shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of testing for Covid 19...Have you been tested?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire thanks, he feels fine but temp is now hovering close to 100 ☹️

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls...Thank you for all the well wishes. Chris has been stable at 97. I called him a little while ago. It was 95. That’s still normal. He’s still exhausted...Chris said he was up all night...He was sleeping most of the days and nights a few days ago. The fact that he was able to stay up is a good sign to me. I‘m trying to find silver linings..sigh..
@whitewave I’m hoping your are doing okay. Did you take a baseline oximeter reading? That little gadget let us know how he was doing. I’m so glad I bought one..

Yes, my pulse ox has been 97-99% so I’m good there. Thanks.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am now in the worried camp, son woke up with a slight temp, stomachache, jaw pain and slightly dizzy, called doctor only talked to the nurse, he is suppose to call us...she said she wasn't concerned with his symptoms, not sure whats up with the jaw pain, I have been monitoring his temp all day, its been normal, but was up to 98.8 little bit ago, he doesn't seem to have much appetite though, dizziness is gone, jaw pain is a little better, I had him put on a mask and he has been wearing it all day, he feels fine, so hopefully its nothing, he is 23 years old but he has asthma other than that he is pretty healthy, praying its nothing I know mamma isnt going to get much sleep tonight

Strange because I had jaw pain for 2 days. I tested today, so no results yet. I thought I was grinding my teeth, but now it’s weird that your son mentioned it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@diamondringlover I hope your son has something else going on. Jaw pain doesn’t seem to be a symptom of Covid. Maybe he has a bad tooth or gum problem that affected his jaw. Did the doctor call you yet?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strange because I had jaw pain for 2 days. I tested today, so no results yet. I thought I was grinding my teeth, but now it’s weird that your son mentioned it.

wow now I am scared!!! and hope you are feeling better! and @MamaBee we called yesterday morning when he woke up with the fever spoke to the nurse she said he didnt really have the classic symptoms and she would pass it on to the doctor, they were suppose to call back last night or this morning, we didnt hear from him last night.his last temp check was at midnight and he was back down to 98.3, I will be checking him again this morning and calling the doctor again this morning if he doesnt call me! thanks everyone

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls...Thank you for all the well wishes. Chris has been stable at 97. I called him a little while ago. It was 95. That’s still normal. He’s still exhausted...Chris said he was up all night...He was sleeping most of the days and nights a few days ago. The fact that he was able to stay up is a good sign to me. I‘m trying to find silver linings..sigh..
@whitewave I’m hoping your are doing okay. Did you take a baseline oximeter reading? That little gadget let us know how he was doing. I’m so glad I bought one..

@MamaBee, so glad Chris's levels are normal. It sounds like the fatiigue is lessening a little. Overall he's heading in the right direction and I hope he feels much better soon. Take care and try to get some rest when you can. You have to take care of yourself too. <3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, so glad Chris's levels are normal. It sounds like the fatiigue is lessening a little. Overall he's heading in the right direction and I hope he feels much better soon. Take care and try to get some rest when you can. You have to take care of yourself too. <3

Thank you @junebug17 His exhaustion is so deep. As long as his oxygen number is good I feel calmer. It’s been a very scary time.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondringlover, sending healing vibes to your son, I hope he's better soon. I know how worrisome this must be for you, hang in there. XX

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, It’s great news that Chris is doing better. I hope you are able to relax a little and have been able to get some rest. This has been a lot to deal with. I’m sorry Mamabee. I hope David, your husband and your mom are also doing well.

@diamondringlover , Sending get well dust to your son. I hope he is feeling better and is on the road to recovery

@whitewave, I hope you are feeling better.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got to change my answer my son was tested today 4-5 days before we get the results, he have no symptoms, had a fever on Monday, no fever on Tuesday he as 100 degrees when our doctors sent him to the urgent care center to be tested, praying he is fine...his only symptom other than the fever (it was normal a few mins ago when I checked it again) is he still has a the jaw pain but its not as bad

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got to change my answer my son was tested today 4-5 days before we get the results, he have no symptoms, had a fever on Monday, no fever on Tuesday he as 100 degrees when our doctors sent him to the urgent care center to be tested, praying he is fine...his only symptom other than the fever (it was normal a few mins ago when I checked it again) is he still has a the jaw pain but its not as bad

I hope he’s negative @diamondringlover..

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee thank and I am glad your son is feeling better...sure is a hopeless feeling you just sit and wait :(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee thank and I am glad your son is feeling better...sure is a hopeless feeling you just sit and wait :(

Thank you @diamondringlover To be honest I’m just exhausted worrying. I still check on him a lot...Now he just texts me sometimes with his numbers. He’s feeling better because he’s getting tired of me calling. He hasn’t said it...He just shoots me a text and tells me he’ll call me later..
I’m praying your son is negative...When do you expect it to come back?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee kids just don’t understand our worry! lol Urgent care said it would be 4-5 days, so far he is ok no temp but he is tired, I am not totally convinced it’s COVID but we are still self quarantining and he is wearing a mask at home and I am wiping everything multiple times a day

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee kids just don’t understand our worry! lol Urgent care said it would be 4-5 days, so far he is ok no temp but he is tired, I am not totally convinced it’s COVID but we are still self quarantining and he is wearing a mask at home and I am wiping everything multiple times a day

That’s good he’s wearing a mask in the
house @diamondringlover That must be hard for him. My son is an adult...He knows I’m a worrier..so he tried to give me as much information to make me comfortable. I’m hoping your son is okay..

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m negative with the self swab!! I’ve been sprung from quarantine, but I have learned a lesson and won’t go in someone’s house without a mask!!

My friend’s son was doing so well, he had physical therapy and it looked like he was turning a corner, and then he had a lung bleed, emergency surgery and is back to critically ill, one hour at a time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has any PSer tested positive ?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tested in May prior to a surgery - negative. Went on a girls trip to the beach and started feeling like I was getting a cold the night we got back. Actually, I wasn’t sure if I was really getting sick, or if this was just the standard 41 yo hangover... :lol:

Needless to say, I couldn’t find a shirt that said, “I went to PCB, and all I got was the ‘Rona” - positive. I had muscle aches and annoying headache, strange tastes/smells, but no temp. It felt like a mild flu with a sinus infection for about 2 days, then just fatigued with mild headache for a few more days. The only lingering symptom was being easily fatigued - lasted about 2 weeks. My husband had all the same symptoms 3 days after I did, but was never tested. We just assumed he had it.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here in Australia I had a test. They stuck the nose swab thing so far up my nose I’m surprised my brain wasn’t poked! Made me gag. Rather unpleasant feeling moreso than painful.
It was just a precaution, my daughter played a soccer match and a girl on the other teams father had been somewhere where there was a confirmed case. So everyone and their famIly got tested. All negative, including the dad who had been at the restaurant or wherever it was.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had our annual physicals last week and our internist requested that we get tested for Covid antibodies. At first I said no but he convinced me. I knew I would be negative and so I am and so is Greg. No surprise there. My first Covid antibody test.

They stuck the nose swab thing so far up my nose I’m surprised my brain wasn’t poked! Made me gag. Rather unpleasant feeling moreso than painful.

Greg was tested with the nasal swab Covid 19 test before his surgery in June. He said it was quite unpleasant. He had the same test you did. The swab went very far up his nose.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Tested in May prior to a surgery - negative. Went on a girls trip to the beach and started feeling like I was getting a cold the night we got back. Actually, I wasn’t sure if I was really getting sick, or if this was just the standard 41 yo hangover... :lol:

Needless to say, I couldn’t find a shirt that said, “I went to PCB, and all I got was the ‘Rona” - positive. I had muscle aches and annoying headache, strange tastes/smells, but no temp. It felt like a mild flu with a sinus infection for about 2 days, then just fatigued with mild headache for a few more days. The only lingering symptom was being easily fatigued - lasted about 2 weeks. My husband had all the same symptoms 3 days after I did, but was never tested. We just assumed he had it.

I'm so glad you had the "blink and you missed it" version!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Negative for COVID-19. I'm also CMV negative which is pretty rare.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you had the "blink and you missed it" version!

Thanks, I am as well... That said, of all the positive tests the company I work for has collected, 85-90% were asymptomatic.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I am as well... That said, of all the positive tests the company I work for has collected, 85-90% were asymptomatic.

I'm glad it was a non-event for you. Glad so many are asymptomatic.

What a strange illness this is. I have a friend who has an older parent in absolute dire circumstance (in ICU) within 24 hours of feeling ill.

My sister, a paramedic, has a partner that is out for COVID. They share a vehicle on alternate shifts. Sister just broke out with shingles. She started reading about shingles and apparently that can be a manifestation of asymptomatic COVID. She is going to get COVID tested this afternoon to rule it out.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad it was a non-event for you. Glad so many are asymptomatic.

What a strange illness this is. I have a friend who has an older parent in absolute dire circumstance (in ICU) within 24 hours of feeling ill.

My sister, a paramedic, has a partner that is out for COVID. They share a vehicle on alternate shifts. Sister just broke out with shingles. She started reading about shingles and apparently that can be a manifestation of asymptomatic COVID. She is going to get COVID tested this afternoon to rule it out.

It is strange, indeed... shingles can be super painful as well. Prayers that your friend's parent and sister's partner recover soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results