shape
carat
color
clarity

Sounds or textures you hate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 2:13:44 PM
Author: Linda W

I never had grits... but..... I love oatmeal and cream of wheat.. pass the brown sugar please, but just a tad.
9.gif
And if you''re feeling really frisky, a teeny bit of butter and some raisons too.
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 2:17:12 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 8/20/2008 2:13:44 PM

I never had grits... but..... I love oatmeal and cream of wheat.. pass the brown sugar please, but just a tad.

9.gif
And if you''re feeling really frisky, a teeny bit of butter and some raisons too.
18.gif

Yummmmmmy Ellen, that is how my mom and grandma made it, really creamy
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate the sound of squishing CRUNCH BUGS
14.gif
14.gif
ewwwwww
32.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 2:21:02 PM

Yummmmmmy Ellen, that is how my mom and grandma made it, really creamy
9.gif
Mine too.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 2:23:05 PM
Author: Skippy123
I hate squishing CRUNCH BUGS
14.gif
14.gif
ewwwwww
32.gif
Yeah, that''s gross.

Reminds me, though a bit OT. My sister was running through our basement one day with really thin sandals on. Ran right over a dead mouse. Talk about "crunchy". I found it hilarious. And the more she freaked out, the funnier it got.
lol.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 2:26:11 PM

14.gif
14.gif
ewwwwww
32.gif
Yeah, that''s gross.

Reminds me, though a bit OT. My sister was running through our basement one day with really thin sandals on. Ran right over a dead mouse. Talk about ''crunchy''. I found it hilarious. And the more she freaked out, the funnier it got.
lol.gif
Ewwww yukkk!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 2:28:07 PM
Author: Maisie

14.gif
14.gif
ewwwwww
32.gif
Yeah, that''s gross.

Reminds me, though a bit OT. My sister was running through our basement one day with really thin sandals on. Ran right over a dead mouse. Talk about ''crunchy''. I found it hilarious. And the more she freaked out, the funnier it got.
lol.gif
Ewwww yukkk!!!!!
Gross Ellen
emotion-41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 2:28:07 PM
Author: Maisie

14.gif
14.gif
ewwwwww
32.gif
Yeah, that''s gross.

lol.gif
Ewwww yukkk!!!!!
Yeah, and it couldn''t have happened to a better person.
9.gif
11.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Skipppy, I hate the sounds of stepping on a snail. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 2:38:47 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Skipppy, I hate the sounds of stepping on a snail. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Linda
ewww
32.gif
Ellen
11.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I hate hate hate the cotton in the top of some vitamin jars eeeeeeeek "honey come open this for me please".

Raw meat texture- I''m vegetarian so I don''t eat it but when I prepare it for others I am not a fan of the texture. I hate trimming the gross parts off meat and and fight my natural tendency to trim a bit too much cause it all seems gross to me.

Not sure why- but I don''t like eating figs because of their texture go figure.
1.gif

My dislike annoys me cause figs are neat in theory and I want to like them but they are yucky to me.

Oh and I hate the feel of writing with chalk. I wish I could wear gloves when I have to do so but that would make people laugh a lot. I much prefer white boards.

Mrs.2Artists

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
crunchy sounds like bug squishing is NASTY.

Hubby says, Oh that was a juicy one" as he crushes it! Gross visuals of bug guts!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 3:21:11 PM
Author: diamondfan
crunchy sounds like bug squishing is NASTY.

Hubby says, Oh that was a juicy one'' as he crushes it! Gross visuals of bug guts!!!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Caroline, I am gagging. That is something my hubby would say and do. Ick

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 1:55:44 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Date: 8/20/2008 1:49:31 PM

Date: 8/20/2008 1:47:19 PM

OK, sometimes, after we finish eating, DH has a little bit of food stuck in his teeth. So he SUCKS HIS TEETH to get it out! UGH! I hatehatehate that sound!!!
32.gif
29.gif
40.gif

OMG IG, you have me cracking up with this one.
Oh, Linda, you have NO IDEA!!! And he KNOWS this irks me, so he''ll try to be all quiet and sneaky about it, but I always hear him anyway, and then I have to give him ''The Look'':
emdgust.gif

Sometimes he just does it on purpose to get on my nerves! LOL!
25.gif

OMG!
I knew a guy who sucked the spit from his food DURING eating. He would take a bite and chew, then you''d hear him suck and swallow, and continue to chew. *I think I just vomited in my mouth a little*

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2008 4:01:45 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Date: 8/20/2008 1:55:44 PM

Date: 8/20/2008 1:49:31 PM

Date: 8/20/2008 1:47:19 PM

OK, sometimes, after we finish eating, DH has a little bit of food stuck in his teeth. So he SUCKS HIS TEETH to get it out! UGH! I hatehatehate that sound!!!
32.gif
29.gif
40.gif

OMG IG, you have me cracking up with this one.
Oh, Linda, you have NO IDEA!!! And he KNOWS this irks me, so he''ll try to be all quiet and sneaky about it, but I always hear him anyway, and then I have to give him ''The Look'':
emdgust.gif

Sometimes he just does it on purpose to get on my nerves! LOL!
25.gif

OMG!
I knew a guy who sucked the spit from his food DURING eating. He would take a bite and chew, then you''d hear him suck and swallow, and continue to chew. *I think I just vomited in my mouth a little*
EEEEEEEWWWWWWW, Shiny, that''s GROSS!!! Makes DH''s tooth-sucking sound tame by comparison!
23.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Styrofoam is the devil!!! I can''t even touch it.
14.gif

My mom hates the sound of cutlery rubbing together. My dad has to go outside to sharpen knives. Hehe we used to love torturing her with it at meals.
11.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to hell for this one...

My grandma chewing with her dentures in.
15.gif

I never noticed until my sister brought it up one day and now I can''t ignore it. And my sister sits across from me making the most gawd awful faces, making it THAT much worse!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 9:57:44 PM
Author: trillionaire
I''m going to hell for this one...

My grandma chewing with her dentures in.
15.gif

I never noticed until my sister brought it up one day and now I can''t ignore it. And my sister sits across from me making the most gawd awful faces, making it THAT much worse!

ha ha ha ha ha, that is because she doesn''t glue them in. They must make the clickety clack noise.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trillionaire: Forgot to mention, my neighbor does that and his wife tells him to go glue those suckers in, ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Linda

ucdcows

Rough_Rock
FI grinding his teeth at night, squeaky styrofoam, bugs crunching, crinoline on my skin, all gives me the heebie jeebies...

ucdcows

Rough_Rock
Oh yes, popping body parts....unfortunately, I''m a physical therapist and we had to learn how to do this in school.....talk about getting freaked out!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, he likes to GROSS me out. I think he is perverted that way. He will tell me something gross just to really spazz me out. Guess he has to have his fun somehow!!!

Once we were in Palm Springs and I felt like I was in Annie Hall. I told him there was a BIG spider (and I mean a body almost the size of my palm, NOT including legs). He gave me crap that I was too chicken to smash it and then he went in the other room to get it and SCREAMED at the top of his lungs OMG I have never seen a spider that size! (it was not a tarantula) Then, we called the front desk, asked them to come and kill it and they laughed at us. Finally they arrived, went in the room, came out looking like they had seen a ghost. They guy got a screwdriver to kill it!!!! We decided to change rooms immediately, what if they did not kill it or it had a friend???!!! Hubby was talking about how crunchy it would be when they squished it!!!! It made me want to hurl. I still remember this and this was April of 1992. (16 years and it still haunts me!)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Caroline, even with another room, I probably would have slept with my eyes wide open all night.

Wonder what kind of icky spider that was. I HATE spiders all kinds. They give me goose bumps.

23.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
OK....this may be a new one....In some inexpensive restaurants, they give utensils wrapped up in a paper napkin that is held together by a ring of paper. I HATE the feeling of that paper ring and make my hubby take it off and unroll my cutlery for me. Something about the texture of that darn paper ring that TOTALLY creeps me out!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I would have died, on the spot.
23.gif

Which reminds me of another one. Stepping on worms or slugs.

... excuse me while my skin crawls...

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Fork on a glass top table.

My son decided that he needed to ''draw'' with his fork on my mothers table the WHOLE TIME we were visiting her this past week!!!

It has to be the worst sound I''ve EVER HEARD!!!

Texture? Hmmm. No aversions to texture... although my BFF can''t stand Butterfinger candy bars... because they feel like sand in her mouth... and they are my favorite!!

Something that makes me crazy is people who eat with their mouths open. I can''t stand it. I have no idea why people do this. It''s so uncomfortable to me!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
The only sound that really bugs me is nails on a chalkboard.

I''m with 2Artists on the raw meat thing. I cannot touch it. I have a huge box of latex gloves in a kitchen drawer for that purpose.

And Lorelei, my kitty shares your dislike of the sound of the ironing board opening. Nothing and I mean nothing scares this cat. Every time the ironing board opens he runs off a few feet then turns around hair all sticking up and wild eyed. It makes him crazy!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Ah yes I too have the kitchen gloves under the sink ready to go.
14.gif

Mrs.2Artists

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2008 10:42:43 PM
Author: diamondfan
Linda, he likes to GROSS me out. I think he is perverted that way. He will tell me something gross just to really spazz me out. Guess he has to have his fun somehow!!!

Once we were in Palm Springs and I felt like I was in Annie Hall. I told him there was a BIG spider (and I mean a body almost the size of my palm, NOT including legs). He gave me crap that I was too chicken to smash it and then he went in the other room to get it and SCREAMED at the top of his lungs OMG I have never seen a spider that size! (it was not a tarantula) Then, we called the front desk, asked them to come and kill it and they laughed at us. Finally they arrived, went in the room, came out looking like they had seen a ghost. They guy got a screwdriver to kill it!!!! We decided to change rooms immediately, what if they did not kill it or it had a friend???!!! Hubby was talking about how crunchy it would be when they squished it!!!! It made me want to hurl. I still remember this and this was April of 1992. (16 years and it still haunts me!)
Ewwww...DiamondFan.....
32.gif

Miranda, LOL! My cats run a mile too come to think of it with the ironing board!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Can't stand feeling/squeaky sound of tearing cotton wool! EEEKK
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results