shape
carat
color
clarity

South Bay PS''ers: New Trader Joe''s is open!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I''m so happy, the new trader joe''s is open on Coleman in SJ!
36.gif

Mara - have you been yet? I just got back, it was pretty busy as it just opened yesterday.

I bought Fage too, I''ve heard all of the talk on here about it so I thought I''d give it a try. I really wanted to buy one of their potted orchids but I wanted to check online first and see if those are ok to have around cats. We adopted 2 kittens and they get into everthing.
20.gif

Mara- we should totally get together soon. I think I can make the next bay area gtg if it''s still on. We were going to have friends in town but they changed it to a different weekend in August.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool news. Make sure you put splenda or honey in it or else it is tart IMO. I love TJ''s; glad you have one close to you!!!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Skippy, Yeah I remember people saying it was tart. I will def. put something in it. I think I''ll try honey first! I can''t wait. I think I''ll have it tomorrow morning for b''fast.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you got a new TJ''s AG. I love honey and a small dollup of strawberry preserves in my fage. So yummy.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe that may have been the one I walked in to when it was under construction. I was in town and thought I''d get a little something for Mara since she was generously having me over for dinner. Imagine my surprise when I walked into to buy some Fage and other goodies only to see big burly construction dudes!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Kaleigh the stawberry preserves sounds really good! I''ll try that for sure.

Hey TG, yep that''s the one. How funny is that? hehe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What else did you buy? They have yummy Garlic Naan and I love their light mozzerella sticks.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll have to get those light moz. sticks - my FI loves those things

I got tomato and basil hummus, frozen veggie dumplings, a pre- made polenta lasanga - that should be interesting, and a pre-made salad w/ mixed greens, cranberries, candied walnuts, blue cheese and raspberry vinigrette. I
30.gif
that salad! Salads like that are so great - it was like 3.99 and I can get 3 side salads out of the 1 item.

My fi is out of town all week
8.gif
so I got some premade meals so I don''t have to cook
1.gif

And I checked online and orchids aren''t poisonous to kitties so I''m going back tomorrow and picking up a planted orchid
1.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy, what''s naan?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indian bread but the garlic one''s are yummy. Also, try the Gnocchi Marinara in the frozen section. I love the ready meals like the lasagna, yum
18.gif

I am so happy for you to try all the yummy stuff they have!!! whooo hoooo
2.gif
3.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 8:37:19 PM
Author:asscher_girl
Hi all! I'm so happy, the new trader joe's is open on Coleman in SJ!
36.gif

Mara - have you been yet? I just got back, it was pretty busy as it just opened yesterday.

I bought Fage too, I've heard all of the talk on here about it so I thought I'd give it a try. I really wanted to buy one of their potted orchids but I wanted to check online first and see if those are ok to have around cats. We adopted 2 kittens and they get into everthing.
20.gif

Mara- we should totally get together soon. I think I can make the next bay area gtg if it's still on. We were going to have friends in town but they changed it to a different weekend in August.

Just wondering.. I can't find the post.. when and where and is there a Bay area GTG in July? I would LOVE to attend!

a

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I live nowhere near the Bay Area. But can I hijack this thread with my new TJ''s faves?

Cilantro Peanut noodle bowl (or something). It''s $2.99, 400 cals, cold noodles with a little container of chopped peanuts and a little container of cilanto dressing. I wish I could buy that dressing it''s so yummy! I put some thawed cooked shrimp in, and it''s a really easy, cool and light summer supper.

Lime popsicles. They taste like a margarita (okay, a virgin margarita). 60 cals each and good sized. No icky splenda. Who needs ice cream when you can have a margarita-pop?

Insulated bags. $1.99 each, still packed expertly by TJs packers who never crush your hamburger buns or eggs but still manage to get everything in one bag. And keeps your food cold while you drive home, even if the air conditioning in your car happens to be broken
1.gif
And you get to enter some sort of drawing for bringing your own bag.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 11:36:31 PM
Author: angeline

Just wondering.. I can''t find the post.. when and where and is there a Bay area GTG in July? I would LOVE to attend!

a
asscher_girl, as far as I know the GTG is still on. Glad to hear you''ll be able to make it!

angeline, here''s the thread: SF GTG July 21st?.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 11:59:53 PM
Author: basil
I live nowhere near the Bay Area. But can I hijack this thread with my new TJ''s faves?

Cilantro Peanut noodle bowl (or something). It''s $2.99, 400 cals, cold noodles with a little container of chopped peanuts and a little container of cilanto dressing. I wish I could buy that dressing it''s so yummy! I put some thawed cooked shrimp in, and it''s a really easy, cool and light summer supper.

Lime popsicles. They taste like a margarita (okay, a virgin margarita). 60 cals each and good sized. No icky splenda. Who needs ice cream when you can have a margarita-pop?

Insulated bags. $1.99 each, still packed expertly by TJs packers who never crush your hamburger buns or eggs but still manage to get everything in one bag. And keeps your food cold while you drive home, even if the air conditioning in your car happens to be broken
1.gif
And you get to enter some sort of drawing for bringing your own bag.
Yay for having a TJ''s close by!

basil, TG started a Trader Joe Favs thread a little while ago that you may want to check out. I''m always on the lookout for great things to buy at TJ''s so thanks for sharing your favorites.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 1:52:05 AM
Author: snlee

Date: 6/30/2007 11:36:31 PM
Author: angeline

Just wondering.. I can''t find the post.. when and where and is there a Bay area GTG in July? I would LOVE to attend!

a
asscher_girl, as far as I know the GTG is still on. Glad to hear you''ll be able to make it!

angeline, here''s the thread: SF GTG July 21st?.
Definately still on!
TJs:
I didn''t like the buffalo burgers they weren''t round and tasted... eh.
Love their Peony''s.
Their sliced whole wheat bread ROCKS.
Can cat food fly''s with mine and it''s super affordable.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo... basil, a margarita popsicle sounds really good
1.gif

Yep Snlee, I think I''ll be there
1.gif
I can''t wait to meet everyone and explore SF too. I''m new to the area so haven''t done much in SF yet, except for work stuff.

Hey Gypsy, yep I love their flowers. I''m going back today to get some. You can''t beat their prices. Do you buy dry food for the cats their too?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscherg....so funny you posted about this! i was at TJ''s in campbell yesterday and the guy told me that the san jose one was MOBBED on friday night, like lines of 12 people deep. i remember thinking ''who does their shopping at 9pm on a friday night?!'' hehee. but they said it was insane. the campbell one was so not crowded! so i will have to get over to the SJ one very soon since it''s literally like 2 minutes from us. i was at target yesterday and saw the TJ''s with all the fruit outside. i LOVE TJ''s so i am jazzed about going to one so close.

ag we should totally meet up some night with our SO''s and have dinner in SJ somewhere! as for the SF gtg...not sure if i will make it as i am up in SF the saturday before meeting up with some friends at union square, so doubt i''ll want to do it two weekends in a row...but we''ll see how the schedules work out.

i also just got my hair done yesterday with karen! hehee. how is it going, are you still liking it here?

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so exicited that it is so close too! I love it, I think I''m going to run by today and buy some fresh flowers.

I got my hair done by Karen like 2 weekends ago and she did an awesome job! I love it. My hair is getting so long, I think I need a trim next time I go. I can wait longer on trims than I can on hi-lights.

Well I hope you decide to go to the GTG but if not, we can get together some other time. I''d love to check out some more restaurants around here.

Things are going good here. My job is finally starting to pick up - sales were slow at first. My FI is really liking his new role too. We are really enjoying ourselves. Hopefully we will do some more exploring soon. We need to get up to Napa at some point. We are also starting to think about a late summer vacation. We typically always went to the Caribbean for extending weekend trips when we were on the east coast - such a short flight. So from here we are thinking Mexico? Maybe Cabo or something.

And wedding planning is coming along really great. My bm''s went and tried on dresses yesterday in Boston (I wasn''t there) but they loved the dresses. And one bm is also getting married (next Aug) so she brought her bm''s too and they picked out dresses for her wedding as well, so that was pretty cool.

We are having some friends visit us in early Aug from the east coast, so I can''t wait to do some more sight seeing then.

Oh, have you been to Vintage in Santana Row? We were there last night, it was pretty cool. Its a wine tasting place, they don''t have food (except cheese plates) but the wine was pretty good. The only thing that was kinda weird was that it was so bright in there. Their lighting was pretty bad.

Yes, lets gtg soon. Maybe mid or late July.

One other thing, I was just about to call La Monique, do you know if they are open on Sunday''s?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha AG we were actually at Straits last nite at Santana and then went to V-Bar afterwards, wonder if we walked by each other?

La Monique is open 7 days a week, I was just there on Friday for a pedicure!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
That is too funny. After we left Vintage we walked by V-bar and thought of going in but the line was pretty long. So we went to Blowfish for a minute. small world, lol.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2007 12:38:24 PM
Author: asscher_girl
Ooooo... basil, a margarita popsicle sounds really good
1.gif

Yep Snlee, I think I''ll be there
1.gif
I can''t wait to meet everyone and explore SF too. I''m new to the area so haven''t done much in SF yet, except for work stuff.

Hey Gypsy, yep I love their flowers. I''m going back today to get some. You can''t beat their prices. Do you buy dry food for the cats their too?

No Just Innova dry for mine. I get the TJ''s (only comes in three flavors) just to mix it up with their other wet food for variety. But they eat it, and like it and it''s really affordable.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi asscher girl & mara...sorry to threadjack, but all of the other threads were already closed that pertained to your weddings in Hawaii, but I've been told that you are the two to come to...I hope you don't mind!

Sooo, I hope you are both actually reading this! I posted in the Bride and Groom section but didn't get much of a response...I was hoping you both might be able to help me with some Maui wedding plans. Asscher girl, I see you are also having a larger party for your Maui wedding...we are thinking we may actually have anywhere from 30-50 people, and I am curious to know who you went through, where you are having it, how you let people know you were planning a destination wedding, etc...

Any and all help or advice from either of you ladies (or anyone else reading this!) would be so very much appreciated! Thank you so much in advance if you have any ideas or suggestions, recommendations, etc... We will be unable to go to Hawaii before the actual wedding next July, so I really have to go by word of mouth and other people's experiences.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

P.S. I live outside of Sacramento in Roseville, so howdy neighbors!
35.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Harleigh,

I''ll go post over in the other BWW thread you started.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results