shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel lovers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Gemrite spinel is just awesome; the shocking colour is right up my alley.
2.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the pink spinel (all pink spinels posted here!).

Note to self: I do not need another pink spinel. No, I mean it, no more pink stones. Drop that credit card now!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 2:58:12 PM
Author: yingh
Freke, I love all your rings but especially the second one from bottom! Where did you get that ring?
That is my PS gift. I got it from dimend SCASSI in Chicago. Couldn''t recommend Alexa more, she is fabulous to work with!

And thanks TL and Chrono!

I swear my fingers aren''t that long! I look at that pic and wonder how all of those rings fit on my fingers!

The pink is pretty included (to my eye) but it is so worth it because of the color. It screams!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is my new pretty pink spinel from Dan. This beauty is full of sparkle at .90 ct.

Lori

DANSPINELPINK90.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 6:03:37 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 12/5/2009 2:58:12 PM
Author: yingh
Freke, I love all your rings but especially the second one from bottom! Where did you get that ring?
That is my PS gift. I got it from dimend SCASSI in Chicago. Couldn''t recommend Alexa more, she is fabulous to work with!

And thanks TL and Chrono!

I swear my fingers aren''t that long! I look at that pic and wonder how all of those rings fit on my fingers!

The pink is pretty included (to my eye) but it is so worth it because of the color. It screams!
Liz is the reason why I started looking into spinels. Her collection impressed me SO much that I decided to learn about spinels and add some to my collection. My quest continues and I''m so thankful that I met her!
12.gif

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s very pretty Lori,

These are my two favorite spinels, both around 1.5 carats in weight.

The things I love about spinels (yes me) is that they are really undervalued right now, especially in comparison to their cousin, the sapphire, so I can try and get stones that look like sapphires for much less $$$. I also like the sparkle factor and the durability. Although Mahenge''s are not cheap, next to sapphires of similar color, they''re a good buy right now.

TLfavspinels.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2009 12:24:44 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

The things I love about spinels (yes me) is that they are really undervalued right now, especially in comparison to their cousin, the sapphire, so I can try and get stones that look like sapphires for much less $$$. I also like the sparkle factor and the durability. Although Mahenge''s are not cheap, next to sapphires of similar color, they''re a good buy right now.
Whoa - that''s the best color I''ve seen from those stones. If they look anything like that IRL, then I
30.gif
them.

And may I just say, seeing a Mahenge spinel has practically ruined all other pink stones for me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 12:37:36 AM
Author: cellentani

Date: 12/6/2009 12:24:44 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Whoa - that''s the best color I''ve seen from those stones. If they look anything like that IRL, then I
30.gif
them.

And may I just say, seeing a Mahenge spinel has practically ruined all other pink stones for me.
Thanks Cellentani. The above pink spinel is Burmese, and it has a stronger orange secondary than the hot pink Mahenge''s. It also has UV fluor.
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are two violet/lavender spinels, but without the same saturation of color as the one violet above, just for the sake of comparison. Same lighting conditions. They have more of a cool feeling to them.

TLspinelsgrey.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I just realized that I only have 2 spinels even though I absolutely love the stone. One of my top three favorite rings is my blue spinel one (the big purply blue stone at the top). like pink spinels as well (at the bottom left, one of the bezeled stacking rings is a pink spinel) but I'm much more drawn to the moody blue shades
1.gif

PB300010.jpg

Pink spinel here:

BEGStackingRings1.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 6:04:30 PM
Author: loriken214
Here is my new pretty pink spinel from Dan. This beauty is full of sparkle at .90 ct.

Lori

LOVE this!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve decided I adore Spinels! I have a multi-coloured spinel bracelet that is lovely. The colours are much more vibrant in real life (and I''ll try to take some up to date photos later but here''s an old photo as a taster!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice bracelet LD. Do the spinels stand up well to wear as a bracelet?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/6/2009 9:24:19 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I''ve decided I adore Spinels! I have a multi-coloured spinel bracelet that is lovely. The colours are much more vibrant in real life (and I''ll try to take some up to date photos later but here''s an old photo as a taster!

mmm...nice!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 9:24:19 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
OMG LD,
Just when I expect no more surprises from you, there comes another one. I swear, you should open a museum with all your fine gems.
1169425oabd8or7qu.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful spinels!

Thank you Lori, TL, LD, and BEG for posting your spinels! And of course, thank for Freke for all of your help, and for more shots. Your Darth Vader spinel is so interesting! It reminds me of times when I see models with short, black manicured nails and they look so classy. A little mysterious, certainly confident...does anyone else know the feeling I am talking about? Something like a rebel, with a cause.

BEG- Is the spinel the cushion toward the top of your hand or the round?

TL- I love your pink spinel, and your three lavenders! Any idea what you''re going to do with them?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I am so lovin'' the pictures of all the beautiful spinels!! I don''t think I have set any of mine yet..need to get to work!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 12:06:30 PM
Author: szh07
Beautiful spinels!

TL- I love your pink spinel, and your three lavenders! Any idea what you're going to do with them?
Thanks szho7. That violet spinel reminds me so much of my lilac diamond except the spinel is more deep in saturation and tone. I wish I had two lilac diamonds to surround it. They would be perfect. Hey did anyone see that even Harry Winston loves lilac spinels. Check this ring out!!
30.gif
It is more blue like the daylight color of my newest spinel, and this is the color I was looking for when trying to shop for my spinel. BTW, szh07, the two other lavender spinels are just going to remain part of my loose gemstone collection. I don't know what I'm doing with the pink yet, it's not on my high priority of things to set.

Sorry, if I keep calling one lilac or lavender or violet, I don't know the difference between the names of the colors. Someone please correct me if I'm using the wrong color names.

Harry Winston Incredible Lavender Spinel Ring set with Diamonds and Tsavorites
Pear-shaped lavendar spinel, 5.18 carats; 14 marquise tsavorites, 2.05 total carts; 14 pear-shaped diamonds, 2.11 total carats; 18k yellow gold and platinum settings.

HWlavenderspinel.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I love the colour combination on that Harry Winston ring .

I thought this .93 Cobalt Blue Spinel on Richard Wise''s site looked very nice.

1648.1.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I really love the bright pink spinels. They are my stone of choice for a hot pink stone. I love the fact that they have a high RI, and have lots of sparkle

Here is mine favorite spinel. A little burmese pink. I would like to get a bigger one!

IMG_bspinel1221.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
TL that HW spinel is breathtaking! I love your lavenders, and your lilac round in the LOGR as well. It seems like the few spinels you have are lavenders/lilacs...any reason why? Or did it just happen that way?

Ltl, that''s a very pretty pink! If you come back to this thread, any chance you can tell me what you thought of Barry''s ruby that you had earlier this year?

Klewis, I never knew what ''cobalt'' blue meant...thanks for posting that pic! Now I get why its a ''collector''s color''. Very pretty!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany is now on the spinel bandwagon!

Ring with a 1.07-carat Legacy-cut spinel and round brilliant diamonds in platinum carat total weight .31. This one is $9550!

Lori

TIFFANYLEGACYSPINEL.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
My unmounted spinel

Lavender spinel from Gem Trader
SSCN7359.JPG

SSCN7361.JPG

xSSCN7355.JPG

3 stones from ACS
SSCN7077.JPG

SSCN7080.JPG

SSCN4315.JPG

Plum Spinel from Dan...still unset
SSCN1922.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 6:36:36 PM
TL that HW spinel is breathtaking! I love your lavenders, and your lilac round in the LOGR as well. It seems like the few spinels you have are lavenders/lilacs...any reason why? Or did it just happen that way?
Thank you szh07. Well, I really don't like blue spinels because I think most of them are too dark (extinct) and/or grey. I know some people like grey spinels, but it's not my cup of tea. Just a personal preference I guess, nothing wrong with grey spinels. I have the one little hot pink/orange, and I gravitate toward the violets because I just like that color. I'm currently awaiting a pink spinel (I know, I thought I was done shopping this year, but I've been eyeing one and I had to get it after getting the violet one from the same vendor). I am not into the Mahenge's because I have some tourmalines that look very similar, but I should probably get one someday before they're prohibitively expensive.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....I''m loving all of these spinels....AWESOME photos!!!!
30.gif

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another cushion lavender spinel I own that is a nicer color IMO than the one currently in this LOGR, but it's more included. I haven't done anything with it either.
emembarrassed.gif
It's a shame I have all these loose spinels sitting in a gem box!!

Mochi, great awesome photos - as always!!

TLLOGRlilac.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
alright- that's it! I have got to get me one of those
31.gif

oh wait- I should probably get my sapph set first- but the spinels are just so darn pretty
11.gif

keep posting pictures ladies! I'm loving all of these
30.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are the little ovals I got from Dana as gift stones when I got my lavender. The picture on his site had these as more purplish, but all my pictures were more bluish. No matter, they''re so cute and pretty!

100_130611.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
And the lavender that took me from May to September to find! I call it lavender, but it is a pink/blue/lavender, so I don''t really know what to call it..it''s the exact color of hosta blooms is all I know! Currently w/Sally and should be getting sketches hopefully SOON!

spinel 100_12841.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2009 6:36:36 PM

Ltl, that's a very pretty pink! If you come back to this thread, any chance you can tell me what you thought of Barry's ruby that you had earlier this year?

Klewis, I never knew what 'cobalt' blue meant...thanks for posting that pic! Now I get why its a 'collector's color'. Very pretty!

Berry's ruby was a red stone with a purple secondary hue. It was on the dark side, but had lots of sparkle. It really did not have any windows or areas of extinction, probably about 80% brilliance. It would need an opened prong setting to really let as much light in as possible. I did not want to have to put the time into finding that type of setting (although thinking about it, a baby lotus might of been the perfect choice). Plus I like pink better, so when the pink spinel came up, I decided to exchange the stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results