shape
carat
color
clarity

Strong Blue Flour...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

osubucs

Rough_Rock
I purchased a Strong Blue Flour, I- Color Diamond and when I take it out in the sunlight it has an appearance of blue. When I view the diamond outside in shade, it looks bright white. Is this normal?

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
The blue in sunlight may be the sky reflecting in the stone, flor from what i understand is mostly visible in dark situations...

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I''m no expert but from what I can gather, diamonds with blue fluor characteristics fluoresce in UV light, and sunlight contains UV light so that''s why they look blue in strong natural light! I think it''s makes the diamond look beautiful!
28.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, it''s normal. I''ve seen a strong blue in the sunlight that looked almost periwinkle..

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Mine has strong blue fluorescence, and I love it! It shines all sorts of beautiful colors during the day, in natural light, sunlight and all other kinds of light. It''s been over 2 months and I am still amazed at all the colors I see each day. You can see it here.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/15/2007 2:43:39 PM
Author:osubucs
I purchased a Strong Blue Flour, I- Color Diamond and when I take it out in the sunlight it has an appearance of blue. When I view the diamond outside in shade, it looks bright white. Is this normal?
Diamonds rarely look nice in direct strong sunlight. The better the cut sometimes the worse they look. So try comparing yours to non fluoro stones in side by side tests. You may find the blue from fluror is as nice or nicer.

In shaded sunlight your I could well look like a D. That is the great advantage (along with a saving in cost).

There are many strange theories as to why fluoro diamonds often cost less, but in general people who are in the know and like looking at diamonds prefer fluoro.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/16/2007 2:33:08 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 9/15/2007 2:43:39 PM
Author:osubucs
Diamonds rarely look nice in direct strong sunlight. The better the cut sometimes the worse they look. So try comparing yours to non fluoro stones in side by side tests. You may find the blue from fluror is as nice or nicer.

In shaded sunlight your I could well look like a D. That is the great advantage (along with a saving in cost).

There are many strange theories as to why fluoro diamonds often cost less, but in general people who are in the know and like looking at diamonds prefer fluoro.
Garry...
11.gif
, it could be a great marketing arm for low quality cuts in sunny countries like Saudi Arabia, Emirates, Marrocco
or even Nevada
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results