Finally saw Knocked Up. I laughed my butt off and just couldn''t have enjoyed it more!! We are SO buying it. And you were right, it was totally like that scene in 40 Year Old Virgin!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait for the Knocked Up DVD! I put myself on the "e-mail me when it''s available" list on Amazon.com--first movie I''ve done that with!

AW, mine was recreating that heart-wrenching tension between Jim & Pam. I so LOVE those moments that they had esp. in the 2nd season, when he gives her those looks and you just know how tortured he feels. So my dream was a little conglomeration of those awful/wonderful moments.

SO off-topic, HA! I bet we could get a lot of replies in a "John Krasinski Dreams" thread
31.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m waiting for Harry Potter and FI is waiting for Transformers...

He saw Pirates, Shrek and Spiderman and we saw Fantastic 4 together. He thought Spiderman was good, Pirates and Fantastic 4 okay, and Shrek was meh. I thought Fantastic 4 was meh...
28.gif

Slightly OT, but I rented Freedom Writers and it''s amazing. It''s an incredible story!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anchor, I met Erin Gruell twice at two different events in Philadelphia. At the second, the girl on whom lead girl (Eva in the film) was based came and spoke as well and she was amazing. I took my two older kids to see it too. I was in L.A. when the aftermath of the King riots came down and it was great to see her making a difference. She is still in touch with all 150 of the Freedom Writers and has a charitable foundation now, tours schools all over and even speaks in Washington about education and how to really make a difference. She walks the walk for sure. And after I got to talk at length to her about the movie and her mission etc, I cut to the chase and asked the really vital need to quesiton...HOW CUTE IS PATRICK DEMPSEY IN REAL LIFE?!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Amber I'm so glad you liked Knocked Up!!! I have been having cravings to see it again... I keep trying to find friends who haven't see it yet so I can offer to go with them...
31.gif

And count me in on the John K. club!! Weirdly, I went to high school with (and was asked to senior prom by!) his cousin. Even though they have the same last name, my friend and I didn't make the connection until an episode of The Office where they show Jim's old yearbook picture, and it looked JUST LIKE the guy we knew. Then last year, my friend went out to LA to visit some people, and kept claiming she was going to meet John Krasinski while she was there. Sure enough, on her last night, she ran into him at a Death Cab concert!! She went right up and announced "hey, um, I went to high school with your cousin"... she said the poor guy just looked at her in confusion as she explained, then humored her for a few minutes before he escaped with some friends. She is always hoping she'll see him on a talk show being asked about weird fan encounters, so that he can mention her...
9.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 8:26:00 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Really???? I didn''t think it was that scary! Maybe I have more tolerance. I HATE scary movies that are just meant to scare you (like ''the ring'') but I love more thriller/suspense. I also thought his character was so likable so therefore less scary. We also saw ''Ocean''s 13'' which was good. I really want to see ''waitress'' but it doesn''t seem to be playing anywhere by me. My sister told me to skip ''knocked up'' until after the baby is born. She said the labor screens would freak me out
23.gif

we saw Knocked Up last night...i was ROTFLMAO I loved it. Tacori....since I already have one kid, I can''t say that the labor scene was that bad. Unrealistic (at least in my experience), and DH and I were laughing so hard during it----its just a movie!

I am buying this movie the SECOND the DVD hits the store...dang funny.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I saw this thread and thought I have to add my two cents.

Saw 1408, liked it. Odd and a bit scared at parts, but al in all it was good. Weird, but good. I am a fan of Cusacks, both really...

Haven't seen Trasnformers, but will. Too many people told me to see it, although it's not generally my genre...

Saw Knocked up, it was great, although wondering why there where no pirates or Shrek in it....Madame Bijoux, what theater is that particular version playing at?
28.gif
I liked how it was deep enough, realistic, and interesting as well as parts where quite hysterical.

I have also loved a movie that no one mentioned, but I am a Independant film buff, so maybe it's just me. I saw La Vie En Rose, the story of Edith Piaf, and it was so wonderful. It was a bit gritty and entirely sad. My friend and I just shook our heads all brunch after that (I was in the theater with the average watcher aged about 80+ at the Paris theater). Entirely aprops... So far my favorite for the human element and emotional connection of a true story. Although I am hoping Harry Potter will top it? (gotta love HP's realism!)

My friend, her husband, and our two other friends has secured us midnight tickets to Harry this Friday the 13th, so I am fairly excited. I remember years ago when my friend's daughter left her Harry Potter at my home and I leafed through it at her suggestion. I read it like a big girl book, and thought, WOW, this is actually a good read, and I'm not a pre-teen! Since that fateful day I am on pre-orders and have seen all of the movies, first day, first show. *ashamed* I am a Potterhead.

So, there are actually other movies I want to see. You Kill Me, with Ben Kingsley (whom I adore since the movie House of Sand and Fog), Luke Wilson and Tea Leoni...It looks hysterically noir...I am also interested if anyone has heard a buzz about more smaller films, like Goya's Ghost and Delirious. Blockbusters are fun, but I always feel so overloaded with "stuff" and no real connection to a plot or anything. Someone please set me straight if there are good summer blockbusters I am missing...

I think Shrek will be a rental, but certainly a must buy, as Knocked Up will be... Evan Almighty I heard was terrible...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results