shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of testing for Covid 19...Have you been tested?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I want to thank you all individually but because my brain is scrambled I don’t want to forget anyone. I have good news this morning. His oximeter reading this morning has been 96-97! He has a normal temp...He says he feels worse today..so tired. I’m happy those numbers are up so I told him to rest. I’m going to tell him to stretch his legs by walking around his apartment...and pump his feet like you do on long flights to keep clots at bay. He sleeps so much...I’m very encouraged by those numbers. I think the numbers were correct on the oximeter which is scary. He has a girlfriend who’s an ER nurse. She told him readings in the 80’s are bad but not super bad from what she sees of people that come in. I wish she didn’t tell him that...I hope his number stays up when he gets up from his nap.

Oh thank goodness his numbers are on the way back up. I wanted to ask (again) but didn't want to bother you (again) with your hands so full. Maybe you can take a very restful nap yourself! Hopefully he is through the thick of it and will be able to keep improving.

My "little boy" is a 6'.5" man and I would have lost my everlovin mind.
Continued prayers!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee SO happy to hear he's doing better, that's fantastic news!

Remind him that it's essential to take it easy and not overdo things. The last thing he wants is to bring on a relapse.

Please also keep in mind that in my experience, this illness can have a real up and down trajectory, so if he goes backwards a bit, it's still ok.

Big hugs to you guys

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, so glad to read Chris's levels are better, that's great news! He's heading in the right direction and hopefully he'll be feeling better very soon. Thanks for letting us know, I know you are under a great deal of stress right now. <3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are the best. I won’t relax until he can have some energy and stay awake. His last reading was 95..I’m very hopeful..Love to you all..❤️

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright! He’s trending in the right direction! It can be a long road to recovery, but it sounds like he’s doing better! Yay! :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He’s still at 95! He sleeping all day. He can’t stay awake. We’re concerned about that but I know he’s oxygenated so that’s a relief. I told him to call the doctor on Monday. What do you guys think? He just can’t stay awake. We think that since he was deprived of oxygen his body is trying to repair itself.
I’m so sorry to hijack this thread. :silenced:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
He’s still at 95! He sleeping all day. He can’t stay awake. We’re concerned about that but I know he’s oxygenated so that’s a relief. I told him to call the doctor on Monday. What do you guys think? He just can’t stay awake. We think that since he was deprived of oxygen his body is trying to repair itself.
I’m so sorry to hijack this thread. :silenced:

It's great his oxygen is back to normal. The extreme fatigue is tough. Did they prescribe anything for him?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's great his oxygen is back to normal. The extreme fatigue is tough. Did they prescribe anything for him?

No..His instructions were to go to the emergency room if he became short of breath...:evil2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Extreme fatigue seems likely. He needs to keep well hydrated which can be hard to do if he’s sleeping all the time. Is he drinking enough and getting electrolytes?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Extreme fatigue seems likely. He needs to keep well hydrated which can be hard to do if he’s sleeping all the time. Is he drinking enough and getting electrolytes?

Good point @Bonfire I’ll make him drink something when I talk to him every two hours. He’s drinking vitamin water which has a smidge of electrolytes. I keep reminding him to eat and drink. I am really nagging him. He’s too weak to argue..

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He can also add a pinch of salt to his water to help with hydration, lemon too.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @jaaron He said he’s fine except for sleeping so much. I told him he’s probably sleeping so much because he needs supplemental oxygen. He refuses to go. I’m a wreck. He texts and calls me constantly because I know he’s afraid..but he still won’t go. It’s frustrating..

He could go to an urgent care most likely.

He needs oxygen. I know you understand that. Someone has to go get him and bring him somewhere.

I hardly have any symptoms and I don’t feel like bringing myself to go get tested. DH is at the other house. I made him leave.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke up a little bit ago. So far, I’m not worse. No fever, mild nasal congestion and that’s it. I registered to go get tested tomorrow for free with a 4 day turn around. We are doing surge testing, so they are making a big push for people to get tested.

Prayers for you too whitewave. Sounds like you are doing well, thank goodness!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I woke up a little bit ago. So far, I’m not worse. No fever, mild nasal congestion and that’s it. I registered to go get tested tomorrow for free with a 4 day turn around. We are doing surge testing, so they are making a big push for people to get tested.

That’s good that you’re getting tested @whitewave. Fingers and toes you stay okay..

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been tested, it was mandated by the governor in Ohio for long term care employees and I’m a nurse in a nursing home. All employees tested were negative.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls...Thank you for all the well wishes. Chris has been stable at 97. I called him a little while ago. It was 95. That’s still normal. He’s still exhausted...Chris said he was up all night...He was sleeping most of the days and nights a few days ago. The fact that he was able to stay up is a good sign to me. I‘m trying to find silver linings..sigh..
@whitewave I’m hoping your are doing okay. Did you take a baseline oximeter reading? That little gadget let us know how he was doing. I’m so glad I bought one..

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am now in the worried camp, son woke up with a slight temp, stomachache, jaw pain and slightly dizzy, called doctor only talked to the nurse, he is suppose to call us...she said she wasn't concerned with his symptoms, not sure whats up with the jaw pain, I have been monitoring his temp all day, its been normal, but was up to 98.8 little bit ago, he doesn't seem to have much appetite though, dizziness is gone, jaw pain is a little better, I had him put on a mask and he has been wearing it all day, he feels fine, so hopefully its nothing, he is 23 years old but he has asthma other than that he is pretty healthy, praying its nothing I know mamma isnt going to get much sleep tonight

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results