shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking about safety and the Internet...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 6:26:47 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 11/18/2008 10:36:36 PM
Author: beau13

Date: 11/18/2008 10:17:49 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I have a myspace profile that I began with the intent of using to keep in touch with friends out of state, but is now used to promote my photography. I honestly think that cowering behind the computer, being afraid of stalkers, is a lot more stupid and pointless than carrying my keys point-out between my fingers while walking through the parking garage to my car.

If your paranoid, it will happen. If you let yourself live, it is less likely, because you will draw less attention by those that are looking for the weak.
I agree! I use Facebook as a tool to promote my business. I also have a group on facebook for my business, where my name and location is displayed. Not too worried about having my real name, or pic(s) posted, potentially attracting ''stalkers'' or creepers... then again, my bodyguard is a pretty big guy!! (which subconciously , makes me feel safe!)
31.gif
I am curious to know why you would need a bodyguard Beau?
You have such an inquisitive mind Maisie. I am told I have quite the sense of humour (my friends love it). It was a joke..I was referring to my husband. He''s 6 feet tall..a whole lot of muscle..built like a football player. People always joke about it...nothing gets past him, so I''m not too worried about "weirdo''s"...he''s well known, and in my small community people know "of us" as a couple. They know they''d be dealing with him, if they wanted to get to me!! (not that anyone wants to harm me in anyway) So..Maisie..to answer your question, I don''t NEED a bodyguard, but being married to one is a bonus!!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I have both, I also have one for friends of people I work with and another page strictly for my real friends. The one I have for work ppl I also know FFI''s ex wife stalks everyday. Plus you can add a myspace tracker to you page and monitor who is looking at your profile.

Just a thought.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 9:51:28 PM

I have a myspace profile that I began with the intent of using to keep in touch with friends out of state, but is now used to promote my photography. I honestly think that cowering behind the computer, being afraid of stalkers, is a lot more stupid and pointless than carrying my keys point-out between my fingers while walking through the parking garage to my car.

If your paranoid, it will happen. If you let yourself live, it is less likely, because you will draw less attention by those that are looking for the weak.
I agree! I use Facebook as a tool to promote my business. I also have a group on facebook for my business, where my name and location is displayed. Not too worried about having my real name, or pic(s) posted, potentially attracting ''stalkers'' or creepers... then again, my bodyguard is a pretty big guy!! (which subconciously , makes me feel safe!)
31.gif
You have such an inquisitive mind Maisie. I am told I have quite the sense of humour (my friends love it). It was a joke..I was referring to my husband. He''s 6 feet tall..a whole lot of muscle..built like a football player. People always joke about it...nothing gets past him, so I''m not too worried about ''weirdo''s''...he''s well known, and in my small community people know ''of us'' as a couple. They know they''d be dealing with him, if they wanted to get to me!! (not that anyone wants to harm me in anyway) So..Maisie..to answer your question, I don''t NEED a bodyguard, but being married to one is a bonus!!
Aww I am disappointed. I thought we might have a celebrity in our midst!
9.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 5:31:57 AM

I agree! I use Facebook as a tool to promote my business. I also have a group on facebook for my business, where my name and location is displayed. Not too worried about having my real name, or pic(s) posted, potentially attracting 'stalkers' or creepers... then again, my bodyguard is a pretty big guy!! (which subconciously , makes me feel safe!)
31.gif
You have such an inquisitive mind Maisie. I am told I have quite the sense of humour (my friends love it). It was a joke..I was referring to my husband. He's 6 feet tall..a whole lot of muscle..built like a football player. People always joke about it...nothing gets past him, so I'm not too worried about 'weirdo's'...he's well known, and in my small community people know 'of us' as a couple. They know they'd be dealing with him, if they wanted to get to me!! (not that anyone wants to harm me in anyway) So..Maisie..to answer your question, I don't NEED a bodyguard, but being married to one is a bonus!!
9.gif
Well..in my community some would call me that!
31.gif

It's tough going out and being "recognized"..but it is flattering and fun!!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
beau, i have been wondering about your avitar. i have not asked as i feel i may be behind the times and that it is something i should know but curosity took over. can you tell me about it?

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 11:13:24 AM
Author: crown1
beau, i have been wondering about your avitar. i have not asked as i feel i may be behind the times and that it is something i should know but curosity took over. can you tell me about it?
I tend to bore easily, I like change, I change my avatars quite frequently. For the most part they mean nothing..I just use whatever pic is small enough to use as an avatar.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 11:41:55 AM

I tend to bore easily, I like change, I change my avatars quite frequently. For the most part they mean nothing..I just use whatever pic is small enough to use as an avatar.
I was wondering what that face was. hehe He looked old but yet like a baby; I didn't know if he was from some movie or something.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Key Skippy..good to hear from you!
That "funny face" I had in my avatar (well..there's a funny face in my new one to..lol), was something my son found on the internet. I don't know what is is supposed to be, but it makes me laugh everytime I see it!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 11:48:28 AM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/20/2008 11:41:55 AM

I was wondering what that face was. hehe He looked old but yet like a baby; I didn''t know if he was from some movie or something.
hi skippy! i am glad i was not the only one. i thought it was probably something everybody but me knew. mystery solved.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 9:02:06 AM

Date: 11/20/2008 5:31:57 AM

31.gif
You have such an inquisitive mind Maisie. I am told I have quite the sense of humour (my friends love it). It was a joke..I was referring to my husband. He''s 6 feet tall..a whole lot of muscle..built like a football player. People always joke about it...nothing gets past him, so I''m not too worried about ''weirdo''s''...he''s well known, and in my small community people know ''of us'' as a couple. They know they''d be dealing with him, if they wanted to get to me!! (not that anyone wants to harm me in anyway) So..Maisie..to answer your question, I don''t NEED a bodyguard, but being married to one is a bonus!!
9.gif
Well..in my community some would call me that!
31.gif

It''s tough going out and being ''recognized''..but it is flattering and fun!!
Well being a local celebrity is still cool
1.gif

spike13

Shiny_Rock
Most sites are archived on the way back machine, so if someone really wants to see what you posted a few years ago, they could probably find it be checking here even if you take it down:
http://www.archive.org/index.php

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results