shape
carat
color
clarity

Spoiler: Ohhh, pics from the set of Sex and the City Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confession: I totally married my "Mr. Big." I love him for all his great qualities and shortcomings...I have to tell you I hadn''t even seen SATC when I met him, though, but when I began watching it I noticed there were a lot of similarities between the character and my hubby! Eh, what''re you gonna do? Love him, that''s what I''ve done. I definitely don''t identify with Carrie, though...I''m more a combo of Sam and Charlotte, depending on the day, lol! I remember being kind of the "sex guru" in the dorm atmosphere in college, I''ve always been the gal who''s most open about sexuality, etc., and wasn''t afraid to talk about things very openly. I enjoy being a big "saucy," but at the same time sort of preppy/girly. That''s probably where the similarities end, tg.
9.gif
I don''t know if I''m really into seeing the movie or not...I''m more interested in seeing a Sopranos movie at this point!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Put me also in the cannot wait camp. I loved loved the show, and was sad when it ended. I had heard that Kim Cattral and SJP disliked eachother and that the movie was not ever going to be made. I am glad they were wrong, and still feel interested in them and Big etc and would definitely go see it. I LOVE Charlotte, because she is trying to be perfect but really struggles, Miranda is tough and competent but can be bitchy. I love Carrie (though some of her clothes did give me pause for sure!!!) And Samantha definitely was in charge of her life, but I was happy to see her with Smith at the end.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
After living the past 10 years without cable TV, I didn''t know what SATC was like except through media critics/pundits, magazine references, and the general osmosis of absorbing current cultural references. So, I looked forward to seeing it when it became a late night syndicated series on a local channel. Of course, they removed some language and the blatant nudity, but the essence was still there. After watching the first show, where Carrie (in clown-like makeup) keeps up a dialog with the camera - on camera -- I said "What the hell was everybody gaga about? This is crap!" But, as time went on, the producers/directors/actors seem to get the hang of what it should be - and it was addictive.

I liked Carrie''s wit; didn''t think much of her choices in life. Too much money spent on *stuff* and no thought about her future other than "is anyone out there for me?". She did have the best chemistry with Big, and they were very much alike. Aidan was a wonderful person, but far too laid back and hippie-style for her to ever be happy in the long term. He didn''t care about fashion, society, being seen at all the hot spots, etc. -- and she needed those things like oxygen. In some ways, that made her rather shallow. But she was smart enough to know she was giving up a good thing when she walked away from Aidan.

Miranda could give me gas -- what a pessimist! Be happy already! Loved her wedding; it was simple, intimate, just right.

Samantha needed to be in love with someone who loved her. Too much casual sex is just a smokescreen for real loneliness.

Charlotte was a little too perfect, and obscessed with babies. Carrie gave her some great advice at her second wedding about living in the moment.

Carrie had to end up with Big; when it was right between them, it was VERY right.

My hope is that the movie doesn''t change the (more or less) settled happiness the characters were feeling at the end of the last show.

That''s my 2 cents.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, maybe this isn''t going to go over well on this board....but I''m definitely half-Carrie, half-Charlotte and I love the Carrie side of myself.
9.gif
A little wild, a little silly, prone to being a little too obsessed with in-the-moment-STUFF...but that''s what the Charlotte side is for. It''s my rational, perfectionist, "save some for later and make sure life stays great" side.

I think Carrie had to end up with Big. She''s not a nice enough person to have ended up with Aiden. She''s all fun and fluff, while Aiden needed somebody solid. He needed a complement, and she was just a drain on him. Big''s got the resources to let Carrie live the way she wants, loves her in his very independent way, and puts up with her. She, in turn, loves him in her flighty, semi-desperate way, and has been waiting to make him her own for a while. I think it''s as much mutual possession as it is love. I felt like at the end when Big went to get Carrie from Alexsander there could be something real underneath their screwed-up relationship.

That said, I adore the show and I absolutely can''t wait until the movie.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Uh oh....this isn''t popular with my girlfriends, so it probably won''t be popular here...but Aidan drove me nuts. I thought he was boring and self righteous and so not Carrie. Really though, a case can be made for disliking almost everyone on the show (with the possible exception of Steve...aw, Steve). All the characters had pretty deep flaws but it was fun was watching them evolve. On that note...even though I''m SO PUMPED for the movie, I''m more than a little skeptical as to how it will pan out. The ladies all came full circle in the finale, so what''s left?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
carrie drove me nuts. if i had a friend like her i think i would have gagged her and stuffed her in a closet a long time ago. she's so high maintenance and needy. and all that affirmation she needs from people. and how irresponsible she was with her money and her relationships and her life just in general. how she treated aidan that 2nd time around? and her fashion sense, she was supposed to be so ... what? cutting edge? i was never a fan of the exposed contrasting bra strap thing, way to ruin a beautiful dress. but some of her outfits were cute for sure. and her shoes were swoonable. but she was definitely funny and a 'fun' friend but seemed to never have much substance to her.

that said...i loved the show...esp stanford and charlotte's designer guy...in terms of who i identify most strongly with, maybe like a more fashion-minded miranda. i like her straightforwardness and her cynical nature...but i definitely think i have cuter hairstyles and clothes lol!! but in the end ... the last year or two she was looking pretty snazzy. and honestly i am more happy go lucky than she is...but i have that same blunt edge.

i loved charlotte with harry...!! he was the perfect guy for her 'perfect' personality...he made her so much more real to me.

i'll def see the movie!! i loved that carrie and big ended up together. i felt like all their neurosis and dysfunctions just led them back to each other. and i'm a romantic at heart so i loved that in the end he came for her after all the pining away she had done for him over the years. i hope the movie has them together!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m TOTALLY a Charlotte...which probably explains a lot.
31.gif

Carrie bothered me too. Did you see the SNL where they had all the characters and Carrie wasn''t saying anything but puns? It was so hilarious....cause that''s really all she did!!

As for her style, the one thing she wore that I really loved (but could never pull off) was the dress she wore to a wedding...it was Miranda''s male friend''s from out of town who married her interior decorator and Carrie had to write a poem for the ceremony. I LOVED the dress she was wearing!!! That''s the only thing that stood out. Everything else was just too much.

She treated Aiden like crap though. Aiden was like my dream man. lol.
9.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry gals, Carrie and Aiden both drove me nuts! Carrie was totally neurotic and Aiden was too much of a goody goody. I can't stand their relationship at all! My favorites were Samantha and Big. Big might have been a bit of a a$$ but he was just too COOL
9.gif
, but of course in real life guys like Big don't just suddenly turn around the decide your the one
41.gif
. Samantha was just so outrageous, you gotta love her!

On a side note, my favorite Carrie outfit was the red De la Renta dress she wore in the last season.
30.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
They''re making us wait till next May?!?!!

I loved SATC and I''m so lucky DH bought the box set for me once Christmas so I can watch it over and over. He said it was testimony to how much he loved me because he sat down to watch all the seasons with me without TOO much wincing
2.gif

DH says I''m most like Charlotte, but I actually identify with Miranda a bit more. She''s more practical and I''d love to have her as a friend. She''s the most loyal and grounded of the bunch, and she''s always there for Carrie when she''s being whiny, needy and neurotic. I loved the romance between Miranda and Steve because it was the most ''realistic''. And Aidan was also my top favourite of all the ''Carrie boyfriends''. And whoa who could say no to that giant asscher??
30.gif

Top favourite scene in SATC? When Charlotte is hailing a taxi and flashing her beautiful HW emerald cut ring. That ring is to die for!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh I have been following their filming from last week-I''m SO EXCITED!! I am addicted to this show. I watch an episode at least once a day (seriously, I watch one when I''m getting dressed in the morning and then another one before I go to bed)
20.gif
3.gif
I so need to get a life!!
I can see a bit of samantha and charlotte in me and I have Carrie''s Manolo obsession too. I adore Carrie''s fashion sense. I just adore it and I cannot wait to see the movie. My mam wants to fly over to see it in the New York when it comes out but I don''t know if that''s going to happen yet! Yep, she''s obsessed too!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I LOVE Charlotte with Harry. Their wedding is my favorite SATC episode of all time. Carrie and the 'jackrabbit' groomsman that gave her back spasms and mouthed 'F U' to her during the wedding(!), Sam breaking her pearl bracelet all over the altar at the wedding, Harry spilling wine on Charlotte's dress and not being able to break the glass at the end ofthe ceremony, Charlotte almost falling down the aisle because of Sam's pearls everywhere, the jackrabbit's wedding toast ("people....are a b!!!ch"), Miranda setting her speech on fire...ahhhh, LOVE THAT EPISODE!!!

I adored Harry, as well as Anthony and all his jokes when Charlotte was picking out her wedding dress. He always had good one liners.

I too own the pink velvet box set - but I admit, I usually watch all the tv episodes that Tivo records on a whim instead!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
favorite show of all time!!!!!! sooo sad it ended. still.
guess i''m a loner in my thoughts of the characters, but:
my favorite forever was carrie. i think i wished i was her. loved her style, her hair, her personality. loved how carefree she could be.
but after the show ended, i had this biggo revelation that i was indeed charlotte, with less money
20.gif
and not as put together.

i also LOVED big. maybe not him all the way around, but him and carrie together. they just were that right fit. and i was sad that they made Alexander Petrovsky pretty much a jerk because my dancer background makes me ADORE Mikhail Baryshnikov!! (i even rented several of his ballets to watch again after he was cast)

i have a couple of really good friends that i''ve been friends with for 15 or so years. one is defintely carrie, one is a mix of miranda & sam & i''ve been dubbed charlotte. ha.
5.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think one of my favourite episodes ever is the one where big is going for his heart surgery and he opens up to Carrie and they have the music in the background and he''s asking What are they doing etc. I loe that episode-always has me in tears

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy, I should hang out at the hang out more often!! I''m so used to talking about and reading about diamonds, I forget that you guys are here!

I love SATC and recently when I was sick, I brought home the DVD of the first season of episodes. I couldn''t remember for the life of me if I had seen the first episode. I had but anyway..... yep, the MSNBC website, along with some of the media websites did blow some of what was supposed to be the surprises of the movie. Charlotte? Yep, finally preggers! Carrie & Big? Still together, although no where is it noted just how together they are. Engaged together? Married together? I don''t think so. I don''t think that Carrie is the marrying kind even though she did FINALLY land her dream guy.

I was born, raised, educated and worked in "the City" and I can tell you from personal experience that the City emotionally handicaps people. Lots of people are choosy, picky, scared, sarcastic, sex starved, or sex maniacs who will sleep with any human being who remains still long enough. And marriage shy. Let''s not forget marriage shy. City people are almost too good to get married and get taken out of the "game". I am terribly interested in finding out exactly how Carrie may have changed in this movie and where she and Big will end up. I believe that Carrie was the most emotionally handicapped of the four. I don''t think Samantha was emotionally handicapped, I just think she was a nympho!

Any guesses? Has Carrie grown up? And does anyone else find it interesting that none of these characters ever had family except for Miranda whose Mother died? OK Steve had family, his alcoholic dementia ridden Mother, but he wasn''t one of the main four.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
SPOILER

"The photos show Kristin Davis’ character Charlotte, sporting a large baby bump and looking rather displeased with notorious bad boy Mr. Big, who is played by Chris Noth. Although it’s yet-to-be-confirmed, reports claim that the confrontation between Charlotte and Big started after he was caught dining with a woman other than Carrie. She was then followed from a restaurant onto the street by Big - the on/off love interest of Charlotte's close friend Carrie - and overheard screaming: "I don't want to see you. I curse the day you were born." During their heated row Charlotte's water breaks and Mr. Big is forced to usher Charlotte to the hospital."

Naughty Mr Big...
36.gif

SEXANDTHECITY.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Ladies and gents,

Do you think it possible that this is a 'red herring'. Perhaps a dream?

I thought Charlotte was unlikely to conceive. Hmmmm. Did she find another partner with extra virile juices?

11.gif
I love Harry. Sob
39.gif

One website chat room suggested Mr Big was the father. Ugh! What do they know?

I vote for a dream sequence. Charlotte is a classy broad, what’s with the maternity sack? Worse than that - a SPOTTY DOTTY maternity sack.

I will reserve my copy, but not 'buying it' just yet
28.gif
!

redherring.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 6:55:24 PM
Author: Steel

Ladies and gents,
Do you think it possible that this is a ''red herring''. Perhaps a dream?

I thought Charlotte was unlikely to conceive. Hmmmm. Did she find another partner with extra virile juices?

11.gif
I love Harry. Sob
39.gif

I''ve thought it''s possible that it''s a dream or something, but it was written in the first script of the movie. After it was clear the movie was not going to happen, the woman who plays Charlotte said that in the movie, when she and Harry were going to pick up their adopted little girl, that Charlotte would find out she was pregnant. Part of me wants it to be a surprise (ie. therefore not real) but part of me also wants Charlotte to get pregnant!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results