shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting a Ruby thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was really surprised to read that there haven''t been that many photos of Rubies on PS so I thought I''d start a thread where everybody can put their photos and we can all enjoy! I''ll start the ball rolling ....

6.8ct marquise

Hotlips4_1_1_1_1.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an antique piece - apologies but I can''t remember the stats. Sorry for the blurry photo. The Ruby itself is a gorgeous warm red and the clarity is excellent.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my favourite pieces. It''s more red than it looks here. 2.8ct trilliant.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two hearts. The largest is over 5ct I think and the smallest just over 2ct.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The clarity on this one isn''t great but it looks better than the photo suggests. The pear is 1.30ct

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this because you don''t often see Emerald cuts and the clarity is lovely. It''s only small at about .75ct for the Ruby.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another pear cut but I can''t remember the stats - I think it''s around 2ct.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate this ring because the Ruby is BE diffused
7.gif
or at least I''m pretty sure it is. The clarity and colour are just too good to be true.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. Now for something contraversial!!! Is this a Ruby or a Sapphire????? It's certified as a Ruby but to me, this is way way way way way too pink! It's just over 4ct.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And with her pink friend that is also supposed to be a Ruby (but I would say is a Sapphire)!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2009 3:01:25 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Ok. Now for something contraversial!!! Is this a Ruby or a Sapphire????? It''s certified as a Ruby but to me, this is way way way way way too pink!
Pink or not, the saturation is good, it''s very pretty, the cut is unique and I love it.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one! A star Ruby - 4.83ct.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2009 3:01:25 PM
Ok. Now for something contraversial!!! Is this a Ruby or a Sapphire????? It''s certified as a Ruby but to me, this is way way way way way too pink! It''s just over 4ct.
lovely cut!

Great Collection LD!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2009 3:04:35 PM
Last one! A star Ruby - 4.83ct.
oooh one day I''ll have me a star one of these
30.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Your marquise is heart-stopping.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww thank you all for your lovely comments.

C''mon PS''ers - show us your Rubies! Please! Pretty please!

kend600

Rough_Rock
Nice rubies maybe soon i will post some of my burma rubies up

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my old ruby engagement ring (before I lost it earlier this year
39.gif
)

I suspect it was BE filled due it''s price but it wasn''t flawless either which I loved coz it looked real ya know?

Had absolutely terrific traffic stopping red colour. Glowed under office lights too.

I miss it but decided not to get another ruby as now I''m aware of how much a really decent untreated ruby would be so have gone for a different stone this time.
Sorry for the terrible photo!

RuBy20o4.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ruby earrings with drop pearls. I designed these myself!

CIMG15291.JPG

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ruby earrings and necklace.

CIMG15391.JPG

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
And multi-gem earrings.

CIMG15221.JPG

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 2:48:35 PM
Author:LovingDiamonds
I was really surprised to read that there haven''t been that many photos of Rubies on PS so I thought I''d start a thread where everybody can put their photos and we can all enjoy!

Likely because fine rubies are so incredibly expensive! Thanks for sharing yours
36.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 3:00:17 PM
7.gif
or at least I''m pretty sure it is. The clarity and colour are just too good to be true.

I thought that rubies are more often filled rather than BE diffused. Also, the BE diffused ''red sapphires'' I''ve seen are very orangy looking. Check out this thread. link

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting your rubies everyone!
30.gif

Someday I''d love to have a red natural ruby, but in the size I want, it''s going to be a looooong wait! And I don''t even want a huge one . . . . just 2+ ct.
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
I know you''re British. Your last name doesn''t happen to be Windsor, is it? Gosh - I''m just boggled and in awe of your whole collection.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, a lovely collection of rubies. I will have to get a group photo of mine and post them.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
A wonderful collection of ruby pieces.
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
LD, that''s one heck of a collection! My favorites are the trillion pendant, that one with a pear, the ring that you hate (which I love because of the design) and the loose hearts.

Szh07, that suite with pearls really has an interesting design!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
LD,

Thank you for starting this. You have the most incredible rubies. How long have you been collecting them?

I have no idea which one(s) are the most interesting. The star? I wonder, can you see the star when you wear it?

Oh, the pear drop is gorgeous.... and, I think my favorite is the heart.

I had a chance at a heart earlier this year. A heart pendant would be beautiful. Are you going to set them?

-Pink

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2009 8:09:06 PM
Author: szh07

Date: 11/25/2009 3:00:17 PM
7.gif
or at least I'm pretty sure it is. The clarity and colour are just too good to be true.

I thought that rubies are more often filled rather than BE diffused. Also, the BE diffused 'red sapphires' I've seen are very orangy looking. Check out this thread. link
Unfortunately SZH rubies are now BE diffused also
7.gif
Yes, rubies can be filled with lead/glass etc., and again, this is becoming horribly common. I'm very careful to make sure that all my rubies are natural (I don't mind heat) but the one I posted above slipped through the net! It's definitely been diffused. They are actually too red to be true with no hint of orange so beware! If you're buying rubies make sure if the clarity and colour are too good to be true ....... it may well have had some treatment.
7.gif

I adore your earrings! WOW! Your design is lovely. Is the other set (the one with the pearls) antique?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results