shape
carat
color
clarity

Sounds or textures you hate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
The "what words do you hate" thread got me thinking about sounds and textures that really bother me...

I can''t stand Styrofoam! Even drinking out of Styrofoam cups makes me cringe, especially if someone bites on it or writes on them. Its awful when I buy something and have to pull it out of Styrofoam. I also hate forks scratching plates.

My FF hates cotton balls- especially when they rub together. He also hates the fabrics velvet and velor- he won''t touch me if I''m wearing my velor hoodie....

My mom can''t stand the thought of napkins in her mouth (which is weird, because why would you even have a napkin in your mouth?)

My dad hates the sound of people rubbing balloons. We were allowed to have balloons when we were kids, but not if they made noise!

What are yours?!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to ironing boards
9.gif
, I hate the sound of them creaking when you lay them flat or open them up.

I also hate fish scales and will not handle a fish either living or deceased, but I will handle a snake no problem.

I also don''t like the sound of squeaking balloons or nails down a blackboard.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
nails on a chalkboard

opening cardboard boxes; I can''t do it. I cringe if I have to; also the styrofoam in them. bleh
14.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
i hate chewing gum.. gum itself i hate- its weird to me that you chew and chew and it does not go anywhere.. i hate the sound of others chewing it, and i hate the feel of it when you put you hand on it under a desk or something... that part of the movie ELF when he eats the old gum off the railing.. i literally throw up in my mouth a little.. its bizarre.

i also hate used bandaids. they send me over the edge.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
My ex was the same way with cardboard!

ETA: I forgot to quote Skippy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nails on a chalkboard and especially a fork scraping on a plate. Ooooo just hate that one!
14.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate the sound of chalk on blackboard, forks scraping on china, car alarms that go on and on, bad cell phone ringtones, dentist drills, cars that need mufflers, loud shrill voices that you hear across the restaurant, squeaking on balloons is not my favorite either.

I used to absolutely hate peach skin texture, it would make my tongue get funky. Now it is not too bad. I do not like sandpaper or rough cotton or other fabrics that are not smooth. Cotton in my mouth or any gloop like stuff. I also cannot stand liquid medicines with texture/thickness like maalox or medicines you need to drink for radiological tests. I literally gag. I also do not like to touch anything slimy ESPECIALLY when walking barefoot. Creeps me out, I cannot swim barefoot in a murky lake, and not be able to see the bottom.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 10:27:59 AM
Author: Catmom
Nails on a chalkboard and especially a fork scraping on a plate. Ooooo just hate that one!
14.gif
ewwwww, that one too for me. Oh my ears, I am cringing just thinking about it.
32.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 10:25:35 AM
Author: GoingCrazy29
My ex was the same way with cardboard!

ETA: I forgot to quote Skippy!
LOL, I knew you were talking about me
9.gif
35.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I hate just about any texture if it''s really dry and my hands are dry - in the winter, I''m the queen of lotion. Where I teach, there are chalkboards, and when that dust is on my hands, handling a book is just awful.

I love the taste of oranges, but I never eat them because there''s something about the texture after about 3 chews that I think is really gross (except oddly, when they come in an alcoholic beverage - I don''t know why I can eat a beer or sangria soaked orange).

Agreed about nails (or squeaky chalk) on a chalkboard.

Microphones that get too close to other equipment on a stage.

Children shrieking - I''m convinced there''s been some sort of evolution since I was younger, because I really don''t think I had the ability to reach such high pitches. ;-)

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I hate forks scraping on a plate! I really hate the sound of clinking silverwear on bowls also, because when I was little my dad used to scape at his icecream bowl to get the last bit out and it drove me crazy!
My mom hates the feeling of pulling the wrapper off those biscuits that come in a tube- weird! She always asks somebody else to do it for her because the sound of the paper pulling off and the suprise pop and the end drives her nuts!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
SOUNDS
The continuous bark of the dog next door drives me up the wall, and I love dogs!!
Scrunching (sp) of paper into a ball before throwing it away
Definitely nails on a chalkboard
My hole puncher in my office squeeks really bad
When people crack their knuckles...it sends chills up my back

TEXTURES
Chapped lips...I have to have chapsick ALL the time
wet clothes...I can''t take the clothes out of the washer to put them in the dryer, BF does it.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Rubbing balloons. I swear it''s all I can do not to grab those things out of little kids hands
32.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Elmorton- your orange story made me realize I forgot to say that I hate the texture of bananas! I like banana flavoring- but I can''t eat bananas because the squishiness makes me feel like I''m going to choke!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I hate the feeling of velvet and always have - ever since my mom used to dress me in little velvet dresses for Christmas. Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps, in a bad way ...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The hairs on my arms are standing up on end here!! I hate the chalkboard thing... and the fork on a plate. I also hate that noise when you put a straw in the lid of a mcdonalds cup. My hubby can''t stand if you catch your teeth on a fork. Sends him mad!

NuiX

Rough_Rock
I had a friend who used to eat pear halves with strawberry cream cheese. She had me try it once and it takes all of my willpower to share the memory with you. Creamy and grainy and squishy and smooth. egads but it was horrific.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Good thread...

I hate the texture of mayo and yogurt. Don''t know why, it''s just too messy in my mouth, blech.

I also cannot touch a fish or snake...I hate the way they feel

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
cotton balls

i can''t stand touching them. *uggghh*

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds:
- paper bags crumpling... it puts me in a terrible mood (I think it''s an association thing. When I was a kid, my mom was often putting away groceries when I was doing - or trying to do - my homework, so I guess paper bag crumpling=being frustrated with homework?)

- the sound of duct tape on carboard/styrofoam... you know that squeak/shriek sound the tape makes when stretching over the box or styrofaom **shudder**

- Basically, any high pitch shriek sound (i.e.: nails on a chalkboard, silverware on dishes, keys that squeak when turning in a lock, tennis shoes skidding on tile/smooth flooring, wet sneakers on tile, etc.)

Textures/sensations:
I''m a big food texture person so if a food has an "off" texture, I won''t eat it.
- sticky surfaces (especially in a public locations) when you don''t know why they''re sticky... eeewww!!!

- big, chunky gravel when I''m wearing heels... that''s mainly a "me having zero balance" thing
3.gif

- food that squeaks or is slippery in your mouth (i.e.: the skin of steamed squash)

- stepping barefoot into a puddle of sun-warmed water (or so you hope) beside a public swimming pool... bleh!

- the feeling of a glass nail file on my nails (I love those files because I never lose them, but I hate using them because of that feeling... makes me shudder just thinking about it)

- putting on warm tennis shoes

- the feeling of an alcohol-soaked piece of cotton swabbing my arm before a blood test... every time the nurse does that I think: skip the alcohol and do it already! (yes, I am a ginormous needle wuss
20.gif
)

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Nails on chalkboard
Fork on a plate

Texture use to be meats, now I am a veg don’t have to worry about that one.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I hate the texture of shrimp. Food shouldn''t bounce.

I hate the noise/feeling of getting your nails filed. Eeeek my hairs are standing on end just thinking about it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on the styrofoam.

I also don''t like anything gooey.

And I hate the sound of someone rubbing their eye. It''s a very subtle sound but it drives me crazy
32.gif

And sneezing
23.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 10:19:04 AM
Author: Lorelei
Back to ironing boards
9.gif

I also hate fish scales and will not handle a fish either living or deceased, but I will handle a snake no problem.

I also don't like the sound of squeaking balloons or nails down a blackboard.
You weirdo.
lol.gif

Sound: nails on chalkboard

Texture: okra (inside and out)
emotion-41.gif

LOL at OU and the shrimp!!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2008 11:57:16 AM
Author: Ellen

Back to ironing boards
9.gif

You weirdo.
lol.gif
This much is true ooh...
This much is true ooh ooh....
You know you know you know this much is true....
12.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 12:05:46 PM

Date: 8/20/2008 11:57:16 AM
Author: Ellen

Back to ironing boards
9.gif

You weirdo.
lol.gif
This much is true ooh...
This much is true ooh ooh....
You know you know you know this much is true....
12.gif
9.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 11:51:47 AM
Author: OUpeargirl
I hate the texture of shrimp. Food shouldn''t bounce.

I hate the noise/feeling of getting your nails filed. Eeeek my hairs are standing on end just thinking about it.
Hahahahaha! Too funny, I totally agree!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Peach fuzz/skin. YIKES! Oh and the sound of people biting their forks while eating--unbelievable.

cheers--Sharon

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
40.gif
Knife on a plate and fork on someones teeth....

Cotton balls when you pull them apart
14.gif

someone hacking or vomiting
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results